FM20 - Arsenal: Time For Artekkers Tiki Taka Tactics?

SteveUK

25 minutes ago, BrickCommo23 said:

So, regular readers (ahem...) will know I have lost the last three league titles by a combined total of 2 points. Having looked back over a few things it's clear I haven't scored enough goals. I've been solid at the back but not putting enough away.

I think I have had the FM equivalent of a midlife crisis...

20200313175509_1.thumb.jpg.4d327c484a3d9f93e6ace62ff0376edd.jpg

I wouldn't worry, I'll be signing him if/when I'm able to :D

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, arsenalthebest said:

Can't believe how good Tyreece John-Jules has been 10+3 apprences with EIGHTTEEN goals and four assits :eek:

Yeah he can be great, I signed him for Galatasaray in my previous save and he ended up an England squad regular.

12 hours ago, arsenalthebest said:

Can't believe how good Tyreece John-Jules has been 10+3 apprences with EIGHTTEEN goals and four assits :eek: 

Wow im goin to have to give him more game time! Were his appearances in the league or cup games?

Edited by dcaine100

11 minutes ago, dcaine100 said:

Wow im goin to have to give him more game time! Were his appearances in the league or cup games?

He must have random PA as rubbish for me. 2 stars 4 years in and still had 8 for stamina... 

Sold for £2.3m in the end 

Start of the season has been a mixed bag in terms of results. Some really strong rear guard performances winning the big games by the smallest margins, but we are struggling to beat the lesser sides. We often lose the midfield battle and have relied on goals from a wide range of sources to win games.

47389601_Aug-Oct2021.thumb.PNG.036f0f8a27fd4f9ed6dbf26e630e9fa6.PNG

We're currently very low in table for average possession, below even a Diego Simeone Manchester United side. Unexpectedly, Crystal Palace are the tika-taka side of the division to emulate!

967776472_AveragePossesion.thumb.PNG.4d17f593ebb02bcd75aec066194666f1.PNG

A few other developments include appointing Ake and Handanovic as captain and vice-captain. One of my favourite players also arrived in a free deal in his final season before retiring. If he can chip in with a goal or two it would be fantastic! And Guendouzi has now maxed out his new lucrative contract.

717952026_CPandVP.thumb.PNG.d3dfb5dd65f3390595f2e89c2e41dd16.PNG

gomez.thumb.PNG.fdc8f2a81a3dc1b5bf652a4ccc34efe9.PNG

1650503665_Newhighestearner.thumb.PNG.a7146cbb5eec920488711ae753c3a5a3.PNG

SEASON 4 FEBRUARY TO MAY

Weirdly this season felt like a complete fail, but we're the champions of england... Can only put it down to our poor showing in the cups as in the league we beat our record points total and also lost just three matches. The first teams average age is just 22 years old, only change I may make is to sell on Leno (though he has been great for me) and promoting James Hillson to no1.

x6UAxR1.png

z7qYtqu.png

AegJMgG.png

CfJIH3Q.png

dvEpDlv.png

Ozil been good for me but can’t justify his wages when his contract runs out so will look to replace him. Will look to play the player in AMC as an advanced playmaker attack. Any recommendations? Pellegrini, havertz, Maddison, felix? 

SEASON 5 AUGUST TO SEPTEMBER

Fairly standard start to the season, decent against the bigger sides and then mixed against the lower. A very quiet window where we made just the one signing, a wonderkid right back from Anderlecht. In other news our finances are pretty good!

W0sK7wv.png

57N3JOE.png

5v34llt.png

OgKsk7V.png

GOqQhmx.png

Gw2ABv7.png

13 hours ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

SEASON 5 AUGUST TO SEPTEMBER

Fairly standard start to the season, decent against the bigger sides and then mixed against the lower. A very quiet window where we made just the one signing, a wonderkid right back from Anderlecht. In other news our finances are pretty good!

W0sK7wv.png

57N3JOE.png

5v34llt.png

OgKsk7V.png

GOqQhmx.png

Gw2ABv7.png

£600m balance is incredible. Well done. What's been your total net transfer spend? Wonder if that's why mine isn't so healthy...

34 minutes ago, BrickCommo23 said:

£600m balance is incredible. Well done. What's been your total net transfer spend? Wonder if that's why mine isn't so healthy...

I'll have a look when home later, think we're in profit but not sure how much. Still a long way behind the likes of Man Utd when it comes to sponsorship etc though.

my top five players by value

Gabriel Martinelli £82m

Nicolas Pepe £78m

Eddie Nketiah £76m

Reiss Nelson £75m

Jude Bellingham £73m

Total: £384m Average Value: £76.8

Acdemy players Value (Min £15m)

Eddie Nketiah £76m

Reiss Nelson £75m

Ainsley Maitland-Niles £68m

joe Willock £66m

Emile Smith-Rowe £63m

Bukayo Saka £61m

Tyreeche- John-Jules £42m

Trae Coyle £28.5m

Folarin Balogun £25.5m

Jason Bilyk £17.5m*

Catalin Cirjan £17m

Total: £539.5m   Average Value: ‭£49m(just over)

*Regen

Hi Guys, 

For some reason whenever i play as Arsenal, and ONLY Arsenal, my "Staff" section shows 2/1 in the Manager box, i started some other games and this never happens with other teams, only Arsenal even when I add a new manager to a new game, it only happens as Arsenal.

Anyone know why/how?!?! Deleted the game and redownloaded it and still no change. Only showing up on Arsenal. Is this a bug following 20.4 update? And if so, can I continue playing as them? Or will this lead to a bigger crash? I am unsure of how to delete the cache and preferences like in other FM’s, don’t know if this will help. I just want to play as arsenal!!

98FF0151-A2B5-4A83-9DDF-8803F4B258E3.png

15 minutes ago, Georgej2323 said:

Hi Guys, 

For some reason whenever i play as Arsenal, and ONLY Arsenal, my "Staff" section shows 2/1 in the Manager box, i started some other games and this never happens with other teams, only Arsenal even when I add a new manager to a new game, it only happens as Arsenal.

Anyone know why/how?!?! Deleted the game and redownloaded it and still no change. Only showing up on Arsenal. Is this a bug following 20.4 update? And if so, can I continue playing as them? Or will this lead to a bigger crash? I am unsure of how to delete the cache and preferences like in other FM’s, don’t know if this will help. I just want to play as arsenal!!

Can't say I've took any notice before, mines 1/1 but I'm 5 seasons in.

Finished my 1st season in a respectable 3rd. A mile behind Liverpool and City, far too many draws. 

1658416251_PremierLeague_Stages.thumb.png.60a38b8eb888313eb56e8ec2074817c2.png

Had the 1st transfer window disabled so worked with what was originally there. 

Jan 2020 transfer window.

106690893_Arsenal_TransferHistory-2.thumb.png.2eea31bc34293317b20f9aa00a2c415e.png

Summer 2020 transfer window. (So far)

600741023_Arsenal_TransferHistory.thumb.png.1621444364e48aa7d5b156407fdad81b.png

Really struggling to shift Ozil, I've accepted bids from Leicester and clubs in China but he's unwilling to sign for them, anyone been able to move him on have any ideas to help?

Edited by HiggyTMT

50 minutes ago, HiggyTMT said:

Really struggling to shift Ozil, I've accepted bids from Leicester and clubs in China but he's unwilling to sign for them, anyone been able to move him on have any ideas to help?

January 1st season I managed to loan him to Nice for £150k a month then literally gave him away to Galatasaray for £13m in the summer. He left them for nothing the following summer and signed for Frankfurt, had two poor seasons before retiring.

Mesut Özil_ Profile.png

Le 22/03/2020 à 17:58, Georgej2323 a dit :

Hi Guys, 

I've the same thing

On 22/03/2020 at 10:07, SortitoutsiVP said:

rAMtXdr.png

Bloody hell! He only conceded in two whole games all season! Assuming he was ever present? 

Finished my second full season, 3rd season overall on the save. Managed to push the team to a 3rd place finish. United and Liverpool contested the title in the final weeks, but it was a top 8 all separated by only a few points up until about March. Ultimately, Liverpool proved too strong for a United side that is unrecognisable from the start of the save. Chelsea missing out on Champions League qualification would ultimately cost Deschamps his job. 

181812022_competitions2022Final.thumb.PNG.e64e563f35080a634fd14fc1d7f8f134.PNG

Our inability to finish off the smaller sides away from home would cost us vital points causing us to slip out of the title race. We were unbeaten at home, scoring 43 goals and conceding only 5 goals at the fortress of Castillo Del Emirates. However, we picked up only 8 wins and 6 draws (losing 5) away from home with a goal difference of a +3. Its clear where our issues are. 

A more detailed look at our season, see's us only 18th in terms of average possession per game (44%), second most yellow cards and 3rd most fouls. This ugly style of play is reflected positively as we only conceded one goal from corners all season. We also scored 11 goals from corners, second only to the 12 scored by the two teams ahead of us in the final standings. We also created the second most chances in the league (109) , with a 52% shots on target rate. We completed 26% of our crosses, joint top with Liverpool with Patrick Schick the highest attacking player for key headers (104). All this suggests we played for goals from set plays, 24 of our 67 goals came from dead-ball scenarios. 64% of our goals came from open play. This figure is likely to be higher considering we switched to a long throw, which contributed to a number of goals we scored in the second half of the season. 

1324377050_Shickheaders.thumb.PNG.b3fed1a467073f3604860495a9483ab6.PNG

1158768940_sakatackles.thumb.PNG.88cb74eee5249033d0d72907620a9099.PNG

305936184_Lotsofmistakes.thumb.PNG.435d75ab9696b509f199922eba282371.PNG

Stand out performers include Schick who finished as the second highest scorer in the league. Ozil who despite being out of favour for part of the season still delayed his decline with 14 assists in all competitions and was a key passer and chance creator for the side. His contract is up this season, and I may even offer an extension if the terms are right. Guendouzi and Emre Can impressed in the middle as the double pivot with 13 goals between them. Matteo is undoubtedly the more creative and Emre the more productive. Saka wasn't as impressive offensively, but I was surprised his won the 5th most tackles per 90. However, something else to keep an eye on is the number of players making mistakes. 

1208680741_Chanceper902022.thumb.PNG.0c3098e25ffab74974f040a053c2c63b.PNG

Player of the season and young player of the season was Guendouzi. Our highest earner and talisman. Saliba established himself as first choice cover center back. Despite the apparently golden generation of players listed below, each failed to carve out starting positions in their preferred roles and were largely rotational. 

223491654_Overalawards022.thumb.PNG.74b437c2d107d42adc89088c7e5065e5.PNG

1248590585_Goldengen2022..thumb.PNG.40f1e1cd8b6f748142d0fea529902271.PNG

---

Moving forward, I plan to put this save on ice - while I start a new save attempting to win every major league in Europe. Will hope to revisit this soon. The questions for my return to this include answering the Ozil question, how we can challenge for the title, trim a growing wage bill and what to do with our rotational players who will inevitably block more promising younger players from breaking through. Mikhtarian is still on the books for another season and I'm tempted to see what the 32 year old can bring if Ozil does depart. 

Chance per 90 2022.PNG

Edited by Swills417

Le 22/03/2020 à 17:58, Georgej2323 a dit :

Hi Guys, 

The solution is fire Craig Armstrong

I am now in my second season after having finished 4th in my first season, with no silverware.

I have signed Lisandro martinez, Esposito, Grealish and camavinga in my 2nd season after making 0 signings in my first. I sold aubameyang to barca in the summmer for 46m because he was nothing special for me and only had a year left on his contract. I also sold elneny, mkhitaryan. I am trying to ship off holding and mustafi but have been unsuccessful so far. 

Leroy sane has been transfer listed for 45m. I have 80m in my account. He does not fit my system directly, but I feel the deal is too good to pass up. On the other hand, if I sign him, I will likely have to sell one of nelson, smith Rowe or saka, so I am hesitant to buy him. Really not sure what to do.

Edited by _mxrky

On 25/03/2020 at 16:39, _mxrky said:

I am now in my second season after having finished 4th in my first season, with no silverware.

I have signed Lisandro martinez, Esposito, Grealish and camavinga in my 2nd season after making 0 signings in my first. I sold aubameyang to barca in the summmer for 46m because he was nothing special for me and only had a year left on his contract. I also sold elneny, mkhitaryan. I am trying to ship off holding and mustafi but have been unsuccessful so far. 

Leroy sane has been transfer listed for 45m. I have 80m in my account. He does not fit my system directly, but I feel the deal is too good to pass up. On the other hand, if I sign him, I will likely have to sell one of nelson, smith Rowe or saka, so I am hesitant to buy him. Really not sure what to do.

I'd get scouring reports of all 4 and go with the two with the most upside. 

I found Nelson to bang average, Saka OK and ESR the best of the bunch 

9 hours ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Just out of interest, what does everyone do with training and schedules? 

Make up your own, download or just leave to the AM? 

Ive always made my own find it more frustrating but satisfying when it works.

11 hours ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Just out of interest, what does everyone do with training and schedules? 

Make up your own, download or just leave to the AM? 

Always leave it to the AM as no idea what I'm doing, I probably should read a guide of some sort.

Yeah, I only ask as I usually leave it too but have downloaded a few schedules and I've ended up with players complaining about the low level and some of my better younger players have loads of down arrows on their profile 

I think I'll go back to leaving it to the AM and just trying to add PPMs

Just started fiddling around with a youth only project during my quarantine. Managed to sell Mustafi and Sokratis and Kolasinac leaves in January. Bought in Serge Gnabry for 55m, as he's an Arsenal product so he's eligible. Will classify Chambers, Guendouzi and Saliba as my youth as they came/will come to the club when they were under 20 years old. Holding was 21 so he isn't eligible.

In the first game of the Europa League, the young guns came out firing:

403245931_Screenshot2020-03-31at10_38_05.thumb.png.6422377c1d38cd5544172f49858fd229.png

Edited by Sysiphus

17 hours ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Just out of interest, has Klopp left Liverpool in anyone's save? 

I am in fifth season and if it wasn't for him we would be walking the league this year! 

Not won anything after getting the sack from Liverpool.

Jürgen Klopp_ Milestones.png

Jürgen Klopp_ Milestones-2.png