Will the Game Ship with a Dark Skin?

I don't know why SI don't just make the game with a dark skin then use the light one as optional, My reason because of this is that if you have a look at the community made skins for FM10, The large majority where 'Darker' and they where the ones that where the most used.

I absolutely prefer to use a darker skin as i think you see more on a dark skin compared to a light one.

I'm completely sure that someone in the community will make a top notch dark skin so I'll wait for that.

i love the light skin

i have a light background on my desktop, and this forum is very light, so it all looks great together.

i thuink the guys talking about eye strain need to get outside more... open the curtains etc :)

all that said, choice is a wonderful thing

I thought they had taken it out to decrease the size of the demo, but it would be in the full release?

No Miles has confirmed the game will only ship with the bright skin for some bizarre reason ....... and no sunglasses will be provided either!!

I hope Mark357 who made Vitreous skin will take some time to make a new skin cause for me it was the best skin for FM2010.

About FM2011 white skin, I don't like it...It seems to be an hospital management :( It don't make you feel like a football manager in a football club.

I hope Mark357 who made Vitreous skin will take some time to make a new skin cause for me it was the best skin for FM2010.

About FM2011 white skin, I don't like it...It seems to be an hospital management :( It don't make you feel like a football manager in a football club.

Yes the Vitreous skin was brilliant - great piece of work.

SI have said that the full game will not have the dark skin but that they were looking at it for one of the patches.

I swear why do SI have these vague responses. Can we not get a reason why a dark skin is not included?

Surely the data you guys connected have indicated that majority of users are playing with the darker skin more then the light skin?

• SI Staff
I swear why do SI have these vague responses. Can we not get a reason why a dark skin is not included?

Surely the data you guys connected have indicated that majority of users are playing with the darker skin more then the light skin?

I'm sure it will be mentioned in a future blog

Ter, I know this must be getting boring for you now, sorry - but a valid question is why not have the dark skin as default? We all know the people responsible for the game do well in listening to what the customers want. So it makes me wonder why they use the light skin in the first place - why not do it the other way and release the light skin in a patch if there's a demand? Surely they gathered from last year that the majority prefer the dark one.

just cos lots moan about the light skin doesn't mean most dont like it. the people who are happy have no reason to moan...

Ter, I know this must be getting boring for you now, sorry - but a valid question is why not have the dark skin as default? We all know the people responsible for the game do well in listening to what the customers want. So it makes me wonder why they use the light skin in the first place - why not do it the other way and release the light skin in a patch if there's a demand? Surely they gathered from last year that the majority prefer the dark one.

again, where is this majority?

if we were to assume all things vocally brought about were correct, then Bale is the best left winger in the world, Cahill has the best jumping ever and no FM researcher has ever seen any team play...

again, where is this majority?

I suppose that's a fair point. But then I could adopt the same reactionary attitude as yourself and say prove otherwise - you can't.

Maybe we can agree on this - you'd think with the amount of people saying dark is the preferred choice, someone with the correct knowledge from the developers would say if it was otherwise.

Anyway, whichever is the case, it's only proper that the game is shipped with the skin most people prefer - if it's light so be it.

Before 2010 there were never alternative skins provided by SI, so although I agree that the 2011 skin is far too bright, the skin isn't the biggest thing the developers have to worry about. This forum and the people on it are more than capable of offering new skins and I would be more than happy to wait for one to be created.

• SI Staff

There isn't really any way of knowing what skins people are using. It's always going to be the case that people who want a dark skin are going to be more vocal if there isn't one. It would be the same if there was a dark one and not a light one.

Before 2010 there were never alternative skins provided by SI, so although I agree that the 2011 skin is far too bright, the skin isn't the biggest thing the developers have to worry about. This forum and the people on it are more than capable of offering new skins and I would be more than happy to wait for one to be created.

I agree mate. Still, it's up to us to ask the questions, and it's up to SI to prioritise the fixes. I have to admit I've never used a custom skin from the community. I've read of quite a few instances where some of the functionality or buttons are missing or are there but don't work - maybe that's just in rare cases, I don't know.

To be honest the created skins are pretty good - I have used a few of them. There are a few issues initially, but people are very quick to report bugs and the issues are very quickly resolved.

There is a link for the best of them for FM 2010 here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/163233-List-of-Available-Skins-for-FM2010

I'm sure within a week or so the new skins will be available!

• SI Staff
Good stuff, but am interested what special stuff steam users get. I won't use it and it just seems SI are pushing it more and more every year!

The good thing about Steam is it allows us to quickly and easily update the game and distribute it at the press of a button. Doing the same via a patch is a more complicated process.

It also allows us to update just one file if that's all we want to update whereas patches have to include everything in the previous patches.

Good stuff, but am interested what special stuff steam users get. I won't use it and it just seems SI are pushing it more and more every year!

they're not pushing, pushing it would be not to give you the option ffs

every store has something on special offer if they sell a certain game so why can't SI do this for people going down the steam route?

you have the option if you want the extra stuff or not!

Archived