[FM19] E19 - England to Level 19

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Dan, I've been studying your database in order to try and create my own lower league update for my own interest. The amount of editing you must do, and the attention to detail is breathtaking. Given that SI provide no guide for the editor and the in-editor tooltips can be vague to say the least, I've really learnt a lot from you, and you've increased my enjoyment of the game  a great deal. One thing I noticed , the North West Premier has its western boundary set as Halifax. Should Halifax be the eastern boundary? 

8 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

You're coming across a bit GRR Martin there!

What Dan isn't telling, is what music he is listening when working on this. I bet is Game Of Thrones theme in constant loop. ;) :D

Edited by grade

26 minutes ago, grade said:

What Dan isn't telling, is what music he is listening when working on this. I bet is Game Of Thrones theme in constant loop. ;) :D

My point is, GRRM has just released a new book. Not the book everyone was waiting for, but a book no one was waiting for. Mind you, I'm still reading it, which is slowing down my FM career!

I'd like to see

11 Sheffield & Hallamshire County Senior Football League
12 Sheffield & Hallamshire County Senior League Division One
13 Sheffield & Hallamshire County Senior Football League Division Two

or

11 West Riding County Amateur Football League

14 Yorkshire Amateur League Premier Division
15 Yorkshire Amateur League Championship Division
16 Yorkshire Amateur League Division One
17 Yorkshire Amateur League Division Two
18 Yorkshire Amateur League Division Three
19 Yorkshire Amateur League Division Four
20 Yorkshire Amateur League Division Five
21 Yorkshire Amateur League Division Six

I think both go into the Level 10 Northern Counties East League Division One. I think!!

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, delped said:

I'd like to see

or

I think both go into the Level 10 Northern Counties East League Division One. I think!!

Thank you.

Hold on a minute... you've just slagged off the work Dan does in another thread and now you're asking him to do stuff? Why not just be patient and if you want more stuff adding to it then do it yourself?

10 minutes ago, stato_bennett said:

Hold on a minute... you've just slagged off the work Dan does in another thread and now you're asking him to do stuff? Why not just be patient and if you want more stuff adding to it then do it yourself?

No I did not, that would be rude.

I said "Different leagues is a good idea, Dan doesn't include any leagues that I'd like in there."

So then I thought, hold on why not just ask him as he requested a few post back, as some of you seem to object to someone else having some input.

That's not slagging off.

Edited by delped

1 minute ago, delped said:

No I did not, that would be rude.

You have literally just posted in another thread the two following things in a thread of someone who was going to do a level 10 and then decided against it when they decided they'd just use Dan's "Why not if it can be done better." & "Different leagues is a good idea, Dan doesn't include any leagues that I'd like in there. The fanboys don't think about that."

As I said Why not just be patient and if you want more stuff adding to it then do it yourself?

1 minute ago, stato_bennett said:

You have literally just posted in another thread the two following things in a thread of someone who was going to do a level 10 and then decided against it when they decided they'd just use Dan's "Why not if it can be done better." & "Different leagues is a good idea, Dan doesn't include any leagues that I'd like in there. The fanboys don't think about that."

As I said Why not just be patient and if you want more stuff adding to it then do it yourself?

I'm not going to be drawn into an argument with you, but you are reading it wrongly.

I didn't read that he was going to use Dans, it looked like he was going to build his own.

If things where not reinvented we wouldn't be here with computers or a rebuild of Football Manager each year would we.

And no Dan does not have any leagues that I would like to see.

Can we please keep to the chat about Level 22 now.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, delped said:

I'd like to see

or

Thank you.

If I can find all the relevant club information then I could possibly do this

There's only 1 problem doing the Yorkshire Amateur Leagues, it won't be able to promote into the West Riding

Edited by Dan BHTFC

5 minutes ago, stato_bennett said:

Dan how long do you think it'll be until you've managed to do the FA Vase stuff? I'm toying about starting a new career mode but I'd rather hang on until the FA Vase is done before doing.

Once I complete Level 11 I can do the FA Vase, still have no timescale yet but work is getting in the way of progress as the moment 

Thanks Dan, I got my info from here although I don't know how accurate the info is at  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_football_league_system 

The teams in the 

seem to be correct

but weirdly it says that the Yorkshire Amateur League is a feeder to the West Riding County Amateur Football League.

It did seem odd jumping 14 to 11.

Thanks again.

Hey, just a quick question - will teams like Corinthian-Casuals and the University teams be able to remain amateur? Similarly, for the University teams can they be fixed to only have 18+ year olds and be restricted to newgens only? I remember trying it with a previous FM but it was bugged!

Uni sides have max age of 23, I noticed when I put Corinthian-Casuals as amateur in FM18 that they rose through the leagues pretty quick.

Also in regards to Uni sides only having newgens, the only way to do that is to give them a lengthy transfer ban so they are only bringing through their own players 

Edited by Dan BHTFC

7 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Uni sides have plenty of postgrads - there shouldn't be an age limit, just strictly amateur.

You say that, not sure what the rules are in England, but in South Africa, one of our top sides is a Varsity side (Bidvest WITS). 3rd in our Premier league at the time of posting.

Getting really excited for this, appreciate all your hard work.

Currently still playing and enjoying the FM17 version - Dan BHTFC England Lower Leagues with a woeful Level 9 team. Makes previously starting a long term save in the Conference North/South feel unrealistic, even with a media predicted 21st-23rd team. 

Shortly will invest in FM19 and get ready for a few late nights.

I've only just created an account but have played the game for years. Looking forward to starting a Falmouth Town save! Have had the game downloaded for a while but am waiting for this database so as to begin. Dan, is there a way you could offer an option for donations? If there would be an issue with SI it could just be as donations for your time - beer fund!

1 hour ago, rschprs said:

How do you avoid your players all walking away during the first transfer window when they're on an amateur contract? 

You don't - it's an occupational hazard. Bear in mind it happens to your rivals too. I'm used to a late surge when the clubs above me are weakened by defections.

Where you can make a difference that the AI managers can't is to work at keeping your best players happy, loving the club and you. You can often persuade them to stay if the interested club is also amateur and not offering wages.

32 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

You don't - it's an occupational hazard. Bear in mind it happens to your rivals too. I'm used to a late surge when the clubs above me are weakened by defections.

Where you can make a difference that the AI managers can't is to work at keeping your best players happy, loving the club and you. You can often persuade them to stay if the interested club is also amateur and not offering wages.

Doesn't really make sense right? These are amateurs. Born and raised in the village, played for the club their whole lives. They have a job in the village. They don't just pack up and leave, do they? First window I have 7 first team players leaving. 

35 minutes ago, rschprs said:

Doesn't really make sense right? These are amateurs. Born and raised in the village, played for the club their whole lives. They have a job in the village. They don't just pack up and leave, do they? First window I have 7 first team players leaving. 

The game wasn't designed to model pub-club amateur player behavior realistically.  But you can use this to your advantage as well.  You can poach players from other clubs too.  Also, if a player is a complainer, release him with no consequences before it affects the whole squad.  After the first 2-3 seasons, you can build up a squad with decent personalities that will stick with you through thick and thin.

13 hours ago, rschprs said:

How do you avoid your players all walking away during the first transfer window when they're on an amateur contract? 

There is away. The players you want make them players/coaches or scouts etc. Give them 30/40 year contacts thy stay. 

15 hours ago, rschprs said:

If they are stolen by another amateur club you can usually just enter negotiations straight away and get them back! But if they go for money I just see it as realistic! If an amateur player is scouted and offered money to play somewhere else in real life 9 times out of 10 they will leave!

Edited by MikeyStephenson

29 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

Few more divisions created in Level 11, I have 10 more to do from the original file then 2 or 3 new ones to create

Have you managed to create the playoff systems at Level 7 & 8 on your file in the advanced editor?

I have had a go at creating it on my Level 10 file but I keep getting nation rule errors, mainly due to dates.

I have asked Claassen if he would be willing to help me as he has it set up in is England file but I have not received a response as of yet.

4 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Have you managed to create the playoff systems at Level 7 & 8 on your file in the advanced editor?

I have had a go at creating it on my Level 10 file but I keep getting nation rule errors, mainly due to dates.

I have asked Claassen if he would be willing to help me as he has it set up in is England file but I have not received a response as of yet.

I tend not to dabble with the Advanced Rules as it's broken my files in the past

On 04/12/2018 at 01:55, rschprs said:

If a club offers your player a contract then just offer them a new one at the same time. Most of the time they’ll stay with you (unless they’re unhappy or actual wages being offered by then other team!)

18 hours ago, apollopovey said:

If a club offers your player a contract then just offer them a new one at the same time. Most of the time they’ll stay with you (unless they’re unhappy or actual wages being offered by then other team!)

I'll try that. Thank you.

On 04/12/2018 at 04:00, rschprs said:

As someone who coaches at a Level 12 club, yes they do. They'll just go an play for the team five or ten miles down the road or they'll just not play for a while whilst they have a sulk about being left out of the starting eleven for three games on the bounce.

The only way Dan could make this more realistic is if there was a way to add in a random 'Sorry boss, I can't play on Saturday as work are making me cover someone's shift' unavailability.

8 minutes ago, GazzP said:

As someone who coaches at a Level 12 club, yes they do. They'll just go an play for the team five or ten miles down the road or they'll just not play for a while whilst they have a sulk about being left out of the starting eleven for three games on the bounce.

The only way Dan could make this more realistic is if there was a way to add in a random 'Sorry boss, I can't play on Saturday as work are making me cover someone's shift' unavailability.

Exactly. The limitations are due to Football Manager, the makers of which never intended for leagues to go so far down and don't endorse the edits, not Dan. If it's not for you, rsc, you're free to not use it, of course.

1 hour ago, jtaddy said:

sorry if this has already been asked and answered but is the the level 11 completed with all cups, prize money etc sorted.

Thanks James 

p.s great work 

Not yet (afaik) - Dan is still working on it - see his post from Tuesday night

2 hours ago, Dan BHTFC said:

So I've been thinking about what to do in the future for this database, I think once complete to Level 22 I'd like to do a full database down to Level 12

would be amazing

sounds like you have more fun this year around in comparison with last years struggles... if correct its a good sign! 

2 hours ago, Dan BHTFC said:

So I've been thinking about what to do in the future for this database, I think once complete to Level 22 I'd like to do a full database down to Level 12

That would be really good for me especially as my local team Hucknall Town play in the Central Midlands League South Division at the 11th Level. I don't know whether the Central Midlands League North/South Divisions are being included the Level 22 database but I'll happily look forward to both the Level 22 & full Level 12 Databases respectively as no matter how long it takes, we all appreciate your attention to detail with these databases & the time you put in to do them.