Unrealistic Transfers

Has anyone else noticed that on FM08 seemingly unknown or 'average' players get bought by AI clubs for HUGE amounts of money and that it often takes over the top bids to have an offer accepted by an AI club??

E.g. Jack Hobbs and Craig Cathart are two players on mine that got sold for over £20 million each and my offer of £100 million for bojan was rejected (he had min fee release clause of £636 million ?!?!)

Please feel free to add any more examples

A very very very well covered topic in these forums. What is going to happen when they get the transfer system right and sort out a few of the other common gripes? People will have to start moaning about the little things.....

"the colour of the Palermo pink isnt quite right! How can i play such a shoddy game?"

Scott Brown from Celtic to Spurs for £16m (i have hated spurs so much for that sale... I always manage Rangers and lifes easier when my main rivals dont get handed a rediculous offer like that).

Having said that though...

Maurice Edu from my Rangers team to Arsenal for £32m, and he hasnt played a game in over 2 years for them.

Kyle Lafferty from my Rangers team to Newcastle for £20m, hes doing ok actually, but ive got a buyback price of £5m on him... might steal him back.

*should note im playing with FM weedgies latest update... its supposed to be more realistic... lol*

on almost all my saves(with 8.0.2 patch), and beying a romanian, i was following the star players from my country...and i noticed that adrian mutu has been sold by fiorentina(in 80% of the cases)for over 35 million $(cause i use since i first played the game, in 99, only the $ currency)...i made saves at fiorentina and managed to sell adrian mutu after 1 season(where he scored only 9 goals and had 16 assists) to liverpool or arsenal(noticed that this 2 teams wanted mutu in 99% of the saves)for a "merely" 65 million $

I find it weird when Chelsea buy Mutu, i mean come on...

Most people see him go to Arsenal. He went to Liverpool on my game. They paid £30 million for him, then paid £67 million for David Villa. Crazy.

That was another one I remembered. Same game as my previous post, Man Utd also signed Gareth Bale for about 22 million. Played him twice in his first season there.

Steve Coppell was the manager at the time...

Scott Brown from Celtic to Spurs for £16m (i have hated spurs so much for that sale... I always manage Rangers and lifes easier when my main rivals dont get handed a rediculous offer like that).

Having said that though...

Maurice Edu from my Rangers team to Arsenal for £32m, and he hasnt played a game in over 2 years for them.

Kyle Lafferty from my Rangers team to Newcastle for £20m, hes doing ok actually, but ive got a buyback price of £5m on him... might steal him back.

*should note im playing with FM weedgies latest update... its supposed to be more realistic... lol*

Is this not impossible? When selling a player you can only set the buy-back as the price your being given you can't set it to lower than the£20mil you sold him for. So surely if you can buy him back for £5mil then you actually sold him for £5mil?

No, just smarter than Damien Comolli :p

But not smart enough to get the fee right.

People may laugh at the fee, but I bet his goals to minutes on the pitch ratio is every bit as good as Crouch and Defoe at the moment and I wouldn't bet against him being one of the top English goalscorers in the Prem again this season. If we get that sort of service from him for the next 3-4 years people will forget about the fee.

Sold Armed Traore to Barca for £42 Million.

Bought Silva for £70 Million

Bought Nasri for £37 Million, sold him a year later for £44 Million

Bought Pandev for £19.25 Million, sold him 6 (!) seasons later for £35.5 Million.

Seen Hugo Llores sold from Barcelona to A.C Milan for £68 Million (for a GK!).

Its poor at the other end of the spectrum too, I sold a rubbish player who was valued at £16k for £100k!

I offered him out at £16k, if teams offered money, I rejected everything and offered him out at £25k, if teams offered, I rejected and offered him out at £40k...etc....etc.

The way the AI value players seems random, its either on CA, PA or random. it never seems to be on performances, which you'd think would be the key thing!

Archived