Game jolts before "event"

This might sounds weird and I am just seeing if anyone else has experienced it.

Basically I can quite often tell when a goal is about to be scored or something 'major' happen as either the match engine jolts or my processor(i assume) physically ticks.

Anyone else experience something like this?

Basically I can quite often tell when a goal is about to be scored or something 'major' happen as either the match engine jolts or my processor(i assume) physically ticks.

Yeah I sometimes get the processor making a noise too, always makes me smile :p normally I play the TV as background noise so I can't usually hear it but it's definitely something I've noticed on my new PC :)

Yep, mine jolts too..

We should all fear "The Event" :lol:

Well played, well played.

Very happy to hear its not just me, thought there was something up with my computer. Does feel weird and almost certain its a CPU sound. Anyone from SI willing to offer a suggestion?

I'm not meaning it to sound confrontational, more curious, but does it really matter? Even if SI did comment on this forum, they probably wouldn't have much of a useful suggestion as to why this is happening. It probably just does. Something in the code that means just before a goal is scored, something takes a little longer to update, leading to a slight pause. It happens on commentary only a lot for me, but not on 2D or 3D.

I get every time the commentary caption at the bottom says "it beats the keeper" then either a goal is scored or is missed! Don't really mind it apart from penalty shootouts it happens after every kick!!

I quite like it actually, it adds a bit of drama :p

• 4 months later...
Ive just got FM 2015, and i'm using the commentary view and the jerking and jolting just before an event is frustrating, is there any way of fixing it ?

I don't think so. My match engine pauses for a split second before a goal or major event

I am not playing this years version now but in a previous version I fixed this by setting the FPS from 'Automatic' to '60 fps'.

It seemed to help some people but not others, worth a go a guess.

Thanks I will give that a try

Archived