Aaron Spear

trueblue

spear.jpg

Havent seen any threads on this guy, and as he has been a regular goal scorer for me later on in the game (Season 7), thought I would give him a thread. I paid around 4mil i think for him direct from his real life club of Newcastle, however that was a few seasons in, and as you can see now in my 7th he still only 22 ,,,so he could well be a real snip early on before he develops.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has tried him,, he signed for Newcastle youth team a year ago from plymouth Argyle , and was dubbed as a new wayne roony, (another one) ,, So as the toon no that flush presently we might even see him make an appearance in a season or so in real life,, who knows.

In game he scores regular for my gers,, i have used him mainly as a poacher and as an advanced forward ,, tho he has pretty much got goals in all forward roles,, you can see from his stats first team and the reserve ones that he is fairly prolific

I've been tempted to use him on occasion however I've never seen him turn out very well under AI. In that shot he looks quite good. Looks to be a strong and difficult to handle striker, like a Scottish Drogba I suppose. Mentally though he looks quite average. Perhpas if you get him early enough they can develop better.

Might give him a crack in my next save game. He's a

-9, isn't he?

Maybe it's just me, but I prefer to do individual training schedules for each player, simply because so many have different stats. There are fast defenders, strong defenders, passing defenders and weaker/slower defenders, each one will need different training schedules to train to their weaknesses. I often find with other people's training schedules they go from one extreme to another and there is little out there that provides training to make 'complete' players.

• 1 month later...
If you retrain Alan Smith as striker (which shouldn't take long), he would be a good choice.
sadly this dont seam all that good anymore with smith now siting on the "stay back at all time" ppm

will be intresting to see what i can get out of this kid on the new patch, i bet the first task would be to find a fitting mentor, a striker with good mental stats, break offside trap....and no pointless ppm's.....

Wow, he can become a top-class striker, certainly has done in some games on here.

Still at Newcastle (who I have just taken over) in my game in 2016 and scored some important goals in keeping us up at the end of last season. Never really considered him first choice. Might give him a shot now though.

• 4 months later...
When did you introduce him into the first team? I'm currently starting season 3 with Newcastle and I'm wondering whether to loan him out or have him as back up.

if you are to stand any chanse in evolving this guy you need to keep him on rotation in your first team, otherwise he wont get the match expriance and mentoring needed to evolve (he needs alot work to be half decent...even if the potential surly is there)

What training did you have him on there Sam?

My own training schedules, featuring high physical training, high tactics training, high ball control training and low defending training (as strikers really don't need any of the defensive attributes imo). Of course the key to his development is first team football though; and the fact that he must be just about at the top of his variable PA. Also, Newcastle now have nearly all the best coaches on the game and maximum training facilities.

Surprised he hasn't scored more goals with such high finishing and composure. To think he still has a couple of years to improve is scary. Well done!

ha, he has a very successful season in 2015/2016. Screenies below

When did you introduce him into the first team? I'm currently starting season 3 with Newcastle and I'm wondering whether to loan him out or have him as back up.

I tried to introduce him first season, but I just couldn't as I'd already completely changed my Newcastle squad with weaker but younger players. I had to focus on their development and getting promoted as a priority. 1st season in the PL I didn't play him at all, due to trying to survive with my very inexperienced squad. 3rd season however, he got some games, bagging 6 goals in 11(11) appearances. Not great, I know, but his attributes were still very low. 4th season he got less games but more goals, and he was starting to improve more with the training I had him on and with the coaches I was brining in. In the 2014-2015 season he properly broke into the first team though. In 2015-16 he'd nearly reached his full potential and was bagging the goals for fun, finishing top scorer in the premier league.

Here he is a season later than the earlier screenshot I posted:

aaronspear.png

and here's his history:

aaronspearhistory.png

I'm especially proud of his shots on target stats for both seasons

It wasn't that much effort I suppose. I wanted him to play for England (whom I'm manager of in the game) too, so there was plenty of motivation :D

I probably could've given him more game time in the championship, but I find players don't progress very well in that league at all unless they are performing really well.

Advice would be just to give him 10-15 games a season until he becomes decent. Then stick him in the first team as a poacher and watch him improve :thup:

I think it's a little late for me anyway, I'm in the 2013/2014 season with Leverkusen so I can only imagine newcastle have ruined him.

Also just looked at his PA and it's a decent

He hasn't even got great ambition or professionalism so I can't be asked to develop him

I've started a new game with Newcastle, and one of my aims is to get our youngsters developed to the best of my ability. Spear and Vuckic are probably the best of the lot, will post some screenshots of Spear as he progresses.

• 1 month later...

I got this guy for 250k then sold him later at 25million to udinese over a contract dispute. He was scoring lots of goals for me and is a great prospect. The fans were up in arms against me but i figured, better to lose him for 25million in 2021 then for free. Right now, ritchie rutter is doing a great job for me.

I like him as he's currently training under Andres Iniesta and Xavi. He can really be a star if you give him a lot of training and support. He is currently getting ready to go on loan for $8 million at ManUtd. If he improves will first team time, I think he'll sell for a quarter or more.

Shouldn't cost much at all, even though he is a decent prospect, Newcastle are abundant with strikers. Barcelona or Real Madrid are usually interested from the start of the game. Haris Vuckic attracts a bit of interest from a couple of big clubs, too.

Archived