My highest wish for future FM's Adding/removing leagues ingame.

I would really like to be able to modify playable leagues ingame.

I start a game with Loads of leagues, then I get tired of it after a few seasons, because it is running to slow.

Would be lovely if I could choose to unselect some of the leagues I had added, and the changes implemented at the end of season.

Or say I wanted a new challenge so I could add the brazilian league or MLS to the game I am currently running in 2017.

wishfull thinking :) but have longed for this since cm 97/98 :)

perhaps FM11 ? =)

yeah i'd love that too.. for example, if i suddenly get job as poland nt manager, i could add polish league so that i'd have a lot of players to choose from and games/rating to judge.. i wouldn't even care if the squads wouldn't have changed, just the age of players..

I would really like to be able to modify playable leagues ingame.

I start a game with Loads of leagues, then I get tired of it after a few seasons, because it is running to slow.

Would be lovely if I could choose to unselect some of the leagues I had added, and the changes implemented at the end of season.

Or say I wanted a new challenge so I could add the brazilian league or MLS to the game I am currently running in 2017.

wishfull thinking :) but have longed for this since cm 97/98 :)

perhaps FM11 ? =)

they take all things like this on board and then discuss it amongst themselves on how they could implemement it so it might be in fm one day

I think that will mean lots of randomly created players. Similar to regens but in any age. Also somehow fake competition history since the beginning of game.

Considering the top fininshing teams qualify for Europe, they wouldn't have to be completely faked.

I think that will mean lots of randomly created players. Similar to regens but in any age. Also somehow fake competition history since the beginning of game.

They could even leave the competition history empty tbh

Yes please!!!

It's been something I've always really really wanted.

For obvious reasons you can't load every possible league at the same time, but at the same time a new challenge is needed every once in a while, and playing the same 2-3-4 leagues tend to get rather boring after a while.

I don't think it's too difficult to implement it at the start of a new season. The game can either load the default database, then processing and "aging" the players, replacing the retired ones with regens, or just going with 100% newgens... The main thing is being able to shake things up a bit every now and then

they take all things like this on board and then discuss it amongst themselves on how they could implemement it so it might be in fm one day

Don't get my hopes up now! =)

But I agree with el sid competition history is not important to me at all. The possibility to go anywhere is what matters.

And uusinjsh has a great point aswell. :) Would be lovely to get more players if you choose to go into national managment. Holland for instance. A league I random run, but often has great players.

Adding and removing leagues would be awesome, I can never do career games because all the leagues slow down the game so much. This way I could manage all over Europe without having to have 6+ leagues added.

Well I often change my league loading preference and its annoying to have to stick to whatever I thought I wanted when I got the game as I've stopped starting saves on a whim and don't want to lose what I've done. Removing leagues should be simple at least.

• SI Staff

Sorry to pour cold water onto this, but.....

1) This is something that we'd love to do and gets suggested most years in the feature meetings.

2) It's very, very, very, very, very complicated because of all the huge amount of data under the hood, particularly with player data and shortlisting in inactive leagues, which would mean re-writing large chunks of the game.

3) It's defintely not something that will be in FM2010.

4) It will appear in the series at some point, when said chunks of the game are re-written.

1) This is something that we'd love to do and gets suggested most years in the feature meetings.

2) It's very, very, very, very, very complicated because of all the huge amount of data under the hood, particularly with player data and shortlisting in inactive leagues, which would mean re-writing large chunks of the game.

4) It will appear in the series at some point, when said chunks of the game are re-written.

Thanks for the reply. And I don't mind waiting :) I'll keep my fingers crossed for fm12 then

• 1 month later...

I think SI should skip FM11 altogether and re-write chunk of game code and return with FM2012 - the greatest ever management simulation in the universe. :D

Not working for CM does not imply it won't work for FM (and vice-versa).

And CM hasn't come out yet, so we can't say it has worked or not worked.

I was obviously commenting on the demo, which features quite possibly the worst match engine i've ever seen. You would think you were watching a different sport, as it doesn't look like football.

FM has proven that a year on year development system works, as it is the best football management sim by a country mile, FM12 wouldn't be much more than what FM11 would be should they skip it. Basically, FM12 would be a better game with FM11 than without it, as they wouldn't know what people thought about the FM11 features, they would have no feedback on it, no bugs would be pointed out etc.

It wouldn't work

I see how adding leagues would be very difficult but I am more interested in removing leagues. For instance when I start as a new manager I would like a lot of leagues on so I can get a job somewhere but after 6-7 seasons say I've reached the premiership it's unlikely that I'm goin to jump to southafrica or serie C but they slow the game down too much. I'd love to be able to turn the detail down on certain leagues in these kind of situations. Surely that's a more workable and pracictable aim for future versions

I was obviously commenting on the demo, which features quite possibly the worst match engine i've ever seen. You would think you were watching a different sport, as it doesn't look like football.

FM has proven that a year on year development system works, as it is the best football management sim by a country mile, FM12 wouldn't be much more than what FM11 would be should they skip it. Basically, FM12 would be a better game with FM11 than without it, as they wouldn't know what people thought about the FM11 features, they would have no feedback on it, no bugs would be pointed out etc.

It wouldn't work

I'd argue that a year-on-year development without changing much (FM) will never break much.

It's the product that works, not necessarily the method of development (remember that SI have yet to fix the corner bug and broke transfers between 2008 and 2009). The yearly development itself is questionable.

Championship Manager is simply... Bad. It has nothing to do with the 2-year wait. It's simply bad.

I see how adding leagues would be very difficult but I am more interested in removing leagues. For instance when I start as a new manager I would like a lot of leagues on so I can get a job somewhere but after 6-7 seasons say I've reached the premiership it's unlikely that I'm goin to jump to southafrica or serie C but they slow the game down too much. I'd love to be able to turn the detail down on certain leagues in these kind of situations. Surely that's a more workable and pracictable aim for future versions

You can turn the detail down on the leagues already, whilst the processing won't be as fast as if the league isn't selected, running the leagues in min. detail will make the game run quicker than running them in full detail. (Note you can only turn full detail off for leagues/comps you aren't actively involved in).

Archived