Best transfer coups...

What is your best signing on fm. Ideally I would like to hear from people who have signed some very good players from LLM clubs. Also I don't want to know if you signed a 42 year old riquelme for Newi Cefn Druids etc. The players have to be at a decent standard. No cheats please.

My personal best is Rufete and Brian Howard for Kettering after 3 seasons in League 2.

What is your best signing on fm. Ideally I would like to hear from people who have signed some very good players from LLM clubs. Also I don't want to know if you signed a 42 year old riquelme for Newi Cefn Druids etc. The players have to be at a decent standard. No cheats please.

My personal best is Rufete and Brian Howard for Kettering after 3 seasons in League 2.

Good players forum mate… as many people do not want to know about potential talents as they would like to find them on their own…

Anyway to the topic, my best signing is a regain name is Alves, central midfielder, 17 years old, very good stats, current ability is 140 potential ability is at 188.. paid £3.5m from santos..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nelsonmcjones:

Bojan Krkic to Derby County... on a FREE!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bloody hell!!!!

Not a massive name but Charlie Sheringham to Fisher in my first season in League 2. Blew my whole budget for 2 seasons spreading it over 24 months, but 63 goals in 82 appearances with back to back promotion to the Championship has made it a good bit of business icon_smile.gif.

Was at Arsenal for a few seasons on FM08 and went on huge spending spree then left for Milan. Rijkaard became manager of Arsenal and transfer listed about 15 people, Hleb, Senderos, Wlacott, Eduardo standard players etc. So manged to get most of them for half price or less.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by isuckatfm:

Not a massive name but Charlie Sheringham to Fisher in my first season in League 2. Blew my whole budget for 2 seasons spreading it over 24 months, but 63 goals in 82 appearances with back to back promotion to the Championship has made it a good bit of business icon_smile.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'll bet!

on my porto save in fm 07, season 07/08 i signed 5 youngsters from barcelona for a combined fee of 10 mil. Bojan krkic, thiago, guy assulin, enzo zidane and some regen cb with potential to be twice as good as juan.

Not bad, though you gotta give props to good ol frank riijkard.

On FM07 I signed the ex-leeds striker Richard Cresswell to Northern Irish Second Division side QUB. May not seem a big signing but at that level it was a heck of a coup. I think he averaged over a goal a game for 3 or 4 years before retiring, although he wasn't that old.

I make most of my signings on free transfers. It's managed to give me a big squad with plenty of depth and healthy bank balance.

Signed on a free that I can recall off my head.

-Henri Saivet

-Van der Vaart

-Bojan

-Sami Nasri

and free signings also including a few regens that are better than van der vaart and nasri!

From FM06 I had a Norwich midfield of van der Vaart, Kaka, Pirlo and W. Sneider. Sneider cost me £8.5m and the other 3 signed on Bosmans over 3 seasons.

Also on 06 best deals-

Mirko Vucinic, £9.5m, 10 years at City and over 300 goals.

And for 06 profit-

Tomas Sivok, paid Rangers a £1.5m buy out clause and sold him to Chelsea for £50m 2 years.

on FM07:

Miroslav Klose on a free after either the first or second season (cant remember now - whenever his contract expired).

He was with the club right till I stopped playing the game when FM08 came out at 33 and I just could not drop him! I had brought in a tasty looking young striker who I really thought deserved his chance in the first team.

But with Rooney and Klose just banging them in for fun, I could nto play him!

I have had some brilliant ones so far and have sold £174m worth of players in 6 seasons, only spending £65m.

I won't name names but here's a list;

Israeli RW - bought for £250k - sold for £4.2m

Belarussian CB - bought £100k - sold £10m

Romanian CM - bought £250k - sold £4.5m

Romanian RW - bought £150k - sold £4m

Romanian FW - bought £100k - sold £7m

Swiss FW - bought £100k - sold £3.6m

Argentine LW - bought £150k - sold £11.6m

Greek RW - bought £3.2- sold £15m

Italian RB - bought £3.6 - sold £15m

French AML - Free - sold £20m

German FW - Free - sold £7.2m

Ukranian GK - £50k - £2.7m

French GK - £30k - £2.4m

German DM - £1m - £5.2m

I've also had a few mishaps with one promising young German forward coming in from our nearest rivals at £9.3 and he didn't score in 3 seasons before leaving for Liverpool on loan with a view to a permanent transfer.

Guest Lee Scott 23

Not my signing but barcelona have just bought gerard pique off me for 5mill! Stupid chairman... y didn't he sell him but not accept the 7.5mill offer for darren fletcher?!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nelsonmcjones:

Bojan Krkic to Derby County... on a FREE!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got him on a free but I was Man United so I guess yours is better because you were Derby. I also got Pandev and David Villa on frees as well.

My best signing for Coventry was Walter Centeno 32 AMC who is available free, also Jody Morris AMC free, the other is Mohamed Kallon was free on patch 8.01 AMRCFC, all these are outstanding value, so much so W Centeno could actually be sold for 1.5 soon after getting him on a free.

Probably my best signing is Soren Larsen from Schalke for £6 million for my Arsenal team. Like FM07, he proved a wonder in the champions league for me, finishing top scorer in the tournament with 12 goals. Didn't exactly score too many in the league, but got 10 in his first season and around 20 in his second.

Currently in my SWFC game, I'd say Steve Marlet is possibly a good signing. Used as right midfield and he's getting a good amount of goals, including a 50 yard free kick :p

In FM07 I was managing Arsenal and just before the transfer deadline Glichy got injured for 6 months and I wanted a new LB but I had about 2m budget left. I bought Paulo Maldini for 1m and he became my highest rated players for 2 seasons straight. Good investment if you ask me. I was in tears when he decided to retire.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by leeds_fan_1:

Signed Nani for leeds in the championship icon_wink.gif may have been first season in prem but a coup anyways </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What season was this in??

Good signing icon14.gif

An 18 year old DC named Hugo Ortiz to AC Milan for £1.7m. He's a regen from Santos with a PA of 190. Use him as backup seeing Nesta will be retiring at the end of the season and in games against small teams I know I can beat and he does well.

Also, Lorenzo De Silvestri (D/WB R) from Lazio for £16.5m. Already playing for Italy's first team at the age of 21 and a regular. He is definitely my best signing.

With Braintree in League 2, I was offered 10k + Jonny Howson for Callum Burgess. I didn't know who he was, but my 2 scouts and my assman all said he would be a decent premier player. I guess he didn't like League 2 so much, he's been huge in getting the team up to championship level.

Caio from a Brazilian side to my Maderia side on a free. I had been playing below average that season after splitting my strike force of Jo a Iian in the summer and wasnt scoring as many as i had in previous years. Caio came in and i started winning games again in normal time, although ive got 3 young 18-21 year old strikes who where signed cheap and look like making me a very tastey profit.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by isuckatfm:

Not a massive name but Charlie Sheringham to Fisher in my first season in League 2. Blew my whole budget for 2 seasons spreading it over 24 months, but 63 goals in 82 appearances with back to back promotion to the Championship has made it a good bit of business icon_smile.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never understand how people achieve this success. Purely because, you move up a league and your players are naturally poorer than the rest of the league, you sign more than two or three players in the close season and the team takes several months to "gel"...

...but then I do play the LLM way... maybe that answers my question.

by biggest "coup" was massive player trading at first season with fiorentina with 100% success rate.

in pounds:

Mutu was sold to liverpool for 27mil

Gobbi and Liverani to italian clubs for bout 3mil each.

purchased were van der vaart (12mil), matias fernandez (8mil), palombo (7.5mil), barazagli (12mil), maxi rodriguez (16mil), cassani (2.5mil), edison cavani (10mil) and balotelli (10mil).

Van der vaart had a superb season with 15 goals, Fernandez won Serie A player of the year, Palombo was Italian of the year, Barazagli was Defender of the Year, Rodriguez was superb on the right (10 goals, 28 assists), and both Balotelli and Cavani had 20 goal seasons.

Even after the sale of Mutu, Pazzini stepped up to the plate and scored 39 goals for the season! He still did not win any goalscorer awards though as Ibrahimovic netted 48!

In the end we won the treble, winning Serie A with 93 points (amazingly, just one point ahead of AC Milan).

FM07:

All of these were with Ascoli:

Nivaldo (Brazilian regen), bought for £50k, ended up being worth £13.5M.

Gerald Frenzl (Austrian regen), got him on a free, ended up being worth £6.5M and he was the rock in my defence.

Tomas Knakal (Czech regen), bought for £130k, sold to Bayern Munich for £7M.

Orlando (Brazilian/German regen), bought for £1.1M, ended up being worth £15.5M.

Rolando Bianchi, got him on a free and he immediately became my topscorer as he scored 38 goals in 52 games.

Sérgio (Brazilian regen), bought for £750k, sold to Real Madrid for £11.5M.

I also signed Giovani dos Santos and Bojan on frees but none of them were very good for me icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tommy 'the red' Howard:

In Champ Manager 3 (I think), I got Marco Negri on a free for Mansfield. Helped me up to the Championship he did.

My personal best is Rufete and Brian Howard for Kettering after 3 seasons in League 2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived