[FM20] Manchester United: Falling Giant...

stevemc

5 hours ago, MatthewS17 said:

Really? You let go of McKenna? I like him as his attacking and technical stats are really good. Promoted Tony Whelan to first team duty as well. Kept Carrick to see how he will improve over time, and got ride of the rest, bar Phelan. 

I want to get rid of Phelan, but I can't find a reasonable replacement. 

Also brought in Martin Hunter and Danny McGrain as coaches, as well as Hugo Oliveira as a GK Coach, and Steve Weaver as HOYD. 

Fired the lot of scouts as well, and replaced the Physios. 

Yes, planning to release McKenna. Will reevaluate however as I have two more staff vacancies and could easily retain McKenna and Carrick.

Planning on bringing new Physios in too.

The number of Scouts is incredible.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Indrid Cold said:

I think it's been mentioned on here before, but for those looking for a solid young LB, Reguilon seems to always move on a free after the first season from Real Madrid. I'm only a few games in, but he's been excellent. 

I'm tinkering with the idea of developing a 4-2-4, but I've literally never used a two striker formation in any FM. I feel like Haaland and Greenwood would be insane together, but I seem to struggle any time I venture outside of my 4-1-4-1. 

I cannot ever recall managing a team with two forwards (played since '97), I have definitely being guilty of throwing forwards on to rescue a point but never plan A.

I rate Greenwood incredibly high, he can be the first choice striker for Manchester United for a decade without need to replace him.

3 hours ago, Indrid Cold said:

I think it's been mentioned on here before, but for those looking for a solid young LB, Reguilon seems to always move on a free after the first season from Real Madrid. I'm only a few games in, but he's been excellent. 

I'm tinkering with the idea of developing a 4-2-4, but I've literally never used a two striker formation in any FM. I feel like Haaland and Greenwood would be insane together, but I seem to struggle any time I venture outside of my 4-1-4-1. 

I've only ever used a 4-2-4 (or other two striker systems) since the last FM, and I find that it works really well. However, you have to balance out the roles to get the best out of it. I generally tend to have a creator and a scorer in my systems. My creator tends to drop deep and has good creativity, thereby bringing on other players, creating space while going on to score himself. The other is invariably a scorer (Advanced Forward) to be present and utilise the space created.

I also tend to balance with a playmaker from deep, another runner in a B2b midfielder, and generally, an attacking winger to overload spaces created by the creating striker.

I generally tend to avoid two strikers with the same roles, as I find it offers me very little, both will tend to do the same thing (unless they are drastically different in their interpretation of the role due to their PPMs) - for example, Dybala and Greenwood as AFs. By their PPMs, Dybala will drop deep and look for combination plays, while Greenwood will mostly interpret it as the last line just before the defence.

January 2021

After the previous update we lost 1-0 against Man City in what was an even game where we had all the CCCs so I wasn't too worried about that and it was our only loss through the end of the year. I did end up switching systems a few games later to try and get more goals out of the team, settled on an asymmetric 4-1-4-1 that was working nicely and led to some dominant performances that had us scoring 4 or 5 in some games instead of struggling for 1 or 2.  Andrea Belotti still isn't scoring as well as last season, but the likes of Rashford and Sancho are doing great and even youngster Vlahovic has impressed in some starts. 

On the transfer front, I'm not looking to do anything right now, just a case of if an opportunity for a good deal for now or the summer becomes available then it may happen. PSG are circling around Pogba again and probably get him upset for the rest of the season, while Madrid are chasing Belotti and Martial and I could be tempted to let one of those go if they actually make a reasonable offer.

On the competition front; in the league we a top with a 6 point gap to Man City and Liverpool, in the FA cup 4th round, just beat Everton 5-0 in leg 1 of league cup SF, and won our CL group.

Edited by sean_oc16

So after much bad luck, my save file stopped working. 

Luckily I keep a backup seasonal start file. The problem is I'm too lazy to continually save twice. 

Now, for the life of me, I can't rid myself of anybody. 

Sold Rojo for 18.5m to Wolves and nobody else. 

Young and Bailly left for free. 

Can't sell Jones, Romero, Sanchez or Pereira like I'd wanted. 

My wage budget is under control but it's huuuuge(what she said) 

I've kept going though, as irritated as I am, and so far I've done as follows:

Kai Havertz - 90m

Exequiel Palacios - 4.9m(total around 7,annoyingly)

Ben Godfrey - 25m

Lucas Digne - 21.5m

Douglas Costa - Loan

Douglas Costa is in till I can sign Sancho. 

I won't make him permanent as his wages are out of control. 

The lack of sales pretty much upsets every one of my plans, as there is a desperate need for funds and fewer wages right now. But I've fixed key areas of the squad, so I imagine it's decent enough for now. 

A 5 million here or there makes a big difference along with freed wages, but alas, like reality, nobody wants these twits. 

One thing you can do is give Sanchez a new contract.

sounds stupid but I did it halfway through the first season whilst he was still at Inter and dropped his wages from £400k a week to £215k a week, isn’t off the wage budget but it nearly £200k back into the budget.

Also I’m trying to create a 4-2-3-1 but not getting the success I would desire, basically want to retain possession and look for opening when possible but also have quick counters when I win the ball back but I don’t want to play a gegenpress 

1 hour ago, Zeonflux said:

One thing you can do is give Sanchez a new contract.

sounds stupid but I did it halfway through the first season whilst he was still at Inter and dropped his wages from £400k a week to £215k a week, isn’t off the wage budget but it nearly £200k back into the budget.

Also I’m trying to create a 4-2-3-1 but not getting the success I would desire, basically want to retain possession and look for opening when possible but also have quick counters when I win the ball back but I don’t want to play a gegenpress 

His contract has been reduced. He's on 200k a week now but still can't get him out 

I moved out players who were on high wages (what I consider to be too high for players of their quality) and the amount of money saved is amazing, Sanchez is a huge earner and reducing that as early as possible should be a priority. You can do so much with that money.

Offering Sanchez a new contract cut his wage almost in half for me at the end of season 1, however, Pogba then goes and tries to get £500k a week out of the team when I tried to get him on a long term deal. No way was he getting that. With any luck someone will come in and offer silly money (City in my save just brought Harry Kane from Spurs for £206 Million, with add-ons to come :idiot:).  TransferWise I'm slowly getting rid of the deadwood, first season sold Young, Matic and Grant for a total £13 million and got loans for Jones, Mata and Rojo (only one without a fee was Rojo), so far in the second summer window I have managed to sell Mata (£10.5m with 3m add-ons) and Rojo (£3m)  and Jones (£9.25m) unfortunately I will be paying a percentage of their wages but at least the fees gained offset any wages. I've also managed to send Sanchez off on loan again Leicester City have signed him for a nice £80k a week. 

In return I've signed Olmo, Haaland, O Edouard, Maddison, Ronaldo Viera and a young defender (Van Drongelen), all of whom hopefully will develop alongside the current batch of youngsters.

That's silly money. The only player I'd pay that much for is Mbappe, however, his astronomical wages generally tend to put a spanner in any deal. Pogba asked the same money in my save, I'm hoping I can finish he second year on a high, then offer him a new contract. If I have increased my rep enough with a deep run into the CL, he may just be more interested and may want to stay for normal money.

On 04/12/2019 at 15:35, Tummyowl said:

Forgot to mention staff changes!

Mike 'more than a' Phelan is kept, but the other first team coaches are let go.

Bettinelli and Woods have come in as goalkeeping coaches.

Neville as a fitness coach (need to find another one maybe two).

McGrain, Speakman, Hunter as coaches.

Peters as my Head of Youth Development.

I prefer - Mike 'nobody calls me Mike' Phelan

If anyone doesnt get the reference, its from a good few years after losing at Stamford bridge when the players went out for their post-match warm down and Evra got into a bit of a scuffle with the groundsmen, and as part of his testimony, Phelan said nobody calls him Mike anymore, then signed his statement... Mike. Presumably that name being said was relevant to defending Evra & co.

When it comes to coaching staff, is there anything relevant other than their stars? Assuming they speako the lingo etc.

I have mine currently at... 
Keeping: 5 & 4.5
Defending: 4.5 & 4
Attacking: 5 (me) & 4.5
Possession: 4 & 4.5
Fitness: 4.5 & 4.5
Thats enough to be #1 in 3 stats, best avg in league, and worst stat still only puts us 3rd vs rest.

Not sure if some people dont wanna know who, so i'll stick in spoiler. Im only using top divisions in Spain, France, Germany & Italy. Top 2 in English, and then something like key players in South America. Nothing too exotic.

Spoiler

GK: Pedro Jaro & Hugo Olivera. 
Def: Danny McGrain & Neil Wood
Att: Me & Mourizio Trombetta
Poss: Mike Phelan & Gianni Vio
Fit: Mike Clegg/Mark Hulse/Fabio Micarelli (all same)

One of the reasons im questioning whether stars is the only relevant factor in coaching, is because im seeing a handful of players where 2/3 of their attribute scores have dropped.
Chilwell, vdBeek, Pereira, Bruno Fernandes. All far from their peak, yet seem to be on the decline. Training is left to Phelan, the only time ive got involved is when ive watched positional changes worked on, like Dan James on RW. None are currently carrying any kind of injury, either.
Im just a little concerned that 4 talented players, 3 ive just signed, are going backwards, at least in numbers.

I havent medled with anything on that side of things, the training is 'as is' and left to other people to control. So its not like ive giving them the week off. Is there something i can do to fix that, or is that just the normal flow?

On 04/12/2019 at 12:04, MatthewS17 said:

So, probably my most tumultuous season as a United manager, and the first where I didn't win the league. I must admit, I was trying to actively not win the league.

Thats kinda how i went into my game, i just wanted to stabilise things, and make sure we made the top 4 & CL spot. However i went too far and fixed things a little too quickly, and the likes of Liverpool & City just dont have that ruthless streak in FM that we've seen from them the last few years IRL. They're sloppy, so the challenge of finishing ahead of them isnt too unrealistic. Improve the squad and its certainly doable.

I regret my start somewhat (Chilwell, Dias, vdBeek & Bruno F, then Haaland in winter) and kinda wish i'd just picked up say vdBeek/Bruno and Haaland (late summer or winter) and treat it as how we SHOULD have ended this last transfer window, rather than leaving midfield weaker (No Herrera & Pogba sulking) and no CF. I think i might just finish the season, and then restart it as above. I'd really like to try and play the game in a more sensible manner, and not just buy 6 amazing players every summer, 2 every winter, and have an unrecognisable team within 2 seasons. Just sign 2 decent players, and bring through a couple of the u18s at the same time.

Edited by PaulC2K

A busy summer! :D

Ins:

Lee O'Connor returns from Celtic. I don't think he'll amount to much, but he served me really well on FM19. Versatile and homegrown. My intention was for him to add a bit of quality to the U23 squad, but Nicky Butt went over my head and loaned him to QPR.

Kyle Taylor and Karl Seal are fairly promising regens that were interested in joining. Both are added to the U18 squad, we'll see what happens there.

Jadon Sancho needs little explanation. Got him for his release clause, and while bought to play on the right, has took the left wing spot from Lingard. (I have another right winger coming in January ;) )

Neil Farrugia is added to the U23 squad. Will essentially serve as a mentor (Model Citizen), while also being able to play a bit. Will move him on once he's too old, but hopefully can transfer his personality to some of the kids breaking through. 

David Turnbull's a bit of a project. Technically and mentally awesome, but is a bit crap physically. Scouts gave him a 75 rating. Plan is to mould him into a Xavi/Iniesta type long term. Good tutor for the U23's for the time being though (Perfectionist)

Edinson Cavani was the squad option striker I went with in the end. Off to a slow start, but he's free and on a one year deal so little risk. Never used him in FM previously. 

Aaron Ramsey's not quite the McTominay backup I was looking for, but he offers a similar energy in the role. Essentially PSG were buying every midfielder in Europe*, so he was the only big name I could get! Can operate in any position in my midfield.

Leon Bailly will also join in January. Transfer listed for £40 million :D

*PSG signed Kante, Eriksen & Fernandinho this summer, and had the gall to still try and unsettle Pogba. They're in my bad books at the minute.

Screenshot 2019-12-06 at 00.39.35.png

16 minutes ago, Spiegel said:

A busy summer! :D

Ins:

Lee O'Connor returns from Celtic. I don't think he'll amount to much, but he served me really well on FM19. Versatile and homegrown. My intention was for him to add a bit of quality to the U23 squad, but Nicky Butt went over my head and loaned him to QPR.

Neil Farrugia is added to the U23 squad. Will essentially serve as a mentor (Model Citizen), while also being able to play a bit. Will move him on once he's too old, but hopefully can transfer his personality to some of the kids breaking through. 

I LOVE these two signings!   I was disappointed O'Connor left, he was also excellent for me in 2019.

I really like bringing in a Model Citizen for the U23.  I've long placed a high emphasis on player personality types for the Sr Squad (in large part for team talks), but haven't put the time in to doing that for U23s or 18s to aid in developing the personalities I want in Sr players.

Well done!  I'm gonna totally take that idea and run with it. Thank you

Cheers! Have a few good mentors in the U23 squad now; Farrugia, Turnbull, Bellingham, sometimes Darren Fletcher. Idea is if HOYD and Coaching staff influence the youth intake, I can get 'tutors' to fill the gaps, then eventually the tutored players become tutors and so on. Big conveyor belt of professionalism!

4-1-4-1 DM Control Possession Pep Style

- James Maddison 48.5M€ - will play MC alongside Pogba Who got a new contract for 5 years. 19.8M P/Y

- Declan Rice 60M€ - Our New DM will be behind Pogba while matic sold to same west ham on 16M. Fred leaves to china on 15M

- Ben Chilwell 45M€ - They rejected me the whole summer. On the last day he asked to leave leicester.

GK - De Gea

WB-S  AVB / Dalot

BDP’s - Lindelof, Maguire / Tuanzebe, Jones

WB-A - Chilwell / Shaw

DM-D - Rice / McTominay / Garner

MEZ-A - Maddison / Andreas / Lingard

MEZ-S / B2B - Pogba / McTominay 

W-S / IF-A - Lingrad / James / Greenwood 

IF-A - Rashford / Martial / James

F9 / AF - Martial / Rashford / Greenwood 

Edited by CR#7

13 minutes ago, Spiegel said:

Cheers! Have a few good mentors in the U23 squad now; Farrugia, Turnbull, Bellingham, sometimes Darren Fletcher. Idea is if HOYD and Coaching staff influence the youth intake, I can get 'tutors' to fill the gaps, then eventually the tutored players become tutors and so on. Big conveyor belt of professionalism!

Damn, you is smurt!   

I really like that idea.  And, like many things, it's painfully obvious after I hear it.  

21 minutes ago, hiock hiock hiock said:

Did anyone have any luck training Angel Gomes to be good enough for the Man Utd first 11?

I'm in my third season and I have played him half matches a season but other then flair and pace, he still looks far from the first 11.

Yeah, mostly the same for me too. Both him and Chong are slightly disappointing. Gomes didn't work for me last year either, but Chong became a key first team player.

2 hours ago, hiock hiock hiock said:

Did anyone have any luck training Angel Gomes to be good enough for the Man Utd first 11?

I'm in my third season and I have played him half matches a season but other then flair and pace, he still looks far from the first 11.

Celtic came in with an £11m bid in Jan 2021 and I let him go. Wasn't really developing much where I could see him forcing himself into a regular role and there are other players I can look to develop that have a better chance.

10 hours ago, hiock hiock hiock said:

I sent him on loan in season 1 to Stoke, now in season 2 I've sent him on loan for the first half of the season to Middlesboro who I managed to get as an affiliate club. Hopefully he can sort himself out. Not holding much hope considering he didn't improve much at Stoke. 

I had him out on loan at Luton in season 1, now Bournemouth. Hopefully should improve as they're a decent side with plenty of attacking options. He was world class for me on FM19 so holding out some hope.

He's still crying that I 'broke my promise' by not sending him on loan. Not sure what to do there...

1 minute ago, Spiegel said:

I had him out on loan at Luton in season 1, now Bournemouth. Hopefully should improve as they're a decent side with plenty of attacking options. He was world class for me on FM19 so holding out some hope.

He's still crying that I 'broke my promise' by not sending him on loan. Not sure what to do there...

I didn't get any whinging thankfully.

Think it's a bug that's carried over from the Beta tbh, I'm on his favoured personnel and the 'Unh' will disappear for a bit when he's out on loan. Comes back as soon as he returns though! :')

Hope it resolves itself, but not the end of the world considering I'll have Sancho, James and Bailey by the time he returns! :D

Edited by Spiegel

Summer window is just about to shut at the start of my second season and Spurs have just come in with a loan bid for Greenwood offering me  40% of his wages for the season. Seeing as they have just sold Kane and don't appear to have replaced him. I decided it maybe a good move but I only wanted him gone until the next window (I have back up after buying Haaland and Edouard) ie Jan, amazingly they accepted. Hopefully he will get some decent playing time at a decent premier league side as I don't want to lose him.

On 05/12/2019 at 17:15, Rooney_10 said:

Just sold pogba for 107m after 1st season and replace him with tonali and Luis from benfica. Just wonder if   anybody has had Luis? Is he any good and develop further? 

Luis is immense. I bought him for 50mil GBP and he's been worth every cent.

I can't stress enough how good Bernardeschi has been for me. Loan first season, sets a club record of 17 assists in the league. I trigger his buyout clause for 38m and now he's leading the league in goals. 

For anybody starting a new save...seriously consider loaning him, especially if you can't pry Sancho away or want to reinforce other areas. He's fantastic. 

19 minutes ago, Indrid Cold said:

I can't stress enough how good Bernardeschi has been for me. Loan first season, sets a club record of 17 assists in the league. I trigger his buyout clause for 38m and now he's leading the league in goals. 

For anybody starting a new save...seriously consider loaning him, especially if you can't pry Sancho away or want to reinforce other areas. He's fantastic. 

What role do you use him as? I'll definitely keep him in mind when I get around to starting my save. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

I'm four games into the first season, having won 3 out of 4, beating Leicester at home, Arsenal away, drawing with Burnley away and beating Liverpool at home, and I have Lee Grant, Ashley Young, Jesse Lingard and Luke Shaw, with Paul Pogba (who's captain) agreeing with them that I have lost the dressing room. Ridiculous carry on, and all those players will be shipped out ASAP.

16 hours ago, Woolly said:

Summer window is just about to shut at the start of my second season and Spurs have just come in with a loan bid for Greenwood offering me  40% of his wages for the season. Seeing as they have just sold Kane and don't appear to have replaced him. I decided it maybe a good move but I only wanted him gone until the next window (I have back up after buying Haaland and Edouard) ie Jan, amazingly they accepted. Hopefully he will get some decent playing time at a decent premier league side as I don't want to lose him.

Decent! Do you have a recall option on him, just incase they go for a striker to replace Kane? I got him firing in the first season, but was in extremely patchy form. Second season he seems to have improved drastically. 

9 minutes ago, Halson said:

I'm four games into the first season, having won 3 out of 4, beating Leicester at home, Arsenal away, drawing with Burnley away and beating Liverpool at home, and I have Lee Grant, Ashley Young, Jesse Lingard and Luke Shaw, with Paul Pogba (who's captain) agreeing with them that I have lost the dressing room. Ridiculous carry on, and all those players will be shipped out ASAP.

How did you set up your reputation at the start of the game - If it's set too low, that may be what's causing you problems? For what it's worth, Grant, Young, Lingard and Shaw are all fairly expendable - just need to make sure it doesn't spread.

55 minutes ago, Spiegel said:

How did you set up your reputation at the start of the game - If it's set too low, that may be what's causing you problems? For what it's worth, Grant, Young, Lingard and Shaw are all fairly expendable - just need to make sure it doesn't spread.

I always set my reputation to the lowest possible because I want to, for lack of a better word, grow within the game. Grant, Young and Lingard haven't really featured for me anyway, so I could only chuckle. They'll be gone before the second season starts anyway.

Considering something a bit controversial here. Retraining Havertz into a Kroos-like DLP role, and leaving Pogba as the attacking option, as he scores goals alongside his creativity. A sort of improved more physical  version in midfield of the dominant Casemiro, Modric, Kroos formation that won the CL three times. 

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Spiegel said:

21 minutes ago, Halson said:

I always set my reputation to the lowest possible because I want to, for lack of a better word, grow within the game. Grant, Young and Lingard haven't really featured for me anyway, so I could only chuckle. They'll be gone before the second season starts anyway.

It is of course your game, and you can play it anyway you want...however, the game is how the game is.  

If you're going to start with low reputation for big club, you'd probably be better off letting your AsstManager handle team talks.  Or even say nothing at all.   

5 hours ago, Spiegel said:

Decent! Do you have a recall option on him, just incase they go for a striker to replace Kane? I got him firing in the first season, but was in extremely patchy form. Second season he seems to have improved drastically. 

The loan deal came on the last day of the window and they were desperate to be honest. First season for me he was very wayward with his shooting and passing to be honest and with Rashford/Martial/Haaland and Edouard I couldn't really guarantee him the games he needed. They originally wanted him for the whole season, but accepted half season loan (I wasn't going to let him go for the full season for just 40% of his pay). Hopefully come January he will have got a few more games under his belt and developed a bit more after getting first team games.

April 2021

Quiet January transfer window, just Angel Gomes to Celtic for £11.5m and a few loans. As expected PSGs renewed interest in Pogba resulted in no bids but is enough that he's refusing to sign a new contract. Massive deal of the window was Kai Havertz to Man City for £110m which is unfortunate as I would have loved to have signed him in the summer but didn't have the money now.

On the competition front, we won the league cup for the second year in a row, were knocked out of the FA cup in 5th round by Liverpool, have been drawn against Arsenal in the CL QF and lead the league by 5 points but still have to play Spurs, Liverpool and Man City. Very worried about this as form hasn't been great since the patch and we are having to rely on set pieces for goals, only just got 1-0 wins against the 3 relegation zone teams in the last 3 matches, Belotti missed a penalty and 6 CCCs in one match.

19 minutes ago, MatthewS17 said:

The board are blocking my sale of Phil Jones for 15m, because it's 1.5m short of what they want. 

I feel like smashing something. 

Normally been able to bypass this by telling the board you're not going to play them. Happened to me with Jones and Smalling.

Only in October of the first season, but undefeated in the league so far. Struggling for goals at the moment which is frustrating. 3-1 win vs Leicester at home, 1-0 win at Arsenal, 0-0 draw at Burnley, 1-0 win at home to Liverpool and 2-1 win at Everton. 6 points from first two Europa League games though.

Lindelof, van de Beek and Rashford all out with long terms injures. Martial not really doing much as DLF(A), Greenwood missing plenty of good chances and one on ones. Bruno Fernandes doing ok as Mezzala(S).

3 minutes ago, Halson said:

Only in October of the first season, but undefeated in the league so far. Struggling for goals at the moment which is frustrating. 3-1 win vs Leicester at home, 1-0 win at Arsenal, 0-0 draw at Burnley, 1-0 win at home to Liverpool and 2-1 win at Everton. 6 points from first two Europa League games though.

Lindelof, van de Beek and Rashford all out with long terms injures. Martial not really doing much as DLF(A), Greenwood missing plenty of good chances and one on ones. Bruno Fernandes doing ok as Mezzala(S).

I set Martial as a CF on Attack. Scored 25 in 43. 22 in 37 in the league. 

I'm training Greenwood and Martial to round the keeper, in the hope it circumvents the issues somewhat. 

Edited by MatthewS17

Reaching the end of October in 2019, and five of the nine Premier League games so far have resulted in scrappy 1-0 wins. I just feel that the team hasn't yet got going.

How are people getting Paul Pogba playing? He's been disappointing so far and his body language during games isn't great. Seriously thinking of selling up in the summer window, although perhaps my personal feelings on him at the moment may be playing a part in that!

image.thumb.png.2940367f7972b5123db36b557c885a27.png

Edited by Halson

Really enjoying the ManU project.

Season 1 was all about clearing out the deadwood, evaluating the squad & youth and steadying the ship.

S1 In

• Bruno Fernandes £60m
  • Sander Berge £24m
  • Declan Rice £35m
  • Jude Bellingham £20m - feeling like I may gotten "Levy'd" by Birmingham on this one, but he has developed really well.

I decided that the current batch of midfielders were all surplus to requirements bar Pogba & McTommy

Bruno was the star of S1 putting Pogba to shame and he was head and shoulders above everyone else and really backed up the front 3 of Rashford, Martial & Greenwood with additional goals.

I went for Rice in the first window and got quoted 110m plus so decided against that and had practically written him off as a signing, then in Jan's window he threw a paddy about not being able to join, got himself transfer listed for £35m so I said "yes please"!

S1 Out

• Young £3m
  • Matic £9.5m
  • Fred £12m
  • Chong - didn't really want to let him go, with Marcus & Martial able to play AML, but Salzburg came in for £12m and I decided to cash in
  • Pereira
  • Rojo - both Rojo & Pereira went to Wolves for a combined £55m as they splashed the cast in Jan.

Which freed up a chunk of change (£94m)

Competitions

Pipped City to the league (tho they won the CL so I think the blue side of Manchester would be happy with that)

Played the kids in the Caribao and got knocked out away at Arsenal

FA Cup won against Bournemouth - which I usually struggle against

Europa got PSG in the final, but Mbappe and Neymar were both out injured which pretty much made my day as I secured another trophy.

Fernandes was a beast, so good that I'd struggle not to try and buy him at any club!

Season 2:

S2 In

• Luca Pellegrini £24m (after my mistake of buying him in the July window s1 and not noticing the deal date!) :p
  • 2 Promising regens both from Leeds
  • Lautaro Martinez £76m

I wanted a main striker, as whilst my forwards were ok for goals, none of them were clinical enough.

Liverpool sold Salah to RMadrid for £125m after i had flukely managed to keep hold of Pogba - had to promise to let him go if they bid £90m but instead they opted for Mo. Liverpool then went after Martinez and I decided that after his really good season with Inter (16 in 32) with 9 PoM's) he was the man for me.

S2 Out

• Lingard £27m
  • Phil Jones £18m
  • Mata £15m
  • Gomes £17m
  • Shaw £40m - was so injury prone (I think at this stage it doesn't require spoiler tags!)

Did the new contract thing with Sanchez but I think he's going to rot in the reserves because he's rejecting pretty much everything else.

Competitions:

Mid way through S2 and things are going well, Lauturo has taken the beast title from Bruno and made it his own - he's banging them in for fun as the spearhead of my 4-1-2-2-1 Wide tactic as a CF(a).

Pogba seems happy and signed a new contract - probably not worth the paper it's written on - happy to keep him but as he's still being overshadowed by Bruno if someone comes in with £100m+ he'll be going.

Jan window is about to open, and according to the press Liverpool are going for O. Dembele and Chelsea will be going for Mbappe.

I can't afford them both, but would like both in my team, I think I'Il prioritise Mbappe to give him a whirl depending on how the transfer window merry-go-round goes.