FM10 Official Rate and/or Improve My Team Thread

arsenal_2111

dburns I'd strengthen your centre backs, the rest of the team is exemplory. Too many players though :(

SF you could probably look at getting a better left back and using Motta at right back, as I never rated Ferronetti when I was Udinese. Also a replacement for the ageing ADN wouldn't go amiss, but that depends on how good Doyle is. Could use more squad depth as well.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive just started my Premier League campaign with a bang. My 1st game was up against Man City which I was worried about but Ive just smashed them 4-1. The reigning Championship champions show the Premier League Champions who's boss ha. Here is my squad:

Squad

The only player you cant see is Amr Zaki

Transfers

Dodo is joining on the 1st January as well

SRL your first team is quality, but I'd worry about the lack of good enough cover if players like Moussa or VdV get injured. You also seem to have a lot of average wingers, and no one stands out as first choice, particularly on the right. I'd recommend a quality right winger and a quality player that can play well in a number of positions and then offload a few lesser players.

SRL your first team is quality, but I'd worry about the lack of good enough cover if players like Moussa or VdV get injured. You also seem to have a lot of average wingers, and no one stands out as first choice, particularly on the right. I'd recommend a quality right winger and a quality player that can play well in a number of positions and then offload a few lesser players.

Cheers dude.

I am trying to cash in on Barry Ferguson, as I know that once this season underway his value will shoot down with him being 33 & not playing often.

I think Im pretty happy with my left hand side. Rodriguez puts in some pretty good shifts and Johnson was fantastic in the Championship which is why I made his loan perminant. I do agree with the right hand side though. Its average. Obertan justified me paying £8m for him with 2 goals on his debut at home to Man city, but Lallana & O'Shea are only ok. Ive sent Rickie Lambert & Jason Puncheon out on loan as no one would pay the fee I wanted so thats cash I could have done with. I think my aim now is to try and balance the books a little bit each season. I have a high monthly loss with all the clauses I have & think from now on whatever I spend is based on who I sell. Cheers for the advice though mate.

I want to cry, because I've lost my game with Birmingham; season 3 my squad looked like this:

---------------------------------------ochoa------------------------------------

diego renan------omer toprak-------otamendi-------danny wilson

--------------------------------------sandro------------------------------------

buonanotte---------------------gourcuff--------------------------hazard

--------------------------------------aguero-----------------------------------

with a lot of talents on the bench...

I also got a stadium + training + youth facility expansion

AAAAAAAAAAArrrrrggghhhhhhhh

Half way through season 3 [10.3] @ Spurs and have pretty much managed to put together my best ever FM squad. What u reckon?

(4-1-2-3)

Gomes, Smithies, Areola

Criscito, D Luiz, Subotnic, Azpilcueta, Ansaldi, Bale, King, Otemendi, Naughton, D Wilson

Sissoko, Rodwell, Palacious, Huddlestone, D Crisiteg

Gourcuff, Angel Di Maria, E Hazard, Baledji, Varratti

Cardoza, Dzeko, Balotelli, Defoe, Lakuka, Tafer, Muniain

And for next season: Maybe a new goalie to replace Gomes...such as Adler. Hamsik to add to the midfield with Baledji being shown the door. Zarate replacing Cardoza OR Defoe.

Aston Villa, 10.3, start of season 2. Trying to build a dominant British/Irish team. 4-2-2-2 (wingers)

GK: David James, Alex Smithies

RB: Luke Young, Kirk Broadfoot, Nathaniel Clyne, Lee Hodson

LB: Gareth Bale, Lee Naylor

CB: Richard Dunne, Ryan Shawcross, Danny Wilson, James Collins

MC: Jack Rodwell, Fabian Delph, Jonjo Shelvey, Nigel Reo-Coker, Danny Murphy, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas

Wingers: Ashley Young, James Milner, Aiden McGeady, Stewart Downing, Aaron Doran

TM: Kevin Davies, Andy Carroll

Poacher: Gabby Agbonlahor, Nathan Delfouneso, John Fleck

Obviously players are versatile, et cetera, but this is how I generally use them. My scouts say I need a better target man, but Davies and Carroll both rated above 7.00 last season, and the only person I can think of who might be better, Carlton Cole, will cost much more than he is worth.

Aston Villa, 10.3, start of season 2. Trying to build a dominant British/Irish team. 4-2-2-2 (wingers)

GK: David James, Alex Smithies

RB: Luke Young, Kirk Broadfoot, Nathaniel Clyne, Lee Hodson

LB: Gareth Bale, Lee Naylor

CB: Richard Dunne, Ryan Shawcross, Danny Wilson, James Collins

MC: Jack Rodwell, Fabian Delph, Jonjo Shelvey, Nigel Reo-Coker, Danny Murphy, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas

Wingers: Ashley Young, James Milner, Aiden McGeady, Stewart Downing, Aaron Doran

TM: Kevin Davies, Andy Carroll

Poacher: Gabby Agbonlahor, Nathan Delfouneso, John Fleck

Obviously players are versatile, et cetera, but this is how I generally use them. My scouts say I need a better target man, but Davies and Carroll both rated above 7.00 last season, and the only person I can think of who might be better, Carlton Cole, will cost much more than he is worth.

Your team definately needs improvements in areas. Im not saying its bad, because its a great idea to have an all British team but tweaks are needed in areas.

A new goalkeeper will be needed sometime soon, so thats an are for improvement, but your spoilt for choice really. Joe Hart, Scott Carson, Paul Robinson, Robert Green, Chris Kirkland.

Your right backs are solid, and good youngsters to. Luke Young will need replacing in a few years. Kyle Naughton, Jordan Spence, Kyle Walker?

Lee Naylor isnt good enough to take you forward & should only play against the basement teams, so improvements there are needed. How about switching Danny Wilson to left back and bringing in Gary Cahill or if you dont like that idea Kieren Gibbs as a left back? Mark Wilson will come on the cheap as well. Also try prising Johnny Evans away from Man Utd. Im guessing you sold Curtis Davies?

I like your midfield. Its full of depth in every way. Murphy is at the point where he is on the decline so maybe after the end of the season try and cash in on him & bring a younger player in. Jack Wilshere would be perfect.

Ive personally never been keep on Aiden McGeady, so if it was me I would sell him and replace him with Adam Johnson, but if you like him then by all means keep him.

Your strike force definately needs improving in my eyes. Carlton Cole is the obvious, or why not Peter Crouch? Id definately cash in on Davies for someone better though. Why not play Agbonglahor as a target man with set 'run onto ball' & Delfouneso as a poacher & then bring in another striker? Also, definately have a look for the Alex Nimely-Tchuimeni thread & see how he turns out if nurtured properly.

Your team definately needs improvements in areas. Im not saying its bad, because its a great idea to have an all British team but tweaks are needed in areas.

A new goalkeeper will be needed sometime soon, so thats an are for improvement, but your spoilt for choice really. Joe Hart, Scott Carson, Paul Robinson, Robert Green, Chris Kirkland.

Your right backs are solid, and good youngsters to. Luke Young will need replacing in a few years. Kyle Naughton, Jordan Spence, Kyle Walker?

Lee Naylor isnt good enough to take you forward & should only play against the basement teams, so improvements there are needed. How about switching Danny Wilson to left back and bringing in Gary Cahill or if you dont like that idea Kieren Gibbs as a left back? Mark Wilson will come on the cheap as well. Also try prising Johnny Evans away from Man Utd. Im guessing you sold Curtis Davies?

I like your midfield. Its full of depth in every way. Murphy is at the point where he is on the decline so maybe after the end of the season try and cash in on him & bring a younger player in. Jack Wilshere would be perfect.

Ive personally never been keep on Aiden McGeady, so if it was me I would sell him and replace him with Adam Johnson, but if you like him then by all means keep him.

Your strike force definately needs improving in my eyes. Carlton Cole is the obvious, or why not Peter Crouch? Id definately cash in on Davies for someone better though. , Why not play Agbonglahor as a target man with set 'run onto ball' & Delfouneso as a poacher & then bring in another striker? Also, definately have a look for the Alex Nimely-Tchuimeni thread & see how he turns out if nurtured properly.

I was hoping that Smithies would be ready by the time James leaves, but that's looking unlikely. United won't sell Foster, but Joe Hart could be a good shout.

Just after I posted this, West Ham released Jordan Spence, so he is now in the squad. Lee Naylor doesn't look spectacular, but he has done a good job for me so far, but is very much second choice. I feel that Danny Wilson is wasted at LB, but I do have a couple of promising youngsters that could come in. I did look at Kieran Gibbs because he was excellent for me on an Arsenal save I had, but I don't know if they'll let him go.

Danny Murphy is very much third choice behind Delph and Shelvey in the playmaker role, but he's OK. I'll let him go at the end of this season, when (hopefully) one of my reserves can make the step up.

I didn't like McGeady before, but he has done a really good job for me and scored some really important goals. I'm never sure whether to pick him or Milner though, which I guess is a good headache to have.

I had a £15m bid for Crouch rejected, and I would never pay more than that for a 29-year-old. I was hopeful of getting Cole because West Ham were relegated, but they are playing hardball in the most extreme fashion. Delfouneso just isn't good enough yet.

Thanks for your advice.

I was hoping that Smithies would be ready by the time James leaves, but that's looking unlikely. United won't sell Foster, but Joe Hart could be a good shout.

Just after I posted this, West Ham released Jordan Spence, so he is now in the squad. Lee Naylor doesn't look spectacular, but he has done a good job for me so far, but is very much second choice. I feel that Danny Wilson is wasted at LB, but I do have a couple of promising youngsters that could come in. I did look at Kieran Gibbs because he was excellent for me on an Arsenal save I had, but I don't know if they'll let him go.

Danny Murphy is very much third choice behind Delph and Shelvey in the playmaker role, but he's OK. I'll let him go at the end of this season, when (hopefully) one of my reserves can make the step up.

I didn't like McGeady before, but he has done a really good job for me and scored some really important goals. I'm never sure whether to pick him or Milner though, which I guess is a good headache to have.

I had a £15m bid for Crouch rejected, and I would never pay more than that for a 29-year-old. I was hopeful of getting Cole because West Ham were relegated, but they are playing hardball in the most extreme fashion. Delfouneso just isn't good enough yet.

Thanks for your advice.

No worries dude.

I completely forgot about Ben Foster like. He would have been a good signing. Along with Joe Hart they would be brilliant. I like Smithies and out of preference I would have him as 1st choice if he was ready, but like you said, he doesnt look it. If you have the youngsters then it would be brilliant, saves money that way as well. I think Murhpy & Naylor are the main replacements needed when you finally decide to. Try replacing Naylor with Joe Mattock. That would be the ideal replacement. Young & can be nurtured by Garath Bale & you have a solid left side. Jordan Henderson is one for the future, or a good player right now would be Lee Cattermole. Upfront isnt a major issue as of yet. I think you will be fine for a year or 2, but after that Davies will be past it and need to be moved on. I cant actually think of many English 'target men' apart from maybe Crouch or Cole, so Im stumped on that one. You could look at Daniel Sturridge, Theo Walcott or Jay Rodriguez though as options upfront to. Also, Miles Addison might be a decent option for a centre back.

Half way through season 3 [10.3] @ Spurs and have pretty much managed to put together my best ever FM squad. What u reckon?

(4-1-2-3)

Gomes, Smithies, Areola

Criscito, D Luiz, Subotnic, Azpilcueta, Ansaldi, Bale, King, Otemendi, Naughton, D Wilson

Sissoko, Rodwell, Palacious, Huddlestone, D Crisiteg

Gourcuff, Angel Di Maria, E Hazard, Baledji, Varratti

Cardoza, Dzeko, Balotelli, Defoe, Lakuka, Tafer, Muniain

And for next season: Maybe a new goalie to replace Gomes...such as Adler. Hamsik to add to the midfield with Baledji being shown the door. Zarate replacing Cardoza OR Defoe.

with this formation i dont think you need more then 5-6 forwards, and with the class of the once you already got I dont think you need to buy a replacements for cardozo/defoe, even if you sell both

No worries dude.

I completely forgot about Ben Foster like. He would have been a good signing. Along with Joe Hart they would be brilliant. I like Smithies and out of preference I would have him as 1st choice if he was ready, but like you said, he doesnt look it. If you have the youngsters then it would be brilliant, saves money that way as well. I think Murhpy & Naylor are the main replacements needed when you finally decide to. Try replacing Naylor with Joe Mattock. That would be the ideal replacement. Young & can be nurtured by Garath Bale & you have a solid left side. Jordan Henderson is one for the future, or a good player right now would be Lee Cattermole. Upfront isnt a major issue as of yet. I think you will be fine for a year or 2, but after that Davies will be past it and need to be moved on. I cant actually think of many English 'target men' apart from maybe Crouch or Cole, so Im stumped on that one. You could look at Daniel Sturridge, Theo Walcott or Jay Rodriguez though as options upfront to. Also, Miles Addison might be a decent option for a centre back.

I sold Naylor and bought Leighton Baines for £8m, which I thought was an OK price. I also brought in Bellamy on loan for general attacking cover. I think I'll stick with Kevin Davies for this season, and then re-assess. I don't expect even 10 goals a season from him, but he does a good job laying on chances for Agbonlahor and my wingers.

I had a look at Miles Addison, but with Danny Wilson, Ciaran Clark and Jordan Spence looking good, I don't feel the need to spend on young defenders just yet. The Baggies won't let me have Mattock for less than £6m, so he's a no-go, as my coaches rate him as 2 star at best.

I'm just about to start my 3rd month in second season, this time last year I was 20th in league. This year I am 14th so its an improvement but we can not score enough goals to even challenge for europe and also struggle to keep a clean sheet. I can't get a tactic to work so I was wondering if I didn't have enough quality throughout the squad.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/7629/valenciach.jpg

This is my Udinese squad at the start of the 2013/14 season. Im unsure of my strongest line up playing a 4-1-2-2-1 formation, and where I need to improve. Thanks!

| Pkd                | Inf                | Name               | Position           | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| -                  |                    | Juan Pablo Carrizo | GK                 | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| -                  |                    | Samir Handanovic   | GK                 | 
| -                  |                    | Felipe             | SW, D C            | 
| -                  |                    | Cristián Zapata    | D RC               | 
| -                  | PR                 | Jeison Murillo     | D RC               | 
| -                  |                    | Branislav Ivanovic | D RC, WB R         | 
| -                  |                    | Nelson Rivas       | D C                | 
| -                  | Inj                | Marco Motta        | D/WB/M RL          | 
| -                  |                    | Carlos Vila        | D/WB/M L           | 
| -                  | Slt                | Armand Traoré      | WB/AM L            | 
| -                  | PR                 | Kwadwo Asamoah     | DM, M LC           | 
| -                  | Inj                | Thomas Hitzlsperger| DM, M C            | 
| -                  |                    | Sergio Busquets    | DM, M C            | 
| -                  |                    | Gaetano D'Agostino | DM, M C            | 
| -                  | Inj                | Steven Defour      | DM, M C            | 
| -                  |                    | Andrea Poli        | DM, M C            | 
| -                  |                    | Gökhan Inler       | DM, M C            | 
| -                  | Wnt                | Ben Watson         | M C                | 
| -                  |                    | McDonald Mariga    | M C                | 
| -                  |                    | Michel Bastos      | AM RL              | 
| -                  | Tut                | Yoann Gourcuff     | AM RC              | 
| -                  | PR                 | Thiago Neves       | AM RLC             | 
| -                  | PR                 | Nordin Amrabat     | AM RLC, F C        | 
| -                  |                    | Alexis Sánchez     | AM RL, F C         | 
| -                  |                    | Simone Pepe        | AM R, ST           | 
| -                  |                    | Danny Haynes       | AM R, ST           | 
| -                  | Inj                | Ismail Aissati     | AM LC              | 
| -                  |                    | Younès Belhanda    | AM L               | 
| -                  |                    | Matthew Doyle      | AM L               | 
| -                  |                    | Antonio Di Natale  | AM L, F C          | 
| -                  |                    | Javier Saviola     | F C                | 
| -                  | Inj                | Stepan Slama       | F C                | 
| -                  |                    | André-Pierre Gignac| ST                 | 
| -                  |                    | Romelu Lukaku      | ST                 | 
|                    |                    |                    |                    | 

This is my team in the 2nd season with real madrid!! Try and improve this

----------------------------------Cassilas----------------------------------------

------S.ramos----------Pepe-------------Mexes---------------Lahm

-----------------------------------X.aloso---------------------------------------

-------C.ronaldo----------------Kaka--------------------Ribery

-------------------------Villa----------Benzema--------------------------------

My current team (Jan 2011, used transfer update and playing with Newcastle)

GK: Ustari, Harper, Forster

DR: Diego Renan, Simpson

DL: Jose Enrique, Del Horno

DC: S Taylor, Richards

DC: Davies, Silvestre, Folan

DM: Rodwell, Diarra

MC: Carrick, Guthrie

MC: Keita, Nolan

RW: Acosta, Albrighton

LW: Jonas, Whittingham

ST: Cardozo, Santa Cruz, Carroll

Everybody except Davies, Rodwell and Cardozo have been picked up cheap, having either been transfer-listed or bought for less than, or very slightly more than, their value.

My targets for next season, hoping I have the money for them, are... Ben Foster (to replace Harper), Alan Dzagoev (to replace Guthrie or Nolan), and Ashley Young (I haven't decided who to drop, or even if I will drop anybody, as all my wingers except Albrighton are in great form).

Liverpool 2017

GK Reina, Benaglio

RB (wing back, attack) Johnson, Ozkan

CB Ayala, Zuevych

CB Knudsen, Kelly

LB (wing back, attack) Bale, Sipcic

DM (deep lying playmaker, defend) Correa, Crisetig

CM (advanced playmaker, attack) Zamani, Santos

CM (box to box midfielder, support) Volkov, Smets

AMR (advanced playmaker, attack) di Maria, Gerrard

AML (inside forward, attack) Gabriel, Contreras

ST (poacher, attack / target man, attack) Torres, Hofstra