EHM Wishlist thread

I wrote these suggestions European leagues in mind.

1. More active agents

Agents should be more eager to offer their clients to clubs. If their client is on last year of contract, the agent should be making inquiries to other clubs if they're interested to start a bidding war.

2. A chance to sign a pre-contract with a European player (earlier than now)

In reality an European club has often signed pre-contracts with European players ~6 months before their current contract is ended. EHM should also allow a club to sign pre-contracts earlier than is currently possible.

3. Option to force the best faceoffs guy to take faceoffs

Often the PK lines created by the assistant coach put a winger to handle faceoffs. This leads to many lost defensive faceoffs, if you don't remember to check the lineup by yourself. There should be an option to have a best faceoffs guy to handle faceoffs, no matter if the player would be a defender . Also, a chance to put your best faceoffs guy to take the critical faceoffs would be nice.

---

Thanks riz and SI guys for a great game!

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some random wishes:

Some indication that you already have offered a new contract to one of your players.

Some information on how long time you have left to sign a drafted prospect.

Some information on why a player "does not want to sign a new contract right now". IE, is it because he is unhappy at the team, or because he wants to go to a better club to win the Cup, or do he hate the city he lives in, and so on.

It would be nice to add an option to the ''Go on Vacation'' mode that would prompt you and stop the simulation when your team has an alert such as a trade proposal but more importantly when you have a player who gets injured or reach a certain fatigue threshold, etc. I would also like that the AI don't do any move to recall players from minors or place some on waivers, etc. This way you can still have total control over your rosters and lines while simulating long period phase.

One thing I would love to see somewhere (far, far) down the road is the option to have a one time expansion draft when you start a new game. Make it a two team expansion to keep it interesting but not mess with the league structure too much. You immediately get to name the team, pick the staff, and then take part in the draft itself. Teams would protect players based on their depth charts with consideration taken to players with big contracts that teams IRL would be happy to part with. Make it 26 rounds and boom, off you go.

There are 2 things I wish for and they both stem for the fact I having been playing EHM non-stop since 2004 and after 11 years, they are really annoying.

1. A way to default the value of Open Camps. I play the NHL only and I always have to turn it off. I wish it would stay off.

2. The other one is to default the scouting settings. I always scouts with No Recommendations, make their assignment Permanent and only scout 17-20 years old. I wish those values could also stick.

I haven't played the update yet, but the focus on the smaller nations and their tournaments clarifies an idea (assuming it's not already in there. I didn't see it in the patch notes). If you're running a national team, getting an update every year, and/or having a screen to check with the amount of registered players (and maybe rinks) so you can gauge the growth of the game. It should give you a bit of hope as if you can do something like win Div III, then there will be more registered players in that country the next year (indicating that while regens of any quality may not necessarily be found yet, you're on your way)

A news item after important wins saying that your team's success has inspired more (demonym) to start playing hockey would be a positive feedback to get, even if you're only really dressing randos, and if your team is really years from respectability, you take the little wins you can get and build on them. I live in the States, so I have a certain limited perspective on things going on in lower ranked hockey nations, but the American media likes to say that almost any sort of international hockey upset, or honestly just not get embarrassed, is "(country)'s Miracle on Ice". An over-exaggeration I feel, but if a human manager of Belgium happens to beat, say, Austria, then regardless of if it's a championship game, or one in the round robin, it should 'inspire'. (although winning the whole thing would of course be a much bigger boost). I like the idea of a seemingly inconsequential loss to an underdog can be the impetus of them eventually becoming a hockey superpower.

USA's Miracle on Ice was only a semi-final game, if they hadn't won gold, it would have still made an impact, just probably not as big. There was also politics to it, but it could just be like team rivalries already in the game.

It would be cool if you were working on a nation and after a few successes, you get an occasional news item when you include a regen on your nat. team saying that they were partially inspired to play because of the success at some tournament years ago.

I haven't played the update yet, but the focus on the smaller nations and their tournaments clarifies an idea (assuming it's not already in there. I didn't see it in the patch notes). If you're running a national team, getting an update every year, and/or having a screen to check with the amount of registered players (and maybe rinks) so you can gauge the growth of the game. It should give you a bit of hope as if you can do something like win Div III, then there will be more registered players in that country the next year (indicating that while regens of any quality may not necessarily be found yet, you're on your way)

A news item after important wins saying that your team's success has inspired more (demonym) to start playing hockey would be a positive feedback to get, even if you're only really dressing randos, and if your team is really years from respectability, you take the little wins you can get and build on them. I live in the States, so I have a certain limited perspective on things going on in lower ranked hockey nations, but the American media likes to say that almost any sort of international hockey upset, or honestly just not get embarrassed, is "(country)'s Miracle on Ice". An over-exaggeration I feel, but if a human manager of Belgium happens to beat, say, Austria, then regardless of if it's a championship game, or one in the round robin, it should 'inspire'. (although winning the whole thing would of course be a much bigger boost). I like the idea of a seemingly inconsequential loss to an underdog can be the impetus of them eventually becoming a hockey superpower.

USA's Miracle on Ice was only a semi-final game, if they hadn't won gold, it would have still made an impact, just probably not as big. There was also politics to it, but it could just be like team rivalries already in the game.

It would be cool if you were working on a nation and after a few successes, you get an occasional news item when you include a regen on your nat. team saying that they were partially inspired to play because of the success at some tournament years ago.

Great ideas man !!!!!!

But it should take 10-15 even more years for some nation to progress....not year or two

Great ideas man !!!!!!

But it should take 10-15 even more years for some nation to progress....not year or two

I'm not sure I get what you mean, but I agree. By 'registered players', I meant as in the IIHF's count of people they know are playing hockey http://www.iihf.com/iihf-home/the-iihf/survey-of-players/ so it acts as more of an indicator for the likelihood of getting regens (guys in the database the game creates) because to get a 10-15 year turnaround, there'd need to be a carrot for you to follow in the meantime.

I looked at the chart, it's not perfect. The IIHF has Japan with more registered players than Austria, or Slovakia, but it conveys the basic idea.

I'm not sure I get what you mean, but I agree. By 'registered players', I meant as in the IIHF's count of people they know are playing hockey http://www.iihf.com/iihf-home/the-iihf/survey-of-players/ so it acts as more of an indicator for the likelihood of getting regens (guys in the database the game creates) because to get a 10-15 year turnaround, there'd need to be a carrot for you to follow in the meantime.

I looked at the chart, it's not perfect. The IIHF has Japan with more registered players than Austria, or Slovakia, but it conveys the basic idea.

Yes, I ment more players, more ice rinks, and what is the most important, more funds to youth categories which will bring results in future:)

I just wish you fix the Swedish Hockey League and HockeyAllsvenskan for the upcoming 2015 season, add the correct number of teams and league rules. And adding Swedish Division 1 as playable would be swell, I mean why not? Since the Finnish third tier league is playable.

And that you add an Editor.

Can't believe I'm playing an up-to-date EHM. This is awesome!

I'd like to see player progression over time. Which attributes were raised/lowered when, and if at all possible why they changed. If a certain trainer brought out the best in a player or if a hand injury lowered their shooting skill. Maybe the good locker room atmosphere raised some value or other. That would be awesome. Great game guys!

This one is nice.

Head coach requests. Like "I really need another hard working forward if we're going to win the Cup" or "The team lacks a offensive defenceman" or "We really need some more experienced players for the playoff".

In his tab there is written "He's considering a new contract offer from xxx"

Thanks.

Overall, more feedback on what is happening in the team. For example, did your head coach scratch that player because he was late to the training and have a bad attitude, or because he doesn't fit into the current tactics?

I'm sure this has been noted already but when a team is down by 2 goals late in a game they should be pulling their goalie if the situation permits it. Maybe it happens and i have not come across it but i was just playing a game where i was winning 2-0 and the AI made no attempt to pull their goalie, even when they had a offensive faceoff with a minute forty-five remaining. I'd like to see the AI pull their goalie late in a game down by two at least some of the time when the situation makes sense.

I'd love for a way to scout Free Agents in the Scouts screen.

EX: I send Scout X to Russia and while he scouts players in the KHL, he also looks at free agents who can potentially make an impact.

Maybe a yearly list of impending free agents and the Head Scout's recommendation on them?

I feel like there should be a way to sort by draft position in the player search screen - even if someone looks like a pretty average player, they'll get my attention if I can see that they were 5th overall 3 years ago.

When scouting leagues, there should be a way to see the reputations that are available on the nation's overview. Continental, national, local, obscure, etc. Right now, you have to do some legwork to figure out countries you don't know.

Places that are already assigned scouts should have some kind of mark, especially when you're getting acclimatized to a country whose language you don't know, having to juggle 15 scouts whose assignments generally come early in the process of playing a team and keeping apart the Oberliga, the Bundesligas 1&2, and the Bayernliga gets a bit confusing.

On the standings page there is too much wasted space. I would like to see all those stats pushed closer to the team names and win/loss streaks and record in last 10 games added in on the league standings page. It's better to have those stats on the main page then to have to go into the team stats to look them up.

jBRbCbs.png

• 2 months later...

I'd love to have a shortcut to scout my own prospects and players not in the NHL, rather than have to manually scout each player.

Also, trade responses from ai teams need some help. I'd like some indication as to what they think would make a trade work rather than just an outright rejection.

Having 30 GM net play would be amazing if thats even possible? Also the ability to add a League like NHL? Finally what about customization editing the main menu and themes or maybe if we choose our favorite team the background will change to my teams color scheme and logo?

Having 30 GM net play would be amazing if thats even possible?

This is actually super important. I know avid 2005 players who never bought 2007 because of the 14(?) gm limit for online play. The online leagues were always the strongest appeal, and they just don't work unless every team has a human.

I'd like to see some sort of stats section for each league that lists all the fights that have occurred during that season so not only can you see who has won the most but who they have beaten.

I would like stat section for team like top 10 scorers in club history....also for asists, goalie wins (goalie wins would be only for NHL teams as stats for euro leagues for this category is hard to find)

Question what about a 3d engine like the Football Manager I know that manager is amazing but adding some features from there to here would be nice like 3d match engine.
If you hadn't written "question" I would have let your comment go, as it is a "wish list" and people should be able to wish for what they want.....but since you're asking, the answer to your question is that would be years away in the best case scenario

FM has been in constant development for decades, sells over a million copies, with around 100 people actively working on the game.

EHM:EA (returning after a 9 year absence) is in early access, has sold 20K copies, and has Riz working on it in his spare time (when he's not working on FM).

The 2D engine has issues with it, and those should be addressed first, along with the various bugs/fixes for the game that are needed right now.....given the limited development team/time and niche market sales it's unrealistic to think of 3D engines at this time (but wishing for is different! HaHa)

What EHM has going for it is Riz, a passionate fan base and small group of dedicated volunteers; it'll take some time to build the game to the level that 3D engines are a realistic possibility...I sure hope we get to that point!

If you hadn't written "question" I would have let your comment go, as it is a "wish list" and people should be able to wish for what they want.....but since you're asking, the answer to your question is that would be years away in the best case scenario

FM has been in constant development for decades, sells over a million copies, with around 100 people actively working on the game.

EHM:EA (returning after a 9 year absence) is in early access, has sold 20K copies, and has Riz working on it in his spare time (when he's not working on FM).

The 2D engine has issues with it, and those should be addressed first, along with the various bugs/fixes for the game that are needed right now.....given the limited development team/time and niche market sales it's unrealistic to think of 3D engines at this time (but wishing for is different! HaHa)

What EHM has going for it is Riz, a passionate fan base and small group of dedicated volunteers; it'll take some time to build the game to the level that 3D engines are a realistic possibility...I sure hope we get to that point!

OK what about making the, 2d players more realistic. Like theblueline has that mod, Should be mandatory for the game something like that where we see what our players do not just dots after all it is 2015 right?

OK what about making the, 2d players more realistic. Like theblueline has that mod, Should be mandatory for the game something like that where we see what our players do not just dots after all it is 2015 right?
For me it depends on what you mean by "more realistic"

I honestly like the dots, and don't need much more graphically

But there definitely things I'd like to see to make the 2D more realistic...

The focus IMO for 2D should at this time be on bug fixes (like the correct number/range for shots and hits for F/D) and basic improvements (so D in their own end stop throwing the puck blindly into the slot)....my wish list items for more realistic 2D would include things like seeing "play styles" more clearly (things like the cycling style of the Sedins, the big shot of Lafleur down the wing) & having an international sized ice surface along with the NHL size (and the play styles that would entail)

My list of development/gameplay/AI ideas is mighty long! HaHa and investing resources on visual improvements would be at the bottom of that list for me

For me it depends on what you mean by "more realistic"

I honestly like the dots, and don't need much more graphically

But there definitely things I'd like to see to make the 2D more realistic...

The focus IMO for 2D should at this time be on bug fixes (like the correct number/range for shots and hits for F/D) and basic improvements (so D in their own end stop throwing the puck blindly into the slot)....my wish list items for more realistic 2D would include things like seeing "play styles" more clearly (things like the cycling style of the Sedins, the big shot of Lafleur down the wing) & having an international sized ice surface along with the NHL size (and the play styles that would entail)

My list of development/gameplay/AI ideas is mighty long! HaHa and investing resources on visual improvements would be at the bottom of that list for me

Theblueline did it right with making the players, Being able to see the players moving. Even checked and you can even see the goalie saving so this is my wish list to do something like this or make an option for it.

Theblueline did it right with making the players, Being able to see the players moving. Even checked and you can even see the goalie saving so this is my wish list to do something like this or make an option for it.
If TBL did it right, use what you found on TBL.....I don't understand, you want an option to do what you can already do?

If TBL did it right, use what you found on TBL.....I don't understand, you want an option to do what you can already do?

lol so you infact, Don't want that improvement as. I do want the improvement, whats the Issue here is this a wish list or an opinion area? Why should I fight with you over an idea that makes no, Sense who wants just dots you cant even see the player fighting or getting knocked down. At least allow us to see fighting so the game records fights but don't show us fights? Lets improve the game in EA rather than not improve it cause after we play this cause we love it. Seeing a little more than just dots would actually make EHM:EA a lot fun this aint 07 its 2015 hell every other manger have more to it. All I am saying would be cool to see the dots look like players top down. Also would be cool to see goalies look like goalies and cool to see them save and players check. Well it might not happen this year but when they do you will be drooling over this and I requested this already lol. Also to make you have what you want dots, Why not give us options like in Football Manager TV options that would be cool in my opinion its 2015 lets see more out there I believe in you. Sports Interactive as you guys are amazing, Also I am done fighting over peoples opinions over my ideas its a wish list am I not right? Another thing I had to mod the game I dont want to mod the game all the time to get what I like how do I know they wont be compatible in network games so yeah.

lol so you infact, Don't want that improvement as. I do want the improvement, whats the Issue here is this a wish list or an opinion area? Why should I fight with you over an idea that makes no, Sense who wants just dots you cant even see the player fighting or getting knocked down. At least allow us to see fighting so the game records fights but don't show us fights? Lets improve the game in EA rather than not improve it cause after we play this cause we love it. Seeing a little more than just dots would actually make EHM:EA a lot fun this aint 07 its 2015 hell every other manger have more to it. All I am saying would be cool to see the dots look like players top down. Also would be cool to see goalies look like goalies and cool to see them save and players check. Well it might not happen this year but when they do you will be drooling over this and I requested this already lol. Also to make you have what you want dots, Why not give us options like in Football Manager TV options that would be cool in my opinion its 2015 lets see more out there I believe in you. Sports Interactive as you guys are amazing, Also I am done fighting over peoples opinions over my ideas its a wish list am I not right? Another thing I had to mod the game I dont want to mod the game all the time to get what I like how do I know they wont be compatible in network games so yeah.

Dude, calm down. Your wishlist idea made no sense, he was asking you to clarify what your incoherent sentences were asking.

Dude, calm down. Your wishlist idea made no sense, he was asking you to clarify what your incoherent sentences were asking.

Dude you don't need to jump in like your the man of steel, Wow I think I clarified enough and it was a wish list there is some wish's. I don't like from you guys, But I don't attack users on here for stupid little things. Such as a wish list idea. All I said was it would be better to see players then dots and you disagree simple. Also I said I was done arguing then you jump in and take sides wow can we just get over everything I get it you don't like my ideas. Also to let you know you can do anything as long as you know how to do it but why mod a game when you don't have to less stress and less messing around. Also we are modding with a mod that can already and should be default in game wow.

***** gonna ****.

I'd like an easy option to be able to send a player on a two way to my feeder team or whatever it's called. I know I can send them and recall at will but I'd like them to sit in both squads with the senior team getting priority the same way as if I sign a feeder teams player on a two way.

I'd like an easy option to be able to send a player on a two way to my feeder team or whatever it's called. I know I can send them and recall at will but I'd like them to sit in both squads with the senior team getting priority the same way as if I sign a feeder teams player on a two way.
Wouldn't problems occur with there being roster limits with the senior team? How would the AI know which players to bring up and which to not?

Is this something that happens in Europe/Russia? A player essentially "sits with both squads" simultaneously?

It's not something that happens in NA...

Yes in the EIHL there are some teams who have arrangements with teams in the below division that see some of their players sent on two ways who feature for both teams throughout the season. For instance some of Coventry's best youth prospects are likely to get the odd game for them whilst playing in most games for second tier MK Lightning.

I think the AI should know better which players to keep. I just finished season and Tampa Bay let Stamkos hit the free agency just because they didnt have money for him. Really? AI should get rid of high paid players in these kind of situations IMO. Another problem is that the players are still asking too little money.

I'd like to see attribute changes in the player profile. Just like in FM where there are green and red arrows pointing how player's attributes have been developing lately. Also attribute charts would be very useful where you could see how player's skills have changed during months or even years.

Biggest frustration in the EIHL is the desire of every team to field four full lines on defence and forwards. In reality all the teams attempt to ice three lines as strong as they can muster. Some of the bigger sides with the best British players will ice four lines of forwards and a seventh dman. In the game at the moment the desire to ice four lines means the sides who have four or give Brits go and sign absolute dross from the free agent market just to make up the numbers.

If there aren't enough good players available they should ice three lines not just sign total rubbish to make an awful sub standard fourth line.