SFraser's Training Schedules for FM10

The original poster didn't create this thread in order to give you the super training.Because there is not super training.

He explained us how we will create the best training for our players.And he explained that excellent.If you read the first 2-3 pages at least you will be able to make your own training which fit better to your team.

So please there is no point to ask for training schedules :p

for example, lets say that your defensive midfielder has already excellent defensive abilities but very poor at playing the ball and you want to train him there...

or your center back has excellent physical attributes and technical but he is very poor in mental attributes...

every player have their weakness and strengths.there is no one training schedule fits all.

No offence of course.If you like you can link your players and team and ask for training suggestion as well.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it seems like great schedules but I have a huge problem with putting my players on a correct schedule. Why? Because my whole team is Under 21 and this means all my 1st choice players are still in a developing stage. Should I put all my players on a developing schedule? I am worried this may ruin their condition?

@EDIT

don't worry anymore, I decided not to use it. I put all my players on developing schedules and after a month I had like 10 injuries + I had too many drops, e.g. my left back improved all his technical skills but one of his most important attribute went down (which is acceleration), weird ;x

• 5 weeks later...
I would image that the theory still applies and it's a case of seeing if any new attributes have been moved around into different categories.

I've checked and some of the attributes have been moved into different categories. The most obvious changes are part of the goalkeeping category split, but there is no longer a category for set pieces and crossing is now a part of the attacking category.

Do these theories of attribute focus/grouping the clicks still apply to fm11? I'm guessing they do, but since the training has changed a bit...

I had a look at the demo and I don't think training has really changed much at all. The only real differences being a change in the number of attributes per category. The rest is pretty much a facelift, different looking screens and more preset schedules but not a whole lot else. The match preparation stuff looks like a separate system altogether that just takes up workload.

My question is, will set pieces cost current ability now that they are off-training?

does it worth to train a set piece by individual training and spend 10% workload on this?

will set pieces will increase by match preparation - attacking set pieces?

will see :p

I think a new training discussion thread should be opened for FM11, but in the meantime I leave here the list of attributes per training category in FM11:

Strength: 4 (work rate, natural fitness, stamina, strength)

Aerobic: 5 (acceleration, agility, balance, jumping, pace)

Tactics: 5 (antecipation, decisions, off the ball, positioning, teamwork)

Ball Control: 5 (dribbling, first touch, heading, technique, flair)

Defending: 3 (marking, tackling, concentration)

Attacking: 3 (crossing, passing, creativity)

Shooting: 3 (finishing, long shots, composure)

GK - Shot Stopping: 4 (one on ones, reflexes, composure, concentration)

GK - Handling: 4 (aerial ability, handling, kicking, throwing)

@Ampalaea4

The specific match preparation, and the whole match preparation thing actually, does NOT increase attributes. It just adjusts (I don't know exactly how though) some during the game inside the ME. For example if you decide to train "attacking set pieces" in the specific match preparation. Then anticipation will be adjust in a positive way during attacking sert pieces, that's it. Anticipation will not be adjust in offensive movement, well it is specific!

Hope it helps

thank you :p

yes your comment was clear and helpful.

So in order to increase free kick or penalties or corners I must sacrifice 10% workload by individual training.. no thank you SI :p

so the last that remains to be answered is whether the set pieces cost CA or not... I think we must wait for the game release and the official editor to test this..

Still early days, but does 10% workload on idividual training have the same effect as 10% workload on normal training?

What I'm getting at is: should we be sending all our youth players onto individual "quickness" training now, and would this be enough of a markup on the standard schedules for younger players to feel the physical benefit.

Using these techniques so far in Fm11 hasn't yielded any success so far

Spent the last day or so reading through this schedule. Have placed a few players on a few different schedules for older, average age and developing players.

Thus far it's disapointing, the players who have developed the most seem to be the ones left on general.

Have tried tweaking several times and holidaying until end of December in order to get the results

Anybody else been having joy with these? Perhaps SI have changed the coding for training?

Using these techniques so far in Fm11 hasn't yielded any success so far

Spent the last day or so reading through this schedule. Have placed a few players on a few different schedules for older, average age and developing players.

Thus far it's disapointing, the players who have developed the most seem to be the ones left on general.

Have tried tweaking several times and holidaying until end of December in order to get the results

Anybody else been having joy with these? Perhaps SI have changed the coding for training?

be sure to read this http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/213696-Guide-to-Attributes-Player-Development-and-the-Effect-of-Training.

before to come to a conclusion about your training schedules :p

training has little to do about player development.It only defines the amount of current ability attributes ask for...

I don't say it is not important, but you cannot compare training schedules between different players, you can only compare different training schedules on the same player

I had a look at the demo and I don't think training has really changed much at all. The only real differences being a change in the number of attributes per category. The rest is pretty much a facelift, different looking screens and more preset schedules but not a whole lot else. The match preparation stuff looks like a separate system altogether that just takes up workload.

will you be tweaking your training for FM11? now TUG has ducked out, yours is arguebably the best out there now.

will you be tweaking your training for FM11? now TUG has ducked out, yours is arguebably the best out there now.

Well in theory the changes to the number of attributes per category should make downloadable schedules obsolete, but I would definitely expect to see an FM11 Training Thread from me at some point. I can't tell you when though, I'm still playing FM10.

Well in theory the changes to the number of attributes per category should make downloadable schedules obsolete, but I would definitely expect to see an FM11 Training Thread from me at some point. I can't tell you when though, I'm still playing FM10.

nice one mate. like i said, your the main man now as far as decent training regimes go. tug has dropped out. i cant wait to see your new schedule.

I've been using the ideas in this thread for my FM11 demo schedules, and seen good results. You don't really need to see a 'new' schedule as such, just apply the principles of baseline/focus while taking into account the new number of attributes per category. I mean ideally you'd almost have a schedule per player (though that level of micromanagement might verge on excessive), so having set schedules for download isn't as effective.

I'm finding using these principles with the new allocation of attributes the training workload at 109 is now two clicks into the heavy schedule. Before it was always medium.

What does this now mean? Most schedules we develop will be putting players into heavy training. Think the guide of total points (90's for Vets, 100's for 1st teamers, 110's for youth) will have to be revised and lowered?

You can make them yourself now following his theory, just change the click per attribute with the one KingJericho posted above.

sure.. i've been trying to make it using his theory.. but we still don't know whether in this version, attributes that were previously not affected by training such as natural fitness or flair iirc, will be affected this time round.. in other words, will the base of Strength be 3 or 4 and Ball Control 4 or 5.. anyone tried the game long enough to notice changes in the 2 attributes?

You can make them yourself now following his theory, just change the click per attribute with the one KingJericho posted above.

Can you copy yours then and place them here? So we can download?

I did see Kingjericho, what he wrote, but I uninstalled FM10 so I can't really check SFraser old schedules, how many times he duplicated the attributes per slider and so on.

I'm experimenting with these thoeries using a few different methods to compensate for the changes in the training system

I'm no expert, but I do believe there has been a few changes to the training system this year, nothing too drastic but enough to require some rethinking.

I've been experimenting with a notion that players ages should determine the training schedule just as much as position. A player at 17 shouldn't be on the same development schedule as a player at 21.

At the moment I'm placing 17 year old players on proffesional contracts on a very very light schedule. Slightly higher than a a youth schedule. Once they hit 18 I will move thier training along.

At 17 I'm focusing more on developing physical skills because they are easier to mould when a player is young, but I must be careful not to overtrain. Strength is reciving more on focus as I want Natural Fitness (if this can be trained and Stamina to improve the most here) Technical skills are mildly important, at 17 the player has a good few years to fully develop these skills and once he has a good level of fitness he can train harder and play occasional games to increase these.

On these schedules I'm placing Tactics on 5 notches, which means each attribute is recieving only 1 focus of training, this is because at 17 a player will struggle to get these skills developed.

Hopefully be focusing on a players Physical skills, this will allow him to train harder once he hits 18-19 and this will then allow him to develop technical skills.

Another thing I'm doing with these young proffesional contracted players is going to sound stupid. I'm ignoring positional based training, meaning that any player is recieving an equal focus of training for defending, attacking or shooting regardless of his position. Once he hit's 18 he'll move into a positional specific training cateorgory.

So far, I'm seeing mixed results. I'm starting to get the hang of the schedules and I'm seeing encourgaing progress. Pogba at United has increased significantly with his physical skills and other skills are also adjusting. Thus far he has been the only success story with this player.

I'm thinking that at the age of 18-19 I'll still focus mainly on the physical side of things still but will be training harder which means that hopefully at this age group players will recieve significant increase to both physical stats and techical stats which means that at 19-21 he can push on even further with his development because hopefully then he can play more football and this will help him develop even more.

My main aim is to eventually develop either Pogba or Morrison to be key figures in the Premierleague by the time they are 23 (the point which techical skills will start to slow down and physcial skills will probably have stopped reciving increases)

I'll keep people updated with the results, although probably some of the people who have discovered these key principles which I'm only trying to wrap my head around now will develop something before hand.

Regardless, I will still continue with my test, FM10 with the player roles model and thorough reading of Tactical Theorums etc made me a tactician, now I want to master training in this FN

interesting thread and i'm going to design some new schedules this evening!

i have a question - apologies if it has been answered already - if you have the slider all the way to the left so the training is set to 'none' - does this correspond to 1 click or 0 clicks for the purposes of this training? and i guess if it is all the way to the right on 'intensive' that is 25 clicks?

thanks

I

Strength: 4 (work rate, natural fitness, stamina, strength)

Maybe it's just a problem of my skin. In training page of my GKs (player personal page->training tab->training graphs, if I select Strength, Work rate is not highlighted.

Can you check please?

Maybe it's just a problem of my skin. In training page of my GKs (player personal page->training tab->training graphs, if I select Strength, Work rate is not highlighted.

Can you check please?

For GK, apparently, work rate is nt trained in STR training.. nt problem wif ur skin cos default skin shows same thing.

So we should just wait from SI to tell us that

1) there's a problem with training were gk are not trained in work rate

2) there's a graphical glitch were gk are trained in work rate but it doesn't appeared colored in that screen

hope 2) :)

interesting thread and i'm going to design some new schedules this evening!

i have a question - apologies if it has been answered already - if you have the slider all the way to the left so the training is set to 'none' - does this correspond to 1 click or 0 clicks for the purposes of this training? and i guess if it is all the way to the right on 'intensive' that is 25 clicks?

thanks

I believe that would correspond to 0 Clicks.

In terms of the GK workrate, I believe this could be something that increased outside of training with the players personality coming into effect.

In terms of workrate, does a high workrate necessarily come as a requirement for the Goalkeeper. I know alot of people believe that workrate is required for training increases, but I don't believe this to be the case.

I believe work rate is all about how much running and how much energy he exerts in a game, for example. A box to box MDF would require alot of work rate in order to constantly track back and make forwards runs. Roy Keane is a player who had a lot of workrate, same goes for Darren Fletcher now. Perhaps Workrate isn't a requirement that makes a goalkeeper shine.

You don't need to work hard, just keep the ball out of the net!

I have made an attempt to port SFraser's schedules to FM11. The Focus used to construct the schedules is based on the spreadsheet put together by ProZone and DocSander which can be found on page 6 of this thread. The only change is that I increased the ATT Focus of wide players to compensate for the removal of Set Pieces and Crossing going into Attack training. These schedules do not include the two injury schedules, nor any of the experimental schedules -- basically, if it isn't in the spreadsheet I didn't do it.

Note, these are totally untested. I made these for myself and thought I'd share since other people seem to be looking for something like this.

Mediafire link

So we should just wait from SI to tell us that

1) there's a problem with training were gk are not trained in work rate

2) there's a graphical glitch were gk are trained in work rate but it doesn't appeared colored in that screen

hope 2) :)

I tink workrate is nt trained cos u dun need it for gk.. just like reflexes and handling are nt trained for outfield players..

I have made an attempt to port SFraser's schedules to FM11. The Focus used to construct the schedules is based on the spreadsheet put together by ProZone and DocSander which can be found on page 6 of this thread. The only change is that I increased the ATT Focus of wide players to compensate for the removal of Set Pieces and Crossing going into Attack training. These schedules do not include the two injury schedules, nor any of the experimental schedules -- basically, if it isn't in the spreadsheet I didn't do it.

Note, these are totally untested. I made these for myself and thought I'd share since other people seem to be looking for something like this.

Mediafire link

cool.. btw, did u keep the ball control to base 5 or make it to 4 cos for fm10 it was 4 cos flair wasnt trained?

Ball control is at 4.

Here's the relevant info, based on the attributes highlighted in the player training panel:

Outfield players
STR 3 Stamina, Strength, Work Rate
AER 5 Acceleration, Agility, Balance, Jumping, Pace
TAC 5 Anticipation, Decisions, Off the Ball, Positioning, Teamwork
BAL 4 Dribbling, First Touch, Heading, Technique
DEF 3 Marking, Tackling, Concentration
ATT 3 Crossing, Passing, Creativity
SHO 3 Finishing, Long Shots, Composure

Goalkeepers
STR 2 Stamina, Strength
AER 5 Acceleration, Agility, Balance, Jumping, Pace
GKS 4 One on Ones, Reflexes, Composure, Concentration
GKH 4 Aerial Ability, Handling, Kicking, Throwing
TAC 6 Command of Area, Communication, Rushing Out, Anticipation, Decision, Positioning
BAL 1 First Touch

Using that spreadsheet is not offering any long term development, I used it straight away on the demo (using the CB developing, 1st team and Veteran schedules) to test, it offers a few green arrows at the first 2 months (in the training progress, no real visual improvement to atts)

The template that was drawn up is a useful guide, and shows you what was being done in FM10 but it isn't going to work on a long term basis.

The removal of Set Pieces and also I think Training Workload is much more easiy to reach heavy from medium has altered the training system quite a bit, it may not be a drastic change, but it brings a lot of the training theories I've read require some tweaking and rethinking.

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but I have it on extremely good authority that the number of attributes in a category doesn't affect the spread of CA throughout the category. The game will always assign CA predominantly to the lower attributes, as it's easier to become passable at something you're rubbish at than to become the best at something you're already very good at.

As such, there is no need to alter your training levels for the number of attributes in each category.