[FM20] E20 - England to Level 20 - 454 playable divisions

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried to put Bury back into League One and it works. The only problem will be the FA Cup seeds from the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Great job as usual Dan, keep pushing, i'm looking forward for the complete pyramid!

Edited by Manchestek

9 hours ago, Manchestek said:

I've tried to put Bury back into League One and it works. The only problem will be the FA Cup seeds from the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Great job as usual Dan, keep pushing, i'm looking forward for the complete pyramid!

The League Cup doesn't work properly though does it?

11 hours ago, Manchestek said:

I think EFL Cup and EFL Trophy should be edited as the FA Cup.

It's difficult to get the League Cup working as it adds the European teams in the Third Round in real life, can't do that with the editor

2 hours ago, Dan BHTFC said:

It's difficult to get the League Cup working as it adds the European teams in the Third Round in real life, can't do that with the editor

In fact the EFL Cup doesn't plays in 2019/20 season for reasons unknowns but from 2020/21 works well with all the 92 teams.

The EFL Trophy ran with 63 teams for the 2019/20 before returning to 64 from the 2020/21 season.

Edited by Manchestek

7 minutes ago, Manchestek said:

In fact the EFL Cup doesn't plays in 2019/20 season for reasons unknowns but from 2020/21 works well with all the 92 teams.

The EFL Trophy ran with 63 teams for the 2019/20 before returning to 64 from the 2020/21 season.

The EFL Cup still runs when I set up a game with the database....

I haven't touched that or the EFL Trophy in the editor

10 hours ago, Dan BHTFC said:

The EFL Cup still runs when I set up a game with the database....

I haven't touched that or the EFL Trophy in the editor

I know...but if you put Bury on League One the EFL Cup doesn't runs in 2019/20.

That's for the problem of League One with 4 relegations.

@Dan BHTFC

Thanks a lot for your work on this. I've been playing as Tooting and Mitcham in the Isthmian Division One South Central and noticed that after the first season there was a considerable change in the teams that make up in the league - above and beyond the teams that were promoted / relegated from or into the division. I was wondering if this is a known issue or perhaps I am missing something (maybe the teams are assigned geographically - but it appears that teams came from leagues outside the Isthmian league system as well)

It's very rare for there to be a season where there are no sideways league moves for geographical reasons. It's feasible for two or three to move in one season depending who is promoted and relegated in various leagues.

It's definitely my work, the way I've done reserve teams this year, club ID's EXACTLY the same, even the added info to the club I support, the league boundaries, surely I can't be coincidence!

1 minute ago, Dan BHTFC said:

It's definitely my work, the way I've done reserve teams this year, club ID's EXACTLY the same, even the added info to the club I support, the league boundaries, surely I can't be coincidence!

I think he has stole alot of peoples work from what i have been reading about this guy.

10 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

It's very rare for there to be a season where there are no sideways league moves for geographical reasons. It's feasible for two or three to move in one season depending who is promoted and relegated in various leagues.

For some reason in FM, clubs you make yourself are more than likely to stay in the same division season after season compared to ones that are already in the database.

On 27/04/2020 at 21:20, nathenmcvittie said:

Hi Dan!

Just wanted to note that Clapton Community in Middlesex Countied (Clapton CFC) is a members owned club with elections. In the editor right now they are listed as an LLC.

Thanks for all of the work!

Thanks, I will change this for the Level 14 release

On 06/05/2020 at 12:43, x16gab said:

hi dan great work as normal just 1 thing I noticed that cromer town fc aint in any of the Anglia divisions could you plz put them in thanks.

They pulled out the league at the start of the season 

Edited by Dan BHTFC

Hey @Dan BHTFC awesome work.  Yours is the only database I have trialled where promoted and relegated teams land in sensible divisions.  Quick 2 questions, Northern League Div 1 (level 9) and Div 2 (level 10) don't have league cups … is this right ?  Also, when you say you're submitting level 14 soon … will that be WIP or complete ?  Yours hopefully Brian.

28 minutes ago, BigBri said:

Hey @Dan BHTFC awesome work.  Yours is the only database I have trialled where promoted and relegated teams land in sensible divisions.  Quick 2 questions, Northern League Div 1 (level 9) and Div 2 (level 10) don't have league cups … is this right ?  Also, when you say you're submitting level 14 soon … will that be WIP or complete ?  Yours hopefully Brian.

There should be the Northern League Cup.  40 teams enter from League 1 and League 2.  First round involves 16 League 2 sides over 8 matches.  The 8 winners join the 20 Division 1 sides plus the other 4 Division 2 sides to make the last 32 (Round 2).

36 minutes ago, andydick said:

There should be the Northern League Cup.  40 teams enter from League 1 and League 2.  First round involves 16 League 2 sides over 8 matches.  The 8 winners join the 20 Division 1 sides plus the other 4 Division 2 sides to make the last 32 (Round 2).

1 hour ago, andydick said:

I'm currently at work, will have a look when I'm on my laptop later

2 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

I'm currently at work, will have a look when I'm on my laptop later

Nice one. Cheers dan 👍

BTW do I need PayPal myself to donate or do I just need Credit Card ?

Well I’ll check this out. I’ll stick a few quid your way if you can get my northern league cup sorted 👊

ps when are you anticipating level 14 release ... even if just a guesstimate ?

4 hours ago, BigBri said:

Well I’ll check this out. I’ll stick a few quid your way if you can get my northern league cup sorted 👊

ps when are you anticipating level 14 release ... even if just a guesstimate ?

Done mate and DM’d you on Twitter to this effect 👍

Thanks for this, Dan. I've just started a new save in tier 12 and am really enjoying it.

The only annoyance I have is how slow the game is running for me. I've tried 2 different saves, the second which is completely stripped down to the bare minimum, and I'm still having to wait quite a bit to move between days.

My last save is 12 years in on a large database with most big nations loaded, and that save game seems to be more responsive. Is it just me, or is this to be expected?

On 10/05/2020 at 18:39, Zenl said:

Thanks for this, Dan. I've just started a new save in tier 12 and am really enjoying it.

The only annoyance I have is how slow the game is running for me. I've tried 2 different saves, the second which is completely stripped down to the bare minimum, and I'm still having to wait quite a bit to move between days.

My last save is 12 years in on a large database with most big nations loaded, and that save game seems to be more responsive. Is it just me, or is this to be expected?

Same issue here. Database is just too slow to process.

2 hours ago, potbellypigs said:

Same issue here. Database is just too slow to process.

I've tried troubleshooting this.

At game creation, it suggests a player count of around 46,000 with France, Germany, Italy and Spain leagues loaded as well. When I go to 'Add/Remove Leagues' in game afterwards, the game tells me that it has a player count of 125,000. I believe this is the cause of the problem.

When you tick 'Add players to playable teams', if you have any other leagues loaded it is creating newgens for every playable club that doesn't have players. If you have any other countries loaded, you are creating thousands of newgens for clubs in those countries.

I think the solution is to limit the number of playable teams by removing other countries completely from the database when creating the game, or set them to view only. Or untick 'Add players to playable teams'.

Edit: unticking 'Add players to playable teams' solves it, at the expense of immersion experience. Setting leagues to view only doesn't work or removing them doesn't work.

Reddit reply that sort of confirms my hypothesis: 

Edited by Zenl

Without bugging you to buy a new computer, but this is a big database, so your computer has to be able to handle it of course.

I am running a bit of a beast at home so even with this database and player added, my computer doesn't care.

What are your computer stats? I have a feeling anyway, that FM20 quite a bit heavier on the system anyway.

2 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Without bugging you to buy a new computer, but this is a big database, so your computer has to be able to handle it of course.

I am running a bit of a beast at home so even with this database and player added, my computer doesn't care.

What are your computer stats? I have a feeling anyway, that FM20 quite a bit heavier on the system anyway.

i7-6700k 4.0GHz overclocked, 16GB DDR4 RAM, game is installed on an M.2 SSD - it's well equipped for some time still.

A 125,000 player database isn't really a normal size though is it?  Even my other save, where I'm 13 years in with a large database and about 15 countries, only has around 67,000 players in it.

The extra 80,000 newgens generated at first creation would definitely cause issues for even the best of machines.

1 hour ago, Zenl said:

i7-6700k 4.0GHz overclocked, 16GB DDR4 RAM, game is installed on an M.2 SSD - it's well equipped for some time still.

A 125,000 player database isn't really a normal size though is it?  Even my other save, where I'm 13 years in with a large database and about 15 countries, only has around 67,000 players in it.

The extra 80,000 newgens generated at first creation would definitely cause issues for even the best of machines.

True, that computer should be able to handle a lot without issue. We have had some complaints from people with 2 or 4Gb RAM, so was asking to be sure.

80k extra players will add a lot of pressure on your system, no matter what.

On 30/04/2020 at 19:03, Dan BHTFC said:

Probably about halfway through Level 14 at the moment, back working so hard to find the time to edit until next week

Great, i hope Level 14 comes soon, looking for a new save to start :thup:

Hi Dan,

I downloaded your excellent work, but I have some trouble with advanced rules both in countries leagues and level12-level 13 promotions-relegations. They match in basic rules, but not in advanced.

Could you please be so kind to let me know if you are able to help me? Is it possible to fix it? I tried in so many ways but still not working.

I'm a great fan of your work.

Gab

5 minutes ago, GaBi7 said:

Hi Dan,

I downloaded your excellent work, but I have some trouble with advanced rules both in countries leagues and level12-level 13 promotions-relegations. They match in basic rules, but not in advanced.

Could you please be so kind to let me know if you are able to help me? Is it possible to fix it? I tried in so many ways but still not working.

I'm a great fan of your work.

Gab

Thats why I don't use Advanced Rules

Ok, I understood.

I wanna change some rules for subs but it is impossible to save it due to the previous errors.

Anyway, thanks for your reply.

I'll wait for level 14 and I will play without any other change.

Hi, I have played six weeks and have had a few crashes. Never at the same day or time though. The error message is - dxgi_error_device_hung - so I have updated my graphic driver but still crashed. Never done this on the main game. Won the first game of the season though 😀

3 minutes ago, Unforced error said:

Hi, I have played six weeks and have had a few crashes. Never at the same day or time though. The error message is - dxgi_error_device_hung - so I have updated my graphic driver but still crashed. Never done this on the main game. Won the first game of the season though 😀

u will have to delete ur editor data folder save all the leagues on a hard drive then uninstall then reinstall ur game them add all the leagues bk into ur editor data folder itwill work again for u