aaaaarrrrggghhh Damn you Man City

currently with Liverpool 2015, Man City have spent about 73000 billion on players and ruining the game. stupid money being thrown about for nothing.

they don't seem to be buying many big big name players, but finding all these gems they keep spending silly money on and building a wonder team. does this happen to everyone?

Haha ;) On mine, they just seem to build a new team every season, and yet they still perform rather averagely, its good when they buy a really good player, and then you can buy him 6 months later for a bargain price :p Not that any of their players are good enough for me, they all go to other teams for cheap prices :p

They re-buy the same players as well, i mean.. what the hell is that about? they re-buying Hamsik on mine, i got him off them in 2010 for £11.5m, (they paid £22.5m at start of the game) and i played him near enough every game of the season, and end of the season they bought him back for £38m ... they done it with Zhirkov on a previous save as well.

yeah.. imagine that..

the likes of chelsea and man city going wild spending stupid money on players that dont even play.. pfftt

for example glauber, petrov, parker, tal ben-haim, jo, ivanovic, pizarro .. would never happen in real life would it,.....

Man City are like a parent club for every team in the world in the latest FM. I generally avoid England these days (because Ive played there so much) but I still get news on the big transfers and often City spend 100mil in a transfer window, in my current game in 2012 they have rotated between champions league football and Uefa cup football for a few seasons but finished 10th last season.

I find they buy new players every transfer window, keep chopping and changing, their team never settles and gels and they never become a proper force. I'm in 2016 in my save and City haven't come close to winning the league yet or setting any competition alight. They've only won one trophy so far as well I think.

yeah.. imagine that..

the likes of chelsea and man city going wild spending stupid money on players that dont even play.. pfftt

for example glauber, petrov, parker, tal ben-haim, jo, ivanovic, pizarro .. would never happen in real life would it,.....

Glauber - Free I think

Petrov - you mean Martin? Had a major injury, was only £4.7mil

Parker - Tbf he showed a lot of promise

Ben Haim - free

Jo - well, ok

Ivanovic - this ones reasonable too. But he should play more in future after playing well last season when playing.

Pizarro - free

You chose some bad examples ;)

yeah they seem to buy players you buy off them a year later for double the amount you paid for them nearly always. Really handy if they didn't peform as well as you would have liked or whatever. Bug i think.

Damn why will they not leave Terry alone, Oh your talking about the game :p

Im sure they have made more than a few teams angry in real life, Just like real life you will have to be a biggish team and find players who are not just intrested in just the money. Unfortunately ... money talks.

Robinho 160k a week

Barry 125k a week i think

Tevez 150k a week

Adebayor 150k a week

Im sure they have made more than a few teams angry in real life, Just like real life you will have to be a biggish team and find players who are not just intrested in just the money. Unfortunately ... money talks.

Robinho 160k a week

Tevez 150k a week

Adebayor 150k a week

Their paying Adebayor 150k a week. What has the world come to?

Robinho 160k a week

Tevez 150k a week

Adebayor 150k a week

Their paying Adebayor 150k a week! What has the world come to?

Funnily enough, the only time I was ever up against Man City, or saw their spending power was when they beat me to Vincent Enyeama. After that they haven't picked up on any of my targets, or signed any of my players without me being able to stop it.

Haha ;) On mine, they just seem to build a new team every season, and yet they still perform rather averagely, its good when they buy a really good player, and then you can buy him 6 months later for a bargain price :p Not that any of their players are good enough for me, they all go to other teams for cheap prices :p

Same here

They never seem to do anything of any real notice.

Their paying Adebayor 150k a week! What has the world come to?

Im a City fan, OK his signing didnt exactly make me drive to the town square at midnight parping my horn in jubilation but... - he's a striker - cant remember the last real "striker" we had, he's an improvement on what we have, money is no object. Enough said!

When Hughes signed Santa Cruz he gave an interview during which he stated that he was signing a myriad of players to enable total flexibility for any given match situation - that for me is the FM model, just what I always wanted to do in the game, but in FM tactical switching seems quite unforgiving, time will tell whether it works for City in real life or not.

Not on my save.

In the list of the richest clubs they are #35+ .

They sign 3-4 average (13-18 m Euro) players per season.

Usualy 1st season those players are Love,Srna,but longer you playe they stop buying players ;)

Man City and Arsenal always seem to become the most powerful teams in the EPL in my games. Man City in particular always seem to build up an awesome squad of 30 world class players. I always check their reserves for the bargains to be had at the end of every season.

I think FM should bring in a 'Galactico' type team gelling issue, where sometimes if you spend lots of money on multiple big name players the manager may have difficulty handling all the ego's. I mean Fergie had problems keeping Tevez, Rooney, Ronaldo, Berbatov all happy. In my games Man City always have at least 6 big name strikers, while still playing a 4-3-3! Yet some seem happy to sit on the bench all season.

im in 2016/17 season and i have played man city in champs league semi final , fa cup final and community shield, they seem to be getting worse at the mo, a few years back they were awesome, still got hughes in charge though, that might be the problem lol

I'm in summer 2017, the season has just started and City haven't spent a penny this summer! They're set to lose their left back so then they will buy a replacement but it appears Mark Hughes has heard the penny drop....consistency.

yeah.. imagine that..

tbh. parker and pizzarro did play quite a bit, they just werent very good. i hate people who compare chelsea to man city.

And how are Chelsea any better?

A rich owner came to the club and bought a list of overpriced stars to the club.Just like City.

This made me lol, please go back to watching your barcelona 99 videos.

i'm in 2025 and Man City are the best team. They have only won a few titles since the game stated but also 2 champions leagues and they are currently miles ahead of West Ham in 2nd. Man Utd are 19th having just been promoted (their debt cripples them) both my Burton and Gatheshead teams are doing fine even though i left a few years back.

currently with Liverpool 2015, Man City have spent about 73000 billion on players and ruining the game. stupid money being thrown about for nothing.

they don't seem to be buying many big big name players, but finding all these gems they keep spending silly money on and building a wonder team. does this happen to everyone?

shkatars money is stupid i got 40 mil after one year by sponsor for winning ukraine leauge and cup

OK, here's good example's of money wasted:

Shevchenko £32.8 million

Bellamy The Joke £14 million

Deco £8 million

Kezman £5 million

Veron £15 million

Bridge £12 million

De Jong £17 million

Adebayor £25 million

Crespo £16.8 million

Neil Sullivan £700,000

Del Horno £8 million

How unrealistic...

I think FM should bring in a 'Galactico' type team gelling issue, where sometimes if you spend lots of money on multiple big name players the manager may have difficulty handling all the ego's. I

I tend to have this problem already :o

Actually... that is with pretty much any bunch of new players that arrive :(

Archived