Your favourite regen

Just thought id start a thread where we could show off our favourite regen.

This must be a regen that you have at your club and not an AI regen.

I'll start with mine...

Fill in the following details:

Name: Friedrich Ze

Nationality: DR Congo (18 caps / 4 goals)

Real life comparision: Lionel Messi

Value: £13m

Amount signed for (If at all): £2.4m

Seasons at club: 4

Backstory: Started at Motema Pembe (DR Congo team) before moving onto Los Angeles Galaxy from whom I signed him from. Retrained him to play in AMC having only been a winger and striker. He is now natural in this postion and is the star player of my team often out scoring my strikers. Once he has matured a little more he will definately be the best player on the game. Just about every team wants him but I won't sell for ANYTHING!

ze.jpg

Name: Yasin Yuksel

Nationality: Turkish (82 Caps, 64 Goals)

Real life comparision: Marco van Basten

Value: Retired from the game but peaked over £40m

Amount signed for (If at all): £8m

Seasons at club: 15 (Also coached under me for 4 at club level and 3 as my ass. man with England)

Backstory: Yasin started at G. Antepspor as a 17 year old and scored 3 goals in 3 games for the club though he moved on before the first window of his career closed for a fee of just £450k to Malatyaspor where he bagged an impressive 12 goals in just twenty-two games prompting G. Antepspor to splash the cash and resign the young forward for £2.5m less than a year after they sold him. This was when his career really took off and the forward bagged 23 goals in 28 games and had an average rating by the end of the year of 8.06, coming close to the club record. Yasin's exploits in the Turkish league did not go unnoticed and soon he was making his way to European heavyweights R. Sociedad, the club where he'd spend his career, or a fee of £8m. His first season at R. Sociedad was probably his worst as he struggled to break through with some key players for R. Sociedad producing great performances in the twilight of their careers. As the season came to a close Yasin had managed 10 goals in 28 starts and had managed to achieve an average rating of 7.05 whilst the club won the treble, he wasn't flopping but he certainly wasn't setting the world alight...

The second season for Yasin in Spain was where he really made a name for himself, in the summer he'd been given his full debut for Turkey and scored two against Israel in a crucial qualifier, when the season picked up again with R. Sociedad he was finding the back of the net more regularly as well and finished the season with a whopping 40 goals and 17 assists in 49 starts helping the club to retain everything but the Champions League. The next seven years of his career would see Yasin become the most feared forward in world football and help his team to dominate on all fronts. In those seven years the club won the Spanish league title on six occasions, the Spanish Cup six times as well and incredibly dominate the Champions League by winning it all seven years in a row. This spell saw Yasin score 203 goals for his club in just 299 starts, scoring in consecutive finals from 2036-2039, three of these times getting the winner, his most important goal was probably the winner in a 3-2 comeback victory against Man City in the 2038 final, the game that saw R. Sociedad set a new record for consecutive European Cups, beating the age old record of R. Madrid from the 1950s.

Though the final years of his career were still rather dominant this was truly his golden era but there was one moment, late in his career, which many will remember him for best. Turkey were by all accounts a decent footballing nation but they had always struggled to replicate the form that had shown them win the 2010 World Cup with some inspired performances culminating in them beating Argentina in the final. That was buried under over thirty years of other footballing memories for Turkish fans though as we approached the 2042 World Cup and with the best player in the world in their team they'd felt they should have been doing better than they had as they'd lost in the second round four times in a row. With a testing group of Italy, Ghana and South Korea they felt they could get that far again but wanted to go further. However, in the opening group game against Italy the Turks were crushed 5-1 by Italy, Yasin scoring their only goal, and many thought they would be doomed. The team improved to beat their other two group opponents, Yasin scoring in both games again, and progressed to a second round fixture against Nigeria which in the end was easier than most expected as they strolled through 3-1. In the quarter-final the team faced Uruguay who were a great defensive side who'd seen off their second round opponents on penalties after a 0-0 draw. The game was hard for an attacking Turkish side but Yasin scored the only goal to see them through to another big game with Argentina in the semis which the Turks managed to dominate and end up running riot with a 3-0 win. The final would see Turkey take on Spain, who really were an incredibly team, hosts of the tournament and had won their last three games 1-0 against fierce rivals Portugal and the two finalists from 2038, England and Serbia. Spain suffered an early setback though as Turkey took an early lead but they equalised before half time only of course for Yasin to score the second half winner that saw Turkey win the World Cup again and confirm his status as the greatest ever forward to play for the national team.

Since retirement Yasin's record of 64 goals for Turkey has been bested by Nusret Acar who has scored 75 goals, albeit with 21 more caps. Yasin finished his career with 432 goals for R. Sociedad in all competitions which is still a club record to this day. He also once scored five goals for Turkey in a classic friendly match in Portugal where the Turks won 7-3 and repeated the trick just over a year later for R. Sociedad in a Spanish Cup tie against F.C. Cartagena.

This is what he looks like now:

yasingreatestregen.jpg

This is what he looked like when I first saw him:

yasinyouth.jpg

I don't have any screenies of him in his prime or a save to go back from the mid to late 30s and take one, but here's his career:

yasincareer.jpg

Dimitris Gocen - amazing stats, poached for free off Panathinaikos then sold 4 years later for €45.5 million..... best part is he never actually scores that many goals, so Real Madrid are suckers!

OR Alexis Villar - similar story, poached for free rejected a €70 million plus offer from Barca a few years back.

picture2byt.png

picture3esj.png

picture4rdp.png

picture5haa.png

• 2 months later...
Name: Yasin Yuksel

Nationality: Turkish (82 Caps, 64 Goals)

Real life comparision: Marco van Basten

Value: Retired from the game but peaked over £40m

Amount signed for (If at all): £8m

Seasons at club: 15 (Also coached under me for 4 at club level and 3 as my ass. man with England)

Backstory: Yasin started at G. Antepspor as a 17 year old and scored 3 goals in 3 games for the club though he moved on before the first window of his career closed for a fee of just £450k to Malatyaspor where he bagged an impressive 12 goals in just twenty-two games prompting G. Antepspor to splash the cash and resign the young forward for £2.5m less than a year after they sold him. This was when his career really took off and the forward bagged 23 goals in 28 games and had an average rating by the end of the year of 8.06, coming close to the club record. Yasin's exploits in the Turkish league did not go unnoticed and soon he was making his way to European heavyweights R. Sociedad, the club where he'd spend his career, or a fee of £8m. His first season at R. Sociedad was probably his worst as he struggled to break through with some key players for R. Sociedad producing great performances in the twilight of their careers. As the season came to a close Yasin had managed 10 goals in 28 starts and had managed to achieve an average rating of 7.05 whilst the club won the treble, he wasn't flopping but he certainly wasn't setting the world alight...

The second season for Yasin in Spain was where he really made a name for himself, in the summer he'd been given his full debut for Turkey and scored two against Israel in a crucial qualifier, when the season picked up again with R. Sociedad he was finding the back of the net more regularly as well and finished the season with a whopping 40 goals and 17 assists in 49 starts helping the club to retain everything but the Champions League. The next seven years of his career would see Yasin become the most feared forward in world football and help his team to dominate on all fronts. In those seven years the club won the Spanish league title on six occasions, the Spanish Cup six times as well and incredibly dominate the Champions League by winning it all seven years in a row. This spell saw Yasin score 203 goals for his club in just 299 starts, scoring in consecutive finals from 2036-2039, three of these times getting the winner, his most important goal was probably the winner in a 3-2 comeback victory against Man City in the 2038 final, the game that saw R. Sociedad set a new record for consecutive European Cups, beating the age old record of R. Madrid from the 1950s.

Though the final years of his career were still rather dominant this was truly his golden era but there was one moment, late in his career, which many will remember him for best. Turkey were by all accounts a decent footballing nation but they had always struggled to replicate the form that had shown them win the 2010 World Cup with some inspired performances culminating in them beating Argentina in the final. That was buried under over thirty years of other footballing memories for Turkish fans though as we approached the 2042 World Cup and with the best player in the world in their team they'd felt they should have been doing better than they had as they'd lost in the second round four times in a row. With a testing group of Italy, Ghana and South Korea they felt they could get that far again but wanted to go further. However, in the opening group game against Italy the Turks were crushed 5-1 by Italy, Yasin scoring their only goal, and many thought they would be doomed. The team improved to beat their other two group opponents, Yasin scoring in both games again, and progressed to a second round fixture against Nigeria which in the end was easier than most expected as they strolled through 3-1. In the quarter-final the team faced Uruguay who were a great defensive side who'd seen off their second round opponents on penalties after a 0-0 draw. The game was hard for an attacking Turkish side but Yasin scored the only goal to see them through to another big game with Argentina in the semis which the Turks managed to dominate and end up running riot with a 3-0 win. The final would see Turkey take on Spain, who really were an incredibly team, hosts of the tournament and had won their last three games 1-0 against fierce rivals Portugal and the two finalists from 2038, England and Serbia. Spain suffered an early setback though as Turkey took an early lead but they equalised before half time only of course for Yasin to score the second half winner that saw Turkey win the World Cup again and confirm his status as the greatest ever forward to play for the national team.

Since retirement Yasin's record of 64 goals for Turkey has been bested by Nusret Acar who has scored 75 goals, albeit with 21 more caps. Yasin finished his career with 432 goals for R. Sociedad in all competitions which is still a club record to this day. He also once scored five goals for Turkey in a classic friendly match in Portugal where the Turks won 7-3 and repeated the trick just over a year later for R. Sociedad in a Spanish Cup tie against F.C. Cartagena.

This is what he looks like now:

yasingreatestregen.jpg

This is what he looked like when I first saw him:

yasinyouth.jpg

I don't have any screenies of him in his prime or a save to go back from the mid to late 30s and take one, but here's his career:

yasincareer.jpg

Nice story man :)

Excellent post Likesiamesefish, really enjoyed the read!

Makes me feel somewhat ashamed about my best regens so far!

The first regen i had of any worth was Sam Conlon. He was a raw 16 year old who had just left school and had no other previous clubs. My scout was quick to find him and on his recommendation i snapped him up for my first club, Lurgan Celtic. In the 4 years he played under my management he ripped the Northern Irish leagues apart even at such a tender age, not so much with his goals and assists but more so with his influence on the rest of team. After i left Lurgan Celtic he stayed there for a few more seasons where he deservedly got the chance at the big time in 2017-2018 when Reading came in for him with a £170k bid. After making a name for himself there, West Brom soon noticed his talents and signed him for £1.6 million where in the 3 years he was there put in some good performances, earned his first international cap against Italy and attracted the interests of the big European clubs, namely Arsenal. In the 2020-2021 season he joined the all league and cup winning side of Arsenal for a fee of £22.5 million and has continued to grow in stature within the footballing world, claiming the tag of World-Class midfielder. Still only 28 and an integral part of the current Arsenal squad who seem to be dominating not just English and European football but world football, the future looks exceedingly bright for my original wonder-kid...just a shame i can't sign him for my current AFC Wimbledon squad.

SamConlonstats.jpg

SamConlon.jpg

Onto my current best regen; Peter van der Wal joined me at AFC Wimbledon in the year 2019-2020 on a free transfer from BV Veendam after my scout highly recommended him. He's been with me for 5 years and in that time he has gone on to be by far my best player and the clubs second highest goalscorer of all time, scoring 45 league goals and 53 all together...and he's a defender! He has also claimed 1 under 21 cap and is attracting the interest of clubs like sc Heerenveen and Go Ahead. Over the 5 years i have made his favoured personnel list and he has added AFC Wimbledon to his favourite clubs.

PetervanderWalstats.jpg

PetervanderWal.jpg

Onto my current best regen; Peter van der Wal joined me at AFC Wimbledon in the year 2019-2020 on a free transfer from BV Veendam after my scout highly recommended him. He's been with me for 5 years and in that time he has gone on to be by far my best player and the clubs second highest goalscorer of all time, scoring 45 league goals and 53 all together...and he's a defender! He has also claimed 1 under 21 cap and is attracting the interest of clubs like sc Heerenveen and Go Ahead. Over the 5 years i have made his favoured personnel list and he has added AFC Wimbledon to his favourite clubs.

What a great name for the fans to sing!

"Because maybe / you're gonna be the one that saves me / and after all / you're my van der Wal..."

No screenshot, but either Luke Harding or Craig Udall who are the Alan Shearer and David Beckham's of my game respectively. Udall is even an MRC with great corner and free kick attributes and Harding is an SC with superb shooting and penalty attributes. Harding has a silly number of goals for my Gillingham team!

What a great name for the fans to sing!

"Because maybe / you're gonna be the one that saves me / and after all / you're my van der Wal..."

Ha ha...very good...why didn't i think of that? :(

I'll be expecting to hear my fans (all 6000 of them) singing this at our next home game now! ;):D

I have two all-time favourite regens, both from my Dafuges challenge save as Merthyr Tydfil, currently at the end of the season in the year 2032...

Craig Fraser

(At his peak)

Originally starting his career at Hibernain, Fraser was snapped up by Premiership Coventry in 2017/18 for £200k and soon showed his quality. After impressing against me in premiership matches and being named Young player of the year in 2018/19 I signed the Scottish midfielder for £17m and haven't looked back since. His professionalism, class and consistency have seen him named as a legendary midfielder with 112 caps for Scotland to this day.

In addition Fraser has won the following awards;

2 x Club World championship best player

6 x Champions league best player

English Players' young player of the year

11 x English footballer of the year

7 x European midfielder of the year

7 x European footballer of the year

5 x World player of the year

3 x World footballer of the year

To date Fraser has made a total of 537 appearances for Merthyr with 179 goals and an average rating of 7.48.

craigfrasercareer2032.jpg

Tom McKenzie

(At his peak)

Signed on a free from Shelbourne, the big Irishman made a big impact in his first season with us when his brace in the extra time of the playoff final and a penalty in the resulting shootout helped see us promoted to the Premier league. From their McKenzie has become a massive player for me and developed a reputation as a striker who gets goals on the big occasion including numerous Champions league final goals. To date McKenzie has club records of 756 appearances and 432 goals for Merthyr in total, with a league total of 549 appearances with 297 goals for us. Tom also has 117 caps for Ireland with 62 goals, making him the nation's all-time top scorer.

In addition McKenzie has won the following awards;

2x English Players' young player of the year

3x Premier league top scorer

3x Champions league Golden boot winner

European striker of the year

tommckenziecareer2032.jpg

And then Smylie. You must know about him ;)

Andrew Smylie's most current season

He now has 1131 Club goals and 12 international goals.

Leaving him with a grand total of

1143 Goals.

He's still young, but I haven't played the save for ages. I'll eventually get around to finishing his career.

Is that some sort of joke? He is either the second coming of Jesus, or that league is extremely poor.

Its no joke. Both he, and Paul Wallace in the post above play for the same club :D Knockbreda FC of Northern Ireland. And yeah, its a crazy league. I'm like Arsenal, then there are 3 clubs that are like, Middlesbro', Newcastle and West Bom, then the other sides in the division are like AFC Wimbledon.

The gaps in class is stupid. But only due to my good management. However, I did win the Champions League with Knockbreda, and Smylie finished top scorer in the competition, so he can do it against big clubs too.

1143 Goals.

He's still young, but I haven't played the save for ages. I'll eventually get around to finishing his career.

228 goals in 62 appearances?! How the hell did he score so many goals and how have you managed to keep him at your club? I started my game in N.Ireland and the most my top scorer managed was 25 in one season! :(

He has "Very Loyal" as a personality trait, so I got lucky there. I get bids for him a lot, and he ges unhappy, but after a few months, the UNH goes away, at which point i renew his contract to 5 years. It took a LONG time to get there too, as you can see from the screenshot, thats 2038. I didn't scart scoring crazy amounts of goals until 2015/2016 season. Oh, thats also FM08.

He has "Very Loyal" as a personality trait, so I got lucky there. I get bids for him a lot, and he ges unhappy, but after a few months, the UNH goes away, at which point i renew his contract to 5 years. It took a LONG time to get there too, as you can see from the screenshot, thats 2038. I didn't scart scoring crazy amounts of goals until 2015/2016 season. Oh, thats also FM08.

Excellent achievement mate! :thup:

Awaits the endless amount of people to verify this is legit :) *smug*

Sorry but i just find it very hard to believe that in 62 games he could have scored 228 goals... I'm all for backing up people when they achieve things and people jump calling it an edit but this just sounds too good to be true.

Sorry but i just find it very hard to believe that in 61 games he could have scored 228 goals... I'm all for backing up people when they achieve things and people jump calling it an edit but this just sounds too good to be true.

First, let me state the facts.

He's a regen.

Its 2038

I'm a World Class team in a league full of BSS Standard clubs.

and most importantly, I play on a Mac. Which means there are no editing tools.

However, read the post above this with the link to the thread. I documents all his achievements (in the link in the first post of the linked post, if that makes sense).

Well if what you say is true about being on a mac then I know you haven't cause I'm also playing on a mac too lol.

I've got a Regen wonderkid but he's only 23 atm so not worth posting up his career atm and he's currently out for 5 months with a hip injury so his stats may decrease due to that.

From FM2007, I give you: Jose Luis Rodriquez.

jlr1.png

Unfortunately I've lost that save now, and this is the only image I can find of him.

However, in this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=20125 I have found a summary of him I made when asked a similar question over a year ago.

"Jose Luis Rodriquez - First season regen on FM07. Snapped him up from Sevilla to Arsenal age 16.

- Broke into the first team age 17.

- First team regular at 19

- World-Class Centre Back at 21

- Arsenal captain at 23

- Spain captain at 25

- Still at Arsenal in 2023/4 (I think) where I last left the save game. About 450 league appearances, and about 50 goals in that time. The cornerstone of my world-beating team for over a decade, and still going strong in his 30s."

Basically, the guy was a god. He displaced Kolo Toure while he was still in his teens, and his goalscoring record (in the time before the corner exploit) was excellent. I think I had to pay about £5mil for him when he was only 16, but it was worth every penny. Never found a regen DC in any game who could compare to him.

1143 Goals.

that's crazy, that means if you played only 90 miniute games he scored every 24.5 miniutes through the whole season so that's like 3.6 goals a game.

that's crazy, that means if you played only 90 miniute games he scored every 24.5 miniutes through the whole season so that's like 3.6 goals a game.

Yeah, some games, he'd score 10 goals, and not score in others. His record was 18 IIRC. I'll check the FM08 Records thread later.

Ditto :D

I'll upload the save game when I get home. You can D/Load it and play, and see for yourself how many he scores. You can also search the game top to bottom to find any editing : but you'll not, because there is none there :D

Nep, was it you who had that awesome striker at arsenal?

I had an awesome regen called mohamed Berbache he was amazing scored a hattrick against city on debut.

Either Lorenzo Guignard or Ivan Jung.

Ivan has been the definition of superstar since signing. Winning almost every award he could have. A defensive/ attacking midfielder scoring above a goal every 4 games. Not a bad effort. Been at the club for about 10 years racking up above 520 apps and 135 goals. Not the worst effort.

Then there's Guignard, spent 10 years at the club, and he just turned 25. His record now stands as 192 goals in 410 apps, not bad for a centerforward.

Nep, was it you who had that awesome striker at arsenal?

I had an awesome regen called mohamed Berbache he was amazing scored a hattrick against city on debut.

Yeah, Gareth Black. He scored over 1,000 goals for me too. I've still got his pics on Photobucket. I'll upload them later :D

Ha, thats FM06 dude. I can't score for Toffee in FM09.

Damn:p Only 5 seasons in my game so far and only have one regen good enough for my Man City team. Argentine MC:D Ill post him in a few seasons.

Just thought id start a thread where we could show off our favourite regen.

This must be a regen that you have at your club and not an AI regen.

I'll start with mine...

Fill in the following details:

Name: Friedrich Ze

Nationality: DR Congo (18 caps / 4 goals)

Real life comparision: Lionel Messi

Value: £13m

Amount signed for (If at all): £2.4m

Seasons at club: 4

Backstory: Started at Motema Pembe (DR Congo team) before moving onto Los Angeles Galaxy from whom I signed him from. Retrained him to play in AMC having only been a winger and striker. He is now natural in this postion and is the star player of my team often out scoring my strikers. Once he has matured a little more he will definately be the best player on the game. Just about every team wants him but I won't sell for ANYTHING!

ze.jpg

This is not a racist post.

It is nice to see a white player in DR Congo.

Archived