Who Is Working On 100% Accurate New Leagues for FM2010?

Jorge Campos

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I certainly hope to be able to incorporate displaced_seagull's Sussex work into my file when the time comes, as well as him having his file as a standalone option in its own right.

Likewise for any other work - I'd like to have my file become the definitive version so will be recruiting and referencing whatever I can get people to agree to :)

I am working on Bosnian League system, but I have question. There are two entities in Bosnia, and each has it's own league system, from Level 2 and down. Only Level 1 (called Premier League :p) is unified, teams from Federation (Croatians and Bosnians ) and from Republic of Srpska (Serbian) are together in Level 1. In Level 2 there are two leagues, First league of Federation and First league of Rep. of Srpska. Level 3 has 4 leagues for Federation and 4 leagues for Republic. So, will I be able to create sth like that, so teams from Federation can only play in Federation leagues in lower levels, and when are relegated, they go to Federation lower league, not to Republic of Srpska league???

I can forsee one big problem the lower you go.

RELEGATION

The further down you go the more regionalised the leagues are. So for instance Only a certain number can be promoted to the Unibond, Southern and Isthmian but many more leagues are feeders.

The main problem is if say 3 Midland Alliance teams all get relegated from Southern Mid/West can the game place these teams in the correct League?

And if these region Divs get 1 promoted from but 3 relegated into them can the game adjust to compensate?

Regional leagues are already a feature of previous FM games - think Blue Square North and South...

Also, in real life tbh the English FA promotion and relegation at lower levels can be somewhat ad hoc; perhaps the FA make it up as they go along, perhaps they have certain criteria that must be fulfilled or perhaps teams they like get promotion :D

Hey Super Bladesman. Quick question: I was wondering at what level are players already included in the db? Eg: @ level 10 will you have to add the players & teams yourself or will they already be in the db and it's just a matter of activating the leagues?

Hey Super Bladesman. Quick question: I was wondering at what level are players already included in the db? Eg: @ level 10 will you have to add the players & teams yourself or will they already be in the db and it's just a matter of activating the leagues?

From my experience, it is variable. Most, if not all, Level 10 clubs are there (based on FM09 at least), and some Level 11 clubs are there. Player Data is even more patchy, but again, there are exceptions.

Good stuff, Pompeyboyz, I do have an overwhelming desire to try my luck in the Faeroes at some point :cool::D (Possibly as some sort of 'Shipping Forecast Challenge'...)

Bit of 'exclusive' Sussex news, as I only checked my email briefly before coming to work and haven't had time to blog it yet, but yesterday I recieved masses of data for the West Sussex Premier League (Level 11). With a village population of 218, managing East Dean could be a real challenge for someone... :cool:

Me (and Candre168 hopefully) are going to try and create at least the top two Cypriot leagues, as well as the domestic cups. If it goes well, and isn't too time consuming and is 100% workable in implementation, then we'll certainly create the 3rd division, providing the data is available, and then see if anything can be done with the amateur leagues below that (which is unlikely).

:)

I am not sure if it is worth bothering with leagues for teams below level 8. It would depend on the ease of the research. I see no point in competitions full of grey players.

Surely these days this would just be Regens, so even if they're not real players, theyll be "players" - after ten-fifteen years, it would be like that anyway...

I can forsee one big problem the lower you go.

RELEGATION

The further down you go the more regionalised the leagues are. So for instance Only a certain number can be promoted to the Unibond' date=' Southern and Isthmian but many more leagues are feeders.

The main problem is if say 3 Midland Alliance teams all get relegated from Southern Mid/West can the game place these teams in the correct League?

And if these region Divs get 1 promoted from but 3 relegated into them can the game adjust to compensate?[/quote']

This is an issue I've been pondering, too...especially with regard to the possibility of interation with the Scottish League (I'm confident that English Lower Leagues will be provided by other people for the realistic games, I quite like the odd game with a big of a twist, but of course what happens if you have one team coming up each year, but Rangers/Celtic never get relegated...).

Anyone have any idea about all this?

I'm hoping to get my local team Coalville Town in the game, with fully working squad etc. So anyone that needs any help I'll be willing to try and find detail such as squads etc, for the leagues above and adjacent.

I'd love to get Coalville on the game. It's about time someone got them out of the Midland Alliance, might as well be me :D

As a Brighton & Hove resident, I'd just like to say this is AWESOME! Are there any Hove teams anywhere in that?

To be honest with you, I'm not sure! - In the process of looking around the Brighton, Hove & District league at present.

County Three blog uploaded today - Rottingdean Village may be local to you?

The title of this thread implies that people are ALREADY working on this. Does this mean some sort of editor is already available? Would love to ahve the editor ahead of release so that I can have my game world ready for 30th Oct...

As far as I know this isn't the case, the editor won't be released until October 30. I think what the OP means is who is currently collecting all the required data to start editing straightaway... ;)

I plan to do the Baltic states with this set up:

Estonia

Meistriliiga (10 teams, 36 games)

Esiliiga (10 teams, 36 games)

II Liiga North/South (14 teams, 26 games - in each league)

Latvia

Virsliga (9 teams, 28 games)

1. Liga (14 teams, 26 games)

Lithuania

A Lyga (8 teams, 26 games)

1 Lyga (7 teams, 24 games)

Along with the Baltic League competition.

As far as I know this isn't the case, the editor won't be released until October 30. I think what the OP means is who is currently collecting all the required data to start editing straightaway... ;)

Also, beta testers have had access to the editor, and many of them have already built the XML files to unlock unplayable leagues. So I would think that many of those files will be available on release day.

I have a feeling people are gonna be spending more time with the editor than the actual game. I just want to add a super league where 2 teams for all over the world get promoted into it. if a team is relegated, its back into its previous league, so if say barca get relegated, it would be back into spanish league. its based on the idea what was gonna happen irl within the next 10 years but sadly isn`t. I think you could do it in 09 but it mean`t replacing all teams from a league, in 10 you don`t have to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

Will there be a centralised place to download all these leagues?

I can see it becoming complicated when you have (e.g.) ten San Marino league files by ten different people and users don't know which is the most realistic one and which one they should download.

Maybe a new website could be started, and people vote on which file is the most realistic (if more than one files is created for a country)? :)

That reminds me when the cmskins.co.uk website came out for CM4. fmleagues.co.uk doesn't sound quite right though...

I've been working on compiling info on the San Marinese league and have so far managed to get info for all 15 teams including squad listings. The league structure is a pain and I'm not sure exactly how it's going to work in the editor but I guess I'll find out in a couple of days!

Maybe someone can enlighten me on a couple of questions...

The San Marinese league is split into two divisions (A contains 8 teams, B contains 7). The way the fixtures work is that each team plays teams in its own division twice and teams in the other division once. Is this possible in the editor?

The top three teams from each division enter a playoff at the end of the season to determine the champion. This playoff is a double elimination tournament - a team is eliminated after it loses two games. Is this possible in the editor?

Thanks for any help guys!

Archived