Agents Videos

I forgot all about those

Me too.

I was offered a player whilst at Liverpool on '07.

Can't remember who he was though, he was Spanish and from (strangely enough) Atletico Madrid. It might have been Ignacio Camacho but I can't be certain.

They should come back on FM09, would be good on 3D. :thup:

There is something like it in FML. You can click on a player and it has X amount of highlights on that player. Goals, crosses, i can't remember it all in detail as i quit a few months ago.

So, going along with the theme of 09 where a few of the FML features have been implemented...You never know.

I was only ever offered crap players from lower division clubs for some reason.

Possibly cos no good players wanted to join me at the time :lol:

Yeah same here, they were clearly worse than the worse players I had on my team.

Id expect some up and coming stars from low rep leagues like Romania or Hungary to be offered instead of L2 journeymen.

To be honest I always found the feature had a lot of promise but every player that was ever offered was never good enough for the team I was managing. I also find that in '08 whenever I send a scout/s to look at a tournament that they players they recommend are mostly not good enough for my squad let alone first team even though my scouts had a worldclass reputation. Another thing I found is that whenever you scout a player (well maybe 99% of the time) they are suggested as 'would be the fourth best striker at the club'. Admittedly I am talking about my long save game which is Man Utd and that they have very good players but even taking that into account I would have thought that the scouts would be able to only suggest players that would improve my squad! Anyone else had this?

To be honest I always found the feature had a lot of promise but every player that was ever offered was never good enough for the team I was managing. I also find that in '08 whenever I send a scout/s to look at a tournament that they players they recommend are mostly not good enough for my squad let alone first team even though my scouts had a worldclass reputation. Another thing I found is that whenever you scout a player (well maybe 99% of the time) they are suggested as 'would be the fourth best striker at the club'. Admittedly I am talking about my long save game which is Man Utd and that they have very good players but even taking that into account I would have thought that the scouts would be able to only suggest players that would improve my squad! Anyone else had this?

I'd rather my scouts come back with a tournament with player reports, suggesting that they had been looking rather than nothing at all, which leads me to question what they were doing there at all

I'd rather my scouts come back with a tournament with player reports, suggesting that they had been looking rather than nothing at all, which leads me to question what they were doing there at all

Granted, but what is the point of saying that player x would be the fourth best striker at your club? A worldclass scout should say that he didn't see anyone good enough for your squad! As a manager I don't care if player x would be the fourth best striker, he wouldn't because I wouldn't sign him (that is unless he was young and showed the potential to be as good as my current best striker)

it was a funny feature but that's just sugar coating because the agent will show you only their best moments and you would think ohhh he scored a hattrick yeahh i will definitely buy this guy and then he turns out to be a striker with less then 10 goals a season which is realy bad in my opinion at any level (mentioning he plays 70% of the games as a starter)

it was a funny feature but that's just sugar coating because the agent will show you only their best moments and you would think ohhh he scored a hattrick yeahh i will definitely buy this guy and then he turns out to be a striker with less then 10 goals a season which is realy bad in my opinion at any level (mentioning he plays 70% of the games as a starter)

Well that is the same in real life really, agents often send videos of a player to possibly interested clubs. The videos are likely to feature the brightest moments for said players. It's up to you to take it from there, you're not supposed to sign anyone just because of the video, but you can scout the player if you've seen something that interests you.

well yes you're right but in many times it is a waste of time sending a scout to look for the player then getting back an awful report ,the transfer window is slowly closing and you remain without a key component for your relegation battling team in south africa's second division (just to say my example :D)

• 6 years later...
  • Administrators

I quite liked these but yeah, agree that very rarely was it a player actually worth watching. Would probably work better with a lower league team with limited scouting resources. Would need a lot of work, but never say never.

Archived