Your first action as a FM09 Manager?

So we have discussed what teams we would like to be in our first journey into the FM09 world...but what are you going to check out or do first, as a FM09 manager?

I personally will be sticking in dozens of transfer bids for players I probably don't even want, just to see how the transfer system has been improved (of course providing it has at all).

How about you?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll dive straight into a tester season, where i work out what's changed. Then at the end of that season, i'll start again properly.

Probably do this with a team with lots money (Real, Chelsea, Man City etc.) and then when have worked out what is different and how everything works start my proper game with Spurs

i'll start as the richest possible club which i guess is man city now and do a 5 season career with them to get a feel of the new game.

the first thing i'll do is check out the new features and give the game a good running. after that i'll start properly with my beloved inter and after that i'll start with leeds :)

i'll take newcastle 4 sure n show that fat chaiman n denniss the menace how to handle a club!!!!!!

Don't suppose you can do any worse than king Kev who's threw in the towel for a second time.

I'm a little casious about "what to do when I get it" since it's probably more than 2 months from now. I can barely hold it together untill tomorrow's announcemnt for christ sake :D

Oh my god something just occured to me... If the announcement announces some really kick-ass features that I'll be dying to try, I'm gonna go absolute crazy when I have to wait for 2 full months... Oh god!

But but but, I'll probably spend a few hours just looking at everything. Especially looking at players and their stats. I'll run some tests to get a feel of the match engine and how tactics work and then I'll probably launch my first game as some bottomtable EPL side.

People getting so excited by

a) How the real life transfer deadline will affect their FM life

b) An announcement of features that will be in the game whenever it is released

Neither gets me excited at all => I must be getting old...mind you, I hate football and everything connected with it at this exact moment so that probably doesn't help! I get excited by new features when I actually have the game infront of me, but not before. As for transfers, there's an equally high chance, in general, that the clubs I like and might manage have sold players I would get excited about as there is that they'll have bought players I get excited about.

See if it's still as good as impossible to sign Micah Richards.

It's not impossible at all. In my second season at Villa, Everton bought Micah for £26.5mil even though they finishd 9th and some of the world's biggest clubs were after him. As for what i'm going to do. I'm going to start a Villa Career and buy a new striker :D Something MON should of done yesterday.

Despite the fact i dont usually do it i shall start off as a rich club in the demo to see what progressions has been made usually i choose Liverpool so i can play an attacking tactic and Chelsea so i can defend

When the real thing comes out i will manage aberdeen for ever until a prem club comes in for me

i'll start as the richest possible club which i guess is man city now and do a 5 season career with them to get a feel of the new game.

the first thing i'll do is check out the new features and give the game a good running. after that i'll start properly with my beloved inter and after that i'll start with leeds :)

Actually, the richest club possible is QPR. You won't see as much money, but they potentially have more than City.

After picking my rich club to get used to the new game, probably check out the bargains from FM08, see what they are like in 09. The likes of Stancu and Breno.

i had to fork out 20mil for breno (and in first season), so if thats a bargain then harrods is the new pound-stretcher.

how much did you manager to get him for? (we are talking about the bayern CB yeah?)

No different from every game I start:

1. Go through the team and identify which formation and tactic I want to use.

2. Go through the team and identify which positions I want to strengthen.

3. Select players for the transfer list and offer them to clubs.

4. Setup training and identify what type of coaches I need.

5. Start offering contracts to coaches and bidding on players.

6. Setup scouting.

7. Configure the manager options.

8. Ask board for feeder club.

9. Arrange pre season friendlies (if necessary).

10. Setup tactics.

11. Press continue.

No different from every game I start:

1. Go through the team and identify which formation and tactic I want to use.

2. Go through the team and identify which positions I want to strengthen.

3. Select players for the transfer list and offer them to clubs.

4. Setup training and identify what type of coaches I need.

5. Start offering contracts to coaches and bidding on players.

6. Setup scouting.

7. Configure the manager options.

8. Ask board for feeder club.

9. Arrange pre season friendlies (if necessary).

10. Setup tactics.

11. Press continue.

actually you summarized my steps too, thank you :)

I shall make myself manager of the first British and Latin club to win the European cup. Hopefully, we have a few quid in the kitty as we badly need a left back, that will be priority. Get rid of a few duds and get the wage bill down then see about bringing in the next wonderkid if the funds are there. Then help my team on to four in a row and onwards to ten:D

I shall make myself manager of the first British and Latin club to win the European cup. Hopefully, we have a few quid in the kitty as we badly need a left back, that will be priority. Get rid of a few duds and get the wage bill down then see about bringing in the next wonderkid if the funds are there. Then help my team on to four in a row and onwards to ten:D

I'll certainly be taking up the reigns at Celtic again on the new game, still going for 9 in a row on my current one (almost there now, going to be weird leaving behind all my hard work and starting again though!). Shame though that Rangers will probably make it through the UEFA Cup qualifiers on the new game lol.

Archived