Officially give up now. Can i get REFUND?

100 Euros?

If the game is not running after a successful download, try looking in the FAQ thread where many issues are covered.

Listen i cannot download it. It wont show up in my library on my MAC. Only on my PC. FM2010 worked fine on the mac

Listen i cannot download it. It wont show up in my library on my MAC. Only on my PC. FM2010 worked fine on the mac

Have you tried un-installing Steam on your Mac and then re-installing? I know that's worked for a couple people so far so could be worth a shot.

Have you tried un-installing Steam on your Mac and then re-installing? I know that's worked for a couple people so far so could be worth a shot.

Tried it already. Doesnt help either. not a good way to start the weekend.

And i have tried STEAM. They dont answer me

How did you manage to pay for it twice?

I bought the game on my original account. I didnt show up in my library on the MAC. Tried on a PC, it was there, but i cant play on that one.

I made a new account, bought the game again. Same problem.

I bought FM 2010 exactly this way. Steam Supports not answering at all. Now i just want the money back, so i can go down to the store.

Tried it already. Doesnt help either. not a good way to start the weekend.

And i have tried STEAM. They dont answer me

Did that include removing cache files etc from:

- User > Library > Caches

- User > Library > Logs

- User > Library > Preferences

- User > Library > Logs

Haven't removed any cache files. Didnt really think that would be nescessary to play the game. Can you tell me more about that?

Haven't removed any cache files. Didnt really think that would be nescessary to play the game. Can you tell me more about that?

It's worth deleting the Sports Interactive folders from there. I don't know how relevant to your issue this is but it's worth uninstalling Steam clearing your cache etc and even maybe checking that there's no folder left in You User > Library > Application Support > Steam so that you've completely removed it and any reference and see if a re-install will then sort this.

Go into Library > Games in Steam and try switching option in the Show drop-down right above the games list. It may be set to something on your Mac that hides FM11.

Also a very good idea incase it's a filtering issue.

- User > Library > Logs

I deleted these files... ALL my games dissapeared from both of my accounts.

Im gonna go to the store and buy it, but i need a refund. I cannot find a phone number to steam, so how do i do it?

I deleted these files... ALL my games dissapeared from both of my accounts.

Im gonna go to the store and buy it, but i need a refund. I cannot find a phone number to steam, so how do i do it?

No need to purchase it for a 3rd time, we'll get to the bottom of this! Best to start from square one and I appreciate you've already done most of this but uninstall Steam then check to make sure that there's no FM11 folder in You User > Library > Application Support > Steam > SteamApps > Common > Sports Interactive.

Then re-install Steam and check your library to see if you can then right-click and install the game.

Give him a break people. He's frustrated that his game is not working and I think that can be understood. Perhaps his posts lack a certain level of clarity or fullness but the same could be said of all the people making smart-ass comments.

Let's give him a chance to explain what's going on and help before judging.

the guy is looking for help from si, not from the flamers on here. same ol community that are looking out to flame someone that is just genuine. Maybe he brought the game twice because he just wantedd the dam game to play over the weekend? why would that be aproblem?

You need to wait for steam to automatic register your payment if the game did not get added to your library.

Its happens sometimes

The game will show up eventually.

Thanks for the help..

I went to the store and i am installing it now. I wrote an e-mail to the Steam Support and asked for a refund. Hoping for the best.

Well I hope your hard-copy install goes well though shame you've ended up buying it 3 times. Not sure how successful you'll be with getting a refund from Steam tbf but good luck :thup:

Sorry for being OT,

Had to point this out.

"s33r

Part-timer Join Date

14th November 2003

Bristol, UK

1,337"

grats on the leet post count. :p

Didn't notice till you posted and have, rather sad I know, taken a screen shot for posterity.

I have had the problem once where the game doesnt display. It took 24 hours due to the sheer amount of traffic on the servers.

It will appear but now you have got a hard copy wait for steam to sort out refund there end

It isnt anything to do with the installation of your steam application or the caches as far as im aware

Hope you get it working mate

really... I've never heard of Steam giving refunds! Hope they do in this case :)

They do give refunds, but very rarely, and I 100% guarantee that they wouldn't do it in this case.

I know this for a fact because I have had this exact same problem before.

About 2 months ago I bought Left 4 Dead 2 and it didn't show up on my account, so I waited a day see if it would show up, it didn't. I emailed steam support to ask for a refund and less than an hour later I got an email back saying that they don't do refunds but that they could see that the payment had gone through on my account but for some reason the game hadn't been added to the account. Less than an hour after that I got another email saying the game had now been added, they also gave me a free copy of Left 4 Dead 1 as an apology.

Steam very very rarely do refunds, I believe that last time they did refunds was when there was a game released (I can't remember the game) that was so buggy that it was only working on about 20% of systems, so they were giving refunds to users who bought it but then couldn't play it.

Also, in this case I hope to god that Steam DON'T issue a refund as it might teach you a lesson. Steam is a system used by a huge amount of people all over the world, 99.9& of users have no problem with Steam, but like every piece of software ever made, there are problems with it, and every now and then it will play up or something will go wrong. The solution to things like that is NEVER to just buy another copy, you should have been patient and waited a day or 2 for steam to sort itself out, rather than going and wasting another 100 euros to solve a problem that would have solved itself soon.

exactly why I never use steam for the install. Its more expensive, using your download limit and steam customer service is poor

Good old trust DVD in thecase for me everytime

Likely worth a trawl in case someone has solved a similar issue so you can get going - Good luck

mackemforever

Why should he have to wait a day or two for something he's already paid for?

If he purchases it from Steam at 10.00am 5 November 2010 he should get it at 10.00am 5 November 2010 not on the 6th or 7th.

And if steam want to cite busy servers as the issue, then steam should get more servers to deal with the issue as effectivly they're charging for a game they havent provided

Just been looking on the steam forums, some MAC users recommend un-installing Steam and reinstalling to get the game library to refresh. Extreme but worth a try...

and......... from doing a google search it seems quite common for games to be released and purchased then not to appear in the steam Library on a MAC

Just search 'steam mac games not appearing in library'

Hope you get it sorted soon :)

exactly why I never use steam for the install. Its more expensive, using your download limit and steam customer service is poor

Good old trust DVD in thecase for me everytime

Likely worth a trawl in case someone has solved a similar issue so you can get going - Good luck

More expensive you say? http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/smurfdude I got 90% of them while on offer and probably paid a couple hundred quid for them all. Good luck doing that in the shops, or even finding some of them in the shops

More expensive you say? http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/smurfdude I got 90% of them while on offer and probably paid a few hundred quid for them all. Good luck doing that in the shops, or even finding some of them in the shops

I agree.... I got a few games from steam last week for £1.49, never buy them in the shops for that amount.

I think that STEAM will refund only pre-purchase games before the release date, and that's it. Few months back cheated gamers tried to get refund from Steam for horrible game called APB but they had to contact EA

Someone already posted that game will show up eventually...just wait lol

Archived