FM20 - Arsenal: Time For Artekkers Tiki Taka Tactics?

SteveUK

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, SteveUK said:

An 89 Potential would put him on par with Moises Kean and Paqueta, though Haaland isn’t even in their top 20 wonder kid ratings, unless there’s been an update for it.

Damn. Things can change quickly. Moise Kean just scored his first goal for Everton, Paqueta is not even getting enough game time due his bad playing and Haaland is stunning.

Think Martinelli 87 is great for now.

1 ora fa, Yoeri ha scritto:

Should be more?

87 then 174 in FM is really too much for him. Even more if we consider the potential of other wonderkids. That would be the same PA of Donnarumma, de Ligt, Fati and Rodrygo (160-190) and more as Haaland, Camavinga, Zaniolo, Callum Hudson-Odoi (150-180).. Kulusevski 140-170 ecc.

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

Do you have problems with then in away games or home or both? Try adjusting your mentality in the tactic for a more defensive or balanced approach if you are away.

Your 433 is it one striker two wide players or three strikers?

27 minutes ago, SteveUK said:

Do you have problems with then in away games or home or both? Try adjusting your mentality in the tactic for a more defensive or balanced approach if you are away.

Your 433 is it one striker two wide players or three strikers?

At away games or at neutral territory. 

I play positive at every game with two wingers and a central striker.

Just now, Yoeri said:

At away games or at neutral territory. 

I play positive at every game with two wingers and a central striker.

Away games do seem a bit frustrating this FM edition, feels like an element of artificial increase in difficulty just because they are away games.

As I said previously best to try changing the mentality to a more balanced approach, I play three cbs and two wing backs with one dlp and two cms and two strikers for away games, if I try and use the broken tactic I got from knap which I haven’t lost a home game in three seasons with, it doesn’t go well because it’s too attacking.

Alright. Just won the Carabao Cup against Wolves. We got 1-0 behind, but after setting the intervention line more deep we got more space and create more space for Auba upfront. We won 1-2. 

Good result in a new era under Mikel Arteta. :D 

It's 11 march 2020 and I am unbeaten with Arsenal since beginning of November. But in the new year we've won just 3 and have 5 draws. So we are not leaders anymore, but we are comfortable 4th and when we get in winning streak again we can make it Man City, Man Utd and Liverpool hard.

Every game I have a lot of midfielders who are creating a lot, but the finishing in the final third is so called: miserable :mad:

Started my annual Arsenal save, following a seasons holiday and have begun competitive fixtures for the 2020/21 season, following a mixed pre-season of results. An excellent result against Valencia failed to mask disappointing capitulations against MLS opposition. With the Euro’s and the Olympics taking place during pre-season we were forced to fit a lot of square plugs in round holes with our 4-2-2-2- formation. 

136677141_Preseason2020Arse.thumb.PNG.368aa4df7383f63a44daeaf9fde0c814.PNG

The squad underwent a major overhaul as I wanted to clear out dead-wood and create gaps in the squad that players from the U-23s could fill when required. Shifting the following players to enable us to rebuild our defence. 

1063402705_Outs2020.thumb.PNG.0df130091fc7670c9222462c35f9eb36.PNG

We focused upon rebuilding our back line and the notable new arrivals at the Emirates are:

2025726958_ins2020.thumb.PNG.ceb59912f5efe4a72e5d1c6344a7b343.PNG

So for our first eleven we have been playing with the below formation in a sort of tika-taka, with focus on a slow buildup and possession play. We build from the back with a pair of ball playing defenders, with dribble more enabled as an instruction. Bellerin or Hakimi is the more offensive full back, and I adjust his instructions depending on oppostion. Tierney tucks in and feed the ball inside more often then opposed to pushing forward. Saka ahead of him provides direct running and width. Pepe on the other side cuts inside,  and Ozil generally drifts and plays the key passes. Aubameyang plays as a pressing forward. 

497169417_Formation2020.thumb.PNG.bcecb335e83d5c646eee604fa6c6d001.PNG

So far we have been playing well, strong defensively but without being a threat. We have a 100% record in the league:

1922500481_5x5.thumb.PNG.c43c36889610429fe50d2ff61f244f64.PNG

I have set a few rules for this save, to make sure we don't lose track of the aims of the save. Each season we will:

• Sign at least 1 player from each affiliated club each season
  • Sign only 1 newgen per window to avoid over cluttering the team with south american wonderkids
  • Keep a small squad
  • Have one ever present outfield player in the league. 

Outs Loans 2020.PNG

We also look to be making a pretty penny in the upcoming season in the loan market. 

Edited by Swills417

6 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

87 then 174 in FM is really too much for him. Even more if we consider the potential of other wonderkids. That would be the same PA of Donnarumma, de Ligt, Fati and Rodrygo (160-190) and more as Haaland, Camavinga, Zaniolo, Callum Hudson-Odoi (150-180).. Kulusevski 140-170 ecc.

i disagre he looks quality around 170 is fair

11 minuti fa, arsenalthebest ha scritto:

i disagre he looks quality around 170 is fair

Well, for sure I don't think he deserves a fixed PA because he's too young and he didn't show much still. de Ligt and Donnarumma are maybe the only 2 that could deserve a fixed one but I think give them 160-190 has been the best choice. 
This said 160-190 or 175 in FM is an very high PA and that's why only the best few wonderkids have it. If after you think that he deserves the same PA of the youngest CL goalscoarer in probably the best team in the world on the paper, of one of the few best CB ever for his age and of a 20yo GK with already 161 apps in serie A then is another story.

Finished season 1 in my Arsenal save. Ended up pretty good. Finished 2nd in the League behind a dominant Liverpool, plus won the Europa beating Lyon 2-0 comfortably in the final, after a tight 4-2 aggregate win over Ajax in the semi. United were top at Xmas but absolutely fell apart and drew at Watford (20th) on final day to miss out on CL. That, plus Spurs' terrible season, was also enjoyable in this save. Only real annoyance was losing so many away games (8 of my 9, only home defeat v Liverpool) so that's something I'll look at for next season.

1810899011_Screenshot2020-01-27at10_16_10.thumb.png.0ebc6f13136e1ac7f92d7d612079a814.png

Transfers were fun. Below are incomings and outgoings. I let Ozil go to United on loan in Jan as they were the only ones in for him and he didn't fit my tactic really. Eriksen signing on deadline day in Jan was opportunistic. No one else was in for him so I offered the asking price and it was easy from there. Dani Olmo has been a beast and was Player of the Year, scoring 18 goals in all comps and is already a Spanish full international worth £60m. Not bad for a £20m signing! Dias has also been great and Haaland did OK, both he and Auba were hot and cold but hopefully will become more consistent when I put the new patch in that fixes 1-on-1s. Sold Lacazette in Jan for £65m to Chelsea. Pretty unrealistic but he wasn't playing for me at all so was happy to cash in, and this helped fund Haaland and Dias in Jan.

68709875_Screenshot2020-01-27at10_16_45.thumb.png.8e872f8584ceaec5c6fcfcc4f6f7989a.png

678020677_Screenshot2020-01-27at10_17_01.thumb.png.991a345a45f126a9e15dfede7cf6150a.png

Busy summer ahead, trying to shift a lot of the deadwood that's been out on loan (Ozil, Mkhi, Elneny and probably Chambers too). Board hasn't given me much funds to play with yet, only £70m which is what I had in the bank anyway so am hoping that increases, especially with CL money incoming. Madrid were very interested in Auba at the end of the season so will see if they come forward as am open to cashing in and using Haaland and Nketiah (whose had a great season at Leeds), but open to keeping Auba if not.

Tactic and preferred XI below. Tactic obviously tweaks a bit based on opposition but this has worked to good effect, with Pepe top scorer (28 goals) and Bellerin top assist (11 assists) and Olmo has been superb, as mentioned.

1649149743_Screenshot2020-01-27at10_18_14.thumb.png.ffad1dbc978a7ffc67931242200fd2b5.png

Onwards and upwards in season 2020/21!

First half of the season is now done! We're currently sitting in 1st with 54 points (17 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss) - Liverpool have a game in hand over us but are only on 50 points, so there's a little cushion there.

Stats wise I'm not hugely happy with how we're doing. We're 6th for possession, but only 11th for passes completed. We've created the highest number of chances by far (105 to Everton's 77) and have the highest number of shots on target (241 to Liverpool's 200) but we're just not putting away as many as I'd like, especially considering we've scored less than Liverpool. 

In terms of playing personnel, we had big injuries to Mesut Ozil (broken leg before the season began) and Bruno Fernandes (torn hamstring) so we were without a couple of our best midfielders for quite some time. Aubameyang has been our best player so far, with 25(5) appearances and 14 goals, 11 assists. I've been quite impressed with Reiss Nelson so far and he's made it quite hard to leave him out of the team, with 19(2) appearances, 9 goals 5 assists.

I'm going to try not to buy too many players in the January window, although a better backup LB may be required.

I also got this nice little message in December:

GoldenGen.PNG

Ozil has again suffered a major injury, this time a damaged achilles tendon. Suggested time out is about 4 months again, meaning he'll have missed 8 months this season. His time at the club is likely to be up in the summer as I'm expecting his attributes to take a big hit.

6 hours ago, matt_afc said:

Finished season 1 in my Arsenal save. Ended up pretty good. Finished 2nd in the League behind a dominant Liverpool, plus won the Europa beating Lyon 2-0 comfortably in the final, after a tight 4-2 aggregate win over Ajax in the semi. United were top at Xmas but absolutely fell apart and drew at Watford (20th) on final day to miss out on CL. That, plus Spurs' terrible season, was also enjoyable in this save. Only real annoyance was losing so many away games (8 of my 9, only home defeat v Liverpool) so that's something I'll look at for next season.

1810899011_Screenshot2020-01-27at10_16_10.thumb.png.0ebc6f13136e1ac7f92d7d612079a814.png

Transfers were fun. Below are incomings and outgoings. I let Ozil go to United on loan in Jan as they were the only ones in for him and he didn't fit my tactic really. Eriksen signing on deadline day in Jan was opportunistic. No one else was in for him so I offered the asking price and it was easy from there. Dani Olmo has been a beast and was Player of the Year, scoring 18 goals in all comps and is already a Spanish full international worth £60m. Not bad for a £20m signing! Dias has also been great and Haaland did OK, both he and Auba were hot and cold but hopefully will become more consistent when I put the new patch in that fixes 1-on-1s. Sold Lacazette in Jan for £65m to Chelsea. Pretty unrealistic but he wasn't playing for me at all so was happy to cash in, and this helped fund Haaland and Dias in Jan.

68709875_Screenshot2020-01-27at10_16_45.thumb.png.8e872f8584ceaec5c6fcfcc4f6f7989a.png

678020677_Screenshot2020-01-27at10_17_01.thumb.png.991a345a45f126a9e15dfede7cf6150a.png

Busy summer ahead, trying to shift a lot of the deadwood that's been out on loan (Ozil, Mkhi, Elneny and probably Chambers too). Board hasn't given me much funds to play with yet, only £70m which is what I had in the bank anyway so am hoping that increases, especially with CL money incoming. Madrid were very interested in Auba at the end of the season so will see if they come forward as am open to cashing in and using Haaland and Nketiah (whose had a great season at Leeds), but open to keeping Auba if not.

Tactic and preferred XI below. Tactic obviously tweaks a bit based on opposition but this has worked to good effect, with Pepe top scorer (28 goals) and Bellerin top assist (11 assists) and Olmo has been superb, as mentioned.

1649149743_Screenshot2020-01-27at10_18_14.thumb.png.ffad1dbc978a7ffc67931242200fd2b5.png

Completely off topic, but your lack of badges etc is making me itch.

2 hours ago, Welshace said:

Completely off topic, but your lack of badges etc is making me itch.

Haha. I literally have no idea how to amend this so if it's easy to do then feel free to point me in the right direction!

Season 1 finished! We ended up winning the PL by 7 points over Man City, and relegated Mustafi's Crystal Palace on the last day of the season! Gouiri couldn't help loan club Newcastle in his few months there, and they ended up going down too. We also won the League Cup (2-0 over Manchester United) but lost 3-2 to the same team in the 5th round of the FA Cup to a 95th minute winner by Mason Greenwood. In the Europa League, we faced Valencia in the final which finished 2-0 to us. Young centre back Scott Kitchen came on in the 2nd half and scored our 2nd goal to secure the win.

Competitions:

Competitions.thumb.PNG.ab119a5eb446b5dd75029d105f533d87.PNG

Transfers In:

TransfersIn.thumb.PNG.ec70c76ab4641e7165432a829913a194.PNG

Transfers Out:

TransfersOut1.thumb.PNG.470cac4594257408074a0d73aeb4baa9.PNGTransfersOut2.thumb.PNG.458fee2785654b38872ea330eea5f51d.PNG

It feels a bit strange saying this, but next season we need to improve ourselves offensively. We finished the 2nd highest scorers in the PL with 91, however I'm still a little disappointed. Aubameyang finished the season with 28 goals in 51(6) games - considering he had 272 shots over the course of the season I'd be expecting better. Looking around at other teams, Martial managed 42 goals in less games and with less shots. Those are the kind of numbers I'm hoping for!

I'm also hoping to ship out some more players. As mentioned previously, Ozil is probably going to be on his way out if I can find someone that will take him. Martinez will be leaving on a free as he wanted to triple his wages to stay. Elneny will also be going, as he's agreed a move to Guangzhou. Kolasinac and Mkhitaryan will hopefully be on their way out as well, but I think I've changed my mind on David Luiz. I was initially intending for him to be a backup at best, but he ended up performing really well and replaced Ajer in my starting lineup.

On 27/01/2020 at 10:34, matt_afc said:

How on earth hdid you get Eriksen to sign he refuses to discuss terms when I tried

Arsenal 2020/21 Season

Transfers 

OUT: Ivan Strinic-£5m-Hoffenheim ,  Lorenzo De Silvstre-  £5m -Getafe , Mati Fernandez - retired , Morhammed Elneny - Free - Marseille , Lucas Silva - £23.5m - Milan , Gil -£9m - Roma , Henrikh Mkhitaryn - £11.5m - Bejing Guoan , Emiliano Viviano - £9.25m - Lazio , Alife mMatthews/Arthur Okonkwo/Jordan McNeff - released 

IN: Santi Cazorla - free - Villareal , Blasie Matuidi- Free , Fausto Vera  -4.9m , Darren Randolph - £3.2m - Middlesbrough , Jonathan Panzo - £9m - AS Monaco , Aaron Braithwaite* - £3m - Rochdale

*regen

LOANS

Arsenal 2.jpg

MY SENIOR SQAUD FOR 2020/21 SEASON

arsenal 1.jpg

I have added LB to Saka's positions

Edited by arsenalthebest

On 27/01/2020 at 10:38, Sean3h said:

First half of the season is now done! We're currently sitting in 1st with 54 points (17 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss) - Liverpool have a game in hand over us but are only on 50 points, so there's a little cushion there.

Stats wise I'm not hugely happy with how we're doing. We're 6th for possession, but only 11th for passes completed. We've created the highest number of chances by far (105 to Everton's 77) and have the highest number of shots on target (241 to Liverpool's 200) but we're just not putting away as many as I'd like, especially considering we've scored less than Liverpool. 

In terms of playing personnel, we had big injuries to Mesut Ozil (broken leg before the season began) and Bruno Fernandes (torn hamstring) so we were without a couple of our best midfielders for quite some time. Aubameyang has been our best player so far, with 25(5) appearances and 14 goals, 11 assists. I've been quite impressed with Reiss Nelson so far and he's made it quite hard to leave him out of the team, with 19(2) appearances, 9 goals 5 assists.

I'm going to try not to buy too many players in the January window, although a better backup LB may be required.

I also got this nice little message in December:

GoldenGen.PNG

Nice pull, interesting to see what you get when the players turn up.

Had similar youth intake preview with terrific group of golden generation coming through.

Had a lot of fullbacks coming through with promising CB, very handy winger … could be great but really wanted a goalie.

You can cancel those affiliates without any consequence.  They don’t do anything but take up space.

I want to try to get the various clubs around the world that have the Arsenal name as affiliates.  Arsenal de Sarandi in Argentina and Arsenal Tula in Russia are the two big ones.  SC Braga has a minor connection, as well.