FM10 Official Rate and/or Improve My Team Thread

arsenal_2111

If you were around for Football Manager 2009, you may remember that there were two threads for this purpose. There was one thread for rating teams, and another for improving them.

However, for Football Manager 2010, these are joined together in one thread.

The point of this thread is for people to post up their squad in the thread, and hopefully people will reply and tell you what they think of your team, and how you could improve it.

You could either type out your whole squad, or post a screenshot by following the instructions below.

1. Ensure that any version of Football Manager is open

2. Go to the screen you want to show

3. Press 'Prt Sc', normally next to or near F12 on your keyboard

4. Open Paint, or a similar program

5. Paste the image by either pressing 'Ctrl + V' or going to edit, then paste.

6. Save the file as a JPEG

7. Upload the image to an image hosting site, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack

8. Post the Direct URL onto this site

or

1. Ensure that any version of Football Manager after Football Manager 2008 is open

2. Go to the screen you want to show

3. Press Alt+F9

4. A screenshot of what you want will be saved in My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager __\Screenshots

5. Upload the image to an image hosting site, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack

6. Post the Direct URL onto this site

Both of the above are for both normal Windows and Window Vista

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you were around for Football Manager 2009, you may remember that there were two threads for this purpose. There was one thread for rating teams, and another for improving them.

However, for Football Manager 2010, these are joined together in one thread.

The point of this thread is for people to post up their squad in the thread, and hopefully people will reply and tell you what they think of your team, and how you could improve it.

You could either type out your whole squad, or post a screenshot by following the instructions below.

first off my aim on the demo at least and it will be the same on the full game is that i will sign free agents and loans only, so heres who i signed i am fully aware some of them are garbage i just needed sqaud depth

Transfer In/Transfer Out Screen

fm2010transferinoutscre.th.jpg

Newcastle United Squad

fm2010newcastleunitedsq.th.jpg

fm2010newcastleunitedsq.th.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Birmingham FC Season 1.

Current Team:

season1team.jpg

August Transfers:

season1transfers.jpg

I am personally happy with the players I've bought in, but have yet to see how they play in the EPL, haven't played 1st game yet, but during pre-season Matty Fryatt has scored 9 in 7 and has got 2 assists. Zaki has 6 in 4 with 1 assist, hopefully those two can provide me the goals in the EPL games, and if not I've got Vieri for one of my back ups :)

Sunderland (season2)

Just taken over the hot-seat after getting sacked at Man City (went on holiday and went from 1st to 5th)

Anyway inherited a team of unfit plodders (it seems). The team has poor passing and first touch skills, but it also seems to have a lot of saleable assets.

Anyway i was surprised at the quality of players on the transfer list after season 1. I snapped up the following....

Joe Hart - £1.9m

Nicolas Burdisso - free

Otamendi - £4m

Salvio - £4m

Christian Poulsen (loan)

Ever Banega - £4m

Keita (barca) - £4.5m

Michael Owen - £2m

Carlton Cole - £3.3m

Pernia - free

Deco - free

Zabaleta - £5.8m

So my team lines up like this (i think - not decided yet)

GK : HART

RB : ZABALETA

LB : PERNIA/BELHADJ (was already there)

CB : TURNER

CB : OTAMENDI/BURDISSO

DM : POULSEN

CM : BANEGA

CM : KEITA

AM : DECO

ST : OWEN

ST : BENT

I'm looking for a top 8 finish. I've got no money left but i'm trying to find buyers for the likes of Kenwyn Jones, Anton Ferdinand, Andy Reid, Kieron Richardson etc...

I'm Empoli in my second season.

Team:

GK Marco Storari

DR Felice Piccolo

DL Antunes

DC Solivi Ottesen

DC Matteo Darmian

MR Francesco Lodi

ML Johan Absalonen

MC Andreas Ramberg (newgen)

MC Rene Krhin

ST Adam Szalai

ST Eder

I'm mainly looking for improvements to the squad (but not the usual players)

This is my Celtic team just after finishing the second season, we ended up losing the league by one point in the first season and 3 points in the second, even managing to lose out on second place to Dundee United. I reckon I at the very least need a good centre back but not sure where else to look to strengthen, any ratings and/or advice is much appreciated. Cheers.:thup:

@slakey: I am biased but fwiw, I'd look to get rid of Ferguson and bring in a better CM and it looks like you could be doing with a CB, you might want to have a look at Ze Castro, he's been a rock at the centre of my defence since I got him. Also You could be doing with a younger replacement for Hamann, for that position you might want to try and get someone like Hernanes although in my game he's just moved clubs for over 14 million so he might cost a lot.

Celtic.png

no comments ?

Fwiw, if I were you I'd look to bring in a younger replacement for Van Der Sar like Asenjo or LLoris if you have enough cash and I'd sell Owen (if you can find a buyer) and look to replace him with a quality young striker like Laurito or Pato.

FC Zurich Season 2

---------------------------D.Benaglio-------------------------------

S.Lichtsteiner-------S.Campbell-----Barmettler-------------A.Rochat

A.Nikci------- ------Aissati----------H.Yakin----------------Kily Gonzales

--------------------Ronaldo-----------E.Tahirovic------------------

current position: 1st, 2 pts ahead of Basel ( biggest Rival ) and is in summer transfer

-------

What i want to improve:

LB - A.Rochat is excellent so far, Work Rate and Team Work is 18, which is very good for a Full Back, but with his back up being all from my Zurich U21 team, i need a decent one, and with the budget given, cant find much

MR - Nikci is a good prospect, still 19 YO, and have a decent stats, playing well, but i just qualified for UCL Group Stage, need some veterans

DM - H,Yakin is 33 now, wont hold much longer, good Deep Playmaker for the team, but i need another one that is younger

the rest of the position are covered well with my U21 Team which is all quite a prospect

oh and my Budget in 2nd season is 3.2M

im currently offering for Carlos, but dont think he wants to play here..

jasonboyacmilan my advice would be to sell Ronaldinho while you can still get good money for him, I have him at Celtic and at 0nly 32 my coaches don't rate him as good enough for my first team, only 2 stars.

I think you also need a new first choice GK as Dida isn't Milan quality, I'd try and get either LLoris, Mandanda, Akinfeev or Ochoa.

Fwiw, if I were you I'd look to bring in a younger replacement for Van Der Sar like Asenjo or LLoris if you have enough cash and I'd sell Owen (if you can find a buyer) and look to replace him with a quality young striker like Laurito or Pato.

around 50m, so i must spend wisely. by the way whats fwiw ?

Ipswich, season two, now in Premiership:

GK: Andrew Lonergan, Keiren Westwood, Brian Murphy, Scott Muggleton(I'm still playing my demo save)

DL: Damien Delaney, Tommy Spurr, Pim Balkestein, Jeremy Helan

DR: Lauren, Liam Rosenior, Gareth McAuley

DC: David Wheater, Craig Cathcart, Nicolas Otamendi, Pim Balkestein, Alex Bruce, Glauber, Marc Muniesa

MC: Ross Jenkins, Darron Gibson, Grant Leadbitter, William Kvist, Owen Garvan, Liam Trotter, Aron Gunnarson, Michael Woods

MR: Andy van der Meide, Nacer Barazite, Carlos Edwards, Chris Brunt

ML: Nacer Barazite, Chris Brunt, Andy van der Meide, Lee Martin

ST: Ebi Smolarek, Iker Muniain, Mark Viduka, Jonathan Cristaldo, Tamas Priskin, Jon Stead, Ettore Mendicino

jasonboyacmilan my advice would be to sell Ronaldinho while you can still get good money for him, I have him at Celtic and at 0nly 32 my coaches don't rate him as good enough for my first team, only 2 stars.

I think you also need a new first choice GK as Dida isn't Milan quality, I'd try and get either LLoris, Mandanda, Akinfeev or Ochoa.

Ronaldinho cannot be sold, he is on insane wages, and no team is willing to pay them, so I probably have to wait until his contract is out or for an offer. Dida has been performing very well for me, next season I'll buy another backup keeper, as Fiorillo will be 1st choice keeper from next season and on.

FC Zurich Season 2

---------------------------D.Benaglio-------------------------------

S.Lichtsteiner-------S.Campbell-----Barmettler-------------A.Rochat

A.Nikci------- ------Aissati----------H.Yakin----------------Kily Gonzales

--------------------Ronaldo-----------E.Tahirovic------------------

current position: 1st, 2 pts ahead of Basel ( biggest Rival ) and is in summer transfer

-------

What i want to improve:

LB - A.Rochat is excellent so far, Work Rate and Team Work is 18, which is very good for a Full Back, but with his back up being all from my Zurich U21 team, i need a decent one, and with the budget given, cant find much

MR - Nikci is a good prospect, still 19 YO, and have a decent stats, playing well, but i just qualified for UCL Group Stage, need some veterans

DM - H,Yakin is 33 now, wont hold much longer, good Deep Playmaker for the team, but i need another one that is younger

the rest of the position are covered well with my U21 Team which is all quite a prospect

oh and my Budget in 2nd season is 3.2M

im currently offering for Carlos, but dont think he wants to play here..

anyone? i have a couple in my list, but who knows you guys scouted a better player

Newcastle Squad

Just been promoted and 2 games into premiership season.

GK Hart/Krul

DL Enrique/Drenthe

DR R.Taylor

CB Collocini/S.Taylor/Radoi/kadar

ML Jonas/Drenthe

MR Tosic/R.Taylor

DM Matuidi

CM Barton/Nolan/Smith/Guthrie

AM Deco/Vuckic

ST Cabanas/Zaki/Gignac/Ranger

Started well won first 2 games of season. Aiming for top half finish.

Improvements and suggestions welcomed. :)

Canal

I'd say Drop Zárate from your forward line, and play Dzeko up top as a target man, with Aguero behind him and Ribery and Gourcuff on the wings.

But your call, thats nit picking, I just really like Dzeko.

Great team though by the way. :thup:

OLLMEISTER1

Team looks good, nice to see Matuidi and Gignac, fantastic players.

Perhaps try and improve your defence a bit. Full backs could be better, as well as one more quality left footed centre back to play along side either Radoi or Taylor. I don't rate Coloccini at all. Some one like Bassong maybe? Bring him back to Newcastle. ;)

DaveDaveDave

Strong team again, but maybe look to strengthen central defence. Carragher is getting old, and Westerman is more of a utility player for me, so someone world class like Sakho, Zapata or Cheillini would be a great signing.

Some good signings though, Vargas is great on the left and Beevers, Mattock and N'Koulou should be great for the future.

I'd try and offload some players though if you can, the squad seems massive. i.e either Drenthe or Kranjcar, Fabio Aurelio as you have Insua and Mattock, Benayoun as you have way too many AMCs.

Good squad though, just needs cutting down and a touch of class here and there :thup:

Los Merengues

How did you get Benaglio!? :eek:

Great signing mate, he's a very good keeper.

Lichtensteiner is also very good at right back. Not sure of Potential targets, just because I'm not sure who you can attract, but I definitely agree with you strengthening ideas.

Takin is too old so try and bring some one else younger in. Milan Badelj out of your reach? probably cost too much anyway.

What about Gygax, Ragazzoni or Kutuzov for some experience on the right wing? They all look decent.

How is Ronaldo doing for you? If he's losing his legs a little have a look at Ahmed Khalil, he would rip the swiss league apart,he's very strong and fast, and has great potential.

Sorry, I think it's just quite hard advising in a league you have no idea about.

Looks like you've built a very solid team though.

Ipswich, season two, now in Premiership:

GK: Andrew Lonergan, Keiren Westwood, Brian Murphy, Scott Muggleton(I'm still playing my demo save)

DL: Damien Delaney, Tommy Spurr, Pim Balkestein, Jeremy Helan

DR: Lauren, Liam Rosenior, Gareth McAuley

DC: David Wheater, Craig Cathcart, Nicolas Otamendi, Pim Balkestein, Alex Bruce, Glauber, Marc Muniesa

MC: Ross Jenkins, Darron Gibson, Grant Leadbitter, William Kvist, Owen Garvan, Liam Trotter, Aron Gunnarson, Michael Woods

MR: Andy van der Meide, Nacer Barazite, Carlos Edwards, Chris Brunt

ML: Nacer Barazite, Chris Brunt, Andy van der Meide, Lee Martin

ST: Ebi Smolarek, Iker Muniain, Mark Viduka, Jonathan Cristaldo, Tamas Priskin, Jon Stead, Ettore Mendicino

Please help me. :( My aim is just to stay clear of relegation.

Mate your team looks very good for relegation candidates.

You have some really good, solid premiership players in you team, and I actually can't see much weakness.

I'd line up like this:

GK- Lonergan

LB- Spurr

RB- Rosenior

CB- Wheater

CB- Otamendi/ Cathcart

LM- Brunt :cool:/ Martin

RM- Barazite

CM- Gibson/ Gunnarson

CM- Garvan/ Leadbitter

ST- Smolarek/ Munian

ST- Crisaldo/ Priskin

After slash, would be back up or rotation. Before the slash is first choice if available.

Maybe improve on your Goalkeeper, full backs and you wing cover if you can, but honestly mate, that team should stear clear of relegation :thup:

I'm in 2013 now so thought I'd put up how my squad is looking since I've been quite busy in the transfer market..any suggestions or ratings would be great thanks.:thup:

GK.  Valhena (Regen)
RB.  Peter Masilela
LB.  Royston Drenthe
CB.  Sokrotis Papastathopoulos
CB.  Michael Jakobson
DM.  Stephane Mbia
CM.  Aiden McGeady
CM.  Bastian Schweinsteiger
AMR. Esteban Granero
AML. Ryan Babel
ST.  Jo

Edit...I just signed Carlos Vela who's in the first team ahead of McGeady.

Edit II...resigned from Celtic and now managing Bayern.

October 2nd Season carried on from quick start on demo (Small database, only England loaded)

GKs: G.Ochoa (£7m), J.Dudek (Free), M.Duke

DRs: J.Belletti (£675k), B.Mendy

DLs: M.Pernia (Free), A.Dawson

DCs: K.Zayatte, A.Gardner, J.Tomkins (Loan - £550k fee), P.McShane

DMCs: H.Mullins (£1.2m), G.Boateng, I.Ashbee

MRs: Geovanni

MLs: S.Hunt, K.Kilbane

MCs: K.Thomson (£1.5m - Club Captain), J.Bullard, S.Olifinjana, D.Marney

FCs: M.Owen (£1.8m), JVOH, D.Cousin, K.Ghilas (Covers MR)

Extra's = N.Barmby (no squad no.), R.De Laet (Out on loan), J.Altidore (joining next summer, £3.6m, didnt want to overload the strikers only playing 1 up top), Joining in Jan is some Danish regen D/WB R who looks promising, but he'll go out on loan when I get him.

Targets IMO - A replacement for Mullins who is 1st choice DMC, alternatively, I'd also move Thomson back there and sign a new CM/AMC if there is a good one available. A new LM wouldn't go amiss too, I don't really rate Hunt too much and Kilbane isn't brilliant back up either, been looking at Keiron Richardson. A place for Geovanni MR isn't ideal for him but I think he is too weak to play in the CM role and playing an AMC makes me lose control of games so possibly thinking of moving him to AMR and leaving Hunt/ML in that role.

Suggestions welcome

I am in my second seasion and on course to win back to back titles. Am thinking of letting Arshavin and Rosiky go as they are in their 30s now but not sure if I should sign a new player or replace them with ramsey, Whilshire and dudu,,,any advice wel come

http://s868.photobucket.com/albums/ab245/dily79/?action=view&current=arsenal.jpg

http://s868.photobucket.com/albums/ab245/dily79/?action=view&current=ramsey.jpg

http://s868.photobucket.com/albums/ab245/dily79/?action=view&current=jack.jpg

http://s868.photobucket.com/albums/ab245/dily79/?action=view&current=dudu.jpg

October 2nd Season carried on from quick start on demo (Small database, only England loaded)

GKs: G.Ochoa (£7m), J.Dudek (Free), M.Duke

DRs: J.Belletti (£675k), B.Mendy

DLs: M.Pernia (Free), A.Dawson

DCs: K.Zayatte, A.Gardner, J.Tomkins (Loan - £550k fee), P.McShane

DMCs: H.Mullins (£1.2m), G.Boateng, I.Ashbee

MRs: Geovanni

MLs: S.Hunt, K.Kilbane

MCs: K.Thomson (£1.5m - Club Captain), J.Bullard, S.Olifinjana, D.Marney

FCs: M.Owen (£1.8m), JVOH, D.Cousin, K.Ghilas (Covers MR)

Extra's = N.Barmby (no squad no.), R.De Laet (Out on loan), J.Altidore (joining next summer, £3.6m, didnt want to overload the strikers only playing 1 up top), Joining in Jan is some Danish regen D/WB R who looks promising, but he'll go out on loan when I get him.

Targets IMO - A replacement for Mullins who is 1st choice DMC, alternatively, I'd also move Thomson back there and sign a new CM/AMC if there is a good one available. A new LM wouldn't go amiss too, I don't really rate Hunt too much and Kilbane isn't brilliant back up either, been looking at Keiron Richardson. A place for Geovanni MR isn't ideal for him but I think he is too weak to play in the CM role and playing an AMC makes me lose control of games so possibly thinking of moving him to AMR and leaving Hunt/ML in that role.

Suggestions welcome

Try Deco for MC, Aron Gunnarson for DMC, Barazite for MR, Kris Commons/Chris Brunt for ML.

Hi guys :D

With Ipswich, small database with Scotland, England, Spain, Portugal, Italy, France and Germany loaded. 3rd season.

First season - promoted. Second i only just stayed in the prem by 1 point! was rock bottom at christmas with two points, and i stayed up :).

Want to improve this year tho. Only made 3 signings - Rosciky, Dembele, Akale. But i have £20M budget with £7M balance.

(first choice in capitals)

GKs - V.ENYEAMA, B.Murphy, R.Wright

RBs - L.ROSENIOR, L.Doyley

LBs - M.BALENZIAGA, L.Civelli

CBs - K.ZAYATTE, C.DAVENPORT, P.Balkestein,

MCs - G.LEDBITTER, T.ROSICKY, O.Garvan, L.Trotter

AMCs - DECO, (L.Martin, V.Weiss)

AMRs - L.LUALUA, V.Weiss, (C.Brunt)

AMLs - C.BRUNT, L.Martin, K.Akale

STs - M.DEMBELE, M.Owen, A.Voronin, E.Smolarek, T.Priskan

I've got real quality but a lot of poor players in there. Bids have been made for; Kygriakos, Grindheim, Drenthe, Riera and John O'Shea.

Comments and tips please? :)

Cheers

Currently Everton in pre-season in my third season and have a transfer budget of £27m

Current Squad (Yakubu is the only one at the bottom missing)

fm1n.jpg

Selling Distin for £2.5m and also possibly Heitinga for £11.5m.

Positions needed:

GK - Need a new 1st choice keeper and use Howard as backup (Poss. Ochoa)

RB - Will need a new 1st choice RB to replace Heitinga

CB - 1 or possibly 2 1st choice CB's

ST - Another 1st choice ST to partner Vagner Love

Also any other players that could improve the squad/replace current 1st teamers would be helpful as well.

Thanks

Barcelona 1st season, mid January 2010:

--------------------1.Valdes----------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------

---------------3.Pique---------5.Puyol------------------

----2.Alves-------------------------------19.Maxwell--

----------------------4.De Rossi-------------------------

----------------6.Xavi------------8.Iniesta--------------

-----------------------------------------------------------

---10.Messi--------------------------------20.Giovinco--

------------------------9.Zlatan-------------------------

plus 13.Pinto 23.Beck 22.Abidal 21.Chygry 18.Milito 24.Yaya 12.Camacho 16.Busquets 15.Keita 17.Pedro 14.Henry 11.Bojan

What do you think I should do at the end of the season? I don't wanna buy more than 3 players. I will sell all the players coming back from loan. I know for sure I need more attacking left back. In my save Chelsea are not using Zhirkov that much so....what do you think?

Just Finished my third season at Tottenham winning league, fa cup and league cup

Team

Joe Hart

Ryan Taylor

Nicolas Otamendi

Federico Fazio

Patrice Evra

Lionel Messi

Miguel Veloso

Juan Mata

Stevan Jovetic

Sergio Aguero

David Villa

Fernando Torres

Subs

Igor Akinfeev

Ezequeil Garay

Dodo

Aaron Lennon

Gennaro Gattuso

Ignacio Camacho

Sergio Aguero

Barcelona 1st season, mid January 2010:

--------------------1.Valdes----------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------

---------------3.Pique---------5.Puyol------------------

----2.Alves-------------------------------19.Maxwell--

----------------------4.De Rossi-------------------------

----------------6.Xavi------------8.Iniesta--------------

-----------------------------------------------------------

---10.Messi--------------------------------20.Giovinco--

------------------------9.Zlatan-------------------------

plus 13.Pinto 23.Beck 22.Abidal 21.Chygry 18.Milito 24.Yaya 12.Camacho 16.Busquets 15.Keita 17.Pedro 14.Henry 11.Bojan

What do you think I should do at the end of the season? I don't wanna buy more than 3 players. I will sell all the players coming back from loan. I know for sure I need more attacking left back. In my save Chelsea are not using Zhirkov that much so....what do you think?

Dodo is a wonderkid at left back helped me out immensly

Into 4th season with Sunderland, current squad is:

GKs: Craig Gordon, Marton Fulop, Ernest (Regen).

Centrebacks: Michael Turner, Gary Cahill, Anton Ferdinand (also RB), Ezequiel Garay, Johan Djourou.

Fullbacks: Rafael, Benit Assou-Ekotto, Roysten Drenthe.

Def Mid: Lee Cattermole, Sergio Busquets, Lucas, Jack Collison.

Att Mid: Angel Di Maria, Yoann Gourcuff, Nani, Andriy Arshavin, Adam Johnson.

Forwards: Kenwyne Jones, Artem Milevskiy, Iker Muniain, Luis Suarez.

Haven't settled on a formation yet. I prefer 4-4-2, which has worked for me for the past 3 seasons, but find myself playing 4-2-3-1 recently to try and get the best out of Gourcuff and Arshavin.

At Madrid - 1st Season

Lots of wheeling and dealing, play a 4-3-1-2 formation

Best Eleven

GK Asenjo (Keeper, Support)

DR Rafinha (Wingback, Attack)

DL Vargas (Wingback, Attack)

DC Jelle Van Damme (Cen. Defender, Stopper)

DC Phil Jagelika (Cen. Defender, Defend)

MCl Felipe Melo (Ball-winning, Support)

MCc Miguel Veloso (Deep-lying playmaker, Defend)

MCr Joao Moutinho (Cen Mid, Support)

AMC Aguero (Inside forward, Attack)

STl Adriano (Deep-lying forward, Support)

STr Forlan (Advanced forward, Attack)

Rest of Squad

GK None worth mentioning

DR Valera

DL Lopez, Pernia

DC Ivan Marcano, Juanito

MC Camacho, Raul Garcia

AMC Diego Butonatte, Maxi Rodriguez

ST Adrian, Reyes

Remaining transfer budget 13 mil. Although i have a 20 mil bid for Maxi Rodriguez which i have stalled at the moment.

Suggestions to improve my squad? i was thinking of selling Maxi and perhaps investing for the future in Fabio and Rafael from Man U. Not sure how much they would cost though.

A back-up keeper on the cheap would be necessary also. Although if there are any on loan, i would take that too.

Here my Newcastle squad. I only now got promoted to the Premier league and I got few questions.

11ke9zb.jpg

1. Do u think that I should buy Macheda? he is the Championship best striker with 31 goals.

2. What player should I buy? I need a strong team to the premier league.

• 2 weeks later...

Team: Blackburn in online clan game

Season: 3rd season, summer

History: 10th first season after a shaky start. 9th in 2nd season in which I could have been higher and was consistent through the whole season.

Key players: Samba, Jádson

Strength: Very good chemistry, very good relationship i got with the players, very good away record, very good record vs bigger teams, expansion to the stadium planned, very good spine in the team, tactics seem to be going well and really suits the current players.

Weakness: Emergency situation at right back. Finance situation is insecure and the board just got a new loan so I'm 18m in debt now, I could be scoring more goals, struggling against smaller teams, might have problems getting to the next level and really competing for europe league, Blackburn is still a small team, wings need improving. Will need a new captain as Ryan Nelson's role is now only a backup.

Formation: 4411/41311/451/442. Only slight tweaks between them. I play a bit deep and a bit defensive.

GK 3*. Paul Robinson (Goalkeeper-defend)/Zakari Boucher/some Austrian guy: Robinson been quite good. Decent first season and good 2nd season in particular. Does very few mistakes. He's fan fav, english and homegrown. Also, only 31 in season 3, so younger than one would except. Not the greatest though, but solid.

DR. Nobody/Brett Emerton (settings varies a lot). Had Belletti last season and Chimbonda for season 1. Belletti did good but is getting very old and contract expired. Needed replacement. Willing to pay quite a lot for one. Emphasis on defence, but still decent enough attacker. I can use Emerton at DR and I'm sure most would train him there and use him there. However I'm not concinved he's comfortable there and he doesnt suit my needs at full back. I've got my shortlist sorted out for a new right back. Ready to splash almost 10m for one. Was very interested for Schwaab, but they will not sell him. Might go for Hutton or Srna. Would really want a homegrown one, but thats not easy.

DL. 3* Gaël Givet/Martin Olsson (Fullback-defender/support/attack). I've trained Givet to be a natural full back, although obivously most comfortable at centre back. He'll probably be my captain for season 3. He's a good defender, but lacks pace, off the ball movement and technical attributes. I got Martin Olsson as backup and he's actually quite good. He's pacey and determined and solid. Was out on loan for 2nd half of last season (got a stupid loan offer from german club I couldnt reject). Will struggle to keep him happy and Givet and Olsson are not the best of friends after a tutoring gone wrong. I will be able to sell him for good money if I want. I have a feeling Olsson just isnt good enough for top half premiership football.

DC. 3.5* Chris Samba/Gaël Givet (Limited defender-Stopper). An absolute key player. Has been very good and seems to be in a situation where he's shining. Lyon's very interested (like every game) and might be a struggle to keep him, but he's just signed a big contract. Had almost 7.3 in 2nd season while doing no mistake leading to a goal which is remarkable for a player of his type. He has a PPM of running with ball through centre. Untrained quickly and playing much better. Wins almost 95% of all headers. It was just a stupid ppm to begin with for such a limited player. Fans player of the year for season 1, unsuprisingly.

DC. 3.5* David Wheater/Ryan Nelson (Central Defender-Cover). Bought in january season 1 and has really been good. Similar player as Samba but slower. Has a PPM of shooting from distance which needs untraining as well. Seems to be shining in this situation. A surprise fans player of the year for season 2, as I thought Jádson and Samba played better.

DMC/MC. 3.5* Anthony Annan/Steven N'Zonzi/finnish regen (Anchor man-Defend/Ball winning midfielder- support/defend). Anthony Annan bought for big money before season 2. Has been really good and he's quite like a monster shielding the defence. Great tackler, great athlete, very good mental attributes and just the perfect def mid. Also has a surprisingly high aerial abilites for such a short player. Seems to be a great tutor as well. N'Zonzi is a capable backup, good aerial abilities and a decent potential. However, both players are quite dirty, but Annan only gets ******** of yellow cards, while N'Zonzi gets the both colors.

ML. 2.5* Pedersen/El Hadji Diouf/Obinna/Keith Tracey (Wide midfielder-Attack). Pedersen is a good player. He's not really a winger, but he's more capable has wide midfielder or defensive winger as he's not quick or a great dribbler. However, he's completely ambidextrous. But dont except him to run down the wing like the road runner. But he's all arounder. My dead ball specialist (including long throw ins). Needs a better backup as he's aging and someone to compete with him for the spot. Could be sold for good money, now or probably never. I will consider selling him for the right money in the summer. His abilites seems to be dropping, as he's only 2.5* at ML, but 3* at his more natural pos AML.

MR. 2.5*. Brett Emerton/El Hadji Diouf/Alan Judge, Aaron Duran/Obinna (Winger/Defensive winger-attack). Emerton is a decent player. A favorite at Ewood. Great mental attributes but very average technical abilities. Is aging, but dont let that fool you, he's a great athlete (20 natural fitness) so his physical attributes will not go down much. I probably will need someone to compete with Emerton at this position as I really want to keep him because of many things. Backups are El Hadji Diouf (could not sell him and decided to stick with him), Aaron Duran (surprisingly has 3.5* for potential) who's interested Man Utd and offer of 5m will to the trick and Alan Judge who's been better than expected.

MC. 3.5*. Per Ciljan Skjelbred/Stephen Appiah (Box to box midfielder/Playmaker-support). Signed before 1st season. Skjelbred is the kind of player every manager wants. Has great mental attributes. Have had him on special training to build up his strength (starts at 6, now 9). He has weaknesses though, he's not a good shooter and not very strong. He also has a PPM of passing simple which needs untraining. Big club's lurking around him and he will be sold in the summer if an offer 11m+ comes in for him. Appiah is his backup and he's good enough, although he shoots way too much and really needs shoots from distance untrained.

AMC. 3.5* Jádson (Trequartista-support). Signed in january of season 1. Been very good. Great technical abilites, but also determined, quick and strong. Also a natural for MC and AMC. Very great in the role he has as trequartista on a free role. Scores a lot from longshots.

SC. 3.5*. Kalinic/Obinna/Briand (Poacher/Target-support/attack). 3 good strikers of which 2 are very capable poachers and one capable target man. Obinna has had big problems finishing (maybe needs a new PPM?), Briand had a good end to the season while Kalinic was the most consistent. Briand scored the most.

so, here's my wolves team , first season, only 5 league games in (ish) .. i think its pretty damn solid and should get me a top 10 if not top 6 finish.. but I wanted some feedback...

tacs.th.jpg

here's a pic of kas'kov as im sure some of you may not of seen him before... his stats have improved rapidly so far and he's on great form (touch wood)

kaskov.th.jpg

any thoughts? current form reads as

8 games played

5 won

2 draw

1 loss ..

including wins against liverpool and chelsea

feel free to ask for any screenies

Zaragoza team half way through 2nd season.

GK Kameni/Smithies

DL Drenthe

DR Belletti/Ponzio

CB Woodgate/Otamendi/N'Koulou/Muniesta

DM Matuidi

DM Capoue/N'Koulou

AML De Maria/Ander

AMR Lafita/Pennant/Kevin/Arizmendi

CM Felliani/Gabi

ST Milevsky/Santa Cruz/Kramaric

Currently top of league after 15 games of 2nd season. Lost once won 12 and drew 2.

Aiming for top 7 finish and passage into europe.

barcelona, nearing end of 1st season:

-------valdes-------

alves, pique, puyol, lahm

--------toure----------

--------xavi---------

messi----------iniesta

-----dzeko--zlatan----

xavi is a beast so far. assisting over 1 in average per game. iniesta assists about 1 per game. i have vilar, soldado, bojan, henry, camacho, sakho, chygrinsky, di maria on the bench

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my Middlesbrough team, start of season 3 2011/2012, haven't started the season yet

I have a budget of £34M and £700K in wages, can anyone tell me where to improve it?

I came 7th in the league, and this year i'm hoping for maybe 5th or 4th

middlesbrough1112.png

Hossam Ismail is a fantastic regen

thanks for the help

Archived