In Game Music Player.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before but what about an ingame media player where you can import songs from your computer into FM! As most of us listen to music whilst playing its just a hassle to keep having to switch windows when wanting to change songs, so why not include an ingame media player!

MediaPlayer.jpg

As you can see above I have inserted a draft media player into the bottom right hand corner but obviously in the actual game it would look better. The playlist button would take you to a screen which lists all of your music and in here you can import music from your computer into the game so to speak.

By having this little media player it saves less time switching windows and allows more time for playing FM!

Share your thoughts please.

Hursty.

Its really not a bad idea, however there might be some issues, it might slow the game down, or there might be some kind of copyright thing, i don't know. what you do is you buy a keyboard with media player controls like mine, then you don't need to switch windows :p. mines expensive, but you can get some really cheap ones with controls on them, like £5.

Its really not a bad idea, however there might be some issues, it might slow the game down, or there might be some kind of copyright thing, i don't know. what you do is you buy a keyboard with media player controls like mine, then you don't need to switch windows :p. mines expensive, but you can get some really cheap ones with controls on them, like £5.

I have a laptop with them control thingies on but I'd like to see what song I'm listening too and also be able to access a playlist.

I can see copyright being an issue but its not SI's music its ours so I'm not sure. I just thought it would be a nice addition to make the have better usability(??)

I am pretty sure this issue has been discussed before. As I recall, the reason for not including it was, that it would slow the game down. And besides it is very easy to just minimize the game and have your own player running in the background

I am pretty sure this issue has been discussed before. As I recall, the reason for not including it was, that it would slow the game down. And besides it is very easy to just minimize the game and have your own player running in the background

True it could slow the game down. But say I'm playing in full screen mode I don't want to keep switching between game and player i just want to be able to click once and change the song.

It would probabably be more of a thing for a full screen player also you'd obviously be able to disable the player :thup:

It is not for me. I always play FM with the TV on, so I would never listen to music on the laptop at the same time.

Yeah I suppose it all comes down to personal preference but I know alot of people play with music because of the lack of in game sound.

I load up winamp, load x hour playlist. Load up FM.

Go!

No real need for an integrated media player into FM, would take valuable resources (both in time as in licensing issues) away from other much more needed parts of the game.

But say I'm playing in full screen mode I don't want to keep switching between game and player i just want to be able to click once and change the song.

there's something called a playlist that auto players songs with shuffle or next on the list.

and even if there was a playlist in FM why would people use it, it wont be good or be used that much.

it wont be as good as windows media where you can minimize windows media into your task bar and windows media has lots of useful features, or listening to music on TV which wont slow your FM. and even a IPOD , MP3 or a phone ect you can listen to while playing FM.

ive got over 700 songs tell me this do you think FM will be able to hold this ? and run smooth as normal...

i dont want to put more then 50 songs in my playlist and worry about the speed that FM will have.

and even if there was a playlist in FM why would people use it, it wont be good or be used that much.

it wont be as good as windows media where you can minimize windows media into your task bar and windows media has lots of useful features, or listening to music on TV which wont slow your FM. and even a IPOD , MP3 or a phone ect you can listen to while playing FM.

ive got over 700 songs tell me this do you think FM will be able to hold this ? and run smooth as normal...

i dont want to put more then 50 songs in my playlist and worry about the speed that FM will have.

I don't think just having the songs there will have any effect on speed, just the loading up of them.

And anyways I was thinking this would be more for full screen players but I guess you lot are right as it would effect the speed of the game.

OP - it is a good idea though to have in future FM's it will be a nice little add-on , some people will use, it some wont.

Yeah it would be personal preference:thup:

Does anyone know how I could have a music like on top of the FM screen in full screen mode?

Yeah it would be personal preference:thup:

Does anyone know how I could have a music like on top of the FM screen in full screen mode?

If you use iTunes there's a program called beantunes which lets you control itunes in game without the need for switching back and forth.

It can be found on here.

Thinking logically, there would be no need for any music or playlists to be loaded into FM - a player would just act as a front end for an external program.

what i would like is some matchday tunes like club anthems, champions league (ignoring the licensing issue!), national anthems etc, or an easy way to load your own into FM?

Is there already some user-made program for this which i have missed?

what i would like is some matchday tunes like club anthems, champions league (ignoring the licensing issue!), national anthems etc, or an easy way to load your own into FM?

Is there already some user-made program for this which i have missed?

People create Soundpacks. There's one just been released (by Bennico i think), may be worth asking them how they do it. I'd tell you if I knew :)

with I tunes, you could just run mini player, and set it so that it is always showing in front of all other windows. Then reposition it to a convenient place on the screen for you and hey presto, you have your in-game media player. Not sure if this would work with other players.

Tbh, though, I do like your idea, OP, but I wouldn't want it for two reasons:

1. It could slow the game down a lot

2. I can see SI spending a lot of time trying to make it better, when really it only needs to be as basic as what you've done in your mock up.

This isn't Fifa Manager.

And what? What is the actual point you want to make? This is indeed not Fifa Manager, this is Football Manager which has excellent gameplay and database but is now implementing other elements as well. Personally i dont see the point of having a music player in the game since it takes about three seconds to minimise FM, change the song on Media Player/Winamp/whatever and restore FM again. If your patronising one-liner was in reference to my suggestion about match sounds etc, these are actual elements of football matches so if we are going to watch endless graphical representations of football matches they might as well include some of the atmospheric conditions which represent the traditions of each club around the world and could make it slightly more interesting to play matches against the different teams in the game! No its not the main reason for playing FM but it would not be a complicated feature to include so why not get it in unless it takes up too much disc space/developers' time/development budget to implement!

I don't know if this is the same for windows, but on a mac, you can set itunes, when in 'mini-player' mode to always be on top. Therefore it gives you your media controls on your screen.

I would hate it if FM had media controls, it would be a waste of processor power!

Archived