FM09: Joe Mattock

dukey87

Full Name: Joe Mattock

Club: Leicester City

Value: 450k

Sell Value: 450k - 3million

Position: DL,WBL

Just bought this guy for 450K with future installment over 12months of 1million for Leeds on the back of a scout report that said he has the potential to be become a quality player. Anyone have any views on the player, and how good he may become?

Cheers

*currently at work. If anyone can upload a screenshot please?*

this guy is not that great guys ... llok at him the first time and he sucks ... how could you guys say he was good ...

Sort your career out! For someone of his age to have those stats, develop as quickly as they do and to be able to buy him for under £3million is class!

So how good was he on 9.1.0?

Still looking for a lef back and he is one of the candidates. However my scouts rate him as a decent Premiership potential player only...

Same as 9.2.0. He's a quality left back and very cheap. I buy him in all my games. He was a leading Premier Division player in my Chelsea game and is a leading Ligue 1 player in my Lyon game. He is a must buy.

I left Leeds in Season 3 in the Premiership. Took on the Roma job as soon as i leave all big clubs start bidding for him.

Juventus, Man Utd, Liverpool, Inter, Valencia, Man City. In the end he goes to Man City for 17.5million.

Bought for 500K beginning of first season on 9.3.0 update.

I bought him for my Chelsea side. He's splitting time with Cole right now.

Good marking+tackling+crossing+pace

I don't notice a dip when I take out Cole and put in Mattock.

Plus, he's English so he fulfils one of the CL spots for domestic players, which is a bonus.

im on 9.3.0, and bought mattock in the first or second season, im in 2013 now and he has played for england a few times, will probably take over from ashley cole soon. he helped me win a few cups and the league and scores a few goals a season. liverpool, man utd, chelsea, R madrid, and juventus are all after him aswell on mine.

im on 9.3.0, and bought mattock in the first or second season, im in 2013 now and he has played for england a few times, will probably take over from ashley cole soon. he helped me win a few cups and the league and scores a few goals a season. liverpool, man utd, chelsea, R madrid, and juventus are all after him aswell on mine.

did you START that game on 9.3.0, or is it carried over from 9.2.0

• 2 months later...

have signed him on other files and know he's a wonderkid, solid LB from the start, so in 2014, I snatched him up on a bosman for our first season in the premiership :D Looking forward for some consistency from him, maybe some assists too.

there's not much difference between him on 9.3 and 9.2 tbh.. despite me thinking so when the patch came out first ....

mattock is still always the first name on my shortlist of players to buy....

calling him a solid left back doesnt do the man justice but he is definately solid

bought him in season 1 for everton, he has now claimed the LB spot in season 3.

chelsea, ac milan, liverpool have all bid 15 mil and above for him.

his value now is about 6 mil.

i trained him to play DR as well, for flexibility. very reliable LB whose attacking stats improve as he gets older. mentally very strong for a youngster. was able to cash in on Leighton Baines for 15 mil to Aston Villa, because Mattock was more than capable to take over.

I am only on 9.1 and had Mattock since the 1st season. He has done really well for me but this season (2013/4) I have noticed a big drop. He is getting mugged alot and his passing has really gone downhill. Is this a 9.1 issue or something as see most mention 9.2/3. Quite gutted really as he had done so well up til then, been winning loads of young player of the month, won young player of the year etc. Its not too bad for me to try to find a replacement but my biggest worry is my part time job, I am England boss and there seems to be a shortage of decent LB

I have signed Joe Mattock for my Leeds team in second season.

He starts nearly every match in The Championship for me, and plays extremely well.

Signed him for Wolves in first season in the Prem. He's not as flashy as most other LBs but he's incredibly reliable. Rarely gets injured, rarely gets tires, rarely puts in a bad performance. The best thing is that he still has heaps of potential to fufill so I can see his stats increasing in time.

Had solid season for my side, considering we only survived on G.D, performing brilliantly wasn't going to be easy, and he was solid. As I wanted, and only just managed to hold of 4th placed Newcastle after they weren't interested in bidding the asking price of 10m. He was unhappy, but his morale was once again fine in a few months. A good player, who I will certainly be keeping if i can this summer :)

• 4 weeks later...

Mattock is usually very constant for me, 2014/2015 with QPR in Prem, but sadly consistency also means he rarely has brilliant games. Usually a 6.98 rating, all the time. Reliable, never injured, never tired. Vice-captain, and also now England starter since 2013.

Even if his PA is at its lowest he still more than good enough for a team in Europe. He's brilliant for my Q.P.R side on the 9.01 patch. Or 9.02. Can't remember. But he does give away an annoying amount of penalties.

He is a very good player, not great. I have signed him for numerous teams with varying results.

A good solid player for a mid table prem team i'd say, but you will always have better options at a ''bigger'' club.

Or, sign him as a 2nd choice LB if you are in the european competitions, good for the quota system.

Overall; good, not great.

He is a very good player, not great. I have signed him for numerous teams with varying results.

A good solid player for a mid table prem team i'd say, but you will always have better options at a ''bigger'' club.

Or, sign him as a 2nd choice LB if you are in the european competitions, good for the quota system.

Overall; good, not great.

He is great on my game. Been in my side for over five seasons during which time we've won 3 leagues 3 CL 2 League Cups and 1 FA Cup. Rating above 7.2 in every season and very consistent. Wouldn't replace him with anyone :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i tried to buy him for my United side in FM10 demo, really wanted him as he was a gem for me in FM09, offered 14mil plus told him he would be a first choice and gave him everything he wanted during the personal contract stage .......................... he then accepted a loan offer to Hull instead and thats that :/

Archived