Your Best Transfer Dealings

The Chosen One

I have to say, from what I have seen in the Demo, transfer system is more realistic now. So, I want to ask your best transfer dealings in which you sold far more than you expected and bought far less than you thought you would pay.

Here are my first 3 signings:

Marcos Senna 8.25 m

Gonzalo Higuan 8.25 m

Miguel Veloso 11.5 m

(Currency = UK Pound)

I was quite surprised how less I had to pay for Miguel coz in FM08 I got him over 30m pounds.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to say, from what I have seen in the Demo, transfer system is more realistic now. So, I want to ask your best transfer dealings in which you sold far more than you expected and bought far less than you thought you would pay.

Here are my first 3 signings:

Marcos Senna 8.25 m

Gonzalo Higuan 8.25 m

Miguel Veloso 11.5 m

(Currency = UK Pound)

I was quite surprised how less I had to pay for Miguel coz in FM08 I got him over 30m pounds.

Yes indeed,the prices seem to be much more realistic in FM09 unlike FM08.

I also got Veloso for 10.5 million pounds for my arsenal team and he was a great signing.

Flogging Jenas to Man City for 10m.

Most of my purchases will turn out to be bargains (Camacho for about 10m, Sakho for a similar price, Saivet for the set fee, Rodwell for 5m...) compared to the price I'd have to pay for them if I wasn't willing to spend time on developing them.

My best signings in terms of value for money have been Juha Hakola at £95,000 and Mascio at £30,000. The former is probably my best attacker and the latter, only 17, was dominating Championship midfields until he began to feel the pressure, something manifested in his performances, so he's had only a bit-part role for the latter half of the season. I sold Rudi Skacel for £2,000,000 which the fans were questioning, but brought in Mariusz Lewandowski for less than half that, just the hardman enforcer our defence needed. It was all looking worrying early on but I persevered and we began to turn one-goal defeats into one-goal victories... and now I find myself higher than we've ever been, somehow 3rd in the Championship with two games to play! I'm worried being catapulted into the Premier League could ruin the stable harmony of my squad, though...

Sorry. That was a bit of a diversion. Mascio for £30,000 and Hakola for £95,000, then.

Lomano Tresor LuaLua - Free transfer for Panionios after his 'sellout' contract at Al-Arabi expired. Still has his Newcastle and Olympiakos pace and skill.

Roberto - Free transfer, again, for Panionios. Brazillian flair-filled finisher from Leoxios (sp) in Portugal.

Both terrific players and great value after the 1st season if you are playing at this level

sold: £22m for carrick, £28m for nani, £23 for berbatov, £7m for park = (£80m)

bought: £5m for diarra(!), £18m for guardodo, £38m for aguero, £12m for camacho = (£73M)

a midfield general and three wonderkids for three overrated squad men. with change.

Marcelo from Real Madrid for 6.5 million euro... could have got him for 5m too but espanyol made a final bid of 6 so i raised the bar a little.

Turned out to be an absolute top signing. Fans favourite, plays beautiful attacking football running the whole length of the pitch, Brazil international, and very young. Excellent signing.

Purchased Steven Defour from Standard Liege as I was impressed with their exploits against Liverpool and Everton in real life. He seemed costly at £10m, but has scored or assisted in every game since I got him in the January transfer window for Newcastle...

Sold Darren Fletcher to Spurs for £30m(One off payment).

Sold Michael Carrick to Man City for £40m(One off payment).

Signings wise my best deals have been Miguel Veloso from Sporting CP for £3m up front & £7.5 over 24 months, of course there's a 15% of next profit aswell.

I bought;

Juninho P' - 3.2m (back up as Ronaldo, Park, Anderson, Giggs + Hargreaves got injured within a few games)

Veloso - 11m (not really doing great though tbh)

Martins - 13m (thought because of pace etc, plus absence of Rooney + Berbatov, that he would do well, he did at first, then went around 850 minutes without a goal *sold Tevez before Rooney + Berbatov got injured)

Balotelli *sp* - 10m (scored a hat-trick in first reserve game, played my next game with two assists *january signing*)

Sold;

Park Ji Sung - 8m Valencia

Carlos Tevez - 25m + clauses Real Madrid

Started as Man City

I got Progrebnyak for 6m, banging them in left right and centre including hat-tricks against Man u and Arsenal.

Marcelo left back from R.Madrid for 5.5M brilliant attacking full back.

Camacho 9.75m fantatic midfield maestro.

Thiago Silva 2.5m Young brazilian defender playing good.

Darijo Srna from Shaktar for 16.5m. Best buy for my arsenal team. Top goal scorer, with seven in four, from right wing back. Also bourght Lucio from Bayern for 13M, Andrey Arshavin for 14M and Miguel Veloso for 10.5M. The centre midfield partnership of Fabregas Arshavin and Veloso works a treat.

Archived