[FM20] Manchester United: Falling Giant...

stevemc

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

February 2022

Just a quick little update. Camavinga was the only addition, but we had a departure too. Southampton came in for Anthony Elanga with a bid or £11.75m that could rise to £16m with clauses for profit %age and buy back. I think at best he would only get to being a an emergency back-up, he just doesn't look good enough mentally, so I was happy to cash-in now especially with those future clauses. He has already featured for them in the league so he is going to get the chance to develop more right away. Big move of the window was Ruben Neves from Wolves to Liverpool for £100m.

We've suddenly been hit by a bunch of injuries with Lingard, Maguire, Tuanzebe, Henderson, Kessie and Fernandes all out for varying times with the worst being Lingard missing until April. (EDIT: Add Tousart and Martial right after I post this :( )

In competition we took our first loss of the season at the hands of Arsenal in one of the league cup  SF legs but still advanced to the final.  Our Feb looks like: Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool, Juventus, Man City.

Edited by sean_oc16

2 hours ago, Footygamer89YT said:

Looking to get Bruno Fernandes in my first season looking to have him and Pogba in the same team any ideas for the best formation and roles guys ?

If they’re both in my XI I’ll be playing a 4231 with Pog as one of the 2 and Bruno as an AM behind the lone striker.

if I’m only playing 2 in the middle I’ll rotate to have either; DLP, BBM, or a BWM. 

2 hours ago, Jackk! said:

If they’re both in my XI I’ll be playing a 4231 with Pog as one of the 2 and Bruno as an AM behind the lone striker.

if I’m only playing 2 in the middle I’ll rotate to have either; DLP, BBM, or a BWM. 

Be careful with that though because Pogba isn't great defensively and the 4231 is a pretty attacking shape already.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

7 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Be careful with that though because Pogba isn't great defensively and the 4231 is a pretty attacking shape already.

Aye, I don’t tend to use it against top, top teams but works fine 90% of the time. Also use him in a 424 which can go against me as well.

Have invested in defence and midfield to ensure some balance but defensively hasn’t gone entirely to plan. Tempted to ship out Ake and Maguire (both had interest in the summer window) and buy someone like De Ligt. 

Need to save some money for Donnarumma in the summer as a DDG replacement as Henderson is shipping too many goals to take the #1 spot.

14 hours ago, Footygamer89YT said:

Looking to get Bruno Fernandes in my first season looking to have him and Pogba in the same team any ideas for the best formation and roles guys ?

Have struggled abit with Pogba this year, had some difficulty finding his best role.

But I play a 4-3-3 and using pogba as an advanced playmaker on support seems to work ok, Bruno fernandes I would use as mezzala, then have a dm between them, Mctominay does well for me as a BWM.

I’m plan to be having 1 final crack at a Man Utd save, and bring in Bruno fernandes as well, but will probably sell Pogba this time. Just can’t quite get the team to my liking on previous saves, but that’s more down to me being quite particular in how I do the rebuild.

is anyone else finding it hard to win games on this edition. not too bad at home but away is just lose lose lose (draw if im lucky)

i play a 442 standard formation have got martial scoring but just cant win away from home. i didnt want to change formation but im thinking its for the best

12 hours ago, sedge11 said:

Have struggled abit with Pogba this year, had some difficulty finding his best role.

But I play a 4-3-3 and using pogba as an advanced playmaker on support seems to work ok, Bruno fernandes I would use as mezzala, then have a dm between them, Mctominay does well for me as a BWM.

I’m plan to be having 1 final crack at a Man Utd save, and bring in Bruno fernandes as well, but will probably sell Pogba this time. Just can’t quite get the team to my liking on previous saves, but that’s more down to me being quite particular in how I do the rebuild.

is it 4-3-3 with a DM ?

right ive figured how to take screen shots. i started again

here is my tactic. not really sure how it came about, just trial and error until things improved.

kept it basic and took off counter press as i found my players were just running around like loonys. which was suicide against the top teams.

rashford and martial have been great so far with 45 goals between them. 

pogba been quite good this season. i usually sell him but decided on keeping him this time. hes pitched in with 9 goals and 6 assists in 27 appearances

68430399_ManchesterUnited_Overview.thumb.png.ac788e4ad93b612f4d979c5f1b77b44e.png

finally finished season 1 after numerous restarts.

i finished 3rd in the league.

i made it to the fa cup final against arsenal which i  won 1-0

i got knocked out of the carabao cup in round 4 by west ham losing 4-1

i reached the final of the euro cup playing lazio, winning 2-1 after extra time

transfers in

nathan ake for 52m

nicklas bendtner for 800k

transfers out

matic for 6.75m

a major rebuild needed for season 2.

a left back and right back along with 2 other wingers being the major requirements.

will aim to get rid of any dead wood and players that just dont belong at united.

rashford had a blinder of a season scoring  47 goals in 58 apps (all comps)

greenwood was a revelation scoring 11 goals in 19 apps including the winner in the euro cup final!!

pogba ended up with 11 goals and 11 assists in 48 games. however he did create the most chance through out the season with 45 which i think is a little low so will probably cash in on him soon.

i did notice that in the last 50 games i managed to create over 200 clear cut chances so i may tally them up for the whole season and see just how many i created

English Premier Division_ Stages.png

1 hour ago, Footygamer89YT said:

i always struggle with 4-2-3-1 never used a DM before any players you recommend to sign for that role

I found Mctominay pretty solid as a BWM either as a dm or in the center of a 3.

I always like Partey, he isn’t natural as a dm, but solid attributes and can usually get cheap in jan of 1st season.

Otherwise obvious ones would probably be Ndidi or even Emre Can as I believe he has a 45 mil release clause.

On 14/01/2020 at 23:21, the SLC said:

season 2 (pre season) and man city have just purchased harry kane for 191m all cash!!!!

Not unsual. It's Man City after all their money don't seem to end on the game, hopefully in real life it will end eventually 

June 2022

utdjun22review.thumb.PNG.293851fc2c4d1dbd40ef84b4995f1228.PNG

Season over, trophy cabinet full. Turns out the key to winning cup competitions is avoiding Liverpool in the draw. In the FA cup we had a comfortable 3-0 win over Newcastle who avoided relegation in the league by 3 points. In the CL we dominated Real Madrid, creating 8 CCCs, hit the woodwork 4 times but was still 0-0 at 90 mins. Then De Gea saves a Hazard penalty and on 90+4 Rashford scores a penalty and we win. Absolutely elated, felt for sure we were going to lose it. Won the league with 100 points, Man City were the closest challengers 11 points back.

utd22junawards.thumb.PNG.d4639f7cee7bc033a2de62f3a28e6990.PNG utdjun22stats.thumb.PNG.3c644669e933570a95f32a9cd8ef83ea.PNG

Cengiz Under had a very good first season, beat the assist record set by James in the first season and added 10 goals too. Belotti was our top scorer in the league and overall, Rashford was next on 27 then Martial on 19. Martial was the man in the CL scoring 8 with 2 assists and an 8.07 rating, shame his best contribution in the final was making way for Rashford to come on and win the game for us.

Looking ahead to next season, a deal is already done for Nuno Tavares to come in and I will let Lingard's contract expire. Then there are some decisions to be made about a few players whose contract have 1 year left or have been asking for new ones. I want to look to offload a couple players who may have hit their peak and make room in the squad to bring younger players through. Maguire, Eriksen and McTominay are are on that list and potentially Belotti or Martial with both wanted by some big clubs.

12 hours ago, jaylg said:

For those trying to get Sanchez's contract lower in order to sell him, try putting a minimum release fee for around £10m have got him accepting £150.000 a week with £58.000 appearance fee with that in

To be fair it’s quite easy to get his contract down to around 200k without putting a release clause in, I then sold in him in the 2nd season on my old save for 25 mil.

Made a new save as United. Want a new CM to play as the Mezzela Attack, I've got two names who I would expect it to be the two best available options at the start of the game.

James Maddison or Bruno Fernandes.

Who do you guys think is the better option for the role?

7 hours ago, Chapman7 said:

Made a new save as United. Want a new CM to play as the Mezzela Attack, I've got two names who I would expect it to be the two best available options at the start of the game.

James Maddison or Bruno Fernandes.

Who do you guys think is the better option for the role?

Fernandes for me, if I’m right he’s more natural for the cm position than Maddison.

His mental and physical attributes are just abit better as well.

2 hours ago, sedge11 said:

Fernandes for me, if I’m right he’s more natural for the cm position than Maddison.

His mental and physical attributes are just abit better as well.

Nice one. Heard he's more consistent too on a Facebook page too. I'll try get him in for the role 

5 hours ago, Chapman7 said:

Nice one. Heard he's more consistent too on a Facebook page too. I'll try get him in for the role 

I’ve started a new Man Utd save just recently, final attempt at rebuilding the squad and getting it to my liking, and I also plan to bring fernandes in, in January though as disabled 1st window.

Edited by sedge11

4 hours ago, sedge11 said:

I’ve started a new Man Utd save just recently, final attempt at rebuilding the squad and getting it to my liking, and I also plan to bring fernandes in, in January though as disabled 1st window.

Yeah just now about to start mine. I'm just doing it from the start as don't like doing business in January like in Fergie era. Fernandes will be main signing and then maybe a couple of young potential players to add to the the reserves to be in contention in a season or two after a loan or play in cups etc 

7 hours ago, sedge11 said:

Are you including recent transfers up to now like Young to Inter? 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

Starting United save today want to use the formation shown here but i struggle to score goals with it, the reason i want to use it so to stop all the counters or at least combat them a little as likely going to dominate

Any suggestions on tactic tweaks and signings to fit it would be amazing guys thanks

tactic.png

5 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Are you including recent transfers up to now like Young to Inter? 

No I haven’t, I actually started the save before the jan window opened, but I’ve had a couple weeks break from playing, as have struggled this year to really get into a save. 

But I’m not that bothered as young will be easy to get rid of, and there’s not really been any major transfers missing out on.

I only got the game a few weeks ago and this is my first attempt. 

I'm now up to the end of Jan 2020 ( ironically same time as writing this) and top of the league by about 8 points.

Not quite sure what I've done so right.

Playing gegenpress with a 4-1-2-3dm formation. Signed rice and maddison pre season and Sancho joined in Jan.

Playing some devastating football. Feel it's all a little too easy. Guessing I just got lucky.

July 2022

Forgot about the winter world cup so a super short pre-season with the early league start. Board expectations are now to win the league and reach cup finals.

Notable Outs: Scott McTominay to West Ham for £45m. For Utd fans this might be a big no-no, but he was just a good squad player whose biggest positive was being HGC and I have better younger centre mids waiting to breakthrough. Sergio Reguilon to Arsenal for £50m. Yes, a year after buying Luke Shaw from us Arsenal came back for Reguilon while still having Tierney. As previously mentioned he was unhappy and it unsettled some other players so more than happy to take that for a guy we signed on a free for two seasons. Christian Eriksen to Roma for £47m. So the fee is a bit lower than I was hoping for, the bigger clubs that were interested didn't bid but I was wanting to cash in now he turned 30 and we aren't always using an AMC as much. Andrea Belotti to Real Madrid for £90m. Fantastic season last time around, but once they came in for him he wanted to go and at the same time a certain player became available. Harry Maguire to Inter for £50m. Didn't want to let go of another England player but think he has peaked and will only get worse and wage was far too much to just be a back up. Diogo Dalot to Zenit for £23m. Served us well as a rotation option but another casualty of trimming the squad to make room for younger players coming through. Laird and a regen I have in U23s will replace him when needed. Dusan Vlahovic loan to Lazio. So I was planning on him being a permanent part of the senior squad this season if Belotti left but when I signed someone else it made sense to let him go get some top flight experience where they say he will be an important player.

Notable Ins: Nuno Tavares for £47m from Benfica. Previously mentioned we had a deal for him in place, bit on the high side but has potential to develop to be better than Reguilon. Eder Militao for £85m from Real Madrid. I was looking to see if an elite defender became available this summer to target and this ended up being the deal. Plan to use him more as a DC but that he can do just as well at RB is great. Harry Kane for £75m from Tottenham. He was unhappy and listed and I just couldn't resist. Helps with the England contingent too, has big boots to fill after Belotti's scoring last season.

That leaves the squad looking like this. Trimmed down from last season so I can manage playing time for everyone better and happy with the U18/U23s I have who can step in as needed.

utdjul22squad.thumb.PNG.08fc5dba9260ad8eea7bca28de8ac1b7.PNG

Had De Gea's testimonial during pre-season, beat Napoli 5-0 in that and won the community shield 1-0 against Man City. Now onto trying to defend the title, opening day of the league we host Arsenal who we also play in the Euro super cup in a few weeks.

On 23/11/2019 at 06:18, axehan1 said:

First season finished and it was a close run thing between us and Arsenal

2bqkD7D.jpg?1

First season transfers in

fXfnYjv.jpg?2

Chiesa was a solid buy with 20 assists even with the (bug) of getting to the byline and shooting from crazy angles.

Ruben Dias in from Benfica was a no brainer as he is a beast as was Florentino Luis also from Benfica, a fantastic DM.

Haaland at £17.5m was a steal even though he hasn't set the world on fire with his goals return and Rolando Mandragora was a solid CM who came in from Udinese for a relatively low fee to bump up the numbers in midfield.

Second season transfers in

jUrNZb9.jpg?2

I am trying to go domestic with transfers so in comes Chilwell,Abraham,Godfrey and Rice all for silly money(instalments),Bruno Fernandes had to come in from Sporting because I wanted a hard working goal threat in the AMC position.

Tactic

DQ4LbrX.jpg?1

It took almost all season to tinker around with the formation/roles and duties but I feel like I have something solid to go into season 2 with.

On the trophy front, along with the Premier League we also beat Ajax 3-1 in the Europa League final.

Interesting formation, how well did you get on in your first season playing this setup? I like that you have a DM covering the side that the CWB is on but he's on support so he's not too defensive meaning he will still link up with Pogba, no issues playing this?

Been struggling to pick a system that works and figuring out the match engine, traditionally i've always had a DLP (D) & AP (S) together in a 2 and it's worked in the past, but i realise that both of those roles are quite static, so i want to try and move away from that, but having 2 supporting CM's with no one covering might leave me exposed, i like your tactic as you sort of have the best of both worlds...a DM covering for an adventurous full back but not completely defensive, meaning he will still contribute to attacks?

I know you posted this a while ago but just interested to see just how well you did with it.

December 2022

So it's been a slow start from Harry Kane, just 6 in 16 so far before the world cup break and he gets 8 in 6 at the tournament also flanked by Rashford and Sancho as they lead England to a 3rd place finish. Thankfully Martial has hit 11 in 15 to pick up some of the slack and the defence has been stellar with just 1 goal conceded through 13 games. That leaves us top but with Liverpool and Man City within 3 points. We even managed to beat Liverpool in a cup competition for the first time this save.

utddec22.thumb.PNG.35082663b4dfa95925d081f57a146871.PNG

Looking ahead, got a few injury and fitness concerns coming off the world cup. Looks like I will be turning to youngsters Bellingham and Selby (regen) to fill in on the wings for the first match or two, then we have important league matches against both Liverpool and Man City in January. Not looking to do much on the transfer front, would take someone becoming available or serious offers for a player of mine to make changes in the senior squad, but I am on the lookout for any top prospects I could add to the youth ranks.

February 2023

Just a quick little update. The previously mentioned fantastic defensive record took a hit on the first game back after the world cup as we conceded 2 against Southampton but still managed to win 3-2. We resumed normal service in the next match with a 4-0 win over Newcastle. Bellingham and Selby who I mentioned last update did start both and contributed 5 goals and 1 assist between them in these games. Our tough January got even tougher with a 4th round FA cup tie with Liverpool which we lost. This was the first defeat in all comps just 2 weeks shy of a full year. We came back after that with a 1-0 win over Man City while down to 10 men. One of the youngsters I mentioned before David Selby made himself a hero with the winning goal. Still struggling to get goals out of Harry Kane however, just 8 in 25 apps in all competitions. Brighton in the league cup final and Celtic in CL knockout round are on the horizon.

utdfeb23sched.thumb.PNG.eaa283a47bce0ec647fb30d48f94f547.PNG

On the transfer front, as expected no changes to the first team squad, but that didn't mean the rest of the league was quiet. Man City, Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea spent a combined £400m on players like Zaniolo, Olmo, Tah and Karamoko Dembele to chase us down. Was definitely tempted to try and jump in on some of the deals but ultimately stuck with what I have and continue to look for young talent to bring in who can become home-grown if they make it in the future.

Following reading the book "Leading" co-authored by Sir Alex Ferguson and Sir Michael Moritz, I decided to try and manage United according to some of the basic principles of the great man himself. I should note by this I do not mean replicating Sir Alex's tactics; indeed, one of the crucial elements of Sir Alex Ferguson's reign at Manchester United was tactical flexbility and I thus didn't think it would be wise or in-keeping with the man himself to limit myself to one system or playing style. 

A rough summary of the principles I'll be trying to follow throughout this save, due to them being the easiest of Sir Alex's own guiding principles to emulate in-game, are as follows (It should be noted that some of these intertwine with each other): 

• Refresh the side every 3/4 years: This approach should not, of course, be taken to mean building an entirely new team every three or four seasons. It instead requires that I make decisions, such as those pertinent to transfers, with a view to the future in order that this process be implemented with the gradualness required in order to ensure that the age composition of the squad maintains a good balance. 
  • Invest in youth: This requires that I give ample opportunities to the talented academy graduates which will inevitably be produced by Manchester United's academy, as well as ensuring that at least a good portion of the signings I make are young talents which I feel may have a place in future sides. 
  • Live within your means: This approach requires that I don't go crazy signing marquee player after marquee player in search of short-term success. Whilst Sir Alex would sign the big names if the right one became available, his transfer strategy did not tend to revolve around spending big in order to build the best sides but rather on unearthing undervalued talents and nurturing them into valuable members of the team. 
  • Attack, attack, attack: Again, whilst I've emphasised that I'm not going to place any strict tactical limits on myself, I want to ensure that I approach almost every game with a positive mentality and a view to out-score my opponents, rather than just keeping them from scoring.

With these aims in mind, the first thing I set about doing was overhauling Manchester United's staff. I first trimmed down the scouting team, which I feel is unnecessarily large to start with, and then looked to hire a coaching team filled with coaches with a professional mentality and a high level of discipline. These are attributes I feel are crucial in order to ensure that my side maintains a very high standard in training and develops strong characters ready for the first team. 

image.thumb.png.440d0108a745660c0dd45ceb0d4d2f06.png

Next, I set up my tactics. It'll take too long to go into these in any great detail, but basically I made three tactics: one for the smaller teams at home (the 4-2-3-1), one for the bigger teams (the first 4-3-3) and one for the smaller teams away from home (the second 4-3-3). It could be said that some of these are, at times, excessively attacking but I feel as though they allow my side to play a positive brand of football which would've been welcomed by Sir Alex. (Note: The players in the team at this time don't represent the average XI I'd play in match days)

image.thumb.png.087825f56c5b93d0f61f1c2627042982.png

image.thumb.png.c4b670cf425e0e1c20d4601ab0f3c4fc.png

image.thumb.png.3ffb3689d99acf8333cc28d5e5d1a54e.png

Transfer-wise I decided to disable first season transfers because I'd already downloaded the pr0 January transfer update and it felt unfair to further add to this squad in the first summer. In January, the only changes to the squad were the departure of Andreas Pereira following a transfer request and the signing of promising midfielder Eduardo Camavinga from Rennes. 

image.thumb.png.0cfa089ff2834d307b92a47e5cdeafd0.png

My actual performance in the competitions was something of a mixed-bag. I managed to win the Premier League title, which is an achievement I wasn't particularly expecting so early in the save, but I was also knocked out too early in the Carabao Cup, FA Cup and Europa League. I can only hope that this was due to a tendency I had to play youth players in these matches, with a desire to focus on the league. 

image.thumb.png.d4a2a2dabf8137bc8bcc8a7c40a0c320.png

I managed to give out a load of (in-game) youth team debuts, with Ethan Laird, Brandon Williams, Lukasz Bejger, Luca Ercolani, Hannibal Mejbri, Arnau Puigmal, Dylan Levitt, Anthony Elanga, D'Mani Mellor (who scored for me in my third round FA cup tie against Blackburn) and Largie Ramazani all making appearances in my first season at the club. Additionally, Mason Greenwood enjoyed a strong season scoring 13 and assisting 2 in 37 appearances (23 of which were from the bench), and Tahith Chong (who scored 5 from 11 appearances), Angel Gomes (scored 1 and set up 1 in 12 appearances), James Garner, Ethan Laird and Brandon Williams also made regular appearances for the first team. 

Paul Pogba was without doubt my stand out performer from last season, averaging a rating of 7.65 in the Premier League with 13 goals and 5 assists from 36 appearances in midfield. I face a battle to keep hold of him this summer, with him eyeing a move to PSG, but I currently haven't been offered a sufficient amount to let him go. Other notable performers were the full-backs Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Luke Shaw, who both achieved average ratings of 7.37 in the league, and Anthony Martial, who was the league's top scorer with 25 goals. 

image.thumb.png.c46887012d05433fa05be2caab365ee6.png

My transfer strategy going into this summer (and the eagle-eyed amongst you may have spotted some of my signings already) is not to make radical changes to the side, but instead to invest in undervalued young talents who I think will at once have strong roles to play in the current squad and perhaps in the squad of two or three years' time as well. 

I'm currently in March of the first season, third in the league and progressing in the FA Cup and Europe. I disabled the first window and following real life signed Fernandes and sold Rojo and Young in January. Probably going to cash in on Pogba in the summer and so my transfer/squad building strategy looks like this for the next two seasons....

Summer 2020

Release: Chong, Grant, Matic

Sell: Bailly, Fosu-Mensah, Jones, Lingard, Pogba, Sanchez, Smalling

Sign: Sancho, Maddison, Dembele, Chilwell, Dias, Luis

Goalkeepers

GK(D) David De Gea (1)

GK(D) Dean Henderson (12)

GK(D) Sergio Romero (22)

Defenders

FBR(S) Aaron Wan-Bissaka (2)

WBL(S) Ben Chilwell (3)

BPD(C) Victor Lindelöf (4)

BPD(D) Harry Maguire (5)

FBR(A) Diogo Dalot (20)

WBL(S) Luke Shaw (23)

BPD(C) Axel Tuanzabe (24)

WBL(A) Brandon Williams (25)

BPD(S) Ruben Dias (26)

Midfielders

CM(D) Florentino Luis (6)

AM(S) James Maddison (7)

AM(S) Juan Mata (8)

MEZ(A) Andreas Pereira (15)

BWM(D) Scott McTominay (16)

DLP(S) Fred (17)

MEZ(A) Bruno Fernandes (18)

DLP(D) James Garner (27)

AM(S) Angel Gomes (28)

Forwards

AF(A) Anthony Martial (9)

IFL(A) Marcus Rashford (10)

WR(A) Jadon Sancho (11)

IFR(A) Mason Greenwood (14)

AF(A) Moussa Dembélé (19)

IWL(A) Daniel James (21)

Summer 2021

Release: Mata, Romero

Sell: Pereria

Sign: Bellingham, back up goalkeeper, forward?

Goalkeepers

GK(D) David De Gea (1)

GK(D) Dean Henderson (12)

GK(D) ? (13)

Defenders

FBR(S) Aaron Wan-Bissaka (2)

WBL(S) Ben Chilwell (3)

BPD(C) Victor Lindelöf (4)

BPD(D) Harry Maguire (5)

BPD(S) Ruben Dias (15)

WBR(A) Diogo Dalot (22)

WBL(S) Luke Shaw (23)

BPD(C) Axel Tuanzabe (24)

WBL(A) Brandon Williams (25)

WBR(S) Ethan Laird (26)

Midfielders

CM(D) Florentino Luis (6)

AM(S) James Maddison (7)

MEZ(A) Bruno Fernandes (8)

BWM(D) Scott McTominay (16)

DLP(S) Fred (17)

MEZ(A) Jude Bellingham (18)

DLP(D) James Garner (27)

AM(S) Angel Gomes (28)

Forwards

AF(A) Anthony Martial (9)

IFL(A) Marcus Rashford (10)

WR(A) Jadon Sancho (11)

IFR(A) Mason Greenwood (14)

AF(A) Moussa Dembélé (19)

IWL(A) Daniel James (21)

12 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Rashford's taken a beating by the looks of things.

Not much of a change mate from what I checked last night, in the editor also. Only major changes are Williams and AWB, both are considerably better. I'm surprised they kept Williams at

- 8 instead of upgrading him to at least - 8.5 or - 9.

though. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson