What is your worst piece of business?

Let us know what the worst transfer from a financial perspective is. I don't mean "i bought so and so for 20 million and he only scored once"......I want to know about your purchases that resulted in you taking a serious loss when the player left your club.

My worst is just about to happen.Sotiris Ninis. Bought for 13 million....3 years later is about to leave for $0! Ouch.

Sergio Ramos panic buy to stop a terrible run of form £53million on FM07 - he played 5 games at 5.7 before i got sacked.... well mutual resignation

on FM09 buying £500k worth of AM's for them all to get ratings less than 6 - then to find out it was a bug

A young newgen attacking midfielder for £8 million from Man U. My scouts raved about him, and since Man U wanted so much I figured he would eventually turn out great. Two seasons on his value has plumetted, he isn't close to getting into the first team, and he refuses to go on loan to get experience despite his status saying he is looking forward to it. Total waste of money.

Not much in transfer fee, but I bought Ronaldinho at 32 (his stats were still immense) for 1m, but on 125k a week, bearing in mind my wage bill before I bought him was 400k he was on a huge amount in relation to the rest of my squad. Played a few games quite nicely, got injured, and it was just a downward spiral of injuries where he got worse and worse, culminating in him retiring at 34, by the time he was able to stay fit for the last 6 months or so, he had declined that much through injury he wasn't good enough to play.

Played as Manchester United on FM08... Bought a fantastic scottish regen striker named Duncan McKenzie (was 19 when I bought him) or so for about 50m euros from Celtic... Righto, so kiddo makes his debut against West Bromwich... Injured after four minutes. Broken leg, out for eight months.

Guess what? He made his comeback in a cupmatch against Sunderland... And broke his damn leg AGAIN!

Yea, you already know it... Second comeback, this time in a friendly against some really obscure team from Namibia. Yup, broken leg.

I think he was at my club for four years, he broke his leg three times and suffered from various other injuries the rest of the time... Would've guessed he was Louis Saha's son or something. It was 50m euros and a real high wager straight down the toilet. Worst piece of business EVER. Funny thing is that his injury record was quite clean, tho he had broken his leg once before, my physios didn't say anything about it coming back though. I tried having lightest possible training scheme for him to not be injured... It didn't work.

I released him on free transfer when his contract expired, nobody wanted to buy anyways. :<

micheal owen IRL for newcastle... he has no sense of honor tbh. He has played like 50 games or something for us in 4 years raking in over 100K p/w during that time then aims to leave on a free giving the club no chance to negotiate with him (thats really what is happening)

In FM08 picked up Walter Samuel from Inter for $20M to add some experience to my defence (Hypia was already released, and only Carragher was older than 25!) Played like 5 different kinds of sh*t! Kept him for 1 season where is about 10 appearances had a rating of around 6, sold him to Tottenham for $2.5M, who sold him to Portsmouth in the Jan window for $4M, then he went to Newcastle (I think) at the end of that season. The game died soon after that, would've been interesting to see where else he would've gone!

I signed Kaka for my Man U squad for 48m pounds but he sadly didn`t fit into my formation too well and after the 1st season he had a rating of 6.72 and was getting around 100k pounds per week so i cut my losses and sold him to Arsenal for 35m, for which he has just won the players player of the year..........pfft that`ll be right :(

On FM09:Bought a MC from central Europe for 10M€ and singed a promising Dutch AMC (playing as Ajax) from one of my rivals two week later. immediately the MC got unhappy at the sighing of this Dutch AMC. Responded with that he is in my fist team plans. No worries here. But during my year he went form unhappy to happy because he played most, if not all games, and played very well, but suddenly after the winter transfer window (I didn't buy any players) he has a major concern, he disliked the Dutch AMC, he mainly came on the pitch as a sub for the MC, and requested a transfer, which I rejected, transfer windows closed so he couldn't move anyway.

He kept asking to be transfer listed, which in the end I approved. Then the offers came in, all in the region of 1M€. Now here is the worst piece of business, when offering the contract to this MC I didn't look close enough, he had a release clause of 2,5M€. So the first I could reject, but when they clubs came in with 2,5M€ I only could accept and the player accepted a offer form one of the EPL teams.

So I loose a good, still young MC, who plays very well and loose 7,5M€ with in one year.

attention point for me, have a look at the contract you offer and don't just press confirm and don't do this when drinking beer on a friday evening.

I had a pre-arranged transfer (£1.2m which was a club record at the time) for a player to sign on January 1st. He broke his leg in December playing for his previous club. Come May when he's joined me and back fully fit he's complaining I've not been playing him and he requests a transfer. He played in the opening few games of the following season but kept whinging despite playing well telling me wants to leave so I punted him in with the Youth Team and he'll be sold in January.

On FM09:Bought a MC from central Europe for 10M€ and singed a promising Dutch AMC (playing as Ajax) from one of my rivals two week later. immediately the MC got unhappy at the sighing of this Dutch AMC. Responded with that he is in my fist team plans. No worries here. But during my year he went form unhappy to happy because he played most, if not all games, and played very well, but suddenly after the winter transfer window (I didn't buy any players) he has a major concern, he disliked the Dutch AMC, he mainly came on the pitch as a sub for the MC, and requested a transfer, which I rejected, transfer windows closed so he couldn't move anyway.

He kept asking to be transfer listed, which in the end I approved. Then the offers came in, all in the region of 1M€. Now here is the worst piece of business, when offering the contract to this MC I didn't look close enough, he had a release clause of 2,5M€. So the first I could reject, but when they clubs came in with 2,5M€ I only could accept and the player accepted a offer form one of the EPL teams.

So I loose a good, still young MC, who plays very well and loose 7,5M€ with in one year.

attention point for me, have a look at the contract you offer and don't just press confirm and don't do this when drinking beer on a friday evening.

I honestly havent made that money as the last two versions have been easy to find world class players on providing you know what youre doing, i suppose the really last bit of bad business i made was frank lampard for 13 million on 07.

i bought a player for my Rostock side for just under 10million ( Rostocks highest ever transfer fee)

the player was good when he performed but just never did consistently aswell as moaning & homesick, seeing as nobody wanted him, i had to let his contract run out & he left for a fee. :(

My worst piece of business wasn't a failed transfer into the club but actually selling Damien Duff from Newcastle to Sunderland. I desperately wanted to reduce the wage bill so offered him for free. He agreed to sign for them for 30k a week as long as I topped up with 20k a week. I agreed because the way I saw it was reduced wage bill from 60k a week to 20k.

But essentially I'm paying 20k a week just to get rid of him! I'm paying Sunderland to take him off my hands!

My worst piece of business wasn't a failed transfer into the club but actually selling Damien Duff from Newcastle to Sunderland. I desperately wanted to reduce the wage bill so offered him for free. He agreed to sign for them for 30k a week as long as I topped up with 20k a week. I agreed because the way I saw it was reduced wage bill from 60k a week to 20k.

But essentially I'm paying 20k a week just to get rid of him! I'm paying Sunderland to take him off my hands!

I did the same to get rid of John O'shea for United. A nice addition to gameplay, but quite annoying that you have to pay a player NOT to play for you...

Buying mirko marin, gladbach were already relegated so I thought I could get him on the cheap.

Ended up paying £15.75m for him which is steep but he was expected to become a quality bundesliga winger in the future. Come January though and he is out on loan to free spending villa as he questions the importance of his role in the team, after another 6 month loan spell with Wigan his interest in the epl has dried up and I end up selling him to free up some money to real Mallorca for 2m, six months later he is off to title rivals bayern after some stunning form for 5m and becomes signing of the year for them in the season review.

Similar story to one already posted. Didn't buy anybody in a summer so thought I'd get some youngsters in. Bought a regen amc called Anthony Westwood from City for £11.75 and £36kpw he was 17. Now 20 his stats have improved but he's only worth £1.5 and he is nowhere near as good as any other midfielders. I haven't taken a loss on him yet but I'm pretty sure I will do come next summer!!

not the worst bit of business ever but while at blackburn i signed nakamura from celtic for 4mil, however come april i was sacked and was snapped up by wolfsburg. when july came i went back in for nakamura, looking to bring him away from blackburn, where i had to pay 8mil (thats double what i had payed a year before) for the same player but a year older!

You probably don't even realise you have done anything wrong but just for future reference don't refer to Man United as 'Man U'. It was used as an insult by rival fans after Munich

huh do you mean saying man u with a capital U? or both ways?

worse bit of buisness was buying buffon for 90 MILLION!!! with barca and selling him for 10 million......... it hurt it really did

On 08 playing as Ajax i decided to buy Farfan off PSV, not because i needed him but just because i'm the bully boy of Dutch football. Got him for £10m but he's nearly 31 and has been total rubbish for the half season i've had him so far. Only on a 2 year contract aswell so i'm already thinking of trying to sell him for a cut down price.

Mine isn't that bad because players I pay big money for (more than £2M in my current game as Amkar) can usually be sold to foreign clubs for a slightly larger amount. But my story is this:

Before the 2010 season I needed a backup big striker (I play with a big guy and a quick guy up front) and after a lot of searching I settled on a 30-year-old Slovakian, Andrej Porazik (Jumping 16, Heading 15) because I could get him for £350k and my transfer budget wasn't great. He also had Creativity 15 so I bought it was a very good deal. His first season was reasonable, he scored 4 goals in 6(10) appearances and made some assists, but his second season was bad. He started getting injured constantly and only made 1(6) appearances in the first half of the season, scoring 0 goals so I sold him for £30k to a team in the second tier. He scored 3 goals in 2(2) goals and then they released him :p

Archived