Franck Ribery

Dunno if its just me but, is Franck Ribery possibly the MOST over-rated playing in FM2010?

Let me explain.

I have fired up games where I have signed Ribery. Saved games i have Ribery playing for, include my Man Utd team, Barca Team and Real Madrid Team.

Signing him is all very well, contract negotiations went smooth, he came without a fuss. What ANNOYS me is, no matter which team I am he ALWAYS can't settle in the ****ING area!! It's unfair that im forking £20-£30m on the ****** and after a few weeks he gets home sick?! He doesnt get home sick in Germany?

I just think he's a waste of money and when i was Bayern, he's absolutly shocking. He's garbage man.

Is this just me?

Why buy him if he's such a waste of money?

Read the thread clearly, i was buying him for different clubs and no matter what, the pussy gets home-sick. What im saying is, does anyone ELSE have this problem with the worlds most ugliest footballer?

I know he's a waste o money now?

If he keeps getting unsettled/homesick, just give him a new contract if you can afford it, or if you can't, then a leave of absence. Either one of these usually sorts the issue out.

I would easily give him leave of absence, but that option is simply not there. Will try the contract (With a grudge) as my estimations of him have went down dramatically!! Lol.

The new contract has always worked for me with homesick players. The homesick issue seems to disappear straight off their profile after they sign. Nothing like more money to help a player settle lol.

I would easily give him leave of absence, but that option is simply not there. Will try the contract (With a grudge) as my estimations of him have went down dramatically!! Lol.

As my thread says, I was Man Utd and he wouldnt stop moaning to get away, and Man City are basically next door? Weird. lol

Yeah but he was unsettled at first for me :thdn: Then he found his feet.

Just got him in my 2nd season with Barca for a bargain £10.5m. His contract only had a year left to run, so as soon as it came to the day of the new seasons expectations his value halved, to my delight. I really didn't need him, but I want to have a team full of superstars for a change with this save. Hoping he plays as well as he did with me as France Manager on FM09, this is the first time I've actually signed him

Why have said he is overrated when all you said is that he cant settle? That has got nothing to do with how good is he in the game. You did mention he was "garbage" for Bayern, but I am currently playing as Bayern and has been a key player for me. He is bound to need some time to settle in, as he is French therfore needing to get used to the style of living and play in other countries.

I have fired up games where I have signed Ribery. Saved games i have Ribery playing for, include my Man Utd team, Barca Team and Real Madrid Team.

Considering 2 of those teams are in the same Country then you would expect the same outcome.

Signing players in his favoured Personnel list may help him settle. Also take a look at the Backroom Advice, the coaches will typically give advice such as "Coach X advises you sign Player X to help Franck Ribery settle in the area". You'll have to accept that some players don't travel well, but there are ways to help them.

I signed him on a free for Liverpool in 2011/2012 season and am in 2016 now, every season he's complained about being homesick and have had to give him a leave of absence. He's now 32 and not first choice as have Aguero, Messi and Gourcuff behind Torres (who I swap with Paloschi and Lukuku)

• 1 month later...

He constantly whinges about my team talks....

0-0 half time, Your playing rubbish, then after making tactical sub, who then scores and we win 1-0,

I say good result, but performance was rubbish.....

Ribery pops along in the press and slags my team talks off, yet I can't do anything to fine him........

So HE'S OUTTA HERE!....

Shame because I thought he was good addition last season

Whingeing PR@T

Why can't I just fine who I damn well like????????

Read the thread clearly, i was buying him for different clubs and no matter what, the pussy gets home-sick. What im saying is, does anyone ELSE have this problem with the worlds most ugliest footballer?

I know he's a waste o money now?

He was involved in a serious car accident when he was younger you idiot.Not many people would come out alive never mind become one of europes top players

Dunno if its just me but, is Franck Ribery possibly the MOST over-rated playing in FM2010?

Let me explain.

Signing him is all very well, contract negotiations went smooth, he came without a fuss. What ANNOYS me is, no matter which team I am he ALWAYS can't settle in the ****ING area!! It's unfair that im forking £20-£30m on the ****** and after a few weeks he gets home sick?! He doesnt get home sick in Germany?

I just think he's a waste of money and when i was Bayern, he's absolutly shocking. He's garbage man.

Is this just me?

how much do you pay for him cause after 2 seasons he is for nothing which isnt a waste cause play him and sell if hes not good enough for you cause i can get the best out of him so i keep him and never gets home sick with me

Well i paid £31.5m for him with Juventus in the year 2011 and he had no problems settling in and managed to score 8 goals in his first season, i was very pleased with that, but since then he hasn`t really hit the heights i thought he would, and i have been playing him in his natural position consistency.

I even turned down a £55m offer from Barcelona 6 months after i bought him from them

Archived