Danny Welbeck - ST - Man United;

-9 PA

Nathan Delfouneso - ST - Aston Villa;

-9 PA

Aaron Spear - ST - Newcastle;

-9 PA

Wow , thanks a lot Tyoldinho .

Anyone knows how good Rodwell gets ?

Turns out decent, starter for a Tottenham/Everton/Aston Villa type teams.

Wouldn't look to buy him for United or Chelsea though (but possibly for the homegrown rules;))

Very English name :thup:

Hang on... Belgium?

Ha :p

Took the words right out of my mouth!

Kyle Walker also has the potential to be a good Premier league right back, which puts you in a good position if you are managing Spurs, Corluka, Naughton and Walker :p.

John Bostock as mentioned is good, Lennon is good (though 22 so not that young), Delfuenso?

Slightly older: Tom Huddlestone, Jamie O'hara, Lee Cattermole, James Tomkins

Michael Woods, Aaron Ramsey, Jack Rodwell, Jordan Henderson, Nathan Delfouneso, Aaron Spear, Kyle Naughton

Whats that little welsh fella doing in there ;)

english players are rubbish.

*sigh*

Constructive.

Pepper :cool: having him tutored by Gerrard from the start of season 1 and a decent training schedule on his report it now says he has the potential to be a leading prem AMC :D

Halfway through season 1 i started giving him a few games here and there and he didnt do to bad getting a few goals he's got a powerful shot on him

This is great. Thanks, Tyoldinho for that list. I'll be buying the majority of them in the summer. I don't need them at present, but if I can build a team of English youngsters and have them turn into International greats and the majority of my team is English, that'd be excellent. Highly unlikely I will get that far... But, yeah...

Oh, and Tyoldinho, how could you forget Alex Nimely-Tchuimeni? He has the same spoiler as everybody in Tyoldinho's post. He's at Manchester City. 18 years old. English(of course). His name might not suggest it, but he is(wikipedia says he is English-Liberian). He doesn't have great stats, but his PA suggests he can turn into something special. I'd definitely recommend him for Relegation candidates/Championship hopefuls. He could prove to be very valuable, I think.

This is great. Thanks, Tyoldinho for that list. I'll be buying the majority of them in the summer. I don't need them at present, but if I can build a team of English youngsters and have them turn into International greats and the majority of my team is English, that'd be excellent. Highly unlikely I will get that far... But, yeah...

Oh, and Tyoldinho, how could you forget Alex Nimely-Tchuimeni? He has the same spoiler as everybody in Tyoldinho's post. He's at Manchester City. 18 years old. English(of course). His name might not suggest it, but he is(wikipedia says he is English-Liberian). He doesn't have great stats, but his PA suggests he can turn into something special. I'd definitely recommend him for Relegation candidates/Championship hopefuls. He could prove to be very valuable, I think.

JDownie: As you can see in the Man City thread ;) I bought Wilshere, Mattock and Delph! Great English prospects.

And the reason I didn't include Nimely-Tchuimeni is because his starting CA is terrible. I wouldn't have the patience to develop him, I released him from Man City. Everyone in my opening post is good enough to start for low Prem teams :thup: Except him!

Adam Sutton can I take a wild guess and say you're an Arsenal fan and thats why you think english youngsters are rubbish because you have HARDLY any exposure to them!!

ok so his comment was dumb, but you have just trumped his stupidity by assuming he was as arsenal fan. You're really showing your ignorance/bias here in spouting this old tripe about Arsenal. Obviously you have not been paying much attention to the Arsenal youth sides that have been smashing everyone in their path, and containing some of the most talented and promising english players of their generation. So just in case you missed it, Arsenal have built what is widely regarded (including by capello) to be the best youth academy in the UK (and probably among the best in Europe) and in Wilshere, Gibbs, Afobe, Aneke, Watt etc etc the most highly rated young players in the country. They won the youth double last year with a team dominated by english players.

Arsenal have obviously chosen a path to focus on developing their own players rather than constantly buy overated and expensive english/UK players (ie liverpool, spuds etc) from other clubs. Also Wenger's purchases of walcott and ramsey (i know he's welsh...so don't bother mate) show that he is prepared to buy promising British players when they are special enough. The 'youth policy' has taken a few years to bear fruit, but is certainly starting to now. The plain fact is that we are developing a large number of quality english players (and players of any other nationality too), and if they are good enough, then they will break into the first team. Of the english players we have sold (ie Muamba, Sidwell, Upson, Bentley etc) none were deemed good enough to establish themselves in the first team, and none have yet proved this wrong by establishing themselves in another top 4 side. A$hley Cole is the only exception to this, and he wanted to go for well established reasons.

Now I don't normally bother to respond to such ridiculous posts, but yours has really annoyed me. Get your facts right mate, and keep your ignorant, biased, cliched tripe to yourself.

Adam Sutton can I take a wild guess and say you're an Arsenal fan and thats why you think english youngsters are rubbish because you have HARDLY any exposure to them!!

Afobe, Aneke, Gibbs, Wilshere, Bartley, Watt, Emanuel-Thomas, Ansah, the insanely talented U16 team, and we also got Craig Eastmond who will be on the bench for Wolves. All Arsenal dumb dumb.

ok so his comment was dumb, but you have just trumped his stupidity by assuming he was as arsenal fan. You're really showing your ignorance/bias here in spouting this old tripe about Arsenal. Obviously you have not been paying much attention to the Arsenal youth sides that have been smashing everyone in their path, and containing some of the most talented and promising english players of their generation. So just in case you missed it, Arsenal have built what is widely regarded (including by capello) to be the best youth academy in the UK (and probably among the best in Europe) and in Wilshere, Gibbs, Afobe, Aneke, Watt etc etc the most highly rated young players in the country. They won the youth double last year with a team dominated by english players.

Arsenal have obviously chosen a path to focus on developing their own players rather than constantly buy overated and expensive english/UK players (ie liverpool, spuds etc) from other clubs. Also Wenger's purchases of walcott and ramsey (i know he's welsh...so don't bother mate) show that he is prepared to buy promising British players when they are special enough. The 'youth policy' has taken a few years to bear fruit, but is certainly starting to now. The plain fact is that we are developing a large number of quality english players (and players of any other nationality too), and if they are good enough, then they will break into the first team. Of the english players we have sold (ie Muamba, Sidwell, Upson, Bentley etc) none were deemed good enough to establish themselves in the first team, and none have yet proved this wrong by establishing themselves in another top 4 side. A$hley Cole is the only exception to this, and he wanted to go for well established reasons.

Now I don't normally bother to respond to such ridiculous posts, but yours has really annoyed me. Get your facts right mate, and keep your ignorant, biased, cliched tripe to yourself.

I agree totally with you. Lot of people dont know that Arsenal have lots of promising English youngsters who have established themselves as the best among the players of their age in the country. I dont live in England but I do follow Arsenal very closely, and these names are not unheard to me.I'm pretty sure that Arsenal will be one of the teams that have most quality English players in their squad in few years time.

It is stupid to talk like that without any basis.

• 3 weeks later...

Doesn't seem like anyone has mentioned Jack Cork. In my experience he's excellent - great passing, tackling, and technique, and great mental stats - he can do a lot for a team. I brought him in season 4 for Sunderland - great as a deep-lying playmaker, and he does a very credible job at right-back too. Haven't had him long but I'm impressed.

Also, Delfouneso is an absolute monster. In the same game he led the EPL in goals season 3 and he's getting almost 2 a game into November in season 4.

I've had success developing Irwin and Spearing for the first team. Thomas Ince and Andre Wisdom were also improving when my game crashed and were starting to feature for the first team. I wouldn't say they were amazing enough to buy if you're utd or arsenal, but if you're a championship team then they are definitely worth a look and if you manage 'pool don't discount them as it's useful to keep a few HG players as your back-up.

i second the love for ashley hemmings and nathaniel mendez-laing ..

neither have great potential but both are coming along really nicely for me at wolves... even in my first season both are getting games and playing well...

bit like pepper... not the highest PA but it goes to show that if you work hard enough with the youngsters in your team you can make them into top players

• 2 weeks later...

Come back when they have achieved something in the professional game...

You can win all the youth tournaments you want mate, until you can give to the game a batch of players the standard of players like Joe Cole, Michael Carrick, Frank Lampard, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Anton Ferdinand, Jack Collison, Mark Noble, Bobby Zamora, Paul Konchesky, Liam Ridgewell, Keiran Richardson and, if you're claiming Upson, Jimmy Bullard and Jermaine Defoe too I don't think many will regard Arsenal as particular experts in terms of genuinely producing local players. I remember at the end of the 07/08 season (IIRC) I had a look at all the domestic c up finals and guess whose academy provided the most players? West Ham's. Not to mention we had a handful of players in the CL final. That's what you should judge youth development on, how many players go on to play at a high level rather than how many leagues and cups they win as a kid.

Come back when they have achieved something in the professional game...

You can win all the youth tournaments you want mate, until you can give to the game a batch of players the standard of players like Joe Cole, Michael Carrick, Frank Lampard, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Anton Ferdinand, Jack Collison, Mark Noble, Bobby Zamora, Paul Konchesky, Liam Ridgewell, Keiran Richardson and, if you're claiming Upson, Jimmy Bullard and Jermaine Defoe too I don't think many will regard Arsenal as particular experts in terms of genuinely producing local players. I remember at the end of the 07/08 season (IIRC) I had a look at all the domestic c up finals and guess whose academy provided the most players? West Ham's. Not to mention we had a handful of players in the CL final. That's what you should judge youth development on, how many players go on to play at a high level rather than how many leagues and cups they win as a kid.

I was going right along with your response there until you mentioned Bobby Zamora, that cannot be looked on as an achievement.

The rest, definitely, West Ham have led the way in producing gifted footballers (and Zamora) for many years, but have had to sell them on for financial reasons. They'd have some side if they kept them together.

All currently playing for me on my LIverpool save.

Aaron Lennon (AM R, does he still count at 23? The best young English winger on FM)

Jordan Rhodes (ST, recomended for anyone outside of top 6), I've currently got him for Liverpool, and whilst he's cutting the mustard, he ain't gona get a spot past Aguero / Torres

Joe Mattock (LB, potential best English LB on the game?)

Nathan Delfouneso (ST, awesome, very similar to Torres)

Jack Wilshere (AM LRC, the English Messi!)

Joe Hart (GK, my fav. English keeper on the game)

Steve Irwin (Utility, great little player, hopefully can get him into the first team squad at somepoint soon, another i'd recomend heavily to a Championship side)

Jonjo Shelvey (AM, hopefully my long-term replacement for Stevie G... Nuff said)

James Tomkins (CD, hopefully my long-term replacement for Jamie C...Again, nuff said)

Andre Wisdom, Adam Pepper, Aaron Spear all are progressing nicely too!

• 2 months later...

Me and my friend have set ourselves the challenge of creating two entirely english teams.

One of us is going to be villa the other spurs (coin flip yet to happen) and the challenge is to be competative in the league/cups just like a normal league but do it with an entirely english starting XI.

I've done a few leagues now but have had the problem of the only surprising new faces that show up in the english team coming from my teams.

So the question is, have any of you ever bought a young english player who has turned into a star for you.

Obviously players from Villa and Spurs aren't needed and here are a list of the players i've brought through so we don't get to many duplicates.

Joe Mattock

Jack Rodwell

Jack Cork

Jack Wilshere

Jordan Spence

David Wheater

Henri Lansbury

Phil Jagielka.

Cheers

Archived