FM 19 Time 343 IF Time Argus Pilgrimage WOF 343 Knap

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Knap, I'm looking to find a couple of tactic using inside forwards for midtable team. 

Do you think that time 343if and pilgrimage 451 would be good options? 

I'm worried about away matches against top dog, at home usually  no problems.

Also, have you a suggestion for a different set piece setting? I'm almost sick to score so often exploiting the bugs of the game. 

Those 2 should be good. Away games are difficult to predict as the AI are not always in attack mode. ROUTE 66 may be an option if they are attacking.

I would have to look at tactics with different set pieces

Hey Knap, 

first of all, as always great tactics. I am really confused with what tactics to use, so many to chose from. I am reading the posts but still not got a clue which one to use because of the wide variety. What would you say is the best for top team and also for underdog. If you can link the tactics in your reply then that would be really appreciated.

Thanks

M  19.2 From Top dog to Under dog

ARGUS Press 352                             P105               Sub
TIME343 Press                                 P105

BEOWULF Press 4231                    P108
BEOWULF Press 424                      P106

BEOWULF 424 IF  Press                 P105

BEOWULF 442WF9                          P108
BEOWULF 442w                              P105

ARGUS 3421 IF                                  P105                        sub

ARGUS  451                                      p110                         sub

ARGUS  41131                                 P108 ALL CUPS

ROUTE 66      442                             P103                          sub

STARGAZING Press                        P107

DARK SIDE 4231                             P102

DARK SIDE 4411                            P103

DARK SIDE 451 Positive               P101

MU 07/08 442                               P103
BLUE MATTER Press 433             P109                            sub + under
BLUE   MATTER Press 4312        p104

WOF 343 Press                            P103 ALLCUPS

GOODBYE  3412                           P103
MIDSOMER Press 442                P104 ALL CUPS                  sub    under
BEOWULF Press 451                   P100 ALL CUPS             sub  under
MIDSOMER Press  4411             P105 ALL CUPS

SICILIAN DEFENCE 442 DM       P103                                       under

BEOWULF Press 4231 DM         P107

BEOWULF 442 F9                        P109

BEOWULF 4411                           P105

TIME  424      Press                      P107

TIME 3421 Press                          P103

TIME 4231             Press             P107

TIME 4231Positive                       P108

TIME 4231 Press DLPD              P101

TIME 343 IF                                          P105 ALL CUPS

TIME 451                                              P103                                       under

TIME 442                                             P110                                          under

TIME 4411                                          P110                                           under

VOLANTE   4222                      P110                                        under

VOLANTE MEZ Press                 P103                                     under

VOLANTE BBM Press                P100                                   under

BEOWULF 4411 NEWCASTLE   P92                                   under

PILGRIMAGE Flat 451                P105

PILGRIMAGE 451                         P105                              under
VOLANTE Anchor  424                P105                              under
PILGRIMAGE VOLANTE 3403      P99                               under

Edited by knap

Hey Knap I realized that making midfielders take set piece kicker of you're new tactics somehow makes perfect fb's position and manufacture crazy scoring...

Is it designed to be? I want you to chek it out

Edit: Not all of You're tactics but I guess only those you set fb to kick corners

which are Beowulfknap4231P108 and Beowulf442F9KnapP09

ReEdit: From my short experiment with Beowulf442F9KnapP09, don't set set pieces taker on corners and make sure Deep Lying Playmaker's corners ability is best in the team. And because of the function of 'Play for Set Pieces' the DLP will take corners. And then somehow FB will be positioned out corner of penalty box with no mark and big space to shoot.(sometimes defenders come lately)

I don't think it's designed to be... but make more scoring lol

Edited by PETLOL

12 hours ago, knap said:

TIME343 Press                                 P100

ARGUS  451                                      p110                         sub

TIME 451                                              P103                                       under

TIME 442                                             P101                                          under

TIME 4411                                          P110                                           under

VOLANTE   4222                      P110                                        under

VOLANTE MEZ Press                 P103                                     under

Cheers Knap, appreciate it mate. Gone with Volante 4222 for my Bolton team when favourites to lose, Blue Matter press 433 and Beowulf press 4231 for home games. I am flirting with Argus 451 though. What would you recommend?

No problem cheers mate, Just started one with Barca (I know) using the beowulf 4231 p108. holy **** what a thing of beauty. Removed tackle harder from all PIs and get stuck in from TI. Also changed WBs from attack to automatic. Played 9 games, won 9, scored 43 and conceded 4 (7 league games, 2 champs league) since changing WBs to automatic, I haven't conceded in 6 games. Good work as always mate

18 hours ago, knap said:

TIME 442                                             P101                                          under

Missing !FM19.2.1TIMEKnap442P110 in the list. Love the tactic tho! 442 love and immersion <3

1 hour ago, knap said:

As a P&P the optimum mentality is attacking.

Check the OptimusPrime recent posts for how to use other mentalities.

Where can I find this mate? Sorry had a look through the search option up top but no luck

OptimusPrimal82

Anyone lower league-ing on the lookout for a tactic should seriously hit up the TIME 4411. Played around with a lot of different styles, roles, formations and full tactics (self and downloaded) and whilst I was still having a 'good' season I didn't have that lovely 'confidence' going into a game where you know roughly what the result should/will be, felt very much like a lottery. I avoided 442/variants like the plague as I had no suitable MR/ML players (seriously struggle to believe how few natural wingers are even competent there?) but just sucked it up & changed individual training and voila!

I did make a few tiny tweaks (removed passing focus in possession, disabled offside trap, changed default mentality to cautious & increased attacking width by 1 notch) for anyone interested, and for SUS I change all backline to no-nonsense, move the MCL to DM as an anchor, set time-wasting to full, goalie in possession to slow pace, when possession has been lost to regroup & won to hold shape and then move both defensive line and LOE down two notches.

One thing to note is that it's often not 'pick tactic and win' even then, so for anyone struggling my general rule of thumb when playing with this team/tactic is;

1.) Start game with 'Cautious' mentality. Ass man often told me differently. Ass man was being true to his name (and is now sacked). Conceded first far too many times when going with attacking.

2.) After about 12 in-game minutes, monitor possession, if you're not >5% then drop mentality (that should be rare on cautious early on unless playing team from higher division). Monitor shots. If you're outshooting opp by a large number then change mentality up. If close/even change down, if being outshot then drastic change needed as you WILL concede. Don't go more attacking unless you need to - you can and will score goals with cautious, balanced and positive!

I usually don't need to change mentality after the original assessment (deciding if cautious is the sweet spot or change up etc) until the second half unless i score a lot of goals and 'poke the bear'. Some teams a re a bit more aggressive but generally i won't need to change too much until 60-75 minutes; If i'm playing badly i'll change/make subs early 60's, otherwise i'll wait until early 70's and take off anyone tired/on a yellow. If a close game i'll SUS if needed from 82-85 minutes. 

3.) Only ass man instructions i listen to is reducing tackling for anyone carded.

Won the Vanarama North in Season 1 along with the FA Trophy (the latter of which was against a team that finished 2nd in the league above!) and going gangbusters again in Season 2 with a vastly reinforced team!

9 minutes ago, knap said:

OptimusPrimal82

Anyone lower league-ing on the lookout for a tactic should seriously hit up the TIME 4411. Played around with a lot of different styles, roles, formations and full tactics (self and downloaded) and whilst I was still having a 'good' season I didn't have that lovely 'confidence' going into a game where you know roughly what the result should/will be, felt very much like a lottery. I avoided 442/variants like the plague as I had no suitable MR/ML players (seriously struggle to believe how few natural wingers are even competent there?) but just sucked it up & changed individual training and voila!

I did make a few tiny tweaks (removed passing focus in possession, disabled offside trap, changed default mentality to cautious & increased attacking width by 1 notch) for anyone interested, and for SUS I change all backline to no-nonsense, move the MCL to DM as an anchor, set time-wasting to full, goalie in possession to slow pace, when possession has been lost to regroup & won to hold shape and then move both defensive line and LOE down two notches.

One thing to note is that it's often not 'pick tactic and win' even then, so for anyone struggling my general rule of thumb when playing with this team/tactic is;

1.) Start game with 'Cautious' mentality. Ass man often told me differently. Ass man was being true to his name (and is now sacked). Conceded first far too many times when going with attacking.

2.) After about 12 in-game minutes, monitor possession, if you're not >5% then drop mentality (that should be rare on cautious early on unless playing team from higher division). Monitor shots. If you're outshooting opp by a large number then change mentality up. If close/even change down, if being outshot then drastic change needed as you WILL concede. Don't go more attacking unless you need to - you can and will score goals with cautious, balanced and positive!

I usually don't need to change mentality after the original assessment (deciding if cautious is the sweet spot or change up etc) until the second half unless i score a lot of goals and 'poke the bear'. Some teams a re a bit more aggressive but generally i won't need to change too much until 60-75 minutes; If i'm playing badly i'll change/make subs early 60's, otherwise i'll wait until early 70's and take off anyone tired/on a yellow. If a close game i'll SUS if needed from 82-85 minutes. 

3.) Only ass man instructions i listen to is reducing tackling for anyone carded.

Won the Vanarama North in Season 1 along with the FA Trophy (the latter of which was against a team that finished 2nd in the league above!) and going gangbusters again in Season 2 with a vastly reinforced team!

Cheers mate, what is meant by removing passing focus in possession?? does this mean removing play through the middle or shorter passing?

Yep, removing the 'play through middle'! :)

This was all in the TIME 4411 thread - I also added this which may or may not help;

Glad it's helping - principle applies to any team/division really, just obviously adjust the starting/other mentalities for ones that better suit the standard of your team - I'd be much less likely to start games on 'cautious' as United, Barca etc.

One thing I forgot to mention in my first post is that there are occasions where being bold pays off - had an game last night where I took the lead and started being penned in (possession dropped, opposition starting shooting more frequently), but it was way too early/the other team were not so superior that I felt defensive was an option. First thing I check in that situation is passing accuracy - if lower than (finger in the air) 78-80% then I'll maybe enable/disable passing into space/check passing focus/see if a player is having a particularly bad game/giving lots of passes away, otherwise I'll increase mentality a notch to try and relieve the pressure and play more in the oppositions half.

The 3D match being played can be maddening with how little feedback it offers, paying attention to the numbers underneath saves a lot of frustration, although even watching them like a hawk I still often concede from the other teams first shot on goal etc, but sometimes there's nothing you can do, you are always going to concede some time! :)

In addition to all this, I did have to change it up in the next season; after the first 8 games the AI saw me as a threat and started to adapt and play more defensively. I switched up to Knap's BLUE MATTER 4321 and it's worked wonders. I still use the 4411 for tough away games and i've just got my second promotion on the bounce (with FC United);

image.thumb.png.1916632e6875d8c787aa15ec573f5d54.png

I imagine next season in league 2 I'll have to start with the 4411 again as I'll be an underdog no doubt tipped for relegation!

Edited by optimusprimal82

3 minutes ago, optimusprimal82 said:

Yep, removing the 'play through middle'! :)

This was all in the TIME 4411 thread - I also added this which may or may not help;

Glad it's helping - principle applies to any team/division really, just obviously adjust the starting/other mentalities for ones that better suit the standard of your team - I'd be much less likely to start games on 'cautious' as United, Barca etc.

One thing I forgot to mention in my first post is that there are occasions where being bold pays off - had an game last night where I took the lead and started being penned in (possession dropped, opposition starting shooting more frequently), but it was way too early/the other team were not so superior that I felt defensive was an option. First thing I check in that situation is passing accuracy - if lower than (finger in the air) 78-80% then I'll maybe enable/disable passing into space/check passing focus/see if a player is having a particularly bad game/giving lots of passes away, otherwise I'll increase mentality a notch to try and relieve the pressure and play more in the oppositions half.

The 3D match being played can be maddening with how little feedback it offers, paying attention to the numbers underneath saves a lot of frustration, although even watching them like a hawk I still often concede from the other teams first shot on goal etc, but sometimes there's nothing you can do, you are always going to concede some time! :)

In addition to all this, I did have to change it up in the next season; after the first 8 games the AI saw me as a threat and started to adapt and play more defensively. I switched up to Knap's BLUE MATTER 4321 and it's worked wonders. I still use the 4411 for tough away games and i've just got my second promotion on the bounce (with FC United);

image.thumb.png.1916632e6875d8c787aa15ec573f5d54.png

I imagine next season in league 2 I'll have to start with the 4411 again as I'll be an underdog no doubt tipped for relegation!

Looks good mate, cheers. Used it for a few games now, got beat first game off Millwall 3 - 0, but not lost in 4 now. battered Sheffield Wednesday 6 - 2 away from home and beat leeds 4 - 1 at home. Can't seem to keep a clean sheet though. Conceded 40 in 22 games. 21st worst in league. But I suppose player quality wont help with that. 

Just to clarify, I have removed pass through middle, offside trap and attacking width is now standard. I have also removed get stuck in and I am not a fan of this instruction at all

No probs!

If you are adjusting the mentality then it'll take a while to get used to knowing when to change etc - you kinda get a feel for it, although it's never an exact science and can still be plenty irritating. 15, 60, 72 and 82 minutes are my most common 'checkpoints' for when to change as a guideline but some games just go completely off the rails.

I haven't had any problems with get stuck in until literally the last ten games (after i won the league) - got 7 reds across 5 games which is bizarre as 2 over the rest of the season? Suspect player mentality stats play a part, that and the fact I reckon the game got tired of me winning (sent two guys off in the cup semi of course! :rolleyes:)

EDIT: Forgot to say, i always think I concede a lot too - looking at the table above it appears relatively that I don't really. No matter how good you get at juggling the mentality, sadly the AI will always score (and you'll second guess yourself) - player quality for sure makes a difference though!

Good luck!

Edited by optimusprimal82

On 04/01/2019 at 20:21, knap said:

TIME 442                                             P110                                          under

cant seem to find this TIME343 Press  P100 please help 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Knap, 

appreciate all the work you put into these tactics.

Just wanted to ask when your 343 tactics for 19.3 would be shared - and if in the meantime, it's okay to 'tinker' with some of the roles such as changing the WBs (Au) to CWB (S) and G (D) / SK (S) to SK (A). Does the central striker also have to be a poacher or would any other roles work such as TM or PF? 

Cheers :) 

At this stage previous tactics may work on 19.3, when it arrives. Best tactic last year was made on 18.2.2.

Roles are key to the tactic, changing them goes into unknown territory, and is not really needed as you can see from team screenshots (I don.t even train roles).

Of course, what I meant to ask was - are the individual player instructions the same as on FM18?

The reason I ask is because I've moved over to the Switch for FMT now and you cannot import tactics.

Edited by Clavin99