When's the BETA out speculation thread FM 21

2 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Also who was that guy that was always being such a downer? He just wasn't in the beta spirit. He didn't like my Chuck Norris gifs either. I wonder if he'll show his face on this thread.

You mean the double denim guy?

P.S Welcome home, we missed you

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

You mean the double denim guy?

P.S Welcome home, we missed you

YES!!! That's the fella! Such a negative presence, always berating our Chuck Norris gifs, saying the beta (pronounced BETA) wouldn't be coming that day and just being a proper Debbie Downer.

Glad to be back, I will do everything I can to make this thread as good as the last one!!

3 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Also who was that guy that was always being such a downer? He just wasn't in the beta spirit. He didn't like my Chuck Norris gifs either. I wonder if he'll show his face on this thread.

Welcomeback into the cult. See gunner86 has already answered that one for you, doubledenim loved pi**ing in the cornflakes

spacer.png

3 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Oh, and it's pronounced B-E-T-A

Do have to disagree it's btah(rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

I have confidence in this week so still sticking with the 5th.

spacer.pngGIPHS

20 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

And the entry fee is a greggs steak bake

OMG how did I forget the steak bake entry fee!! I should get a taxi and call it a day! But remember that absolute lunatic that tried telling us the chicken bakes are better than steak bakes, bloody millennials!!!

1 minute ago, bigmattb28 said:

OMG how did I forget the steak bake entry fee!! I should get a taxi and call it a day! But remember that absolute lunatic that tried telling us the chicken bakes are better than steak bakes, bloody millennials!!!

After months of counselling, I had repressed that memory. Now I'm gonna relapse

1 minute ago, gunner86 said:

After months of counselling, I had repressed that memory. Now I'm gonna relapse

Oh no sorry bro my bad. Here's a cat eating a banana:

Google+ | Cats, Funny gif, Cat gif

To keep on topic, the cat is thinking about the release date for the beta

7 minutes ago, zakbrown96 said:

Who we all managing first then?

WHOA THERE HOMBRE!! Don't you go changing the subject, we expect Chuck Norris / animals eating / tin foil hat gifs from each member before anything gets put back on topic.

Please give us your best Chuck Norris gif / or joke to be allowed to continue. Here's one from me:

I once heard Chuck Norris went into Burger King and asked for a Big Mac, not only did he get one but he got 2 Big Macs! Also on the way home, he killed 2 stones with 1 bird too

13 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

I have a strong suspicion that they will release the Beta on Thursday because at this rate there will be no room left on the server of the forum on account of all of the gifs

I would've thought after last years thread SI would've just set up a full new server room in Miles spare bedroom just for this thread.

20 minutes ago, toffee71 said:

Probably the best of what's available nowadys, I miss Sayers cheese and ham pasties.

Showing your age there mate, but I agree, cannot beat old faithful cheese and ham pasty!

6 minutes ago, zakbrown96 said:

Who we all managing first then?

For BETA I'll do the Youth Only Challenge, gunna give Mexico a go and then South America if I get sacked.

On full release I'm gunna go to Italy to manage Avellino in Serie C.

Then after around 30 years there the lower league Scottish database should be out so I'm gunna take over Vale of Clyde in the new Scottish 7th tier and work my way up to the SPL and Europe.

My other big save idea is building a nation, not quite decided where that will be. I've got a hankering for Hungary or Romania though.

Not the right topic but who else is finding it difficult to start a last save.. with only one week of ten days left before the beta is coming out..  When the Beta is out i need a few days to load and set all the views and filters and put all the graphics back .

Was thinking about a journeyman save OR international managament but can't decide :( 

5 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

For BETA I'll do the Youth Only Challenge, gunna give Mexico a go and then South America if I get sacked.

On full release I'm gunna go to Italy to manage Avellino in Serie C.

Then after around 30 years there the lower league Scottish database should be out so I'm gunna take over Vale of Clyde in the new Scottish 7th tier and work my way up to the SPL and Europe.

My other big save idea is building a nation, not quite decided where that will be. I've got a hankering for Hungary or Romania though.

This is what I'm going to be on with straight from the beta:

Just now, OlivierL said:

Not the right topic but who else is finding it difficult to start a last save.. with only one week of ten days left before the beta is coming out..  When the Beta is out i need a few days to load and set all the views and filters and put all the graphics back .

Was thinking about a journeyman save OR international managament but can't decide :( 

I've been in and out of saves since about April. I've been writing a story, found here (cheap plug) that has kept me going, but I dunno what it is, I haven't properly got into a FM save since FM17 where I was completely committed and couldn't stop myself playing, just one more match.....

7 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

WHOA THERE HOMBRE!! Don't you go changing the subject, we expect Chuck Norris / animals eating / tin foil hat gifs from each member before anything gets put back on topic.

You forgot wrestling!

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, bigmattb28 said:

I've been in and out of saves since about April. I've been writing a story, found here (cheap plug) that has kept me going, but I dunno what it is, I haven't properly got into a FM save since FM17 where I was completely committed and couldn't stop myself playing, just one more match.....

I understand. But don't u feel it impossible to start a save right now if u know u only have +- 7/10 days left to play ? that's really an issue for me :( 

Just now, OlivierL said:

I understand. But don't u feel it impossible to start a save right now if u know u only have +- 7/10 days left to play ? that's really an issue for me :( 

Yeah agree mate. Can't get invested in a save now with the beta coming soon. But generally I've not been immersed in FM recently, dunno why, maybe it's my age.

3 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Not the right topic but who else is finding it difficult to start a last save

My last save was back in June. I gagging for release as have been cold turkeying since.

giphy.gif

Just now, bigmattb28 said:

Yeah agree mate. Can't get invested in a save now with the beta coming soon. But generally I've not been immersed in FM recently, dunno why, maybe it's my age.

Haha we are getting older :) 

Not sure if i can find a solution.. international management can go fast (continue or on holiday till the next game(s) but i know that international management is not fully developed yet.. and starting a Journeyman save is another solution.

3 minutes ago, toffee71 said:

My last save was back in June. I gagging for release as have been cold turkeying since.

giphy.gif

Using the words gagging and turkey in the same sentence, there's an innuendo in there somewhere.....

2 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Haha we are getting older :) 

Not sure if i can find a solution.. international management can go fast (continue or on holiday till the next game(s) but i know that international management is not fully developed yet.. and starting a Journeyman save is another solution.

Hah yeah we're not getting any younger are we!

I'm probably in the minority but I actually don't mind international management, it makes the game go quicker with less matches, but is very watered down.

I'm the same, my save now is at the point where I can't conceivably finish a season in the time before Beta (pronounced Bayta-GLAVEN!) drops, so I've reverted to Civ (which I also probably won't finish before the B-bomb drops)

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

My favorite wrestler of all time, and I've met him, my facebook profile pic is of me & him, all round nice guy, great hair too

Bret Hart GIFs | Tenor

Definitelt one of my favs, but for me all time would be

giphy.gif

I met a few after a WCW show in blackburn no-one close to Bret tho

giphy.gif