Form based on loading a save?

I might be way off here, but i've noticed a pattern in my form when loading a save. For example, I've just went on a 4 game winless streak (Newcastle (away) - Drawn, Aston Villa (away) - Lost, Stoke (home) - Drawn, Benfica (away) - Lost. I got a bit frustrated, saved my game and quit out. Later on that evening I loaded up, then went on a 5 game winning streak vs. Portsmouth (H), Everton (H), Man City (A), Debrecen (H), Blackburn (A).

Like I said, that was just an example, a similar thing has happened to me quite a few times, and vice versa (was on a winning streak, quit out, and upon next load up, struggled a bit).

I'm not claiming any conspiracy or anything, just found it a bit peculiar and was wondering if anyone else has ever noticed a similar thing?

Here's another myth I'd found incredibly too recurring to qualify for "myth": when your moron players seem unable to get even close to scoring (or opposing goalie is having the match of his life, or they're scoring every awkward shot or directly from corner while your world class pricks don't even know where the ball is), then just....

increase match speed to maximum

Here's another myth I'd found incredibly too recurring to qualify for "myth": when your moron players seem unable to get even close to scoring (or opposing goalie is having the match of his life, or they're scoring every awkward shot or directly from corner while your world class pricks don't even know where the ball is), then just....

increase match speed to maximum

I find that quite the opposite actually. I seem to condede alot more goals and score alot less with the match speed on max.

I find that quite the opposite actually. I seem to condede alot more goals and score alot less with the match speed on max.

Still something seems to change right? And, if you're 1 behind and it's minute 83, what have you got to lose?

I find it a bit strange that all of a sudden they level the game and in 90+2 bang in the winner?

And it didn't happen only now and then...

Still something seems to change right? And, if you're 1 behind and it's minute 83, what have you got to lose?

I find it a bit strange that all of a sudden they level the game and in 90+2 bang in the winner?

And it didn't happen only now and then...

I wasn't really saying something changes, I don't even believe my original post is a genuine case of a bug or anything. Just probably coincidence or looking into it too much!

there must be a bug or something that resets confidence or something evrytime you start up.

My medication can't handle stuff like this - I should really ask for stronger pills.

I agree with the OP, this has been happening over a long period of time. Every game if reloaded always has different conclusions however if you're on a good run and quit when you next return you will no longer be on a good run. The same works in reverse so maybe we phone work/college/uni/wife and tell them we cant quit! :)

• SI Staff

Its definitely not something coded into the game - but its something which has been 'quoted' by users on every single game released by SI.

I have several theories behind this, the main one is simply that often your performances are biased by your 'mood' - to use me as an example if I play when relaxed and rational then I tend to do well, sometimes however sometimes I'll load up my save when stressed or I only have a short time to play - then I tend to be more impulsive and make rash decisions - especially if a match goes against me, at these times I do much much worse generally.

As such yes sometimes I load up and everything goes 'right' and at other times the opposite occurs, but its not the games fault - its mine and how I behave.

this happenss to me often to i was on a 6 game win streak saved it then when reloading it my form was terible drew about 5 games then saved came back later and since then i havnt lost for a long time in the league and i just hope when i go back on later my form isnt poor again

Its definitely not something coded into the game - but its something which has been 'quoted' by users on every single game released by SI.

I have several theories behind this, the main one is simply that often your performances are biased by your 'mood' - to use me as an example if I play when relaxed and rational then I tend to do well, sometimes however sometimes I'll load up my save when stressed or I only have a short time to play - then I tend to be more impulsive and make rash decisions - especially if a match goes against me, at these times I do much much worse generally.

As such yes sometimes I load up and everything goes 'right' and at other times the opposite occurs, but its not the games fault - its mine and how I behave.

Decent theory behind it, also think it may be a bit of what glamdring said.

Since I dont know (obviously) how the ME works cant say if loading a save affects it... (hope not :D)

But it seems to affect other stuff.

Example: one day I was tired, decided to save the game but just before I quit I decided to ask the board for a stadium expansion. They accepted it. I then quit without saving. When I loaded the game in the next day the board refused saying "the board doesnt feel there is a need to expand the stadium". I was ****ed lol. No matter what went wrong here it definitely shouldnt happen.

Either accept or dont. Do I have to reload every time I ask the board for something to be certain or what? :confused:

Usually I only ask when Im 99% sure they'll accept but this one was just weird...

EDIT: Is there some probability attached to this? lol. Because I actually needed the expansion...

I don't know exactly how this game ticks... but it ticks wrong. Too bad there's not much competition for it else we'd be probably either getting some fixes or playing something else.

what a bizarre comment:thdn:

we do get fixes..........we are waiting for the next patch a bit longer than usual...but SI dont have to patch;)

the game has problems but it is the best in this genre by a country mile:rolleyes:

This is an interesting idea and it sounds pretty likely to me. If my side have a frustrating defeat which has me tearing my hair out then I find it's better to turn it off and have a break. If I play on, I usually get even more worked up and make poor decisions (E.g. harshly dropping a player or changing tactics when there is no need) in the next match or two. A clean start a day or two later tends to give me a fresher perspective on things and I usually manage to stay calm and get it right then.

Did have the feeling that what the OP described is possibly true, in FM09. Am noticing it a lot less in FM10.

It depends on the technique of the squad. For squads with high technique they can handle the increased game speed. For squads with poor technique it'd kill them.

It depends on the technique of the squad. For squads with high technique they can handle the increased game speed. For squads with poor technique it'd kill them.

Increasing match speed is like watching video footage of a game in fast forward - the players don't actually move faster.

LOLLLL

This is one of the funniest things I have read here since a while.

If you really believe that, my God...

Im not a programmer, but I do know that the match speed will probably have no effect whatsoever.

what a bizarre comment:thdn:

we do get fixes..........we are waiting for the next patch a bit longer than usual...but SI dont have to patch;)

the game has problems but it is the best in this genre by a country mile:rolleyes:

Bizarre?!?!

They don't have to patch?

Have you been hit in the head or something? Just look at the bugs forums. It's practically flooded.

Why don't you open a thread calling for the patch to never come out?

Wanna see how much meat can your fridge handle?

They don't have to patch....

/facepalm

I find it quite disturbing to actually stay and wait for a patch for 4 months after I bought the game. Else this game is pretty much barely playable.

Other gaming companies would release fixes the next day a glitch is found, even if sometimes it's not really their fault.

All you get from these guys is "it's a known problem... will be fixed with the next patch".

And to add to kingrobbo's comment, FM10 is a lot better than the previous two games were after the final patch, let alone with one patch still to come out.

So we're supposed to take into consideration how previous games by SI were because......?

Where the hell on this games cover does it say "it's already way better than our previous game around the same time of the year"?

How about it should NOT have ANY problems because you PAYED for it? Huh?

No, I'm sorry, this is getting awfully silly.... some of you obvious fanboys are too obvious fanboys.

I'm taking this back tomorrow. It's been too long.

Also note the " :D " smiley used as apost icon. I think he's just messing about ;)

Oof somebody noticed! :D

I save my game after every match, especially if I'm doing well just in case the game crashes

Developed a habit of doing that as 09 and 10.0 crashed quite a bit... crashes very rarely now but I still do it. :p

LOLLLL

This is one of the funniest things I have read here since a while.

If you really believe that, my God...

Im not a programmer, but I do know that the match speed will probably have no effect whatsoever.

I don't believe it! Read the whole thread, I said it's just how I have noticed it, I was trying to negate the point made by somebody else!

Since I dont know (obviously) how the ME works cant say if loading a save affects it... (hope not :D)

But it seems to affect other stuff.

Example: one day I was tired, decided to save the game but just before I quit I decided to ask the board for a stadium expansion. They accepted it. I then quit without saving. When I loaded the game in the next day the board refused saying "the board doesnt feel there is a need to expand the stadium". I was ****ed lol. No matter what went wrong here it definitely shouldnt happen.

Either accept or dont. Do I have to reload every time I ask the board for something to be certain or what? :confused:

Usually I only ask when Im 99% sure they'll accept but this one was just weird...

EDIT: Is there some probability attached to this? lol. Because I actually needed the expansion...

There is some probability/percentage chance/randomness to it, but yours is an unrealistic situation. The same event should never really be played out more than once - it only happens through not saving or the game crashing and then you go through the same events again, but with different random numbers applied.

Back in FM08 I reached the season changeover at Werder Bremen and board told me the usual, that they can't expand stadium because they don't own it, etc, etc. Then I screwed up and lost a week of the game through not saving. When I played through sesson changeover again they suddenly announced the building of a new stadium. Was quite annoying really because I liked the old one (with a proper name) and building the new ones sent us into financial meltdown!!

Hehe this has certainly been true to an extent in previous versions..

However I think it works both ways; ending a losing streak for example.

Also I think a lot of FM is 'state of mind' and I find, as with some other complex games like Paradox stuff, that its hard to remember how you were 'thinking' when you take a break from a save and this can sometimes lead to a sense of wrong. Sometimes it means I cant even get back into a save at all.

Archived