Players who will be upgraded/downgraded for FM2010 *player naming*

Fair point, but what has Vela done? He's scored a few cracking goals, but usually against crap League Cup opposition. At least Rafael and Macheda have played for Utd's 1st team a bit more against good opposition. I've not seen Vela do that much in the PL.

yeah i agree i think the problem is that some of the arsenal youth is overrated rather than other youth players for the big pl teams being underrated. Although this is unlikely to change seeing as arsenal thumped liverpool in the fa youth cup final this season.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keirrison needs a major downgrade, maybe not as much in PA but definitely in CA, hes very much a raw deal, one who has some disciplinary problems and is in no way ready for a european move for a few years

• 3 weeks later...
Berbatov work rate should be at 2 -5

No it shouldn't. If you look at the CL stats for last season (don't know about EPL), he actually ran more than a lot of the other UTD players. (Yes, the ones that started, not the reserves)

Playing alongside Tevez and Rooney made him look lazy, along with his body language. But, he does work, and is a quality player. As a neutral, I'd rather have him than Tev anyday.

No it shouldn't. If you look at the CL stats for last season (don't know about EPL), he actually ran more than a lot of the other UTD players. (Yes, the ones that started, not the reserves)

Playing alongside Tevez and Rooney made him look lazy, along with his body language. But, he does work, and is a quality player. As a neutral, I'd rather have him than Tev anyday.

:thup: It's his team-work and determination that are at fault.

Saying that, I'd far rather have Tevez.

Stiliyan Petrov needs an upgrade. One of Villa's best players yet in the game he can't keep a place in the starting 11 and is usually sold for peanuts.

Micah Richards had a good quarter of a season 2 years ago and all of a sudden he has massive potential? Please...

Nani needs downgrading in his mental stats.

Martin Petrov needs an upgrade in his mental stats.

Glen Johnson needs a upgrade. I'm a through and through pompey fan but crouchy's stats should not be as high as they are.

I suspect Crouch's stats are that good the fact that he's an England regular. I agree that he shouldn't be anywhere near as good as he is attribute-wise.

From what I've seen of my clubs players...

Upgrade

Jack Collison

Carlton Cole

Rob Green (although his relatively unimpressive stats never seem to hinder him from being one of the most important keepers in the game)

Matthew Upson

Junior Stanislas

Marek Stech

James Tomkins

Downgrade

Julien Faubert

On Yossi Benayoun, I'd be annoyed to see him get an upgrade now. Always thought he was underrated when he was with us and had to suffer the mindless criticism aimed at him by the mindless scouse plastics up here in the black country.

I'm surprised at several people mentioning Bendtner and Gallas – Arsenal's best defender last season and a very young striker who got himself around the same number of goals as van Persie and Adebayor in the league despite usually being used as a substitute. Arsenal could use some downgrading in their team that's for sure, but not these two.

Reading fan - Upgrade

Alex Pearce

Adam Federici

Chris Armstrong

Jem Karacan

James Henry

Downgraded

Stephen Hunt

Leroy Lita

Jimmy Kebe (useless on the game, even more so in real life)

DAVE KITSON - way overrated in FM09!

Anyone saying arsenal's youngsters need downgrading should watch them v wigan last year. Took the wigan first team apart without any difficulty, something our first team struggled to do.

That was a special ONE off game, but we are talking about individuals and not the great team effort that they produced in that game. My original point was that there is some undoubted talent in the Arsenal youngsters they are just overrated in comparison to other big team's youngsters.

Upgrade

Antonio Valencia

Wayne Rooney

Wilson Palacios

Darren Fletcher

Rafael da Silva

Aaron Lennon

Andres Iniesta

Kiko Macheda

Andrei Arshavin

Kieran Gibbs

Danny Murphy

Clint Dempsey

Brede Hangeland

Ashley Young

Stilian Petrov

Michael Turner

Stephen Ireland

Yossi Benayoun

Downgrade

Michael Owen

Theo Walcott

Emmanuel Adebayor

Cesc Fabregas

Robin van Persie

Carlos Vela

Owen Hargreaves

Nani

Anderson

Gary Neville

Carlos Tevez

Miguel Veloso

Michael Ballack

Deco

Robinho

Alberto Riera

Gareth Barry

Gareth Bale

Upgrade

Antonio Valencia

Wayne Rooney

Wilson Palacios

Darren Fletcher

Rafael da Silva

Aaron Lennon

Andres Iniesta

Kiko Macheda

Andrei Arshavin

Kieran Gibbs

Danny Murphy

Clint Dempsey

Brede Hangeland

Ashley Young

Stilian Petrov

Michael Turner

Stephen Ireland

Yossi Benayoun

Downgrade

Michael Owen

Theo Walcott

Emmanuel Adebayor

Cesc Fabregas

Robin van Persie

Carlos Vela

Owen Hargreaves

Nani

Anderson

Gary Neville

Carlos Tevez

Miguel Veloso

Michael Ballack

Deco

Robinho

Alberto Riera

Gareth Barry

Gareth Bale

Why do you think Owen Hargreaves should be downgraded out of interest? He's had a torrid time with injuries of late but I don't think he should be downgraded because of that, maybe increasing his injury proneness hidden stat would do? :p

This is incredibly biased coming from a fulham fan, but Fulham got a raw deal on 09.

Yes, they were 15 minutes away from relegation the season before, but I've never seen them remain in the EPL for longer than 2 years in 09, and that's on any of the updates.

It's understandable no-one could predict we'd finish so high (which was more of a result of wigan stopping playing after 40 points and Spur's bad start), but they are one of the poorest teams in the prem in FM09.

Apart from Hangeland, I don't think any of the players were particularly under-rated, but FM10 should definately rectify the whole team's performance somehow.

upgrade:

dzeko

luis fabiano

grafite

josue

ribery (speed 15???? he's one of the fastest players on our planet.. especially with the ball)

lahm

pranjic

gomez

lucio

misimovic

diego

gerrard

g. johnson

forlan

downgrade:

balotelli

marquinhos

keirrison

vela

oscar cardozo

palombo

lewandowski

bojan

upgrade:

dzeko

luis fabiano

grafite

ribery (speed 15???? he's one of the fastest players on our planet.. especially with the ball)

lahm

pranjic

gomez

lucio

misimovic

diego

gerrard

g. johnson

forlan

downgrade:

balotelli

marquinhos

keirrison

vela

oscar cardozo

palombo

lewandowski

bojan

A few that i dont aggree with like:

Kerrison (should be improved) Games played -23, Goals socred - 18

Balotelli (should stay the same) Games played -22, Goals scored - 8 and he has mostly been playing out on the wide right !

Carlos vela (should stay the same) He has just started 2 matches this season ! and scoring 1 ... how can he be downgraded ?

Also, commenting on that list. The majority of the players on that 'upgrade' list are already quality players. Gerrard, Lucio and Lahm in particular I can't see where any upgrade is needed. As for Luis Fabiano, I think his stats accurately reflect the fact he's hardly world-class, rather just very useful and in the right place with a good finish. Forlan similarly.

Agree with Diego needing an upgrade though. Every time I saw him this season he was superb.

Don't think any out of Balotelli, Vela or Bojan, being the only three I've seen this season (I'm not going to comment on players I haven't watched..) deserve downgrading. All have shown superb ability, and Vela in particular has looked outstanding (particularly his hat-trick) and it baffles me as to why he didn't play more.

Bojan had a few dodgy showings, admittedly, but the ability is clearly there. You don't upgrade/downgrade people based on form; this isn't FIFA. ;)

I really don't get it how SI rate Dirk Kuyt. Everybody underestimates his technical abilities and overestimates his mental attributes if you ask me.

I've had a season ticket of Feyenoord for about 6 years now, so I've watched many of his home games for that team. About 50, I would say. And that's not including all the away games I've seen on the telly. Besides, in those days he was not as good as he is now.

What I've seen of him in those years is amazing and does not compare to how SI rate him in any way. His technique is very good, especially his first touches and passing. I've seen him passing a ball over 60 yards perfectly on someone's chest almost twice a match. He always gets the ball where he wants it to be. The only problem is that he lacks creativity. He doesn't always know where the ball should be, that's his problem. That his passing seems a bit poor at times as he usually passes back or sideways at Liverpool because of the high tempo is not because he lacks the technical abilities, but simply because he's not creative enough to materialize on Gerrard's or Torres's brilliant runs. He simply does not see the space. That's also why his positioning is so poor. He doesn't think ahead.

Now I know most of you will disagree with me, but think about it. How many times have you seen Kuyt give the ball away straight to the opposition? Not a lot. And how many times have you thought: "Why did you play it back? Gerrard was on loads of space!" You'll come to the conclusion that it's not the technique he lacks, it's the creativity.

That's why I believe his passing (which is 13 now) should be upgraded big time. And to balance it out his creativity (and positioning by the way) downgraded. His positioning is 17 at the moment. That's ridiculous. If Holland play 4-4-2 (which they did with Van Basten a couple of times) he always gets in the way of his teammates.

Another thing is: His dribbling is only 10 according to the Data Editor. Now I can see that he's no Messi and that he does not (or never, even) go past his opponents a lot with the ball at his feet, but can you honestly say that he loses the ball often when he's dribbling? You can't, it seems impossible to get him off the ball. The fact that he doesn't dribble passed his opponents a lot doesn't mean that he's a bad dribbler, on the contrary, it means (again) that he lacks creativity. Which, again, has nothing to do with technical skills. Although his lack of agility also plays a part in this case.

There is either something wrong with the way SI rate Kuyt, or with the way attributes are described in FM. If it's impossible to get a player off the ball when he's dribbling, but he never goes past opponents while dribbling, does that make him a bad dribbler? According to FM's attributes: Yes. According to me: No.

The same question can be asked about his passing. Does Kuyt give the ball away to the opposition often? No, hardly ever. Does he create chances by putting the ball behind defenses brilliantly? No. Does that mean he's a bad passer? According to FM: Yes. I think not.

I really don't get it how SI rate Dirk Kuyt. Everybody underestimates his technical abilities and overestimates his mental attributes if you ask me.

I've had a season ticket of Feyenoord for about 6 years now, so I've watched many of his home games for that team. About 50, I would say. And that's not including all the away games I've seen on the telly. Besides, in those days he was not as good as he is now.

What I've seen of him in those years is amazing and does not compare to how SI rate him in any way. His technique is very good, especially his first touches and passing. I've seen him passing a ball over 60 yards perfectly on someone's chest almost twice a match. He always gets the ball where he wants it to be. The only problem is that he lacks creativity. He doesn't always know where the ball should be, that's his problem. That his passing seems a bit poor at times as he usually passes back or sideways at Liverpool because of the high tempo is not because he lacks the technical abilities, but simply because he's not creative enough to materialize on Gerrard's or Torres's brilliant runs. He simply does not see the space. That's also why his positioning is so poor. He doesn't think ahead.

Now I know most of you will disagree with me, but think about it. How many times have you seen Kuyt give the ball away straight to the opposition? Not a lot. And how many times have you thought: "Why did you play it back? Gerrard was on loads of space!" You'll come to the conclusion that it's not the technique he lacks, it's the creativity.

That's why I believe his passing (which is 13 now) should be upgraded big time. And to balance it out his creativity (and positioning by the way) downgraded. His positioning is 17 at the moment. That's ridiculous. If Holland play 4-4-2 (which they did with Van Basten a couple of times) he always gets in the way of his teammates.

Another thing is: His dribbling is only 10 according to the Data Editor. Now I can see that he's no Messi and that he does not (or never, even) go past his opponents a lot with the ball at his feet, but can you honestly say that he loses the ball often when he's dribbling? You can't, it seems impossible to get him off the ball. The fact that he doesn't dribble passed his opponents a lot doesn't mean that he's a bad dribbler, on the contrary, it means (again) that he lacks creativity. Which, again, has nothing to do with technical skills. Although his lack of agility also plays a part in this case.

There is either something wrong with the way SI rate Kuyt, or with the way attributes are described in FM. If it's impossible to get a player off the ball when he's dribbling, but he never goes past opponents while dribbling, does that make him a bad dribbler? According to FM's attributes: Yes. According to me: No.

The same question can be asked about his passing. Does Kuyt give the ball away to the opposition often? No, hardly ever. Does he create chances by putting the ball behind defenses brilliantly? No. Does that mean he's a bad passer? According to FM: Yes. I think not.

great post:thup:

They're already the best in the game..

That doesn't mean they haven't justified a need for improvement...

I'm not too sure about Messi being improved, but Iniesta's dribbling should be higher. Players struggle to tackle him and Xavi because of the way they use their feet and bodies to "sell" the player.

Kuyt does need an upgrade

Another 2 players who are good on the game but unbelievable this last season and need an upgrade are:

Messi

Iniesta

FACT!

You upgrade Messi anymore he will become god-like! :eek:

Lauri Dalla Valle needs somewhat of an upgrade. I read a lot about him on the Liverpool website and he scores hatfuls in the reserves. Maybe not a huge increase but a slight increase in CA probably because i dont think his stats do him any justice

Lauri Dalla Valle needs somewhat of an upgrade. I read a lot about him on the Liverpool website and he scores hatfuls in the reserves. Maybe not a huge increase but a slight increase in CA probably because i dont think his stats do him any justice

Nice to hear he's doing well. I was always curious to how he was fairing at Liverpool after I always used to sign him on FM08 :thup:

upgrade:

dzeko

luis fabiano

grafite

lahm

pranjic

gomez

lucio

misimovic

diego

gerrard

g. johnson

forlan

Luís Fabiano is fine how he is just now, Not sure quite what you want in Ribéry being improved. Lahm is fine how he is; he's quality on the game. Gomez is also very good, so I don't know why you think he should be upgraded even more? What's wrong with how Lúcio is at the moment? Gerrard is already a fine player on FM, how does he need upgrading?

People should really state reasons why they think people need upgrading, especially if you’re going to post a list like that.

downgrade:

balotelli

marquinhos

keirrison

vela

oscar cardozo

palombo

lewandowski

bojan

Why would you downgrade Balotelli? Marquinhos obviously needs to be toned down, Keirrison needs adjustments on some mental/hidden stats but more of a slight downgrade for him.

As for my club;

Upgrading;

Song - very good season

Arshavin - still not as good in FM as he has been

Nasri - More to do with being a natural LM

Almunia - one of the best GK in the prem this season

Gibbs - Need i say why

Downgrading;

Everyone else (Some more than others);)

This year Gibbs has been the best young player to break through in the premiership - he definately needs that shown in a CA increase. Currently he is as good as the other U18's in game, whereas IRL he is as good as most of our first team squad.

upgraded

xabi alonso

glen johnson

downgarded

darijo srna

juan manuel vargas

those twos stats are unbelievable :eek:

Upgrade; Joe Hart, Roger Johnson, Seb Larsson, James McFadden & Cameron Jerome.

Downgrade; Martin Taylor, Srna, Keirrison.

Why would you guys downgrade Srna, did you ever watch him play? I would pick him over any other RB including ramos, because of his high work rate and ability to play on any position on wings and

i don`t mean in the game. Also he won euro cup with Shatar this year and played awesome in the final, so no reason for downgrade.

I would upgrade Inniesta, for me, he`s the best midfielder in the world atm.

Gibbs -10 would be too much. The lower end of minus 10 is already a key player for Arsenal and England, better than Cole or Evra. -8 is fine IMO, that's Arsenal first team. -10 is for nailed on world class players.

Fair enough SCIAG, although a significant CA boost wouldn't be unreasonable. On the other hand i would reduce the PA of ramsey, lansbury, merida, wellbeck, that spearing guy at liverpool etc etc. None of them have really done anything to warrant their -9 PA or whatever it is.

Has Stephen Taylor been mentioned? He's always good on FM and i've never seen him play well irl.

Him and Bassong were the only reason we survived til the last game of the season.

Newcastle

Upgrade:

Nile Ranger (u19 (england) regular, scored a shed load of goals this season)

Frazer Foster

Bradden Inman

Shane Ferguson

Carrol (only slightly)

Downgrade:

Smith (horrifically overrated)

Nolan

Owen (Overrated)

Colocini (He has horrible pace/scceleration, is horrible in the air)

Jonas (Pace/accel is overrated)

Ameobi (Needs no justification)

Cacapa ( Cacraper)

Geremi (finished)

Xisco ( Overrated on FM, yet to see much of him)

Duff (Overrated)

On a similar note to the Shakhtar researcher, it seems the CSKA Moscow researchers went a bit overboard this year as well. Vagner Love the best striker around? Zhirkov the best left winger? :rolleyes:

Also, quite a few Arsenal players, but that's a given:

Fabregas, Adebayor and Kolo Toure are hideously overrated.

However, Arshavin seems to be underrated: he's probably Arsenal's best player and he rarely gets a game for them in FM.

Archived