is this normal? striker's scoring issue

I tried to explain problem here but with my poor explaining in english, thread didnt have many replies

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/286561-what-should-be-better-in-new-patch?p=7296298#post7296298

Problem is that strikers score way too much.

Proof--->

33856326528830476991424.jpg

unledan.jpg

unledrqm.jpg

Okay, this Neto guy is a beast, but it is not real. It would be real if he score, lets say, 36/44 or something like that, but every season with every striker (that is pacy) - I can score a lot.

For me, the worst thing ever would be to have ME that dont suit strikers (like it was in FM 2009), my fetish is to have more goals than apps, but I want it like an Ultimate Goal, accomplishment like it was on FM 2011 - it is hard but with right striker in right league in settings that clicked in right way.

Here it is with EVERY striker, every league, etc.

I'm afraid if SI would change this that it would become like FM 2009, but the best thing would be like, as I said before, FM 2011, where is hard but possible.

Unfortunately, this game NOW is best arcade manager ever. I really hope that new patch would be made soon to change AI transfers, general hardness and this striker issue. Than it would be best simulation ever.

I'm aware it is not easy to make everything perfect, on some things that are not so mportant I "turn a blind eye", but I believe this is very important issue and really hope SI can change it.

Cheers.

There are two threads with nearly 1500 posts on game difficulty. Many people have your issue. We can only hope SI hears us and are able to do something about. For now, you will only feel challenged if you go to a crap nation rating-wise like Finland or Serbia and try winning the Champions League from there. It should give you more of a challenge than playing Sporting - I know it isn't a perfect solution but it's something.

...Your regen is a beast!

The regen is totally believable - he's probably better than messi and ronaldo, and he's playing in the portugese league!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd imagine he'd score that many goals if not more!

Although obviously Welbeck just wouldn't score that many goals.

You do realise that out of those 1500 posts about 1400 of them are against difficulty levels?

This isn't a problem that would be solved by difficulty levels. The fact that pacy strikers get so many goals is a fundamental problem with the match engine. Quick players are too effective and have been for the last few years.

TOTALLY agree with this. I see the same goals scored by pacey strikers all the time - receive the ball with back to defender, turn defender, score. Whether it's the match engine its self, or the AI of the defending team, either way it's too easy.

i hope this is resolved, it's the same with fifa

fast players with strength are better than skillfull players who may not be as strong and fast

strikers score too many goals in general, but if u have a decent poacher it's going to be a 40 goal season!

You do realise that out of those 1500 posts about 1400 of them are against difficulty levels?

This isn't a problem that would be solved by difficulty levels. The fact that pacy strikers get so many goals is a fundamental problem with the match engine. Quick players are too effective and have been for the last few years.

I'd suggest you check the thread posts again. Not the poll, the discussion in it. I don't care about the poll. I wish the only problem was pace strikers :( ... but yes the pacy ones do score plenty for some reason.

Getting to the point of the OP, then I am afraid this is nothing new. If you have a fast striker, who has a reasonable finishing attribute, then they can really can score an unrealistic amount of goals. I do not agree about the hardness/difficulty of the game, but I do agree, regarding the AI in terms of their ability to compete with the human controlled team in a long term save. These problems have existed for years.... And thus will not change any time soon.

How is Danny Welbeck 21 in 2018 but your regen is 25?

This was Welbeck first season (and I thought this goal ratio is related to my manager skills), you see it says he is loaned. I made screenshot back then and put it on my facebook (again, silly me). This from Neto is 2018 and I made screenshot before few hours.

There are two threads with nearly 1500 posts on game difficulty. Many people have your issue. We can only hope SI hears us and are able to do something about. For now, you will only feel challenged if you go to a crap nation rating-wise like Finland or Serbia and try winning the Champions League from there. It should give you more of a challenge than playing Sporting - I know it isn't a perfect solution but it's something.

...Your regen is a beast!

Yeah, but there is one thing that still makes this game quite playable.

In earlier editions of the game it was harder but once you dominated season, every next year is easy, ultra easy to conquer league. I would always stop playing after few years.

But in this edition, and it makes game playable, it's hard to win few championship in the row.

In my Sporting save, I got 3 league wins and Porto 4. Game is easier, strikers score absurd amount but even though it is harder to repeat it back to back. So, it is 2018. and I'm still into it.

Dont know, what do you think about this guys, do you find it challenging after you dominated season?

TOTALLY agree with this. I see the same goals scored by pacey strikers all the time - receive the ball with back to defender, turn defender, score. Whether it's the match engine its self, or the AI of the defending team, either way it's too easy.

Particularly, I dont see this like a problem beacuse I dont expect ME to be so reallistical. It is not FIFA or PES and it doesnt need to be. It would be better without this patterns but it is not so annoying.

FM should not be and FIFA should be realistic? Are you sure you're on the right forums? ;)

Yeah, In terms of ME. Because FIFA ME must be realistic and playable.

In manager's simulation ME is only mirror of some other things, so it doesn't annoy me if there is some strange goals, etc.

I think there is a balance issue with the very best strikers scoring too many goals. I recall abandoning one game in FM11 because after winning the Premier League for several seasons and the Champion's League a couple of times I was given an absurd transfer budget and used it to buy the two best strikers in the game at that point.

What made me give up was a couple of times one of them picked up on the halfway line at the side of the pitch, dribbled down to the corner flag past every challenge, then along the goal line, beating another couple of defenders, rounded the keeper and tapped into the empty goal. I decided that this was the upper limit for the game: once players reach a certain level it breaks down.

But what's much more important is the overall balance: that most matches finish 2-1 rather than 8-6 or 7-2. So long as that works I can live with top strikers scoring a disproportionate amount of the team's goals, though obviously I'd rather it didn't happen so often. In real life van Persie is on a run of nearly thirty games at roughly a goal a game and that's about as good as it ever gets. (Though as a a Spurs fan I still remember the season Clive Allen scored 49!) Whereas in FM you'll often find top strikers get 40 in thirty. But how to change that, get more of the goals from midfielders without messing up the game balance, is I suspect much easier to want than achieve.

Van Persie is as good as it gets in real life , yes, but even though, I want it to be often in the game.

I grown up on FM and CM series where striker could get more goals than apps and it is fun to me. Wouldnt liked the game if it is other way around.

When game is realesed first question for me is always: "Is it possible to score a lot with striker?".

So, I want this to stay in the game but only when it is really good player under right guidance with right tactic and when everything else clicked in right way, lets say every three seasons like it was on FM 2011 where it was challenge. And to be normal numbers of goals/apps ratio.

But reason that I opened the thread is that it is AWFUL, boring and way to arcade when it is with every decent striker when you play deep defence, low tempo and through the middle. It is just not right to score 23 in 9, or this Welbeck statistics, it is just not right. It is not challenging enough.

If SI changes the length and power of Very Good and Superb morale runs, goalscoring like this will become rarer. Goal droughts will also be rarer as they will also fix Abysmal/very poor morale runs.

That is what they are working on now, according to PaulC.

I think this issue is also related with the amount of ccc that a team can create with a pacey striker.

In my current save, playing with Benfica, i use Cardozo upfront.

His a great striker, really overated in FM, but his kindy slow (11 for accerelation and pace). When watching the game i can easily sopt 4 or 5 situation per game that, if Cardozo was a little more faster he will get a easy ccc. But, because his slow, he will get caught by the defender.

So, with pacey strikers... those situations are always exploited.

The main problem, imo, it's not that accerelation and pace are overated in FM, but that positition and marking (for defenders) are underated. In real football, usually the defender is always slower than the striker, but he compensate this with a good sence of position. In FM, even top class defender, cant do that.

A goal a game is a remarkable feat for any attacker at any level especially when a player does this over the course of an entire season.

I do agree that with world class players, it can be all to easy to accomplish. I mean, I've had the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Villa, Rooney, and regens just as talented and just as fast as them. I've gone through multiple seasons where they score 30+ (40+ for Ronaldo. The man is a tank. He's like Agbonlahor but with good technical attributes) goals a season easy.

Ironically though, when I sell these players, there never score anywhere near as much as they did when playing for me even when playing for teams as talented as mine.

Currently, Cristiano Ronaldo is playing for a barcelona side that contains Fabregas, Iniesta, Aguero, Muniain, Di Maria, Canales, Torres etc. They are stacked but in the 3 seasons he has been there, Ronaldo has only scored in the mid 20s.

Oh and I've got to say one of the things I learned very quickly was that speed kills. Agbonlahor and Olic taught me that.

The main problem, imo, it's not that accerelation and pace are overated in FM, but that positition and marking (for defenders) are underated. In real football, usually the defender is always slower than the striker, but he compensate this with a good sence of position. In FM, even top class defender, cant do that.

It mostly falls apart with the defensive line movement. There's a very rigid system which means that the DL moves up when in possession and backwards when not. The problem is there's no individual anticipation involved. Most of the CCC's for pacey strikers come when a long ball is played from deep. In reality the defenders can see that happening and act accordingly i.e stop pushing up or play the offside trap. In FM it's only about reaction. Also, the accuracy of passes/headers over the top/through the defense is too high and the strikers are too good at timing their runs.

It mostly falls apart with the defensive line movement. There's a very rigid system which means that the DL moves up when in possession and backwards when not. The problem is there's no individual anticipation involved. Most of the CCC's for pacey strikers come when a long ball is played from deep. In reality the defenders can see that happening and act accordingly i.e stop pushing up or play the offside trap. In FM it's only about reaction. Also' date=' the accuracy of passes/headers over the top/through the defense is too high and the strikers are too good at timing their runs.[/quote']

Good summary, and I want to add that my pacey striker gets waaay to many goals (really, shouldn't get any) by beating the offside trap when the opposition goalkeeper hits a goalkick right at my central defence. I mean, honsetly, do you often see a DC setting the FC up for a one-on-one via a header?

Well, one thing to remember is you're playing in portugal, which while it is a good league, it's probably got weaker teams in it than the EPL beyond the top few. Still, that is a lot. But It could be a case of them needing to "fix" your tactic to make it less potent, If thats possible :p

I think players physical are to predominant in the game. If you take a random striker with high strengh, acceleration, pace and stamina, he will score loads of goals for you. No matter what his finishing, heading and other stats are. Welbeck is a great example of that.

Archived