FM12: Official Rate My Regen Thread

Ty

Have you found a gem of a regen from an obscure country that you have never heard of, got him capped and feel proud?

Want to get your regen rated as you feel that he is the best regen ever?

Maybe you want some advice on your regen, how to play him, what should you train him on?

Well, don't look anywhere else! (Seriously, people hate regen threads, they are a no-no!)

There is no specific format to follow, just post up a screenshot of your regen! If you need to, also along with your screenshot you could have a bit of background information about him, like where you got him, how much you paid or anything similiar.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started a new game as unemployed and a season and a half in, after turning down numerous job opportunities I got one I couldn't turn down...Granada, relegated and languishing in 15th place in Liga Adelante, and shorn of all their talent (Mollo, Yebda, Diakhate all left following relegation). Still struggling in the league since I joined and in need of a striker, I scoured South America until I came across this talent:

screenshot20111022at162.png

Hoping the second half of my season will be better now that I've signed him (£900k compensation)!

i actually finally think its more realistic. Ive played games for 20-30+ seasons at times and you might come across one or two super Messi's, the rest more around the -8 mark. But why is that? Everyday some kid is being touted as the next ronaldo etc. So why not put all these regens in the game with all that POTENTIAL. Im sure all that potential is out there in the world. But having potential, and reaching that potential are 2 different things! some of these superstar kids might get injured, might not perform, and they dont make it. others will, and that will be our new crop of the worlds elite. simple. I think there is a steady flow.

i actually finally think its more realistic. Ive played games for 20-30+ seasons at times and you might come across one or two super Messi's, the rest more around the -8 mark. But why is that? Everyday some kid is being touted as the next ronaldo etc. So why not put all these regens in the game with all that POTENTIAL. Im sure all that potential is out there in the world. But having potential, and reaching that potential are 2 different things! some of these superstar kids might get injured, might not perform, and they dont make it. others will, and that will be our new crop of the worlds elite. simple. I think there is a steady flow.

I agree with this one. I find that after playing 30 seasons of FM11, the game generated 1 superstar per generation. After Messi retired a French guy took over his reign, and later a brazilian with super attributes (=80% of attributes 16 or over).

25 year old regen second season :eek: good find by your scout though. Did he cost 12.5m? Or is that how much he is worth now?

He cost me £12.5mil to buy, and considering I've only got BAE and Erik Pieters, thought it was a good investment, although saying that Pieters is young and has some good stats :)

I found these players by looking through the dynamic search for youth with high value AND I selected "View-Attributes-Technical" (instead of age, nationality etc in General View). BY doing so I could quickly sort out which regens had exceptional technical stats. The first one, Kuka, had no intention of joining me but then a week later or so, Bayern Munich released him :-). Mouloungui came from Lyon for £2.7M (my future captain!):

kuka.png

mouloungui.png

I found these players by looking through the dynamic search for youth with high value AND I selected "View-Attributes-Technical" (instead of age, nationality etc in General View). BY doing so I could quickly sort out which regens had exceptional technical stats. The first one, Kuka, had no intention of joining me but then a week later or so, Bayern Munich released him :-). Mouloungui came from Lyon for £2.7M (my future captain!):

kuka.png

mouloungui.png

Looks good

Whats the best way to search for talanted regens?

Looks good

Whats the best way to search for talanted regens?

Hm, as I wrote in my post my advice is to use the player search. Filter age of the players appropriately. Then, instead of using the General View, I suggest you use the Attribute:Technical View (Does that make sense?) to quickly establish what players have that little extra.

Please note: It may help to un-tick the "Unrealistic transfers" to build up a data base of youth players. Often when players are generated they prefer not to move within the first 12-24 months even if you are the bigger club. So keep them on your shortlist and check now and then if they are more inclined to sign for you.

If you are looking for goalkeepers or defenders you may wanna do it differently though. I do not know if the screen shot below is to small to see clearly, but I tried to explain it there:

playersearch.png

true true, also i think it makes the game more competitive, does anyone find that as you progress you end up getting all the top class regens but because there are so few of them it ends up being your team full of the best regens vs everyone's mediocre ones and then gets boring and uncompetitive? also what are people's opions on changing pa's i.e kevin prince boateng from being an average player at portsmouth to now an outstanding player at milan ( 4 goals in 2 - all great goals) at portsmouth you'd think he'd have a pa of about 130-140 but at milan more like 160-170, do you get what i mean?

I'm all for better quality regens with higher potential, I tend not to sign too many; I like to rely on home-grown talent but, I'm not too sure about these 25-26 year old super-regens. Seems a little weird that they just pop up from nowhere once you add a leage to your saved game. I wouldn't mind it if they weren't as good as some that I have seen but, some of the attributes on many of these 'older' regens are unbelieavable!

Hm, as I wrote in my post my advice is to use the player search. Filter age of the players appropriately. Then, instead of using the General View, I suggest you use the Attribute:Technical View (Does that make sense?) to quickly establish what players have that little extra.

Please note: It may help to un-tick the "Unrealistic transfers" to build up a data base of youth players. Often when players are generated they prefer not to move within the first 12-24 months even if you are the bigger club. So keep them on your shortlist and check now and then if they are more inclined to sign for you.

If you are looking for goalkeepers or defenders you may wanna do it differently though. I do not know if the screen shot below is to small to see clearly, but I tried to explain it there:

playersearch.png

Thanks yeah i seen what you wrote but didnt know were the technical bit was, only players i'm getting is ones that would be in the game with there current clubs like Flanagan from Liverpool, will keep my eye out on players.

Heres one who I'm nurturing through my system now..

Rated as the 'next Michael Owen', so I expect him to have more injuries than ever in about 3 or 4 years..

gFO16.png

This guy is pretty highly rated too, cost me £300k from Torquay.

y3CVF.png

I got offered this amazing regen by his agent not long after my first season finished, I HAD to have him...

davidsilvau.jpg

Cant wait to see him destroy this poor Swiss league, and supposedly he is no where near his potential. The hardest part will be keeping hold of him...

Picked up this brazilian lad for £1m and he's just broken in to my first team in 2013

RochaOverview_Attributes.png

My only problem is where to train/play him - hes natural at MC and AMC, accomplished on the right, with a bit more pace he'd be a fantastic winger.

Picked up this brazilian lad for £1m and he's just broken in to my first team in 2013

RochaOverview_Attributes.png

My only problem is where to train/play him - hes natural at MC and AMC, accomplished on the right, with a bit more pace he'd be a fantastic winger.

Looks to me like he has the makings of a brilliant Amc - Trequartista, just needs to improve a few points on his finishing, composure, anticipation and creativity as he already has the first touch passing and tachnique required to be very good in that role.

Looks to me like he has the makings of a brilliant Amc - Trequartista, just needs to improve a few points on his finishing, composure, anticipation and creativity as he already has the first touch passing and tachnique required to be very good in that role.

Cheers for that, have eventually decided I'll retrain Rocha as an AMR and use him as an advanced playmaker (attack) as I use that role in my current tactics, but always useful to get feedback/views. :thup:

this. I'm so glad about the regens. After a decade or so, world footbal declined pretty bad with the lame regens. I had the best scouts I scouted everywhere yet only a few top teams had good regens and the rest had players with 135-140 ability at the most. That was annoying

Will do guys, only slight drawback on him is he's very weak with his right foot, but still, with stats that good I don't think it matters too much. He's 3rd choice behind Daniel Sturridge and Khouma Babacar at the moment, but he'll be getting plenty of run-outs... I'll post another screenshot in a couple of seasons to show how he's developing. I've put him on my free-kicks and corners so I'm sure he'll get a lot of assists.

Bloody hell, that's the best looking 17 year old I've ever seen and I've seen a plenty! Congrats reflection!
Reflection, he looks pretty darn special. Those physicals are insane for a 17 year old! :eek:

Plus, a finishing of 19, heading 19, and composure of 16 (which could all rise further)

Insane. Keep us updated on how he performs ;)

They are defiantly not the finished article, lots of key attributes that are 10-12, and a lot of attributes they don't need being too high, but very good for 18 never the less, they just need to develop a bit more, and some attribute re-balancing, with age and training.

Striker

2011102800003u.jpg

Center Half

2011102800006.jpg

Center Midfielder

2011102800005.jpg

Center Midfielder

2011102800008.jpg

Since finding these regens im thinking after the end of this season to dropping my 4-4-2 Diamond and play a 4-2-3-1. Naing upfront with Wilshere behind him, Roth (Screenshot) and Rodriquez (Screenshot) behind them both.

Archived