Tom Cairney

WestHullTiger

This thread needs a screenshot. So here one is.

TomCairneyProfile_Attributes.png

Admittedly this screenshot is from 2018, but this kid is class.

He still justifies a place in my squad (he's now natural in both centre and left midfield for me) 7 years after I bought him for £2m, and we've won the Premier League for the last 2 years. He signed for me when I was still in the Championship and is the only player still in the squad from when I got promotion to the Premier League.

Excellent in an advanced playmaker role in central midfield (probably his best position) or as a winger on the left.

He has chosen to play for Scotland so if they have done it right he should only get called up to the Scottish squad anyway.

Can't believe you took him to Leeds though, ditched him for being small now you want him back!

What can I say, I wasn't in charge at Leeds when the previous management let him go. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Signed him for £3m in my save and he is improving beyond recognition. He is attracting the attention of ALL the big boys, but no firm offers yet (thank god). Have tutored him by Van der Vaart and also from Barry Robson and his stats have just kept getting better and better.

At 21yrs old, he is going to be one for the future of my club and if I can keep him out of the clutches of the Big 4 I will have a star. He is labelled as the next Paul Gascoigne in my save...he just needs to add some more goals to his game.

I am playing him as an advanced playmaker but noticed he is being used by some as a deep lying playmaker....is he more suited to that role in the opinion of others?

• 3 weeks later...

Signed him as Danny Murphy's long term replacement at Fulham, and has come on really well. Scores quite a few "worldies", but he is quite greedy in the salary department. Havn't got a screenie to hand but i'm sure there'll be word on him in one of my updates in the fulham thread :thup:

• 1 month later...

I have him for Liverpool in my 1st season, and he's doing very well. Play him in the central, on either automatic CM or box to box CM depending on other players fitness levels.

Tempted to get him learning from Gerrard, although saying that, i'm tempted to upset the apple cart a bit and sell Gerrard, get the money in and get someone like Pastore or Beladj.

I have him for Liverpool in my 1st season, and he's doing very well. Play him in the central, on either automatic CM or box to box CM depending on other players fitness levels.

Tempted to get him learning from Gerrard, although saying that, i'm tempted to upset the apple cart a bit and sell Gerrard, get the money in and get someone like Pastore or Beladj.

Just my opinion mind you, but that would be utterly pointless. Gerrard makes a great, amazing DLP as he get's older. Pastore AND Gerrard would be good, but one or t'other....not so much. And Selling Gerrard to bring in Beladj....?

• 1 month later...

This thread does not do the kid any justice. He's an absolutely fantastic player, and has recently become one of my best and most important players. Here he is at the end of Season 4 for me (I signed him at the beginning of the game for £6M):

BF1FF8571265BBB99F4B29017805EF1C4B79ED86

Look at those assists in the League, admire that! Absolutely incredible for me. Box to Box midfielder - perfect. Better than Marek Hamsik (who was sold because Cairney rendered him useless!)... can't recommend him enough.

• 3 months later...

Archived