Sports Interactive Community
Kiriakoz

Funniest player name

I am Portuguese and obviously I view Portuguese Football and Hulk is a brazilian player bougth by FC Porto to Tokyo Verdy. He is a promise and has shown that the potential is there.

I had David Davids in FM08 and also had a foreign midfielder called Nippan Tuck. Oh how I loved him even though he was worse than Ali Dia.

I took a player on loan from Arsenal in the midst of a defensive injury crisis called "Thomas Cruise" - he's not a regen either. He actually played well for me too!

I am Portuguese and obviously I view Portuguese Football and Hulk is a brazilian player bougth by FC Porto to Tokyo Verdy. He is a promise and has shown that the potential is there.

Tokyo Verdy play in green shirts, and THAT'S where he got his nickname!

IIRC Ice Cream was his real name.

Ice Cream is his common name, his birth name is Osa Guobadia. But the common name is still pretty funny!

In my 2nd Div swedish league there's a David Eek. Had a few funnish ones in my Turkish league in FM07 but can't recall them exactly. It did always make me giggle when Batman wanted to play a friendly pre-season.

Seems he's still in the game, he's a manager now :)

"Captain Angelico wants his teammates to secure promotion for ****s' sake"

In my 2nd Div swedish league there's a David Eek

Imagine the commentator when he scores a cracker of a goal. "Eek, going forward, looks up, its... EEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!"

Had a GK in a friendly match called Oo

i thought that was a rather silly name,unless he likes typhoo (thats teabags for the foriegn users)

Motherwell used to have a youth/reserve IRL called Juan Carrio, think he may have left in the summer. Never checked but he must have been in at least FM08.

Used to get a regen in FM07 called Claus Phi Nyugen Shov Hansen, me and my brother had a good laugh when he got him in his game, then he appeared in my save and was awesome. Signed him at 16 and he ended being the club's all time top goal scorer and briefly most league appearances too.

Load all players from Bermuda. One of their national centre-halves is Jared Peniston.

Theres a brazilian in the game named Dick (only) and someone thought this was such a good idea that theres now another Brazilian regen named Dick in my game.

South China are a team in the Hong Kong league or something though. Yu Yi is a Chinese name which suggests you were affected by the minor bug with edited databases pre-editor patch?

4457, I haven't patched the database yet, as im not really one for editing. Just thought it was strange to see such an english name like Charlie Kelly playing for south china.

the sporting lisbon keeper - QUIM - always make me chuckle

You beat me too it...I always get a chuckle out of Quim

Yes, well, Hong Kong was a British possession until 1997 after all.

Load all players from Bermuda. One of their national centre-halves is Jared Peniston.

There is a town not far from me called Penistone :D it is pronounced Pennyston rather than Penis tone :D

alencar was a good one

oh and jod bodyslam, who my mate had, was rubbish, but then he appeared in my game and was quality!

troy archibald-henville of tottenham too

f_PeterFilem_dca1787.png

what's his "working with youngsters" stat going to be if he becomes a coach? :D