[FM20] E20 - England to Level 20 - 454 playable divisions

7 hours ago, rufnek1980 said:

Hello all 

Hope you can shed some light on a couple of queries I have. 

I am in level 11 and just gone semi pro (to my annoyance and constant pushing back with the board). I Can only offer appearance fee contracts and not P/T contracts. I can offer scouts P/T contracts but that's the only section  I can. Is this normal and I take it I will be eventually be able to offer part time contracts as I get to Level 10,9 etc. or is it based on rep and funds available? 

And following on from that in regards to appearance fees, unused sub fee, clean sheet and goal bonus fees, this only applies to the first team right? or do they also get that if any of my first team play for U23 and U18? I have tried to study my bonus fees in my finances but it doesn't ever add up right for my only three players that are in appearance fees and bonuses in the first team. Either that or I simply cannot add up very well!!! 

There is an outstanding bug re contracts and it is discussed in this thread:

The workaround by @Spooge Driver does work as I had the same issue with my tier 10 side.  You need the in game editor and basically involves setting your rep to at least 1501 and toggling your professional status.  Instructions as per the original thread:

1. Open your save game and navigate to Club Info.
  2. Open the In-Game Editor (the very hard-to-see pencil icon to the left of the globe up on the top-right) and click on Edit Club Details.
  3. Within Edit Club Details, under the General tab, increase your reputation up to 1501 or more.
  4. For it to work properly, it seems you must then "refresh" the club's semi-professional status: within Edit Club Details, under the Finances tab, change your professional status to either Amateur or Professional and then change it back to Semi-Professional (do NOT click Ok and close the In-Game Editor before you have switched it back to semi-professional, otherwise the game appears to acknowledge the club being changed to Amateur or Professional and your training schedules etc. will get messed up).
  5. Now, when you click on a player and offer him a contract, you should see the option to offer a part-time contract, not just a non-contract.

One slight update on the above.  Having done the first 4 steps, if I then changed my rep back to its original value (mine was 200) then I was still able to offer p/t contracts.  This made me feel a little better in that I was not over repping my club and giving it some kind of unfair advantage.

Fundamentally though, it shouldn't matter what your rep is.  If you are semi-professional then you should be able to offer part-time contracts.

Edited by andydick

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, rufnek1980 said:

I am in level 11 and just gone semi pro (to my annoyance and constant pushing back with the board). I Can only offer appearance fee contracts and not P/T contracts. I can offer scouts P/T contracts but that's the only section  I can. Is this normal and I take it I will be eventually be able to offer part time contracts as I get to Level 10,9 etc. or is it based on rep and funds available? 

I did not have this issue when I turned semi-pro in my current save.  I have seen it before though.  I always thought it just had to do with the club's finances and the chairman's hidden attributes whether you could do this right away or not.  Eventually, after finances improved, I was able to offer P/T contracts.

And to add to that - I've had situations where I could offer P/T contracts at the beginning of a season, then couldn't in the middle, then could again toward the end.  I think my balance had dropped too low or was dropping too fast for the chairman's liking, but some prize money later in the season seemed to fix it right up.

Edited by jwchriste

14 hours ago, andydick said:

There is an outstanding bug re contracts and it is discussed in this thread:

The workaround by @Spooge Driver does work as I had the same issue with my tier 10 side.  You need the in game editor and basically involves setting your rep to at least 1501 and toggling your professional status.  Instructions as per the original thread:

1. Open your save game and navigate to Club Info.
  2. Open the In-Game Editor (the very hard-to-see pencil icon to the left of the globe up on the top-right) and click on Edit Club Details.
  3. Within Edit Club Details, under the General tab, increase your reputation up to 1501 or more.
  4. For it to work properly, it seems you must then "refresh" the club's semi-professional status: within Edit Club Details, under the Finances tab, change your professional status to either Amateur or Professional and then change it back to Semi-Professional (do NOT click Ok and close the In-Game Editor before you have switched it back to semi-professional, otherwise the game appears to acknowledge the club being changed to Amateur or Professional and your training schedules etc. will get messed up).
  5. Now, when you click on a player and offer him a contract, you should see the option to offer a part-time contract, not just a non-contract.

One slight update on the above.  Having done the first 4 steps, if I then changed my rep back to its original value (mine was 200) then I was still able to offer p/t contracts.  This made me feel a little better in that I was not over repping my club and giving it some kind of unfair advantage.

Fundamentally though, it shouldn't matter what your rep is.  If you are semi-professional then you should be able to offer part-time contracts.

Ah ok, very comprehensive response thank you for this. I did try to search this issue but didnt find anything but you have done that for me :-) I will have a crack at this work around and see what happens. Frustrated now as I have lost half of my squad through poachers and could of eliminated this earlier on had I known. 

2 hours ago, jwchriste said:

I did not have this issue when I turned semi-pro in my current save.  I have seen it before though.  I always thought it just had to do with the club's finances and the chairman's hidden attributes whether you could do this right away or not.  Eventually, after finances improved, I was able to offer P/T contracts.

And to add to that - I've had situations where I could offer P/T contracts at the beginning of a season, then couldn't in the middle, then could again toward the end.  I think my balance had dropped too low or was dropping too fast for the chairman's liking, but some prize money later in the season seemed to fix it right up.

This is what I originally thought as I am sure in FM19 this happened to me where once I went up a tier all of a sudden I could offer p/t. this does conflict with @andydick so not sure which direction to take. I haven't read the thread yet that @andydickhas sent regarding the bug so will read through that then make a call. Cheers to both of you for responding anyway and giving me some direction. 

EDIT: 

@andydick & @jwchriste ok just read the original "bug" thread and again the workaround that @SPOOGE DRIVERhas suggested he also goes on to say at the end of his post that it may not be a bug but a realistic interpretation by the developers to code the fact that these clubs would not be offering p/t contracts anyway unless the rep went up etc. I suppose the most realistic view point on this and I dont know the answer but the question would be are p/t contracts offered in tier 11? IRL. or some are and some arent. and if thats the case then maybe its not a bug and just have to ride it out. Very tempted to do the work around though... just caught on the fence what I should do. It would be great for the official response bug or intentional. 

Edited by rufnek1980

The situation seems completely intentional to me. Clubs only have three statuses in the database : Amateur, Semi-Professional, Professional.

In reality, there are fare more nuances but to my understanding the difference between the 3 statuses is as follow :

- Amateur : The players do not receive anything for playing (usually they have to pay some kind of membership fee even).
 - Semi-Professional : Players are able to eventually receive some money from the club but are not full time employees.

- Professional : Players are full time employees.

To get into how wide the range of "semi-professional" clubs is in reality, there are clubs that give some kind of bonuses depending on participation (a good example would be reimbursing transportation costs) but do not give a salary. I believe this is actually more common than club able to give a part-time salary. Another common arrangement for semi-professional clubs is to have some sponsor (or town council) employs the player on the side. In this case, the club would not give out a salary but working hours are arranged to facilitate training and the club can give out some bonuses depending on appearances or performance. Another common situation is to arrange some kind of coaching duties to your best players and they receive a salary based on their coaching duties and not the playing duties.
On the other end of the spectrum, some clubs are able to afford full part-time contracts.

I reckon that my knowledge IRL is not extensive with respect to football, but I do have experience with teams in other sports where the kind of working I present above is common.

In my opinion,  this is not a bug. And you should be happy that you are not going to get ruined by an overambitious chairman that wants to immediately handouts crazy contracts. The downside is that the players can be poached by other teams of course, which can be frustrating.

1 hour ago, Mikado911 said:

The situation seems completely intentional to me. Clubs only have three statuses in the database : Amateur, Semi-Professional, Professional.

In reality, there are fare more nuances but to my understanding the difference between the 3 statuses is as follow :

- Amateur : The players do not receive anything for playing (usually they have to pay some kind of membership fee even).
 - Semi-Professional : Players are able to eventually receive some money from the club but are not full time employees.

- Professional : Players are full time employees.

To get into how wide the range of "semi-professional" clubs is in reality, there are clubs that give some kind of bonuses depending on participation (a good example would be reimbursing transportation costs) but do not give a salary. I believe this is actually more common than club able to give a part-time salary. Another common arrangement for semi-professional clubs is to have some sponsor (or town council) employs the player on the side. In this case, the club would not give out a salary but working hours are arranged to facilitate training and the club can give out some bonuses depending on appearances or performance. Another common situation is to arrange some kind of coaching duties to your best players and they receive a salary based on their coaching duties and not the playing duties.
On the other end of the spectrum, some clubs are able to afford full part-time contracts.

I reckon that my knowledge IRL is not extensive with respect to football, but I do have experience with teams in other sports where the kind of working I present above is common.

In my opinion,  this is not a bug. And you should be happy that you are not going to get ruined by an overambitious chairman that wants to immediately handouts crazy contracts. The downside is that the players can be poached by other teams of course, which can be frustrating.

@Mikado911 thanks for this. I literaly just did the workaround before I read your post bec I convinced myself I should be able to offer p/t if I am semi but now you just flipped me back again so I just "quit not saved" and went back to original state. Dont worry i didnt play any games or progressed the week;) so now I am back to not being able to offer contracts again and let's see what happens next season. I noticed all the teams in the division above me can all offer p/t so let's see. All this said I dont have the finances anyway to offer p/t and it would cripple me even if I just had a few key players on p/t so its neither here nor there at this moment and as you rightly pointed out anyway but i suppose it's nice to have the option just in case I want to try and keep hold of a tier 11 messi :)Anyway, I am easily convinced so if anyone can counter @Mikado911 and convince me it's a bug then please do :) but for now I will stick. Cheers 

Update: just won promotion. Still in the same season but after I got the board telling me how great I was and giving me a new budget for next season thought I would have a quick look a this contract saga and I can now offer contracts. So I think its official now and its not a bug just how the game plays out for teams building and progressing etc. 

Edited by rufnek1980
Update

1 hour ago, rufnek1980 said:

@Mikado911 thanks for this. I literaly just did the workaround before I read your post bec I convinced myself I should be able to offer p/t if I am semi but now you just flipped me back again so I just "quit not saved" and went back to original state. Dont worry i didnt play any games or progressed the week;) so now I am back to not being able to offer contracts again and let's see what happens next season. I noticed all the teams in the division above me can all offer p/t so let's see. All this said I dont have the finances anyway to offer p/t and it would cripple me even if I just had a few key players on p/t so its neither here nor there at this moment and as you rightly pointed out anyway but i suppose it's nice to have the option just in case I want to try and keep hold of a tier 11 messi :)Anyway, I am easily convinced so if anyone can counter @Mikado911 and convince me it's a bug then please do :) but for now I will stick. Cheers 

I have it setup in my database where you can only offer certain contract types depending what level you are at and what type of player you are trying to sign (example backup player).

I also have maximum player wage rules in place from level 7-10.

@lionel messiok now we are getting more advanced and probably making a little more sense as alot of players ask for a ridiculous wage for lower tiers and I would imagine what your doing is balancing this a little? I would love to be able to do that one day but this is why i heavily really on @Dan BHTFCfantastic database to do most of the work for me. Would be keen to learn this side when I ever get the motivation. 

If you look at the original thread from @dantares this has been raised as a bug which seemed to have been introduced in the latest patch.  There's also a post form an SI Tester confirming there are still issues with this as it's outstanding in their bugs database.  So, that would suggest it is a problem with the game as opposed to a feature.

To me, semi-professional status, means just that - you get paid for playing. This can be in many forms including appearance money or part time contracts.   I do a lot of work for a tier 7 English non-league club and we have some players on part time, some on appearance money.  When we were in tier 8 we had the same.

Reputation has nothing to do with it for everyone else and we know that because I've just loaded my end of season 1 tier 10 tier save and 7 of the other 19 clubs in my division have at least 1 player on a p/t time contract even though their reputations are around the 200-400 mark.  These are proper contracts not 5p/w youth contracts.  All the other 12 sides have youth players on £5 p/w contracts.  I do too which is bizarre as the game seems to be able to offer my youth players p/t contracts yet I can't offer p/t contracts to any of my first team.

Personally, I think it is a bug.  If it wasn't (and it was say a chairman decision) then we should be able to see that chairman decision somewhere within the game.  We shouldn't be having to guess what the rules might be.  If p/t contracts can't be issued it should be obvious why and it should be obvious what needs to change to allow p/t contracts to be issued.

Contracts are a fundamental part of the game.

I guess only SI know whether this is intentional or a bug.

@andydickyes completely agree with you bug or intentional we should be able to distinguish this without having to figure it out or create workarounds or just wait it out. As I can now offer contracts there is obviously a trigger somewhere and at some point in time it balances out and maybe this is just a coded thing and the lower levels not being officially part of the game. There are still more questions than answers I agree though. Glad my own situation got sorted out naturally in the end. 

Just a quick update, I haven't done any editing since last week, I was back working the early shift, plus struggling with sleep because of hayfever and I just wanted to spend some quality time with my partner, I will be back editing later today 👍

1 hour ago, Dan BHTFC said:

Just a quick update, I haven't done any editing since last week, I was back working the early shift, plus struggling with sleep because of hayfever and I just wanted to spend some quality time with my partner, I will be back editing later today 👍

The lady needs the time, I'm just here waiting for the full promise, the land of the 20, meanwhile I'm testing new grounds, my Galactic Empire :P

9 hours ago, krakonico said:

The lady needs the time, I'm just here waiting for the full promise, the land of the 20, meanwhile I'm testing new grounds, my Galactic Empire :P

More lad than lady but yeah need to spend more time on them than this but back to normal starting tonight 

Hi all,

I downloaded Dan's lower league file as I wanted to create my own team and take them to the top. I created the team, added a few players and staff and then ran the verification and encountered the error in the screenshot attached.

I didn't play around with that league at all, and just overwrote a team already in the game, so I'm not sure why this error has turned up or how to fix it. Any ideas? 

Btw, added my team to the Spartan South Midlands Football League Div 1, in place of London Lions.

Thanks!

Edit: Alternatively, if there is a way to copy some changes from one .FMF file to another  (had a look but couldn't work it out) I'll just do that bit by bit and test it that way.

20200607013643_1.jpg

Edited by j000e

16 hours ago, j000e said:

Hi all,

I downloaded Dan's lower league file as I wanted to create my own team and take them to the top. I created the team, added a few players and staff and then ran the verification and encountered the error in the screenshot attached.

I didn't play around with that league at all, and just overwrote a team already in the game, so I'm not sure why this error has turned up or how to fix it. Any ideas? 

Btw, added my team to the Spartan South Midlands Football League Div 1, in place of London Lions.

Thanks!

Edit: Alternatively, if there is a way to copy some changes from one .FMF file to another  (had a look but couldn't work it out) I'll just do that bit by bit and test it that way.

20200607013643_1.jpg

It may have been this same issue when I tried creating a team and swapping it with another a few versions of FM ago.  Now, I just edit the existing team and morph it into the team I want.  I also edit the existing stadium and put the team in an existing town.  I try not to add anything additional to the database.  I don't have any problems doing it this way. 

Reading closer, it sounds like that is what you did.

Have you tried verifying the file multiple times in a row?  Again, on a previous version of FM, I was getting an error, but on the 3rd or 4th time trying, the file finally verified.  Just a non-obvious thought.

Edited by jwchriste

On 08/06/2020 at 14:08, Dan BHTFC said:

To anyone sharing my file on the Steam Workshop, the more I see this the less I want to create this database, if you see my file on the workshop please tell me about it

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2119367909

I don't understand how can someone do this. Stealing someone elses work, for what? They don't get any money from it.

Dan, as many here share my view. Don't give up. I for one (a lot of people agree with me) I really appreciate the hard work you put on with this. If one day FMT is able to use edit databases, this is must have file. ;)

@Dan BHTFC have caught one mistake, pal. You've linked two Cheadle Town teams that play in the Staffordshire County Senior Leagues to Cheadle Town in the North West Counties league as B and C clubs. The teams in the Staffordshire County Senior Premier and Division Two are completely different teams (the Division Two team being the reserve team of the Premier side) - Cheadle being a town in Staffordshire, near Stoke, as opposed to the Cheadle in Stockport.

Cheadle Town (Cheadle, Stockport) North West Counties Division One South
 - Cheadle Town Reserves (Cheadle, Stockport) Cheshire League Division One

Cheadle Town (Cheadle, Staffordshire) Staffordshire County Senior Premier Division
 - Cheadle Town Reserves (Cheadle, Staffordshire) Staffordshire County Senior Division Two

Hope this helps and thanks as ever for all the work you do with this! :)

Edited by miguelinho
spelling, Twitter links

9 hours ago, miguelinho said:

@Dan BHTFC have caught one mistake, pal. You've linked two Cheadle Town teams that play in the Staffordshire County Senior Leagues to Cheadle Town in the North West Counties league as B and C clubs. The teams in the Staffordshire County Senior Premier and Division Two are completely different teams (the Division Two team being the reserve team of the Premier side) - Cheadle being a town in Staffordshire, near Stoke, as opposed to the Cheadle in Stockport.

Cheadle Town (Cheadle, Stockport) North West Counties Division One South
 - Cheadle Town Reserves (Cheadle, Stockport) Cheshire League Division One

Cheadle Town (Cheadle, Staffordshire) Staffordshire County Senior Premier Division
 - Cheadle Town Reserves (Cheadle, Staffordshire) Staffordshire County Senior Division Two

Hope this helps and thanks as ever for all the work you do with this! :)

Thanks for this, will be updated for Level 15 release

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, sorry if this has been mentioned before but as someone new to the FM franchise I have a question:

How do you get the database to appear in FM20? I am on Mac, have downloaded the file and put it in the 'editor data' folder, however it doesn't appear once in FM20. 

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks. 

Hello All, 

Just a quick question on understanding stadium expansions. I am just about to jump to Vanarama North from lowly L14. My capacity is 500 and max extension is 3500. What happens with all this now I start to hit the big leagues with rules of capacity? Lets say I Expand to 3500 then what happens? is the only other option new stadium? and I think I have heard ground share? but is there an outcome that I would never get a new stadium so I could possibly ground share for the rest of my career? If anyone can share their experiences and let me know what has happened that would be great. Oh! and I take it expansions and new stadiums etc would be a bank loan or would the board wait until there is funds in the bank? (If its the latter then they will be waiting a long time!! I am skint) Any billionaire chairmen out there please DM me :-) 

Afterthought Edit: Is there a scenario where all the above cant happen resulting in not being granted promotion due to capacity rules? 

Edited by rufnek1980

Hello All, 

Just a quick question on understanding stadium expansions. I am just about to jump to Vanarama North from lowly L14. My capacity is 500 and max extension is 3500. What happens with all this now I start to hit the big leagues with rules of capacity? Lets say I Expand to 3500 then what happens? is the only other option new stadium? and I think I have heard ground share? but is there an outcome that I would never get a new stadium so I could possibly ground share for the rest of my career? If anyone can share their experiences and let me know what has happened that would be great. Oh! and I take it expansions and new stadiums etc would be a bank loan or would the board wait until there is funds in the bank? (If its the latter then they will be waiting a long time!! I am skint) Any billionaire chairmen out there please DM me :-) 

Afterthought Edit: Is there a scenario where all the above cant happen resulting in not being granted promotion due to capacity rules? 

I was in a situation similar to you (I may have started in level 13), and I also had a 500 cap stadium.  Our finances were running negative at the time we won promotion to Vanarama South.  I guess that may be why we started ground sharing with a lower level club that had a bigger stadium.  I think if we had a chunk of change in the bank, the board may have decided to expand instead.  I have had expansions in other saves.  I've just been promoted to the National League and it looks like my board are content to keep paying rent.

17 minutes ago, jwchriste said:

I was in a situation similar to you (I may have started in level 13), and I also had a 500 cap stadium.  Our finances were running negative at the time we won promotion to Vanarama South.  I guess that may be why we started ground sharing with a lower level club that had a bigger stadium.  I think if we had a chunk of change in the bank, the board may have decided to expand instead.  I have had expansions in other saves.  I've just been promoted to the National League and it looks like my board are content to keep paying rent.

Thanks for the info. In terms of ground sharing then did that effect gate receipts for you (i.e is the gate receipts shared with the other club etc?)  and also did it effect home advantage? 

Also did you notice if the  ground sharing effected any other aspect of finances i.e maintenance, pitch relaying, travel costs? 

Edited by rufnek1980

On 08/06/2020 at 21:08, Dan BHTFC said:

To anyone sharing my file on the Steam Workshop, the more I see this the less I want to create this database, if you see my file on the workshop please tell me about it

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2119367909

@danbhtfc

Dan, Why don't you set up a donate page? No one is obliged to give you anything but if everyone just donated a quid for your work you could treat yourself (and the lady) to nice holiday every year ( not entirely sure how many downloads you get from your DB but I am sure its alot) then at least you can sit by the pool with a cold beer and get something out of it and in turn keep giving you the motivation the following year. You have content creators on YT or twitch etc that play your database and get monitized for it so why should't you, the DB creator!!  The amount of hours I have played your database in my spare time and got joy out of, you have probably equally got headaches creating it. This DB is part of the FM furniture for me and may as well be a DLC.  Anyway I am sure you have already thought of all this or it has already been discussed but I do read all most of your posts and every now and then I see you get frustrated or disheartened. I mean, you literally work on this all year round then the next FM is out before you know it ......Just a thought mate and selfishly I never want you to stop creating this database :-) 

Edited by rufnek1980

@danbhtfc

Dan, Why don't you set up a donate page? No one is obliged to give you anything but if everyone just donated a quid for your work you could treat yourself (and the lad) to nice holiday every year

Just a small correction for you there :brock:

6 hours ago, rufnek1980 said:

Thanks for the info. In terms of ground sharing then did that effect gate receipts for you (i.e is the gate receipts shared with the other club etc?)  and also did it effect home advantage? 

Also did you notice if the  ground sharing effected any other aspect of finances i.e maintenance, pitch relaying, travel costs? 

In my experience, ground sharing does not affect your revenue stream but you do have to pay some kind of rent to the host club.

9 hours ago, rufnek1980 said:

@danbhtfc

Dan, Why don't you set up a donate page? No one is obliged to give you anything but if everyone just donated a quid for your work you could treat yourself (and the lady) to nice holiday every year ( not entirely sure how many downloads you get from your DB but I am sure its alot) then at least you can sit by the pool with a cold beer and get something out of it and in turn keep giving you the motivation the following year. You have content creators on YT or twitch etc that play your database and get monitized for it so why should't you, the DB creator!!  The amount of hours I have played your database in my spare time and got joy out of, you have probably equally got headaches creating it. This DB is part of the FM furniture for me and may as well be a DLC.  Anyway I am sure you have already thought of all this or it has already been discussed but I do read all most of your posts and every now and then I see you get frustrated or disheartened. I mean, you literally work on this all year round then the next FM is out before you know it ......Just a thought mate and selfishly I never want you to stop creating this database :-) 

I do have a PayPal link on my Twitter page, that's the only donation link I have 

On 07/07/2020 at 22:31, rufnek1980 said:

As @Mikado911 said, I didn't notice anything unusual in the finances or even attendances.

FYI:  Since we've been promoted to a league that requires 5000 capacity, the board is now paying 94k to expand the rented stadium.

just wondering guys see when u edit tier 15 by adding to it then emerge it with the work u done for tier 14 why does the testing never work because what im getting is that devon south and west has 17 teams than the supposed 16 why is that

Edited by Andrew Price

13 hours ago, Andrew Price said:

just wondering guys see when u edit tier 15 by adding to it then emerge it with the work u done for tier 14 why does the testing never work because what im getting is that devon south and west has 17 teams than the supposed 16 why is that

Can you be more clear on what you mean? Have you made changes to it yourself? Are you trying to test the file in Advanced Editor? 

Edited by Dan BHTFC

28 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

Can you be more clear on what you mean? Have you made changes to it yourself? Are you trying to test the file in Advanced Editor? 

yes i have made changes myself adding staff and players to clubs then when i go to test it its coming up with the devon south and west has 17 teams than the supposed 16

9 minutes ago, Andrew Price said:

yes i have made changes myself adding staff and players to clubs then when i go to test it its coming up with the devon south and west has 17 teams than the supposed 16

Did you make your changes in the advanced editor? If you have then that's the problem

Le 07/06/2020 à 12:40, j000e a dit :

Hi all,

Thanks!

20200607013643_1.jpg

Hi all,

@danbhtfc thanks for your job. Big job !

I have the same when I test the file several times. I don't have anything change. I will have some problems during my game ? Or not ?

Thanks for your answer.

On 09/07/2020 at 12:19, jwchriste said:

As @Mikado911 said, I didn't notice anything unusual in the finances or even attendances.

FYI:  Since we've been promoted to a league that requires 5000 capacity, the board is now paying 94k to expand the rented stadium.

Ok thanks. That seems odd they would do that which may tell me that the  FM game mechanics does not recognize it as a shared stadium. I have since been promoted to the VNN and now share with Chester so as per your and other comments looks like this will be my new home for a while :-) until I have to share a bigger stadium.......and then have enough money for a new stadium way way into the future.  

I have a new query....... not related to what we are talking about but again just want to know if anyone has come across this. I have a strange situation where Bolton wanderers have quite literally fallen off a cliff and have been relegated season after season and now find themselves in VNN. I am 6 years in. Anyway whenever it comes to our fixture it keeps getting postponed,  3 times now due to water logged pitch and the weather was fine. Wonder if this is a bug (for the bugs forum) or just a very weird coincidence. I cant put my finger on what the bug would be if it was a bug though apart from something is terribly wrong with Bolton (game mechanically wise) hence falling off a cliff but lets see what happens. At the end of the day it can only get postponed to a point (end of season then it will have to be played) or if its a bug then the game may crash when its forced to play to fixture.  just doesn't seem normal to me but anyway lets see what happens. 

46 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

Not familiar with England football and was wondering is there a limit as to how many non European players you can have on your team or no?

At the low level leagues that @Dan BHTFC puts in this database, you will have no scouting budget so almost every player will be local or at least from the UK/Ireland region anyway.  Once you've been promoted enough to where this is a concern, it will most likely be governed by whichever Brexit scenario your save gets.  Different Brexit scenarios have different types of limits - some have strict foreign player limits, some have work permit requirements, etc.

4 hours ago, jwchriste said:

At the low level leagues that @Dan BHTFC puts in this database, you will have no scouting budget so almost every player will be local or at least from the UK/Ireland region anyway.  Once you've been promoted enough to where this is a concern, it will most likely be governed by whichever Brexit scenario your save gets.  Different Brexit scenarios have different types of limits - some have strict foreign player limits, some have work permit requirements, etc.

For example I know like u said doesn’t have scouting budgets... if I know what teams let’s say I’m managing in England and there’s teams I follow in Canada their u18 team releases players I put it on my short list even though they aren’t from England can we still sign them?