Has this game ever made you hate a player in real life??

As the title asks, has it?

For me, I have developed this irrational hatred of Freddy Eastwood! Im sure he's a top bloke in real life, but I just want to hurt him! He has ruined so many saves of mine with his constant (and normally in the last 2 mins) scoring!

Also not a big fan of Shane Long of Reading. Grrr.

My nemesis on FM07 used to be Thierry Henry but thankfully he's buggered of to spain for this year, but theres always Rooney to take his place and wind me up!!

Anyone else have a bogie player that really does thier head in??....... Please share.

As the title asks, has it?

For me, I have developed this irrational hatred of Freddy Eastwood! Im sure he's a top bloke in real life, but I just want to hurt him! He has ruined so many saves of mine with his constant (and normally in the last 2 mins) scoring!

Also not a big fan of Shane Long of Reading. Grrr.

My nemesis on FM07 used to be Thierry Henry but thankfully he's buggered of to spain for this year, but theres always Rooney to take his place and wind me up!!

Anyone else have a bogie player that really does thier head in??....... Please share.

I've actually become quite a fan of Freddy Eastwood, because he's saved my butt many times when I get close to relegation in the Premiership with Wolves.

I was never really a fan of Jermaine Defoe, but this game has made me dislike him a lot more, for the same reasons as your Freddy Eastwood thing. He always scores on me in the last 2 minutes. icon_frown.gif

Luke Moore and Guiseppe Rossi seem to cut up my defence something rotten on '07, but that's my fault for having tall, strong but not hugely quick defenders I guess.

Delapo Olaoye of Stafford gives me pain in the conference. Also Paul Hakim of St. Albans.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MeekoHFC:

I hate Dimitri Sytchev. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have always managed to easily contain him, for some reason. There's a few players who always have a howler against me as well - whenever I play a team containing stuart parnaby, my left winger dances rings round him. Spector as well. Maybe I just have good left wingers generally or something - there seem to be many many more of them than good right sided midfielders.

There are a number of players I've come to hate on FM that I absolutely loathe in real life. My happiest moment in FM07 was breaking Ronaldo's leg in a match, and if I could have done that to Dirk Kuyt and Luke Moore too, I'd have been a happy man. And Giovanni Torre, despite never getting any major technical attributes above 13 on my longest saved game, he was always a pain in my behind as well, probably because he was such a talentless hack, except for his blooming either-footedness.

If I am winning by two goals against Everton then they will put Anichebe on between 45 - 55 mins and he seems to just shread my defence and score two goals to eqaulise! Therefore I know hate the young striker in real life even tho he has done nothing wrong. On my Newcastle career once i bought him just so he couldn't play against me!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tomtuck01:

No, its a game. It has no impact on real life for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cheer up.

mines trevor sinclair, tore up my defense in the FA trophy final and put it through for the striker to tap in, in injury time, when it was 1-1, i havent liked him since, i even had him as a coach on my other save and sacked him for it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tomtuck01:

No, its a game. It has no impact on real life for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cheer up.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im rathery cheery actually.

Im just being honest when I say that nothing that happens on FM would make me like/dislike a player in real life.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MeekoHFC:

I hate Dimitri Sytchev. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too, and Dagoberto. Sytchev will without fail go to Portsmouth and ensure every game I play against them ends in a draw with a couple of last minute goals, and Dagoberto (who often goes to Man City) scores ridiculous headers and drives me insane.

In the 5 years I've been managing Harrogate Town I've managed to make the 3rd round 'proper' of the FA Cup 3 times. The first & third time I came up against Sheffield Wednesday. They beat me both times with Akpo Sodje scoring the winning goals to knock me out.

My second attempt was Grimbsby who I beat, and suprise, suprise I met Wednesday in the 4th round. Oh joy, and yes, damn Sodje scored and I lost.

It's a good job don't take this into my personal life, I'm a Wednesday fan.

I have found myself disliking a few real life managers after reading the 'has a fairly poor opinion of you' comment in the game. At times like these I want the drop down list of suggested responses from the original Terminator movie.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goodzorr_avfc:

It makes me like some players more than average, even though I've never seen them play in real life icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here. I've become a huge fan of Werder Bremen and of Diego in particular despite never seeing him play and only seeing very brief highlights of their more recent Champions League/UEFA cup matches!

Freddy Eastwood (there's obviously something wrong with him since everyone has him on the list)

Ishmael Miller

Jermaine Defoe (ridiculous)

Gignac

Huntelaar

Rooney (surprisingly Ronaldo isn't that hard to defend against)

Eto'o (most imba in the game)

07 picks:

Shola Ameobi

KieBling

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have found myself disliking a few real life managers after reading the 'has a fairly poor opinion of you' comment in the game. At times like these I want the drop down list of suggested responses from the original Terminator movie. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mage me laugh icon_biggrin.gif paul jewell always gives smug comments to me, never liked him lol

I hate Arsenal in real life anyways cus off Wenger, but 08 makes me hate them even more. They can play really crap and be near mid table while I'm fighting for the title with Newcastle and they always dominate me.

I just don't get how a team with such poor form and moral can always beat me so easily, even when some off their really good players have already left.

mine used to be stewart downing, he cuased me heartache at middlesbrough, left for inter and i thought my problems were over. but, no, we draw them in the Champs League semis and the sod scores the equaliser at new anfield, but picked up a yellow and couldn't play the return leg and we took it 3-1 on agg!

stopped him being a problem by buying him for $58M in last window!! actually not a bad player as an AMR! Even pushed Walcott out to my B team!! (my cup/lower level opposition team)

Klaas Jan Huntelaar!!!!

In my Ajax game he decided scoring 6 goals in his first 5 games was more than enough and then stopped playing completely, blasting every shot into the corner flag and getting 5 and 6 ratings.

On top of this inter came snifffing around in january, and then offerd £4.5mil for him which i rejected. Yeah he'd been crap but he must be worth more than that? Or so I thought...

He got depressed and was unhappy at not being allowed to move clubs, continually missed training and then everyone else in the squad got upset, first when i replaced him as captain, and secondly when i finally got rid of the ******* for £7mil. Ended up finishing 4th in the league and got sacked.

wish i could have instructed one of my players to break his legs or something icon_biggrin.gif

It made me hate a few teams! My bogey team is Everton and I now find myself I'm ruing them in real life! Lol

Still prefer them to Liverpool though!

Archived