FM16: Lincoln - The President

zZzZzZzZzZzZzZz

19cae2af315a290ce82461bc62b9e549.png

IdcRblm.png

Absolute beast. Still only 20 and already world class. When I bought him from Gremio at 18 for €16M he had already been a first team player for them for three seasons, in his first season with us he was the key player in our surprise run to the Champions League title, in his second season he destroyed the Bundesliga as we managed to beat an almost unstoppable FC Bayern to the title. Hardly a bargain, but without a doubt the best player I've ever bought in 10 years of playing Football Manager.

Have signed him but don't get him until this Jan so well excited I was gonna train him as a MC advanced playmaker, do you think he can do it?

Playing Gremio save at the moment and in season 1. I'm retraining him to MC AP A too. Quality. One of my best. Very consistent too and only 17. After about 5 months already competent. Avg rating of 8.06 after ten games.

Wow, what a player! I thought Luan was a steal, but this guy is an absolute monster by the look of it.

Out of curiosity how much did you buy Luan for? And who for? I'm playing Gremio and sold him for 15m to Benfica.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Managed to get Lincoln for £13m for Wolves in the January of the third season and he's been phenominal! I play him at AMC-a and he gets a 9 practically every game, whether he gets an assist, a goal, or neither! I had to give him a £47m buy out clause, and worried about it already!

(This was taken right after the FA Cup final in which he scored the first goal in a 2-0 win against Arsenal. In extra time, hence the tiredness!)

lincoln.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
He doesn't need tutoring really, already pretty beastly!

He does need tutoring, I just paid 30 million for him and also signed Wayne Rooney on a free to try tutoring him to get his determination up (it's only a 10 on my save in the 2019-2020 season). He's still only 20 on my save, so a 33 year old Wayne Rooney should be allowed to tutor him surely?

Lincoln is left footed on my save and I'm trying to play him as a right inside forward on support duty. If I keep playing him there and continually train him up for that role, will he become at least accomplished as a right inside forward? I have Christian Pavon down the left and I want to fit them both into my team down the flanks.

I believe that the main thing you have to look out for with tutoring would be that the squad status of the tutor needs to be at least as high (maybe higher?) than that of the tutee.

If you play Lincoln on the right and continually train him then yes, he will probably become at least accomplished in that role

Wow.....I just signed him in the summer window at the end of the first season, don't even remember signing him unti it came in, then I saw this thread.......

Looking at zzzz's screenshot of him at 20, my guy looks like he's a bit behind, but then that screenshot is 2 years on from where I am now. Never realised he was a wonderkid either & seems a complete steal at £2.5m. Might have to consider him for a first team role sooner rather than later as I bought him for the 21's.

Where do you play him? AML or AMC? I can't fully decide what is best.

Lincoln.jpg

I believe that the main thing you have to look out for with tutoring would be that the squad status of the tutor needs to be at least as high (maybe higher?) than that of the tutee.

If you play Lincoln on the right and continually train him then yes, he will probably become at least accomplished in that role

Cheers, I played Lincoln as a right inside forward for 2 games and trained him up there and he's already become accomplished in the role. But then he broke his toe and is out for 6-8 weeks. Is he really injury prone?

Any advice for PPI's to give him? I was training him up to run with the ball more often, but that training abruptly came to an end since he got injured.

• 1 month later...

He has been unbelievable for my Toulouse side in 2016/17. We had a tough run of games earlier in the campaign, facing Montpellier then Marseille followed by Liverpool in the Europa League - we won them 6-1, 4-3 and 3-0, with Lincoln bagging a hat-trick in each. Don't think I've ever had a player score a hat-trick of hat-tricks, certainly not from the left wing!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived