Quarterfinals: Russia vs Croatia, 7pm BST

GunmaN1905

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, CFuller said:

So, if Ivan Rakitic wins the World Cup... does that count as a win for Switzerland? :p

Not until all wins for Switzerland count for Albania, Kosovo and Bosnia.

I actually fell asleep during this game. Just before ET started. I woke up just as the penalties finished :D

In my FM save with Hamburg, Croatia won the 2018 WC. Dominik Livakovic replaced Subasic halfway through the WC and became the undisputed #1 choice after leading the team to victory in the final on pens. Of course, he was a Hamburger GK.

Otherwise I have little interesting to say about this game. 

I like Croatia but they play like ****. 

2 minutes ago, JDownie said:

I actually fell asleep during this game. Just before ET started. I woke up just as the penalties finished :D

In my FM save with Hamburg, Croatia won the 2018 WC. Dominik Livakovic replaced Subasic halfway through the WC and became the undisputed #1 choice after leading the team to victory in the final on pens. Of course, he was a Hamburger GK.

Otherwise I have little interesting to say about this game. 

I like Croatia but they play like ****. 

Croatia and England are so much alike it is unbelievable.
Both sides like to attack, the only thing is that Croatia have faced a side that also like to attack when they played Argentina.
Looking forward to this game, hopefully it will be a cracker!

Just now, daylight said:

Croatia and England are so much alike it is unbelievable.
Both sides like to attack, the only thing is that Croatia have faced a side that also like to attack when they played Argentina.
Looking forward to this game, hopefully it will be a cracker!

The difference is that England are playing to their strengths and look like a cohesive unit (albeit not a very exciting one). Croatia seem to lack a spark - they don't play on the same wavelength at all. 

5 minutes ago, JDownie said:

The difference is that England are playing to their strengths and look like a cohesive unit (albeit not a very exciting one). Croatia seem to lack a spark - they don't play on the same wavelength at all. 

Because players aren't really compatible.

Trio upfront has your typical counter-attacking wings and a defensive forward.  They're not that useful against parked buses. 

Midfield is pure class and can adapt to any situation except for maybe having to constantly defend. But there's no team that would force this team to defend whole game long. 

I expect English back 3 to have a lot of issues, especially Walker. England certainly won't sit back and they don't have enough defensive quality to neutralise Croatia.

Should be a good game, could go either way. 

2 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Because players aren't really compatible.

Trio upfront has your typical counter-attacking wings and a defensive forward.  They're not that useful against parked buses. 

Midfield is pure class and can adapt to any situation except for maybe having to constantly defend. But there's no team that would force this team to defend whole game long. 

I expect English back 3 to have a lot of issues, especially Walker.

Oh I'm not saying England are certs to win or anything like that. I actually think the game favours Croatia if they go with a 3-man midfield against England as they will control the game if they do that. Play the same line-up as tonight and England will win though, I feel.

It will be Brozović, guaranteed.

He put Kramarić on because he's the best forward against defensive teams.

Weak spots: Walker against Perišić/Mandžukić, especially in the air and defensive contibution of Alli and Lingard.

Strinić on the other side.

12 minutes ago, Haiku said:

So what? And you know the flat maps are distorted and Russia looks bigger than it actually is. Still huge though.

Sure. It's actually funny they are so ****. Considering they like football

1 hour ago, GunmaN1905 said:

It will be Brozović, guaranteed.

He put Kramarić on because he's the best forward against defensive teams.

Weak spots: Walker against Perišić/Mandžukić, especially in the air and defensive contibution of Alli and Lingard.

Strinić on the other side.

what do you think will be Croatia weak spots against England?

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Haiku:

Not until all wins for Switzerland count for Albania, Kosovo and Bosnia.

Shocking to have players of foreign descent in 2018 really :D

I remember Ivan Rakitic choosing Croatia over Switzerland some years after Mladen Petric did. Back then I thought Petric was the bigger loss, that didn't turn out true did it. Clearly can't blame any of them for choosing to play for a much better team of course.

Archived