FM20 - Arsenal: Time For Artekkers Tiki Taka Tactics?

SteveUK

4 minutes ago, dcaine100 said:

Nice! How did you get him?

I won the Premier League in my second season. Liverpool became runner-up and lost the Champions League. So he got public that he wants to a better club. Get transfer listed for 68M euros and I got him.

Weird thing: he wanted to be an regular starter in my starting XI, besides the fact he is insane, we had one of the best defence in the league. 

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, BrickCommo23 said:

It's happening again...

Went and won 1-0 at Spurs to setup home to Liverpool and a chance to knock them out of the running for the league. 

Alex Telles, for no reason and for the first time this season - gets himself sent off. And then VVD smashes one in from 30 yards. We then miss a succession of chances and so it ends like this:

20200218122654_1.thumb.jpg.07006a44fc3332aba80cd98e5211ecec.jpg

Title back out of my hands:

20200218122744_1.thumb.jpg.589c354cb505afb14c5c0a7edd5d34a2.jpg

Can all happen late. On 3rd season of my previous save I overhauled a 10 point lead with a 92nd minute winner against Man Utd on penultimate game - first time I led the league all season.

Guendouzi bursting through was shades of Michael Thomas!

I'm stuggling to decide what to do with Saka- Martinelli is excellent on the left and I'm reluctant to use hom as a striker to accmodate Saka as an LW & even though I've improved his tackling/marking I'm not sure he has enough to be a play as LWB conveting him to a CAM seems an ineffctive of his potential points Iwolud appreciate your opinions?

16 minutes ago, arsenalthebest said:

I'm stuggling to decide what to do with Saka- Martinelli is excellent on the left and I'm reluctant to use hom as a striker to accmodate Saka as an LW & even though I've improved his tackling/marking I'm not sure he has enough to be a play as LWB conveting him to a CAM seems an ineffctive of his potential points Iwolud appreciate your opinions?

IW Support on the RW maybe?

16 hours ago, arsenalthebest said:

Great idea but I think we have to be realistic here. Whenever Tierney is fit I think we are going to play Saka LW, Aubameyang CF and Pepe RW. Martinelli will be back-up CF.

2 hours ago, Yoeri said:

Great idea but I think we have to be realistic here. Whenever Tierney is fit I think we are going to play Saka LW, Aubameyang CF and Pepe RW. Martinelli will be back-up CF.

Yeah but In my save  Martinelli has been to good as a Inverted Winger at LW to be dropped perhaps I use him as back up utility player between RW , LW and LWB

Anyone come across these two before? Don't think I have seen them mentioned before.

This fella is joining me:

20200221141103_1.thumb.jpg.6b4fccc20be3fc6ab9abb11e139dce90.jpg

And I think I am getting this guy too because he looks too good to go somewhere else. That will give me a CM stable of Fernandes, Olmo, Luis, Torreira, Guendouzi...

20200221141055_1.thumb.jpg.04cea1a3f3f9c98c8db09bc4720e8327.jpg

Winter changes seem a bit underwhelming...

Would have expected a slightly bigger potential upgrade for Martinelli, and some kind of boost for Saka. Although I guess he is currently in great form, so recently bias and the fact that these would had to have been finalised before release explains that.

I had a great Arsenal save at the start of the game but don't think I'll start a new one, not enough changes really

2 minutes ago, Aizo4576 said:

Would have expected a slightly bigger potential upgrade for Martinelli, and some kind of boost for Saka. Although I guess he is currently in great form, so recently bias and the fact that these would had to have been finalised before release explains that.

I had a great Arsenal save at the start of the game but don't think I'll start a new one, not enough changes really

The disappointing size of the much needed boost for Martinelli and lack of boost for Saka is very annoying.. 

24 minutes ago, Aizo4576 said:

definity think Martineli deserves a higher PA forget whats Saka's is

If Football Manager would update Arsenal team based on performances under Mikel Arteta, what current ability and potential ability would you give these players?

Name: CA - PA

Bernd Leno: 
Hector Bellerín:
Shkodran Mustafi:
David Luíz:
Bukayo Saka: 199-200
Dani Ceballos: 
Granit Xhaka:
Nicolas Pépé:
Mesut Özil: 
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang:
Eddie Nketiah:

Alexandre Lacazette:
Mattéo Guendouzi:
Lucas Torreira:
Kieran Tierney:
Joe Willock:
Gabriel Martinelli: 199-200
Reiss Nelson:
Rob Holding:
Calum Chambers:
Pablo Marí: 
Sokratis:
Ainsley-Maitland Niles:
Cédric:
Emiliano Martínez:
Sead Kolasinac:

Mikel Arteta: 199-200

22 ore fa, arsenalthebest ha scritto:

Martinelli is on fire

If you want to keep a realistic db you have to compare the CA-PA with the ones of other players. You would see that is PA is more or less ok and his CA is more than fair considerating that for example he has 1 point more than Zaniolo last year and just 3 point less than Kulusevski even if they both were/are clearly currently better.

I'm midway through Season 4 and the board just arranged two friendlies in December... I thought there must be an error but its 2022 World Cup isn't it! 

Anyone got that far in? I don't feel like I've had a particularly packed first few months so will I have packed in games after Christmas?? 

1 hour ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

If you want to keep a realistic db you have to compare the CA-PA with the ones of other players. You would see that is PA is more or less ok and his CA is more than fair considerating that for example he has 1 point more than Zaniolo last year and just 3 point less than Kulusevski even if they both were/are clearly currently better.

Klopp called him talent of the century high praise indeed

Edited by arsenalthebest

On 24/02/2020 at 22:57, BrickCommo23 said:

I'm midway through Season 4 and the board just arranged two friendlies in December... I thought there must be an error but its 2022 World Cup isn't it! 

Anyone got that far in? I don't feel like I've had a particularly packed first few months so will I have packed in games after Christmas?? 

Was the same on last year's, play about 20 games a week after it 😄

Just started with them on the new patch, thread is on Sortitoutsi but will also update here. Hoping to be a long save involving a new/increased capacity stadium eventually.

SEASON 1

Decided to play through the first season as I rarely make many changes (transfers) until season 2.

In the Premier League we performed much better than I expected, had Liverpool not have played like Liverpool we really could have won the league and 89pts is a very good total. A tough draw in the Carabao saw us knocked out early and in the FA Cup we were badly hit with injuries and suspensions where I had to include u18's in the starting line up so no real surprise we lost away to Palace. In the Europa League however we was great, our only bad performance came at Old trafford in the semi final 2nd leg, where after such a big first leg lead I felt we could rest players in preparation for our next league match, which was also away at Man Utd (drew 1-1, should have won).

Transfers, as always I've refused to sign any players and really want to give our younger players a decent chance. Hoping to offload a couple more of senior players during the summer and will mainly be looking at improving our defence, could do with losing Ozil's wages too but that's usually near on impossible. We have a huge budget to use if needed and also Real Madrid have been sniffing around Laca and Auba though I'm in no real rush to sell either of those unless a massive bid comes in.

FJXWlT2.png

N9tagWb.png

pnqz6ft.png

ExP6Q1z.png

AP2Q5vE.png

R079sqr.png

15 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Has anyone started a new Arsenal save with the latest data update and got rid of Aubameyang, Ozil and Lacazette and promoted the youngsters like Saka, Nkieteth(sp), Martinelli etc as first time regulars?

I started one but I am still in day one, recreating the Arteta tactic with Bukayo Saka as LWB.

I choose not to use the first transferwindow as I see this as realistic.

Edited by Yoeri

28 minutes ago, Yoeri said:

Nice work mate. Only sad to see you transfered Özil. He is a legend.

Playing 4-4-2 and he just doesn't fit in anywhere, rather try to move him on than keep paying his wages to sit on the bench.

SEASON 2

A season of what might have been, in the league we never really challenged for the title but always looked like making the top four though. Both Manchester teams spent close to £300m each and current champions Liverpool invested £187m into what is already a very good squad. We spent a lot (for Arsenal) but still managed to make a profit of £15m, due to me not wanting to simply go out and buy ready made players and instead build a squad that should within 5 years be challenging every season for the title. This summer I will try to move on another couple of the senior players and we've already agreed a £26.5m deal for Benjamin Nygren from KRC Genk, the 19 year old is being brought in to play the shadow striker role in my 4-4-1-1. We also have three regens coming through, two of which are classed as wonderkids and the third a centre back touted as the next Tony Adams (**** me could we do with him now in real life).

In the domestic cups we once again didn't fair to well, mainly down to myself rotating the squad trying to manage the fitness of a small squad as best I could. Now, the champions league is where the 'what might have been' comes in, we did fantastically to reach the semi finals and were well in control of our first leg against City but could only manage the one goal. The second leg was a very cagey affair, we had no reason to go for the win and was holding them off at ease until the 89th minute, when Bernd Leno decides to throw the ball out with velocity of a Sidewinder missile into the back of Ruben Dias, the ball falls to Sergio Aguero who slots it into the empty net. Then just a minute later a long ball over the top see Diogo Jota one on one with Ederson only for his tame effort to be pushed away for a corner, extra time it is... Both teams were by now very tired and the dreaded penalties looked a certainty, now to cut the whole story of shoot out down I'll let you know that we had three, yes three ****ing chances to win and each was missed and eventually Bernd Leno stepped and had his shot easily saved. Shame he couldn't throw the ball as it would have probably taken Ederson into the goal too. Nevermind, maybe next year.

IWb05Fc.png

EEHXmdw.png

6fVK6xL.png

qW1DaOg.png

LNKIqtM.png

584EIuc.png

PiA9vXl.png

IABOAZi.png

qmf8P0m.png

4kSKnxc.png

6K5bLxh.png

2RRqUKr.png

Unlucky VP. That looks a very strong season to try and keep up! 

Although, I feel like I need to have a word about selling Bellerin. Did he want to go? That always seemed to happen in FM19 and it was annoying. 

I play him as a CWB(A) and he's circa 2015 electric.

59 minutes ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Unlucky VP. That looks a very strong season to try and keep up! 

Although, I feel like I need to have a word about selling Bellerin. Did he want to go? That always seemed to happen in FM19 and it was annoying. 

I play him as a CWB(A) and he's circa 2015 electric.

Pereira is the better player on the game (and real life) so was a reasonably easy decision to make, was a good offer from PSG too. Looking at last seasons stats Pereira did outperform him so all good so far.

May well have made some big mistakes this current window though :(

13 hours ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

Pereira is the better player on the game (and real life) so was a reasonably easy decision to make, was a good offer from PSG too. Looking at last seasons stats Pereira did outperform him so all good so far.

May well have made some big mistakes this current window though :(

Fair enough sir. I have very rose tinted spectacles for him...

SEASON 3 AUGUST

Firstly transfer news, I decided to move on more players than I originally intended. Jota was only sold after he requested to go after me not increasing the number of coaches (still can't remember him asking ffs), the rest was just me wanting to get the long term squad together as quick as possible. The deal for Sancho only came about due to Jota leaving and me thinking I need to give the fans something to show I'm not simply trying to make the club money. Before that I did my usual style and looked for players I've not signed before, both Pinamonti and Szoboszlai look great prospects and have settled in well already.

We've started the league season brilliantly with no goals conceded and a superb result away to Man City, lets see how long that lasts... We've a favourable draw in the champions league and a group we really should be topping.

zsoI7Lm.png

qh4lF8x.jpg

NYW8PCU.jpg

y6XGeP6.jpg

KGK6uks.png

IMY7Fff.png