FM 19 Time 343 IF Time Argus Pilgrimage WOF 343 Knap

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey knap. Your pilgrimage tactic has been great only thing is my strikers never seem to do well. Any suggestions as to how i could get them into the game and on the scoresheet more. There isnt a whole lot of players out there that are good at being a false 9. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Im playing with leverkusen and just bought maxi gomez but he doesnt seem to suit the formation at all. Neither do my backup strikers. So when u say ignore the roles are you saying put it to the role that best suits him?

The roles are used as part of the mentality structure of tactic, and have very little to do with what roles suit player. If you look at the team screenshot in OP t most of the players do not fit roles. All you need is a quality player to fit position. If you want strikers to score more then it is better to use a 442 or variation  formation

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Knap,

for 19.3.2 I'm considering using the 3-4-3 Poachers in Home games and 3-4-3 Wingers in Away games. Is their a third formation I could us while still maintaining three at the back to essentially SUS? I know I could bring the mentality down but I was after a particular formation to use against big teams and so that I would have 3 tactics altogether. 

Cheers :)

The 4141 is a working tactic in 19.3.

Being defensive is a combination of mentality and movement. Maybe balanced or cautious with a DLP D and wbs on S or D.

What about a Mezzala at the center of midfield, Knap?
Somehow we need to break the narrow defence this year and protect from the perfect counter attacks.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 09/11/2019 at 20:14, knap said:

Did you change anything or is this just the original tactic?

Having success with it but general play moves too slow for my liking with the lower tempo/Shorter passing.

Going to try the version with the Poacher and neutral Passing/Tempo.

41 minutes ago, knap said:

I doubt I changed anything and certainly nothing of any consequence.

The public beta test, is now live on the normal beta branch.

What was the biggest differences you noticed for it changing to?

Still going pretty good with this, just a couple minor changes made to accommodate the new ME. 

image.thumb.png.c81aabd447d78b842b44b48fa3a8e6b2.png

Results from when I took over. Took us all the way out the relegation zone and onto a decent cup run, despite being taken to a replay pretty much every round :lol:

Still going strong, some more tweaks added to the tactic.

I'm not sure if somethings are down to it still being in beta or down to lower league players, but finding it frustrating to try to get players to make the right decisions with PI. 

Like wingbacks continue to dribble inside when having a great opportunity to cross to a free striker.

Strikers also do this, but tbh I have had an issue with FM for years with strikers not squaring the ball for a tap in 9/10.

Like I said it's still effective just trying to get it working more efficiently. Guess I won't know till I go up the leagues and the official game is released.