FM20 - Arsenal: Time For Artekkers Tiki Taka Tactics?

SteveUK

3 minutes ago, Garygooner666 said:

Great how you managed to get everyone so fit beginning of the season in August

My players didn't get any rest from the previous season due to the new Fifa Club World Cup format, where it has you play about 5 games at the end of June and into July reached the end of the tournament but lost to Liverpool again on penalties :( , then had a few friendlies at the end of July.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, OmegaFM said:

Hello Everyone,

Started my annual Arsenal save pretty late this year due to doing a KRC Genk save first this time round but currently in Jan in first season and to say we are (arguably) overachieving is an understatement with us firmly keeping up with Liverpool and City in the title race but a poor december could have killed our hopes of the title anyways heres the prem table154755456_Screenshot(20).thumb.png.efc2853babb47766a0c2d93fe930f43d.png

europa 

1862442144_Screenshot(22).thumb.png.c5bd581247c9e8ae40089d9d3f17a1fb.png

and my tactic which is a more attacking version of Arrigo Sacchi's italy 94 tactic

42855840_Screenshot(21).thumb.png.52e37e93597c06e255a7b534e9b8d492.pngn

anyways its the start of Jan and i'm off to spend 80 mil on a new defence (backup RB Mallo, Arias or Atleti's croatian whos name i cant spell and a new CB we good at LB tho with me somehow getting good results outta Sead Kolasinac so imma start exploring options for the CB)

What skin are u using pal looks good 

January Update

So end of January and had a good transfer window and was extremely good on the pitch this month

291293539_Screenshot(23).thumb.png.8616d1eaf3ebb201101e340ae391f641.png

only lost points against city which was a match we should have won but a penalty and a late goal stopped that happening

1137491383_Screenshot(24).thumb.png.d844f4ab629b682414392676c407e269.png

Not sure how to feel about league table being 5 points clear of chelsea but 3 points behind city and a 9 point difference between us and league leaders Liverpool (looks like we're out the title race now)

623685326_Screenshot(25).thumb.png.90c5c9e071e1aa2430d0220900079f47.png

Now some of you may think im insane when you see the Florentino Luis transfer for 85 mil disclaimer my board handled it 😅 but pulled of a massive coup in getting in AYMERIC LAPORTE ON LOAN(optional future fee of 40mil) and also signing Santiago Arias after Vigo kept stalling about Hugo Mallo and Luiz Felipe after deal for Cristian Romero fell through and signing Willem Geubbles for 12 mil and then selling Mustafi to Shakhtar Donetsk for 14 mil Xhaka to Monaco for 15 mil Sokratis for 11 mil to Guangzhou Evergrande sending Saka on loan to Real Sociedad after Smith-Rowe has made the left wing his own it was either Martinelli or Saka leaving and offer came in for Saka first and then selling an ever declining Mesut Ozil to Man Utd for 13.5 Mil with us paying 100k for a season and a half so a very good January altogether

Edited by OmegaFM

With the beta out I think I'm going to be starting my "proper" Arsenal save. I've played around with a few separate saves already and feel like I now want to get into things properly!

I'm going to be playing a 4-2-3-1 as I still love the AMC position even though it's not hugely effective this year.

One question I have, mainly for @SteveUK based on his fantastic deals, is how to go about getting rid of the dead wood? In some of my playaround saves I've tried offering out people like Mustafi, Kolasinac, etc, however I've not been getting any real interest, let alone teams willing to pay the amount you managed to get! Tips would be greatly appreciated considering shifting players is necessary to start the rebuild!

1 hour ago, Sean3h said:

With the beta out I think I'm going to be starting my "proper" Arsenal save. I've played around with a few separate saves already and feel like I now want to get into things properly!

I'm going to be playing a 4-2-3-1 as I still love the AMC position even though it's not hugely effective this year.

One question I have, mainly for @SteveUK based on his fantastic deals, is how to go about getting rid of the dead wood? In some of my playaround saves I've tried offering out people like Mustafi, Kolasinac, etc, however I've not been getting any real interest, let alone teams willing to pay the amount you managed to get! Tips would be greatly appreciated considering shifting players is necessary to start the rebuild!

I chose the French start date 12th of June i think is when i began my save, depending on the start date you choose different clubs will be interested in different players, i offered Kola (he had the WNT sign next to his name for Bayern Munich), Sokratis, Xhaka, Chambers out initially for transfer (also make sure you have it set so it adds them to the transfer list too, you can set this as default in the staff responsibilities section, if you don't list them when you offer them out they can become unhappy that you are touting their services out and also it seems to have a different effect on what clubs will become interested straight away.) Utd came in straight away for Xhaka, Bayern for Kola, several clubs for Chambers and Liverpool for Sokratis.

When clubs bid for your players one thing you shouldn't do is reject all the ones you aren't interested straight away, reason for this is it will tell the AI they have no competition for the player so won't be willing to pay as much, next is look at the bids i will use Chambers as my example here, he had about 6 bids, one was a non negotiable bid, the other 5 negotiable, 3 were about £12mil, the other 2 £14.5mil now i usually find that clubs will be willing to go up to a certain amount, a sweet spot i will call it, and most of the time its about £5-10mil more than they are initially offering so i negotiated and said i wanted £20mil rather than £14.5, they brought it down, so i went back to £20mil but then reduced it by .5, and the club which was Leicester accepted it, tried it with the other high bid but they wouldn't go for the £19.5mil that Leicester would pay so then i rejected them. It can be a bit hit and miss you have to make a guess at the finances of most of the bidders, obviously Premier League teams, most of Serie A, La Liga and Bundesliga, 2 or 3 of France and Portugal teams have really good finances, when they bid check to see if they have sold players recently or brought anyone in, if they have a transfer pending out that will give them more money, reject their bid till they sell the player then offer the player out again once they sell theirs, this should mean they come back with a bigger offer.

Also remember the AI is doing lots of transfers in the background so money is moving around a lot during the windows, so i tend to keep offering players out every time i click the continue button to progress, there also seems to be like checkpoints in the game where the AI teams change there mind on when to bid for players, by this i mean, i was offering a player out every day around the 25-30 of June then all of a sudden on July 1st teams become interested, i know this is when a window officially opens but the teams could of still bid for the players before then, i find this happens quite a bit when changing into a new month. If you have players who have the WNT sign with clubs interested keep checking their teams to see if they are negotiating to sell any players, so you are ready to offer your players out as soon as they sell theirs and have money available so your player becomes the first target for them so to speak.

As i said with Mustafi i had to buy a player from Watford to be able to sell him to them for a reasonable amount but still contribute a part of his wages, generally if a club asks for wages from you for the player it often means the player will reject that club if you refuse to pay the extra, as that club can't meet their demands, i had this with Mkhitaryan most recently and was a pain in my ass, sitting there moaning at me cause he wanted to leave but wouldn't cause i refused to pay £100k for 3 years.

Clubs tend to refill their bank accounts around the same times each season and allocate new transfer funds so there is points in the season where its more advantageous to offer the players out to get larger amounts of that clubs budget.

You can get decent fees for loaning players out and also demanding clubs pay wages in full, David Luiz for example can't sell him in first window initially as he's only just joined but you can offer him out for loan full wages, and a maximum of £300k (this has been the maximum loan fee i have been able to charge for a player) Man City took him in my save, and Ozil went to Utd for 70percent of his wages and £300k fee i think.

Elite clubs will pay all wages and £300k max, Championship and lower end of top leagues tend to be willing to pay £150-250k loan fee and all wages, and lower leagues will pay all wages but no fees. 

Last thing because its 2am and i'm rambling :lol:, but your top players you try to sell like say Auba or Laca, if a big club comes in they seem to be a bit more willing to do chunkier instalments, which is how i got the 60 odd mill upfront and 32ish one 12month instalment for Auba, if they only try to pay you £50 or so million its probably cause they are reserving funds for other targets but they might be willing to do a chunk of the transfer for next season.

TLDR, Can depend on your chosen start date, keep checking clubs ins and outs to time transfer offering outs right and or keep offering your listed players out daily, get loan fees and full wages paid for loaning your players out,(except Mesut cause he's a *****) only reject derisory offers after you finalise the best offer to keep the AI thinking it has competition in the negotiations.

Hope some of this rambling helps.

Edited by SteveUK

I have just restarted my Arsenal game from old save load which I set the start date from Brazil in May.  By doing this it gives me extra time to sort out the backroom staff/scouts etc and I find you can pick up some players far cheaper.

I try to unsettle as many transfer targets as I can so once I sell some players I can bring in some top quality starters for a fraction of their value.

I start off by buying in some of the best youth talent I can to stock in the u23s

Spoiler

Gasparini Armini Kenneh all £500k upfront and £500k/2 years.

Vazquez for £1.1m fee release

Gravenberch £1m fee with £800k/2 years.

Bellingham £2m fee with £2m/2 years.

I managed to upset Gouiri buying him and immediately loaning him to West Brom who are paying his full wage and 500k/month.  Mavropanos went on loan to Derby for 500k/month paying full wage 

Spoiler

Paid Lyon £3m for Gouiri with £6mil over following 2yrs but West Brom paying me £6mil just to loan him for the season. 

Next was brilliant as Brighton paid £22.5m for Mustafi and ManU paid £46.5m for Ozil (20k wage left to pay).  Never managed to sell Ozil the 1st time round so need some new arrivals

Signed Pellegri on loan with future option after unsettling him

Haaland, Verschaeren, Camavinga, Florentino Luis and Ruben Dias all came in

Spoiler

Haaland £12mil with £20m/2 years

Verschaeren £6.25m with £12.5m/2 years

Camavinga £6m with £12m/3 years

Florentino Luis £13m with £28.5m/3 years

Ruben Dias £12m with £27m/3 years

SC  Lacazette  Haaland  Pellegri                                                           Light blue is u23/cup games

LW  Aubameyang  Smith Rowe  Martinelli

RW  Pepe Nelson Saka

MC  Verschaeren  Ceballos  Willock 

MC  Guendouzi  Xhaka  Bellingham  Gravenberch

DM  Florentino  Torreira  Camavinga  Kenneh

LB  Tierney  Kolasinac  Vazquez 

RB  Bellerin  Chambers  Maitland

CB  Sokratis  Holding  Medley

CB  RubenDias  DavidLuiz  Armini

GK  Leno  Martinez  Macey  Gasparini

One of the best squads I have assembled going into the first season and have just over £16m left heading into last day of transfer window.

Will seriously need to balance the books in the January/Summer windows and try to balance the squad

February Update

This was a bit of a let down after January picking up 2 wins and 3 draws in all competitions

796198516_Screenshot(34).thumb.png.6965e83348a14730725ed5bb91579415.png

This has left us still 3rd in the table and about 8 points behind 2nd place City and only 2 points clear of 4th place S**m Oh i meant Spurs

766588335_Screenshot(35).thumb.png.576e35ccefce82cd85f2d78dbade1a30.png

We have advanced to R16 in UEL after beating FC Basel and drew Olympique Lyon

1755916810_Screenshot(37).thumb.png.c3e7be5880017016607bceff53ae2178.png 

We're currently on a B for club vision

2140390700_Screenshot(38).thumb.png.f35ee0de8e1c33b11d3e8b98ebed5b70.png

and Next month we're getting a supposed "golden generation" and Im gonna let whoever replies name a regen on the next update anyways got 1st place Liverpool next at home to kick off a dreadful looking march facing 3 of the top 6

33 minutes ago, OmegaFM said:

February Update

This was a bit of a let down after January picking up 2 wins and 3 draws in all competitions

796198516_Screenshot(34).thumb.png.6965e83348a14730725ed5bb91579415.png

This has left us still 3rd in the table and about 8 points behind 2nd place City and only 2 points clear of 4th place S**m Oh i meant Spurs

766588335_Screenshot(35).thumb.png.576e35ccefce82cd85f2d78dbade1a30.png

We have advanced to R16 in UEL after beating FC Basel and drew Olympique Lyon

1755916810_Screenshot(37).thumb.png.c3e7be5880017016607bceff53ae2178.png 

We're currently on a B for club vision

2140390700_Screenshot(38).thumb.png.f35ee0de8e1c33b11d3e8b98ebed5b70.png

and Next month we're getting a supposed "golden generation" and Im gonna let whoever replies name a regen on the next update anyways got 1st place Liverpool next at home to kick off a dreadful looking march facing 3 of the top 6

That golden generation intake sounds cool, hopefully its something like the United 92 Generation :)

6 hours ago, Garygooner666 said:

I have just restarted my Arsenal game from old save load which I set the start date from Brazil in May.  By doing this it gives me extra time to sort out the backroom staff/scouts etc and I find you can pick up some players far cheaper.

I try to unsettle as many transfer targets as I can so once I sell some players I can bring in some top quality starters for a fraction of their value.

Impressive amount for Ozil! never tried having my start date as May, will try that if i make a new save with the Official February Update!. It's further evidence that start dates really do have a large effect on being able to sell players for differing values.

Those are some very good loan fee's i might have to try for higher ones like that again, i kept getting the impression £300k was the most the AI would offer me so never went past it.

Unsettling players really is a great tactic :).

Youth Intake

Biggest

Letdown

EVER

1646309873_Screenshot(43).thumb.png.80387d9e26f5b7e44af5b7e69de50295.png

There's really only two players of note after this was considered to be a "Golden generation" I was right to be skeptical although a striker with 20 determination and 4 star potential could potentially be amazing but im gonna try see if i can poach any youngsters from some top academies like man city and chelsea but still what a let down

7 hours ago, Garygooner666 said:

I start off by buying in some of the best youth talent I can to stock in the u23s

Reveal hidden contents

Gasparini Armini Kenneh all £500k upfront and £500k/2 years.

Vazquez for £1.1m fee release

Gravenberch £1m fee with £800k/2 years.

Bellingham £2m fee with £2m/2 years.

I managed to upset Gouiri buying him and immediately loaning him to West Brom who are paying his full wage and 500k/month.  Mavropanos went on loan to Derby for 500k/month paying full wage 

Reveal hidden contents

Paid Lyon £3m for Gouiri with £6mil over following 2yrs but West Brom paying me £6mil just to loan him for the season. 

Next was brilliant as Brighton paid £22.5m for Mustafi and ManU paid £46.5m for Ozil (20k wage left to pay).  Never managed to sell Ozil the 1st time round so need some new arrivals

Signed Pellegri on loan with future option after unsettling him

Haaland, Verschaeren, Camavinga, Florentino Luis and Ruben Dias all came in

Reveal hidden contents

Haaland £12mil with £20m/2 years

Verschaeren £6.25m with £12.5m/2 years

Camavinga £6m with £12m/3 years

Florentino Luis £13m with £28.5m/3 years

Ruben Dias £12m with £27m/3 years

SC  Lacazette  Haaland  Pellegri                                                           Light blue is u23/cup games

LW  Aubameyang  Smith Rowe  Martinelli

RW  Pepe Nelson Saka

MC  Verschaeren  Ceballos  Willock 

MC  Guendouzi  Xhaka  Bellingham  Gravenberch

DM  Florentino  Torreira  Camavinga  Kenneh

LB  Tierney  Kolasinac  Vazquez 

RB  Bellerin  Chambers  Maitland

CB  Sokratis  Holding  Medley

CB  RubenDias  DavidLuiz  Armini

GK  Leno  Martinez  Macey  Gasparini

One of the best squads I have assembled going into the first season and have just over £16m left heading into last day of transfer window.

Will seriously need to balance the books in the January/Summer windows and try to balance the squad

how on earth you sign camavinga? he never wants to leave when ive tried?

33 minutes ago, OmegaFM said:

355115236_Screenshot(44).thumb.png.aaa4377c162a07cc922bf07e603caf6a.png

Anyone got any names for him I dont fancy having to type his name too often

Dave Tickle :D.

And that intake was disappointing :( have you got your best scout/staff doing the assessing to ensure the right ability/potential feedback information?

14 minutes ago, SteveUK said:

Dave Tickle :D.

And that intake was disappointing :( have you got your best scout/staff doing the assessing to ensure the right ability/potential feedback information?

Checked my scouts the moment the intake only kept 5

Following the great advice, I've now started my save and the transfer window has slammed shut! We've made a lot of changes ahead of our opening Premier League fixture.

Our squad is now looking like this:

GKs:

Spoiler
  • Bernd Leno - Happy with him as my #1, no real need to replace him here
  • Emiliano Martinez - Will keep him on for a season as #2 and decide on his future later
  • Maarten Vandevoordt - I wanted a better young 'keeper than Macey, so brought in this 17 year old Belgian to be our 3rd choice

Full backs:

Spoiler
  • Hector Bellerin - When he's fit, he'll be our DR 100%. I aim to keep him for some time unless a big offer comes in
  • Kieran Tierney - He needs to prove his fitness, but I can see him being our DL for years to come if he does
  • Ainsley Maitland-Niles - I chose to keep him partly due to HG quotas and partly due to his versatility, he may be moved on in future
  • Calum Chambers - Similar to AMN

Centre backs:

Spoiler
  • Ruben Dias - Big money signing, he should be able to lead our defence for a long time
  • Kristoffer Ajer - I'm hoping he'll turn into a ball playing version of BFG, I have high hopes for him
  • Zinho Vanheusden - Another new signing, he'll need to develop quickly
  • David Luiz - I struggled to move him on, so he stays for now to provide cover

Centre mids:

Spoiler
  • Bruno Fernandes - Another huge signing, he'll either play MC or AMC depending on who else is in the lineup
  • Bruno Guimaraes - Double Bruno! We've been linked with him IRL - my aim is to develop him into an IWB if he doesn't quite cut it at MC
  • Lucas Torreira - Will rotate with Bruno G in the more defensive MC role
  • Matteo Guendouzi - Not too sure what to do with him, so he'll just be rotating
  • Joe Willock - Same as Matteo, will be a rotation option for now
  • Jude Bellingham - He'll be used in all midfield roles as cover until I decide where I want him long term

Wingers:

Spoiler
  • Nicolas Pepe - Needs to prove that he's up to his price tag. Will be moved on if he doesn't
  • Reiss Nelson - I have high hopes for Reiss, hopefully he can live up to the hype
  • Emile Smith Rowe - Similar expectations to Reiss, but a completely different kind of player. I'll try to develop him as an AMC if he doesn't work out wide
  • Gabriel Martinelli - I have the highest hopes of the lot for Gabriel - a very exciting prospect who can also cover at ST

Attacking mids:

Spoiler
  • Mesut Ozil - I still really hope Mesut can return to his old ways. He won't be getting a new contract though, so he's either sold or leaves on a free when his deal expires
  • Dani Olmi - Mesut's successor, he'll be getting a lot of game time

Strikers:

Spoiler
  • Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - I chose to sell Lacazette in order to keep Auba. Hopefully he proves me right!
  • Amine Gouiri - Laca's replacement - looks a great player already and I hope he continues to grow

We also signed Nicolo Armini who has gone out on loan to Fleetwood. Kolasinac went on loan to Southampton for 300k/m and 100% wages.

Will do another update when we get to January!

3 hours ago, Sean3h said:

Following the great advice, I've now started my save and the transfer window has slammed shut! We've made a lot of changes ahead of our opening Premier League fixture.

Our squad is now looking like this:

GKs:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Bernd Leno - Happy with him as my #1, no real need to replace him here
  • Emiliano Martinez - Will keep him on for a season as #2 and decide on his future later
  • Maarten Vandevoordt - I wanted a better young 'keeper than Macey, so brought in this 17 year old Belgian to be our 3rd choice

Full backs:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Hector Bellerin - When he's fit, he'll be our DR 100%. I aim to keep him for some time unless a big offer comes in
  • Kieran Tierney - He needs to prove his fitness, but I can see him being our DL for years to come if he does
  • Ainsley Maitland-Niles - I chose to keep him partly due to HG quotas and partly due to his versatility, he may be moved on in future
  • Calum Chambers - Similar to AMN

Centre backs:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Ruben Dias - Big money signing, he should be able to lead our defence for a long time
  • Kristoffer Ajer - I'm hoping he'll turn into a ball playing version of BFG, I have high hopes for him
  • Zinho Vanheusden - Another new signing, he'll need to develop quickly
  • David Luiz - I struggled to move him on, so he stays for now to provide cover

Centre mids:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Bruno Fernandes - Another huge signing, he'll either play MC or AMC depending on who else is in the lineup
  • Bruno Guimaraes - Double Bruno! We've been linked with him IRL - my aim is to develop him into an IWB if he doesn't quite cut it at MC
  • Lucas Torreira - Will rotate with Bruno G in the more defensive MC role
  • Matteo Guendouzi - Not too sure what to do with him, so he'll just be rotating
  • Joe Willock - Same as Matteo, will be a rotation option for now
  • Jude Bellingham - He'll be used in all midfield roles as cover until I decide where I want him long term

Wingers:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Nicolas Pepe - Needs to prove that he's up to his price tag. Will be moved on if he doesn't
  • Reiss Nelson - I have high hopes for Reiss, hopefully he can live up to the hype
  • Emile Smith Rowe - Similar expectations to Reiss, but a completely different kind of player. I'll try to develop him as an AMC if he doesn't work out wide
  • Gabriel Martinelli - I have the highest hopes of the lot for Gabriel - a very exciting prospect who can also cover at ST

Attacking mids:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Mesut Ozil - I still really hope Mesut can return to his old ways. He won't be getting a new contract though, so he's either sold or leaves on a free when his deal expires
  • Dani Olmi - Mesut's successor, he'll be getting a lot of game time

Strikers:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - I chose to sell Lacazette in order to keep Auba. Hopefully he proves me right!
  • Amine Gouiri - Laca's replacement - looks a great player already and I hope he continues to grow

We also signed Nicolo Armini who has gone out on loan to Fleetwood. Kolasinac went on loan to Southampton for 300k/m and 100% wages.

Will do another update when we get to January!

I managed vandevoordt with KRC Genk he was amazing for me when i had to call on him but he was never gonna go long in the XI with my first choice coucke winning goalie of the year back to back

Edited by OmegaFM
added things i didnt want

March update

Ok this was an improvement on February with 4 wins (including beating Liverpool and Chelsea) 1 draw and getting knocked out of the Europa and FA cup1441812690_Screenshot(47).thumb.png.edd1f8e62b72496e32536b9cb2b3a9ae.png

of course League table is unchanged where it matters for us

812465154_Screenshot(51).thumb.png.d039dd4863cddaed7e3c192213ccacd1.png

We lost to Lyon 4-4 on away goals and lost Leicester 2-1 95 minute winner so we was really unlucky but gonna try sign the player that knocked me out the UEL Amine Gouiri (cuz who didnt see this coming when i sign geubbles over him) but anyways with us still having an outside chance at the title only dropping 2 points over the whole month

10 hours ago, SteveUK said:

Impressive amount for Ozil! never tried having my start date as May, will try that if i make a new save with the Official February Update!. It's further evidence that start dates really do have a large effect on being able to sell players for differing values.

Those are some very good loan fee's i might have to try for higher ones like that again, i kept getting the impression £300k was the most the AI would offer me so never went past it.

Unsettling players really is a great tactic :).

Starting a couple of months early means the youth players aren't as developed as starting mid July and are cheaper,  teams are also trying to balance the books too.

With Arsenal there aren't many players I haven't managed to unsettle in truth it sometimes just takes time and multiple bids, wait and do it again.  I often do it to rival teams to drop their morale too.

With the Loans of Mavropanos and Gouiri I did them on July 1st if that helps 

SEASON REVIEW

We had a good season which we can build on to hopefully challenge for the title next season finishing clear 3rd

1687559205_Screenshot(52).thumb.png.0f264ac68243724df88c44fa7501a179.png

Of course every club has its goods and bads and in one match for us the down right ugly with our strong points being

A 6-0 dismissal of Sheffield United

390095885_Screenshot(53).thumb.png.4c7aea3173ecdaf9cd70236d280d66cf.png

Defeating Champions Liverpool 2-0

929687528_Screenshot(54).thumb.png.ba8a25e44199e3ab14432a459e2ea2d4.png

And battering Chelsea 3-0

798256157_Screenshot(55).thumb.png.6c1723e600f4e52d6c3b4dadabbe3e57.png

Now the bad

Our Europa League (specifically our time in France)

1035765879_Screenshot(56).thumb.png.caed64de359b5cc7fd9ea8607c761da0.png

And the worst part of the season (god why am i showing this)

265070473_Screenshot(58).thumb.png.b54bda861a22d50b845a7c3f922f7c20.png

A hammering at the hands of Sc*m Fc 

Haven't got any budgets but im predicting a Transfer budget of 120mil after getting 80mil in Jan also gonna try and sell Auba

6 minutes ago, OmegaFM said:

1615933229_Screenshot(61).thumb.png.0fd4b25218cb2f59e6c6f10ce39ee1d3.png

Right then here's the deal this is the player I've identified as Auba replacement however he would fail to obtain a work permit UNLESS i pay 18 mil upfront what should i do

I don't think Hurtado for £18m is worth it, would rather stick with Nketiah.

Try unsettling a few of these ..

Spoiler

Haaland … paid £32m/3 deadline day of opening season.

Pellegri … Upset him and loaned for season.  Have option to buy at £6.5m but is transfer listed at £4.3m.  He does pick up minor injuries frequently so is best to rotate him.

Esposito …  Scout him well as can be either world class or Bendtner

Arp … Goal machine in my german save for Bayern and normally £10-12mil at start of game.  Is on high wage at Bayern

Gouiri … Managed to upset and sign for 9m/3 and loan to West Brom for £500k a month and full wage.  Will rejoin end of season after full year as starter in England and earn me £3m.

1 minute ago, Garygooner666 said:

I don't think Hurtado for £18m is worth it, would rather stick with Nketiah.

Try unsettling a few of these ..

Hide contents

Haaland … paid £32m/3 deadline day of opening season.

Pellegri … Upset him and loaned for season.  Have option to buy at £6.5m but is transfer listed at £4.3m.  He does pick up minor injuries frequently so is best to rotate him.

Esposito …  Scout him well as can be either world class or Bendtner

Arp … Goal machine in my german save for Bayern and normally £10-12mil at start of game.  Is on high wage at Bayern

Gouiri … Managed to upset and sign for 9m/3 and loan to West Brom for £500k a month and full wage.  Will rejoin end of season after full year as starter in England and earn me £3m.

cool thx i wasn't too sure what to do would sign Gouiri but we dont have a good relationship after he scored 4 goals against us over 2 legs to knock us out the UEL

I've decided that we're pretty stacked upfront even without Auba with Nketiah and Geubbles showing massive potential along with youth intake star Dave Tickle (named by @SteveUK) so wont need to sign any strikers allowing me to use a 126 mil budget to help in other areas (That im struggling to identify)

1809626993_Screenshot(66).thumb.png.be9f5a27a40f71468ae0860f87e8f8c6.png1487372720_Screenshot(67).thumb.png.40a68e958e4f9006224fb5beedd8912c.png

My current skin doesn't fit it all on the screen but if I could have some help identifying areas you think i could improve would be greatly appreciated

Now the nostalgia has overwhelmed me with this signing but I couldnt let a player so technically gifted end his time at arsenal the way he had too so Ladies and Gentlemen Boys and Girls I give to you the return of the little magician SANTI CAZORLA

6150995_Screenshot(75).thumb.png.495d43cb6a730367fb97047762210bac.png

Pep got sacked for finishing second in first season too.

In my game I got a brexit that made all players I had purchased not need a work permit, I signed a Brazilian before brexit kicked in and he didn’t get a work permit and would join when he was 18, brexit happened then the lad arrived a few months later and there was no need for a work permit application, loaned him to Norwich.

Continued my save last night and bought in a couple more players leaving my transfer budget down to £10mil.

Spoiler

Hickey is a cheap at 150k and my board love it.

Marco Kana was £3m with £6m/3yrs and can play multiple positions.  Signed him on deadline day (his birthday) so he came in on 4yr deal rather then 3

Bella-Kotchap was £3m with £7m/2yrs who I wanted to pair with Armini in youth team

Have commited spending of £60m for 2020 and 2021 and £37.5m for 2022 so going to need to sell players end of season.

Good start to season with 2-1 away win at Aston Villa and 2-1 comeback at home to Liverpool although my Defence is looking ropey to long through balls

On 16/01/2020 at 20:31, OmegaFM said:

Hello Everyone,

Started my annual Arsenal save pretty late this year due to doing a KRC Genk save first this time round but currently in Jan in first season and to say we are (arguably) overachieving is an understatement with us firmly keeping up with Liverpool and City in the title race but a poor december could have killed our hopes of the title anyways heres the prem table154755456_Screenshot(20).thumb.png.efc2853babb47766a0c2d93fe930f43d.png

europa 

1862442144_Screenshot(22).thumb.png.c5bd581247c9e8ae40089d9d3f17a1fb.png

and my tactic which is a more attacking version of Arrigo Sacchi's italy 94 tactic

42855840_Screenshot(21).thumb.png.52e37e93597c06e255a7b534e9b8d492.pngn

anyways its the start of Jan and i'm off to spend 80 mil on a new defence (backup RB Mallo, Arias or Atleti's croatian whos name i cant spell and a new CB we good at LB tho with me somehow getting good results outta Sead Kolasinac so imma start exploring options for the CB)

How's Smith rowe working out for you?

Also, what's that skin called?

16 minutes ago, Garygooner666 said:

Did loan John-Jules to Hull for £200k/month and Balogun to Vancouver for 100k/month.  Have forgotten but does the loan fees get added to wages or to transfer funds ??

Loan fees go into your transfer funds.

57 minutes ago, Raymubdo21 said:

How's Smith rowe working out for you?

Also, what's that skin called?

Smith Rowe was amazing when called upon but the left wing was between him martinelli and ozil till i sold ozil in Jan to united then i just couldnt justify taking him out the team and its called Yacs 0.8.0

Just wanted to share how our U18 Left back Joel Lopez has developed in less than 2 seasons, doesnt look much at the start but give him a few cup games plus get Sokratis to mentor him and he really improves fast!

Joel Lopez Development.png

Edited by dcaine100

Some of my youths have been performing really well

Apps/Gls/Assts/Ave Rat

Folarin Balogun: 9/7/3/7.64

Resiss Nelson: 7(7)/6/4/7.36

Emile Smith-Rowe: 5(4)/4/2/7.35

Bukayo Saka: 9(2)/2/6/7.29

Gabriel Martinelli: 11(2)/6/4/7.49

Arsenal 2.jpg

Edited by arsenalthebest

How many changes do you all make when you rotate for EL/Cups?

I have always found with FM that too many changes to starting XI affects performance. When I've made 7 or 8 changes it routinely results in a poor/unrealistic performance. As such, I've been a little cautious when making too many changes and have probably overplayed some key players especially in the EL, which is totally opposite of how Arsenal are IRL. I normally just make 2 or 3 changes and use subs earlier (if game is looking comfortable) but would be good to know others feedback on this?