Should I wait for 9.3.0?

Should I start a new game now?  

420 members have voted

1. 1. Should I start a new game now?

• Yes - Start a new game now- dont worry about starting with 9.3.0.
    • No - wait for 9.3.0 then start a new game fresh.

Well right now I am sitting playing blackburn, and have some guy (Vogel) in my reserves who I somehow managed to swap to middlesborough while he was out on loan at another club, and now for some reason he is still appearing in the squad list at both my club and mids. I'd say therefore that there are probably still some significant issues with FM09 and it might be worthwhile waiting on the patch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

If you aren't arsed about updated data then I would go ahead and start now. You'll be able to update to 9.3.0 when it is available and continue playing as normal. That's what I'll be doing.

yes same here. myself and my mate will be starting our 1st net game on FM09 next week when he returns from work, iv already done transfers and loans for eng prem teams so we will just add the patch as and when it is released.. which im hopping is this month.

If you aren't arsed about updated data then I would go ahead and start now. You'll be able to update to 9.3.0 when it is available and continue playing as normal. That's what I'll be doing.

Aren't there going to be fixes for the match engine as well? I was having too many issues with it, and decided to wait until 9.3 before re-starting a new game.

yeah, dont worry about the ratings being artificially skewed because of the (depending on which version you're on) ST or AMC bug, which then impacts on fans confidence, player confidence etc.

• SI Staff

As a quick update, 9.3 includes plenty of fixes and tweaks but is still at beta stage, and the code hasn't been locked yet. Once that happens it will be at least 1 week before its released, so you should probably assume it will arrive sometime in the second half of this month if things go smoothly testing wise.

Will there be a version of the patch without transfers for those of us who don't like players purchased in January appearing in the squads from July?

As a quick update, 9.3 includes plenty of fixes and tweaks but is still at beta stage, and the code hasn't been locked yet. Once that happens it will be at least 1 week before its released, so you should probably assume it will arrive sometime in the second half of this month if things go smoothly testing wise.

have you looked at the match engine?

will be gratefull if answered :)

I'd be keen to see FM10 dropped in favour of FM11 being released in September 2010, beta tested, and ready to go a few weeks after the season starts.

I've dropped my 9.2.0 games because the impending patch will likely result in many changes and effects in the game. That said I couldn;t give two ***** about the data update. The game starts in July, so I can;t understand people whining about the database being out of date every time a manager is sacked. I swear some of these people must start a new game every couple of weeks.

Basically the patch is out in 2 weeks!

• SI Staff
Will there be a version of the patch without transfers for those of us who don't like players purchased in January appearing in the squads from July?

Doubtful, but you will be able to choose which database you want to start the game with as usual.

So this means that you will be able to fix the problem with spontanious signed crappy players with extremely high wages on already existing savegames?

Caus' if not i would not say that it is savegame compatible.

• SI Staff
So this means that you will be able to fix the problem with spontanious signed crappy players with extremely high wages on already existing savegames?

Caus' if not i would not say that it is savegame compatible.

Anyone you (or whoever) has already signed in a saved game isn't going to change.

Anyone you (or whoever) has already signed in a saved game isn't going to change.

Oh...thats so sad to hear.... that means that all savegames are basically ruined, since the majority of teams will have crap players with excessive wages. But thanks for the feedback - now i know for sure that i will need to start a new game for 9.3.0. A pitty since my Atl. Madrid game was just getting fun....

• SI Staff
Oh...thats so sad to hear.... that means that all savegames are basically ruined, since the majority of teams will have crap players with excessive wages. But thanks for the feedback - now i know for sure that i will need to start a new game for 9.3.0. A pitty since my Atl. Madrid game was just getting fun....

I don't know what you expected to happen. It's not just going to update all the players in current saved games. It will allow you to continue where you left off. :confused:

so then the good players you signed would be at their original club and you'd lose them. You will lose them, Thought that was obvious.

Doubtful, but you will be able to choose which database you want to start the game with as usual.

So why has SI decided to stop with the 2 patches?, one patch for people who want start a game with the 'data update' and one for people (like myself) who don't want the 'data update' for one reason or another.

Tbh I can't see why the january transfers have to be in at the start of the game (if you start in july), why can't SI just add them as future transfers, so they happen in the game just as they did IRL, or are they legal problems surrounding this?

• SI Staff
So why has SI decided to stop with the 2 patches?, one patch for people who want start a game with the 'data update' and one for people (like myself) who don't want the 'data update' for one reason or another.

Tbh I can't see why the january transfers have to be in at the start of the game (if you start in july), why can't SI just add them as future transfers, so they happen in the game just as they did IRL, or are they legal problems surrounding this?

It's far too much production / testing work to create two versions of the patch these days. I think at last count there were something like 17 different versions to create and test for various things like PC, Mac, WSM PC, WSM Mac, Steam etc which takes up an incredible amount of time. Not as simple as you might think.

Ah, cool. Hadn't realised this (always just picked whatever the default is) so you can pick say the database for 9.2 (or use that as a base to edit) and then play with 9.3 in place?

Excellent :)

I don't know what you expected to happen. It's not just going to update all the players in current saved games. It will allow you to continue where you left off. :confused:

I dont know. I am not a game developer. I do not know what the root cause for this problem is, or whether it could be reversed. I dont know whether you could run a scrip based on player current ability, sign on date and extreme high wages wages and then at least adjust their wages down. One of my ideas - not being a game developer...

My suspescions has told me that you will probably not be able to fix it - and now you have confirmed it. What i do know that most savegames on the planet are more or less ruined, since crap players are taking up the wage budget due to this bug. Lousy players that would never get anywhere near the 1. team are suddenly cashing in £70K a week. I am definitely not going to continue a long term game where this issue exists. And that is really dissappointing, that we find ourselves in february 2009 with all savegames now more or less ruined.

If you aren't arsed about updated data then I would go ahead and start now. You'll be able to update to 9.3 when it is available and continue playing as normal. That's what I'll be doing.
What do you suggest those of us do managing in Spain where the B/C contract bug in 9.2 has completely ruined our finances? Keep patiently waiting or return the game? It was probably naive of me to think a new a new patch would be out near the beginning of February.

It seems the better option for me is to cut my losses and get a refund. I've been a loyal SI customer for 5 years, and feel I deserve better than waiting over 2-3 months for a fix to a problem SI created that ruined my game...

I do appreciate that you are taking the time to respond to posts here, and that we have some feedback from SI.

Edit - Just saw that the patch is hopefully out sometime during the end of February. I think that is unacceptable to be honest that you wait over 2 months to fix a problem like the B/C contract bug just because it is convenient to combine it with the data update patch. If you have a problem as large as the B/C contract bug it is your responsibility to fix it in a timely fashion, and not wait until it is convenient with another patch release.

Good to know at least that in the future I can expect this kind of future "service" for SI and that it is acceptable for one of the major leagues to be unplayable. This was probably the last FM I've purchased.

I am assuming he is talking about the same problem I just brought up in Spain with the B/C team contract bug. The assistant manager automatically signs very poor players to massive contracts of around £80,000/week on a weekly basis.

We were probably hoping that there would be way for SI to identify the players automatically signed by the assistant manager and negate those contracts. Not just that 9.3 would update rosters to the current ones.

And if it doesn't do this then I've lost the only long-term game I have the time to play due to a defective product.

Stop complaining.
Right. Because I have no right to be upset that at a defective product (patch 9.2) that ruined my long-term game, 2 months of playing time (as I want to play in La Liga), in addition to complete silence about when the problem would be fixed. I disagree. Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the B/C contract bug, but it completely ruins games in Spain. I don't have the time or the heart in me to start another game as I only have time for one long-term game for each version of FM. I think it is fair to get upset that I was able to play so little for the money I put out.

I've never complained about CM/FM before and always defended it, but I certainly have a right to show I am unhappy with their behaviour regarding patch 9.2.

Stop brown nosing.

lol - to be honest I only want AI teams to have more intelligence when buying players (they have to play new signings and not put them in the reserves) and for the 'bojan bug' to be fixed. That and along with slight tweaks of the match engine, I will be very happy.

I bought the game a couple of days after release and patched it accordingly. Then I trawled thorugh the forums for ideas & inspiration and for the feedback on the latest patch to see if things were fixed or still to be fixed. I've still to start a game on FM09 because patch 9.3 will be coming out. Hopefully that will fix 99% of things and I can embark on some games or a career game.

Patiently waiting and still looking forward to playing the new version in the latest release of a fabulous gaming series.

The key thing I want fixed is the match engine. Defenders making the same mistakes game in, game out to allow the AI to score the goal they need, I'd rather the AI beat me with football and not mistakes. I'd also like for my strikers to be able to score goals, one or two out of every twelve or thirteen chances is rather poor, especially with world class forwards. Also Arsenal need toning down, they can barely keep top four in real life, yet in FM they storm the league with 90+ points each year.

Archived