This should be in the game. Don't care how much flak I cop

Puevlo

Sometimes you're playing against a must-beat team who happens to have a star player causing you problems. Could be a top striker or a nimble goalkeeper. So you should be able to issue specific instructions to one of your players to take them out of the game permanently. Most likely you would use an old retiree or a young player you know won't amount to much so that the long ban sentence won't hurt too much.

This could work well for two-legged games or even at the start of the season against your top rival. It would be handy to break the leg or neck of their star player so that he's out for a while. It's likely the player you ask to do this won't be playing for a while so they possibly could refuse or ask for a lot of money else they'll spill the beans.

Either way I'm sure in real life players get targetted this way and so it should be in the game.

To specifically target a player for hard tackling is already in the game. I'm not really sure what this really adds to the game to be honest.

Yep. That's all you need really. I don't think there will ever be a 'Break this guys neck' option. Mostly because i think it promotes violence in football, and I'm sure SI don't want that.

It would be handy to break the leg or neck of their star player so that he's out for a while.

i take it you dont play football for a club. tha is the most stupid thing i have heard on these forums. that is very unsporting and there is no place in the game for that sort of behavior

Sometimes you're playing against a must-beat team who happens to have a star player causing you problems. Could be a top striker or a nimble goalkeeper. So you should be able to issue specific instructions to one of your players to take them out of the game permanently. Most likely you would use an old retiree or a young player you know won't amount to much so that the long ban sentence won't hurt too much.

This could work well for two-legged games or even at the start of the season against your top rival. It would be handy to break the leg or neck of their star player so that he's out for a while. It's likely the player you ask to do this won't be playing for a while so they possibly could refuse or ask for a lot of money else they'll spill the beans.

Either way I'm sure in real life players get targetted this way and so it should be in the game.

that is a stupid idea and i am sure no manager send out a player in reallife to break a players leg yes they might have them marked or tell the player to tackle him a little harder to make sure he does not get away.

It's not as stupid as it sounds, years ago many clubs had players who were there specifically to take players our nicknamed hatchetmen as they chopped people down.

Obviously the game has changed no end since those days and there is no place now for that sort of thing and so i agree it shouldn't be in the game, just thought i would point out how it used to be common place apart from the neck breaking for obvious reasons. :p

why would any professional footballer (including managers, many of whom were ex professional footballers) wish to see another player's career endangered? Can you imagine the likes of Marco Van Basten (whose career ended because of one too many horrific tackles) actually send his players out to break someone else's leg on purpose?

I agree roughing out someone is pretty much common place nowadays and yes, that is in the game (hard tackling), and should be allowed because it's a man's game afterall. But deliberately breaking someone else's leg? did you see the look of horror of Martin Taylor's face when he realised what he did to Eduardo a few month's ago?

There was a game that had this option probably about 15 years ago, again called Hatchetman and you could select a player to attempt to injure the player and it would result in your player getting sent off usually even if it didn't injure the player. Wish I could remember what game it was I used to play it at my friends house.

If you hadn't gone to such extreme lengths as to make your point completely ridiculous, then I would have told you that this feature of "targetting opposition in a physical manner" is already in the game. Unfortunately your comment doesn't warrant a thoughtful response.

Never going to happen.

SI have repeatedly stated that they will not include anything against the rules (e.g. you can't bribe refs, or tell your players to dive) and basically asking a player to commit assault is quite clearly against the rules.

If you really want to get stuck into a player, there is already the "hard" tackling option, there's no need for anything more.

i am sure no manager send out a player in reallife to break a players leg yes they might have them marked or tell the player to tackle him a little harder to make sure he does not get away.
It has happened in the past...there was some German manager a few decades ago who actively encouraged his players to literally break the opponents' legs, and he got done for it.

Listen "Puevlo", this is the most ******** idea I've ever read on this forums.

Football is a game, not a friggin war, man. Some you lose, some you win.

They got a player that gives you hard times, you try and neutralize him using football tactics and tweakings, you don't have to murder him. If you can't think of a tactic that will help you win the game, or you're just a simple cry-baby who can't accept defeat, then, my friend, FM is just not for you.

Better stick to your lame shooter games where you can break, chop, shoot and kill whoever you want.

What an a-hole...the kind that broke Eduardo's foot.

What an a-hole...the kind that broke Eduardo's foot.

Martin Taylor didn't do this on purpose. I'm sick on people thinking they know a lot about football then saying taylor did this on purpose. They're just as bad as the Croats who tried to assault Taylor. Did you not see the reaction of the player over the next 2 weeks? If you didn't already know he didn't come into training as he was that emotionally beaten. McCleish was calling him like everyday begging him to come back but he said no everytime. This shows you the attitude of the man and after meeting the man I can honestly say he is a true gentleman. More than I can say for some people.

Anyone who encourages a player to break a persons leg should be ashamed of themselves, even if it is only on a computer game, it still raises questions about what sort of morality you have

While I don't rate top-flight footballers highly as human beings, they still don't deserve to have their legs broken for playing something which is supposed to be entertaining to us all. Personally I don't find seeing a person have their leg snapped in half very entertaining

You only have to watch the Eduardo incident to see how distressing it is (even if it was an accident)

Thanks for the replies guys. I didn't think my idea would get this much support.

Obviously this isn't an idea for the faint of heart or the plain wussy. If you can't stomach doing this to an enemy player then that's fine. Don't expect the AI to be so compromising though. Clearly it wouldn't work every time though; since there'd be a chance you wouldn't injure the other player enough to do some serious damage which is unfortunate but realistic.

I don't think you should be able to target what sort of injury to cause either. Probably should be more serious depending on the stats of the player you choose to do the tackling. Probably based on tackling, strength and perhaps aggressiveness.

Do you guys think there should be a penalty for being caught? Or even if there is a chance of being found out that you're asking your players to do this.

Ok just on a slightly differnt but similar note. My dad read Roy Keane's auto biography. And i that he said that in a game against man city late on a city man gave him a bad challenge he couldnt get him back that game so in the next game delibretly took him out.

Not the same thing and like i said before id be against such an option but that was an example of not a manager making the choice but the player hell bent on revenge.

I remember one time i was going to play against Inter and before the match the media asked me about Ibrahimovic and i told them he was a threat. He didn't last 12 minutes on the pitch. Maybe if you warn your player about some player's threat and tell them to tackle hard on them, it might work if you wanna break someone's leg.

Thanks for the replies guys. I didn't think my idea would get this much support.

Obviously this isn't an idea for the faint of heart or the plain wussy.

1. You call some of these posts support?!

2. So IYO, any person who doesn't want to break someone else's neck is 'faint of heart' or 'plain wussy'? Thats completely pathetic, any moron that goes around breaking people's necks to prove they aren't 'wussy' is the biggest t*t I have ever heard of. Completely immature, thuggish and not to mention, illegal. Who are you, Joey Barton?

Martin Taylor didn't do this on purpose. I'm sick on people thinking they know a lot about football then saying taylor did this on purpose. They're just as bad as the Croats who tried to assault Taylor. Did you not see the reaction of the player over the next 2 weeks? If you didn't already know he didn't come into training as he was that emotionally beaten. McCleish was calling him like everyday begging him to come back but he said no everytime. This shows you the attitude of the man and after meeting the man I can honestly say he is a true gentleman. More than I can say for some people.

You know him personally, yeah? Taylor, McLeish or perhaps even both?

If not, can I assume you're one of those 'My vet's aunt's daughter's husband's boss' sister is a Birmingham youth players prositute and and he told me that it was an accident'. There we go, theres an answer for everything!

Sorry for such a moaning post BTW:)

Obviously this isn't an idea for the faint of heart or the plain wussy. If you can't stomach doing this to an enemy player then that's fine. Don't expect the AI to be so compromising though. Clearly it wouldn't work every time though; since there'd be a chance you wouldn't injure the other player enough to do some serious damage which is unfortunate but realistic.

I don't think you should be able to target what sort of injury to cause either. Probably should be more serious depending on the stats of the player you choose to do the tackling. Probably based on tackling, strength and perhaps aggressiveness.

Do you guys think there should be a penalty for being caught? Or even if there is a chance of being found out that you're asking your players to do this.

This sentence tells me all I need to know about you - your idea is worthy of that of a thug and idiot.

The fact that you consider methods of breaking virtual players' legs in a computer game, is bad enough, but then you say it is unfortunate when it is not successful.

:mad:

1. You call some of these posts support?!

2. So IYO, any person who doesn't want to break someone else's neck is 'faint of heart' or 'plain wussy'? Thats completely pathetic, any moron that goes around breaking people's necks to prove they aren't 'wussy' is the biggest t*t I have ever heard of. Completely immature, thuggish and not to mention, illegal. Who are you, Joey Barton?

You know him personally, yeah? Taylor, McLeish or perhaps even both?

If not, can I assume you're one of those 'My vet's aunt's daughter's husband's boss' sister is a Birmingham youth players prositute and and he told me that it was an accident'. There we go, theres an answer for everything!

Sorry for such a moaning post BTW:)

No I don't know him personally and I never said I did but as I live in Birmingham. I read the Birmingham Newspapers quite a lot you see and McCleish was quoted as saying he was ringing Taylor everyday and whatnot. So in future, please be quiet before you know all the facts. Thankyou.

No I don't know him personally and I never said I did but as I live in Birmingham. I read the Birmingham Newspapers quite a lot you see and McCleish was quoted as saying he was ringing Taylor everyday and whatnot. So in future, please be quiet before you know all the facts. Thankyou.

So you're going to trust a manager, who could be. trying to get the blame off his player for potentially ending a career? He could have just been trying to get people to feel sorry for Taylor, rather than saying he should be banned.

And I'd appriciate not being told to stay quiet before I know the 'facts', as no-one can prove that the comments are true. Or were the calls recorded? If so, then I'll re-consider my views.

You could see the look on Taylor's face when it happened and there was definitely no malice there and genuine shock.

Forget the pictures you saw in the paper, they tried to twist it into something it wasn't by showing a picture that suggested something else, watching it properly in highlights and not still pictures made it very clear how little he meant it.

This idea is a bit silly as hard tackling is already in the game I am not sure managers actually send people out to break legs and can you imagine the amount of complaints if the AI injured a player the user had bought for £40 million there would be hundreds of posts complaining.

On a side note I dont think Taylor tried to break the opponants leg at all he isnt a violent player is he?

Arsenal have had a few players sent off for two footed tackles so for Arsenal to accuse Taylor of doing it on purpose is pretty hypocritical. As Wenger has overseen at least 70 red cards in his reign according to this article http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A34001524

So you're going to trust a manager, who could be. trying to get the blame off his player for potentially ending a career? He could have just been trying to get people to feel sorry for Taylor, rather than saying he should be banned.

And I'd appriciate not being told to stay quiet before I know the 'facts', as no-one can prove that the comments are true. Or were the calls recorded? If so, then I'll re-consider my views.

The answer to that is, I don't know if the quotes were recorded they might not have but the could easily have been. But the mainthing is, is that it was a bad tackle but it was only a bad tackle because he was late. I've seen worse tackles than Taylors and the player has not been given anything. 2 footed lunges are worse than Taylors tackle but they hardly get a red card but if the had seriously injured the player they would be sent off before the player could say sorry. Look at Guthrie's tackle on Fagan, Well it wasn't really a tackle it was just an assault and he doesn't get any further bans? If I was head of FA Danny Guthrie wouldn't play again this season just like what I'd do to Joey Barton. Infact If I was Lord Triesman Joey Barton would never play football in England ever again. Mindless thug. A bit like the person who started this thread.

I cant be bothered to argue over the internet, so I'll just say OK. You have your views, I have mine. I can clearly see that neither of our views are going to change, so lets just agree to disagree.

Yes and people cannot blast over peoples opinions. Arsenal are playing well at the moment aswell aren't they.

WTF? ..... I'm astounded at how you view football, breaking legs, necks, opposition defined as 'enemies' ........ what is wrong with you?.......... really?

Archived