Dont Drink & Play FM

I was just talking to one of my mates who had his birthday on Sunday, we went out and hit the bottle a little bit (he was a little wasted, I was a good boy :p), anyway i was telling him about one of my transfers on FM and he told me that when he got home on Sunday Night/ Monday Morning he decided to stay up and play FM for an hour. BIG MISTAKE.

He went back to the game on Monday Afternoon and realised that he had Sold his top 5 players for next to nothing (millions lost) and had quit his job and was now unemployed, he had been on this game for 22 seasons and had saved over the original game. :eek:

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

hahaha thats very true,i dont drink but had been playing FM while falling asleep,i was gonna loan out some of my young players to my feeder clubs to gain experience before the transfer window shuts but i was too sleepy and keep processing until the window has passed and i saved the game...

I've gad a few regrettable drunken sessions in my time. Normally its only my results that suffer as i decide that my team should play ultra-attacking football all the time. :D

Although i also find FM good for sobering up if i play it long enough before going to bed.

I couldn't agree more with the title of this thread.

Did play once and made a few errors, but because I was drunk I assumed that I wouldn't have messed up otherwise and so quit and reloaded the next day. Then felt really guilty because it is basically cheating. So had to start again :(:mad:

I can testify. Last year i was playing a career game and was managing Bacelona. Having had a couple of drinks i came to a champions league sem final second leg against Lyon (we had a bit of history having being in the same group and beating me twice and crocking Messi & Dos Santos for long periods.)

We had lost the 1st leg 2-1 away so a 1-0 at the Camp Nou would get us through on away goals. We took an early lead through Guisseppe Rossi and were completely in control when in the 89th minuite Benzema is put clean through and equalises despite clealry being 2-3 yrds offside. 1-1 was how it finished and for a momment i just sat in shock staring at my laptop screen before for no apparent reason i punched as hard as i could. Nothing happened for about a second but then colour spread from the impact point to envelop the screen in a rainbow patterned mark of my aggression. £100 that cost me to fix. You have been warned ;)

I also had a friend who once attempted to strangle his laptop after conceding a goal. I dont remember if alcohol was involoved but it was still funny.

I have had many a drunken night on FM, and wake up the next day and look at the offers and signings I have made and think, WTF was I thinking.

I seem to buy young players for millions and they are complete *****.

There was one occasion I bought 7 youngsters sent them out on loan and they never even played a game for a conference BSS team.

I have a rule where I save a game as something different before I try and play drunk. That way If i make a horrendous decision I can revert to my sober save the next day. Im fully aware that some people consider this cheating but its my game and I want to protect the career I worked hard to build up.

Comptuers in general should come with breathalizers!

Many many a time have I came home from a night out (the missus in bed and not interested in me drunkenly 'entertaining' her) and chucked on FM, its amazing how some players stats must look good after a drink or two...wake up the next day and you have four or five players who have been signed who are nothing but total gash!! Also have sold a few players just because the played a bad game, my worst is probably selling Saviola in an older game coz he played a five and missed a last min penalty.

I've been there, last year I came home after a night out and discovered I'd left FM on and decided to play for a bit. Woke up to discover I'd spent £44M on a left back who was worth £6-8M at best, and I didn't even need him (I think I bought him because he's Scottish, but I can't be sure)

I'd played a few games and had some fairly average results, but no other serious damage was done

I remember that a few years ago I wouldn't EVER drink and play FM as I noticed my decisions getting worse after just 2 beers already. Now, after many years of study I don't notice that before a full bottle of wine is gone :p

I drunkenly knocked a beer over in to one of my old laptops while playing FM and ended up having to buy a new laptop. Twas an expenxive night.

Similar thing happened to me while playing Fifa Manager, but i meant to spill beer all over the disk so that I didnt have to play it again :D.

I tend to just get really impulsive rather than my usual thought out style...

A player wants first team football - instead of trying to appease him i will think sod you then and fine him.

Star player misses a last minute sitter - instead of sympathise team talk, angry team talk and on the transfer list he goes.

etc etc

• 3 weeks later...
I tend to just get really impulsive rather than my usual thought out style...

A player wants first team football - instead of trying to appease him i will think sod you then and fine him.

Star player misses a last minute sitter - instead of sympathise team talk, angry team talk and on the transfer list he goes.

etc etc

Now that's exactly why I don't play FM while Drunk. I hide the laptop if I'm on a night out

I can testify to not drinking and playing fm...

In fm 2008 I was playing as newly promoted Jevnaker IF. I had way too much to drink and decided to sign all these amazing players with high stats. Couldn't figure out why noone else seemed to want them but wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth. Woke up and discovered I'd been seeing 1s in front of a lot of their numbers. That 14 pace striker... yeah... 4 pace... :eek: Lost a fair amount of money unloading all those useless players.

Another time I had too much to drink and woke up to discover I'd given the entire team nicknames (most based off Monty Python sketches but some based off the players themselves like cantscore butwhinesalot and keeper mcuseless) and made a large number of completely stupid useless formations (like the infamous 1-8-2...)

This is some sort of Aussie gene or something...On my spurs save, Bent had scored 13 in 14 games, missed a sitter near the end of the game and got transfer listed and sold for pittance the next day. REALLY regretted that one. Went to start my Uefa cup match a few irl days later and suffice to say...I was missing a striker and had no clue what happened, found out he was at Everton...

Archived