[FM18] Leagues World pack by claassen (279 updates: Final pack)

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 saat önce, Nobby_McDonald said:

OK fellas thanks for the answers. I was looking to add the lower Welsh and Scottish leagues from Claassen's database but it looks like it won't be possible. Never mind.

Level 10 England + Wales + Scotland setup Working well ... (Not level 22 because same clubs used to create others)

What is the nation with the most possible competitions and cups to play in?

Like when managing in Egypt for example, you can play in a lot of cups and competitions:

Clubs: Egyptian Premier League; Egypt Cup; Egyptian Super Cup; UNAF Clup Cup*; Fifa Clup World Cup; CAF Champions League; CAF Confederations Cup; CAF Super Cup; Arab Club Champions Cup
Nations: Fifa World Cup; Africa Cup of Nations; African Nations Championship; (All-/Pan-)African Games; Olympic Games; Fifa Confederations Cup; Mediterranean Games; Arab Nations Cup; Francophone Games; Pan Arab Games; Islamic Solidarity Games

* Not in the game, nor in this update the moment. Only held in 2015, but not defunct as far as I know
That means at least 20 possible cups and leagues to win, even more if you count youth matches and qualifications for the Fifa World Cup; Africa Cup of Nations and African Nations Championship.

Are there nations/clubs that participate in more leagues and cups?

Edited by Jorgen

Honduras file isn’t working for me anymore. It says there are 0 out of a minimum 5 teams currently. Any ideas what caused this or what I can do to remedy?

On 20/07/2018 at 10:20, ozzymanborn said:

Level 10 England + Wales + Scotland setup Working well ... (Not level 22 because same clubs used to create others)

That's very interesting. I was planning on doing level 8 in England along with an extra level in Scotland and Wales.

On 22/07/2018 at 17:22, Crplz said:

Are you using the updated files he did for 18.3?

I ended up redownloading all the files I wanted from across the forum and it works fine

@claassen Would you consider adding the missing cups from Bolivia (→ Copa Aerosur and Copa Aerosur del Sur) and Peru (→ Torneo del Inca and Copa Federación)?

Also, why is the "RFFU - m. Simferopol - Gruppa 1" in Africa; the "Četvrta HNL - zapad" in Panama; and the "Četvrta HNL - sjever A 2017" in Asia?

Only files I load are the Sortitoutsi files and yours.

Edited by Jorgen

14 hours ago, Jorgen said:

@claassen Would you consider adding the missing cups from Bolivia (→ Copa Aerosur and Copa Aerosur del Sur) and Peru (→ Torneo del Inca and Copa Federación)?

Also, why is the "RFFU - m. Simferopol - Gruppa 1" in Africa; the "Četvrta HNL - zapad" in Panama; and the "Četvrta HNL - sjever A 2017" in Asia?

Only files I load are the Sortitoutsi files and yours.

Because he uses extinct leagues for leagues/cups that aren't in the game. If you have the sortitoutsi real name files, those IDs are gonna be renamed.

Open the lnc files with notepad and get rid of the lines for those leagues and they'll default back to edited name in claassen's files.

2 minutes ago, Crplz said:

Because he uses extinct leagues for leagues/cups that aren't in the game. If you have the sortitoutsi real name files, those IDs are gonna be renamed.

Open the lnc files with notepad and get rid of the lines for those leagues and they'll default back to edited name in claassen's files.

Thanks for explaining!

What are the actual competitions they should be?

I put all the .fmf files in the editor data folder but when I try to launch fm18 it just crashes and doesnt open. I then went down folder by folder, all the Oceania, North and South America, International and Continental, Africa, and midway through Asia works fine and launches correctly. Once I try to add the countries from Europe and the rest of Asia the game won't launch (crashes over and over). Any insight on the possible cause of this problem would be greatly appreciated.

9 hours ago, Howell said:

I put all the .fmf files in the editor data folder but when I try to launch fm18 it just crashes and doesnt open. I then went down folder by folder, all the Oceania, North and South America, International and Continental, Africa, and midway through Asia works fine and launches correctly. Once I try to add the countries from Europe and the rest of Asia the game won't launch (crashes over and over). Any insight on the possible cause of this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Just put all the files in 1 folder (the editor date folder that is) and not in subfolders. Load a game and see which nations have the problems.

Do you use the latest version of this pack?

10 hours ago, Howell said:

I had this problem with the game not starting up. In the end I just used the European, South American and some Asian leagues and that seemed to fix it.

Just now, Jorgen said:

@brookie1402, @Howell I had some problems at first too, but after deleting all other updates (only from Susie, or these SI forums) and downloading all files again, I have no problems anymore. (OK one naming thing for 3 competitions) but everything else is working as it should.

I just uninstalled fm18 completely redownloaded it and redownloaded the pack but its still crashing.

On 25/07/2018 at 18:20, Howell said:

I just uninstalled fm18 completely redownloaded it and redownloaded the pack but its still crashing.

Strange. Did you also delete al FM user folders when reinstalling?

I have an issue with bolivian 1st division. It only works with 2017 starting. Runned it on vacation for 1 year and the 2018 season started normally.

If we start at 2018 (with brazil league, for example), only the 2nd tier works.

Only the bolivia file loaded.

Anybody else noted this issue?

On 24/07/2018 at 18:03, Crplz said:

Solved it, by changing some LNC files. Everything is working now. Thanks. :thup:

@claassen A few questions about the cups you've made:

1. How does qualification for the Lusophony Games work and which nations participate?
  2. How does qualification for the Francophone Games work and which nations participate?
  3. Do all cup winners from French Outre-Mer nations (Reunion, French Guyana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Mayotte, St Pierre & Miquelon, St Martin, New Caledonia, Wallis & Fortuna,  and Tahiti) qualify for the France Cup as they do in real liefe? Some of these nations have no French Cup mentioned in the opening post of this topic.
  4. I suspect the French Cup does only work if France is selected. Am I correct?
Edited by Jorgen

7 hours ago, Sprintcollares said:

I have an issue with bolivian 1st division. It only works with 2017 starting. Runned it on vacation for 1 year and the 2018 season started normally.

If we start at 2018 (with brazil league, for example), only the 2nd tier works.

Only the bolivia file loaded.

Anybody else noted this issue?

It's because the first tier changes from 12 to 14 teams in 2018, but there's still only 12 "teams for next year" in the database. It doesn't sim the pro/rel for the year, so if you start a game after Bolivia ends in 2017, it doesn't have the teams to create the league. The second division has enough teams for next year, so it loads fine.

Two workarounds:

1) If you don't want to mess with the editor, and you want to start in 2018, if the league has a pre-season start date when Bolivia is still running in 2017, it'll play the end of the season and work. The earliest Brazil 2018 is in in December 2017 and works fine. Haven't tried the late pre-season.**

2) Add two of the second division clubs (real ones, high reputations, etc.) to the teams for next year in the Bolivian Premier Division and the league loads.

** I haven't tested, but I think anything before the Jan 15 Season Update day should work. I'm guessing if you're starting in 2018, you're playing in a calendar year league so they'll have a start date early enough. If not, you could add one.

5 hours ago, Jorgen said:

1. How does qualification for the Lusophony Games work and which nations participate?
  2. How does qualification for the Francophone Games work and which nations participate?

He has them set to fixed nations so there are no qualifiers.

Francophony Games has: Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Canada, Congo, DR Congo, France, Gabon, Haiti, Lebanon, Morocco, Niger, Guinea, Senegal, Mali, Tunisia

Lusophony Games: Angola, Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau, Macau, Mozambique, Sao Tome and Principe, Sri Lanka, India, East Timor, Equatorial Guinea

I think all his games files are like this--although a couple I haven't pulled up in the editor.

I don't know if the above competitions have qualifiers (the Lusophony Games has 10 teams, so I assume unless a nation doesn't want to send a team, they're all in) but to use the Pan Am Games as an example:

He has 16 fixed nations. IRL, it's an 8 team tournament and qualifications has varied. For 2019 they're using the CONCACAF U20 and CONMEBOL U20 comps. Those are obviously used in-game to qualify for the U20 World Cup, so if you want to mess with them--assuming you can without wrecking them in-game--you'd probably also have to edit the U20 World Cup. The built-in CONCACAF U20 doesn't seem to classify anything beyond the winners and runners up. I tried to get it to grab 3rd and 4th place using team indexes, but what happens is it just fills the  whole comp with CONCACAF nations (other than a CONMEBOL host.) The CONMEBOL U20 conveniently has a group final which may make it easier to grab the positions, but I didn't bother trying and just took the Winners/Runners up from both, one "Best Team" from each and then a random nation from each to mix it up. One day I'm gonna see if I can mess with the CONCACAF U20 and get it to work**.

** I want to rebuild the U20 World Cup--again, if possible--anyway, because if you've noticed, the game doesn't grab the OFC nations from claassen's OFC U20 championship. I've seen nations other than NZL and NCL win or finish 2nd and it still almost always takes them lol

Edited by Crplz

5 hours ago, Jorgen said:

1. Do all cup winners from French Outre-Mer nations (Reunion, French Guyana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Mayotte, St Pierre & Miquelon, St Martin, New Caledonia, Wallis & Fortuna,  and Tahiti) qualify for the France Cup as they do in real liefe? Some of these nations have no French Cup mentioned in the opening post of this topic.
  2. I suspect the French Cup does only work if France is selected. Am I correct?

It's set up to grab the teams from cups in French Guyana, Martinique, Guadeloupe, New Caledonia, and Tahiti. For Reunion it's grabbing from the league, and Mayotte just grabs one best team.

Nothing from STM, St Martin or Wallis & Futuna.

It is set to combine with rules from code, so it may still grab from them, not sure. He has the Wallis and Futuna Cup active.

And yeah, the French Cup will only load with France. There is a setting in the advanced rules to show comps in multiple nations, but I've never tried it.

@Crplz Thanks for answering! :thup:

Would it be possible - in an easy way - to add more teams to both the Lusophony Games (i.e. Portugal, Brazil) and Francophone Games (i.e. Egypt, Belgium, etc)  and let the game then randomly choose each edition that will participate participate? So game chooses for example 16 out of  50+ teams for Francophone and 10 out of 12 (or 16) for Lusophony. Even better would be that France & Porugal are always in and the remaining nations are randomly picked from a pool of nations, sorted by continent. 

I opened the Francophone file in the editor, but couldn't find which teams participate, or where to add more.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeux_de_la_Francophonie#Participation (56 members, 3 associate members, 12 observers)  and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lusophony_Games (9 members, 3 associate members and 4 nations interested in joining)

About the French cup: I would like to add all Outre-Mer nations that are allowed to participate, so including St Pierre & Miquelon; St Martin and Wallis & Fortuna. Is that possible, and how do I do this?

BTW, this is not meant to criticize, but to help! :thup:

Edited by Jorgen

12 hours ago, Jorgen said:

@Crplz Thanks for answering! :thup:

Would it be possible - in an easy way - to add more teams to both the Lusophony Games (i.e. Portugal, Brazil) and Francophone Games (i.e. Egypt, Belgium, etc)  and let the game then randomly choose each edition that will participate participate? So game chooses for example 16 out of  50+ teams for Francophone and 10 out of 12 (or 16) for Lusophony. Even better would be that France & Porugal are always in and the remaining nations are randomly picked from a pool of nations, sorted by continent. 

I opened the Francophone file in the editor, but couldn't find which teams participate, or where to add more.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeux_de_la_Francophonie#Participation (56 members, 3 associate members, 12 observers)  and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lusophony_Games (9 members, 3 associate members and 4 nations interested in joining)

About the French cup: I would like to add all Outre-Mer nations that are allowed to participate, so including St Pierre & Miquelon; St Martin and Wallis & Fortuna. Is that possible, and how do I do this?

I mean, I would consider it easy to do that, especially if you're not changing anything about the stages, just the teams used. You could erase the Get Specific Team instances, other than the ones you always want (Portugal and Brazil for example) and have it take X amount of other teams in the team pool/qualified teams. The qualified teams are listed in "Teams" under the first stage of the comps for these two competitions.

I've not spent a lot of time messing with built-in comps, but looking at the French Cup, you could probably lower the number of lowest seeds it takes (i.e. the random teams from the French regional leagues) and add in the comp winners/runners up for those nations and it would probably be okay. Testing the French Cup just seems like a pain since the early rounds have so many fixtures.

@Crplz Thanks! Does this mean I can setup different pools of qualified teams? I.e. let the game pick Portugal for sure, 3 from Asia, 1 from the Americas and 5 from Africa? I'll try creating that with your tips. Thanks again.

About the French Cup; if I set France as view only and start playing in for example French Guyana or Mayotte, will I then be able to play French Cup matches, or must it France be playable for that?

Edit: I've looked up the Lusophony and Francophone Games in the editor. I can see the advanced rules, but the qualified teams are nowhere to be find. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by Jorgen

So, I've setup the Coupe de France to let all 10 Outre-Mer nations participate with 2 teams each. For Mayotte and St Pierre, it had to be the 2 best teams of the nation, as there were no other means of selecting clubs from those nations. I did tests in the editor until 2050 and 2100. Both ending without messages. Now I hope it will work in game too. It seemed not necessary to decrease the amoutn of other teams, as some divisions were specified to add the best teams, without naming a specific number, thus I suspect the game takes the right amount by it self.

Still trying to find the teams for the Lusophony and Francophone Games. I did go to stage 0, 1, 2 and 3, but all "teams" tabs were empty.

Edit: In the list of selectable nations France was displayed without exclamation marks and triangles, so it looked good, however, in the list where you can select playable and view only, it was displayed without a name, so only an empty rectangle, where normally "France division 3" or something like that should be. I could not click the rectangle, nor choose which French leagues to load. I guess I did something wrong. Starting the game, went flawless though. When setting up my manager, I could choose clubs from all French leagues though.

Edit 2: Instead of 20 teams qualifying for the Coupe de France 7th round, only 10 did. Even stranger, as far as I know, before I started editing, all qualified Outre-Mer teams were playing their first Coupe de France match as an away match. Now, after editing, 10 teams play an away match, while one plays a home match.

If it is of any importance, I copied some of the team selection rules and edited to my liking. Like the selection of Mayottan teams to use St Pierre teams (where obviously I changed mayotte to St Pierre) etc. Also, for Mayotte, I changed "1" to "2" at the teamamount field. If I needed the best of "competition X" for a new Outre-Mer nation; I copied the corresponding selection of another nation and edited it so that my nation was in it. I also moved some selection criteria up/down to have them sorted. 

Edited by Jorgen

2 hours ago, Jorgen said:

So, I've setup the Coupe de France to let all 10 Outre-Mer nations participate with 2 teams each. For Mayotte and St Pierre, it had to be the 2 best teams of the nation, as there were no other means of selecting clubs from those nations. I did tests in the editor until 2050 and 2100. Both ending without messages. Now I hope it will work in game too. It seemed not necessary to decrease the amoutn of other teams, as some divisions were specified to add the best teams, without naming a specific number, thus I suspect the game takes the right amount by it self.

Still trying to find the teams for the Lusophony and Francophone Games. I did go to stage 0, 1, 2 and 3, but all "teams" tabs were empty.

Edit: In the list of selectable nations France was displayed without exclamation marks and triangles, so it looked good, however, in the list where you can select playable and view only, it was displayed without a name, so only an empty rectangle, where normally "France division 3" or something like that should be. I could not click the rectangle, nor choose which French leagues to load. I guess I did something wrong. Starting the game, went flawless though. When setting up my manager, I could choose clubs from all French leagues though.

Edit 2: Instead of 20 teams qualifying for the Coupe de France 7th round, only 10 did. Even stranger, as far as I know, before I started editing, all qualified Outre-Mer teams were playing their first Coupe de France match as an away match. Now, after editing, 10 teams play an away match, while one plays a home match.

If it is of any importance, I copied some of the team selection rules and edited to my liking. Like the selection of Mayottan teams to use St Pierre teams (where obviously I changed mayotte to St Pierre) etc. Also, for Mayotte, I changed "1" to "2" at the teamamount field. If I needed the best of "competition X" for a new Outre-Mer nation; I copied the corresponding selection of another nation and edited it so that my nation was in it. I also moved some selection criteria up/down to have them sorted. 

Sorry--the teams for the Lusophony and Francophone games are in Qualified Teams below the stages. The 'teams' part just grabs them from there.

As for the French Cup, you can't just change the number of qualified teams if you're gonna do it that way. You'd have to go into the rounds and make it work with that number of teams. Also, it could just be because you're messing with a built in comp.

6 hours ago, Crplz said:

Sorry--the teams for the Lusophony and Francophone games are in Qualified Teams below the stages. The 'teams' part just grabs them from there.

As for the French Cup, you can't just change the number of qualified teams if you're gonna do it that way. You'd have to go into the rounds and make it work with that number of teams. Also, it could just be because you're messing with a built in comp.

No problem. I'll look again then. :thup: Though, I think, I've already checked about every field in the editor to find them :P

OK, I thought that because of the "take best teams" setting for the amateur leagues - and without that being specified by a specific amount - the game would suggest fill the cup with the necessary amount of teams left.

Edit: Saw that there was a Coupe de France (FFM) in the editor too and I edited the same teams there. Did not work eighter, so reverted back to Claassen's original file.

Seems like editing is a bit more difficult than I hoped ;)

Edited by Jorgen

On 20/07/2018 at 10:20, ozzymanborn said:

Which Level 10 are you using.

I've seen one on here and also one on fmscout, by different creators. I have been using level 22, but I did;t know about some clubs being used to create others - that's not good and pretty annoying, although that said I hadn't noticed haha.

9 hours ago, Jorgen said:

No problem. I'll look again then. :thup: Though, I think, I've already checked about every field in the editor to find them :P

OK, I thought that because of the "take best teams" setting for the amateur leagues - and without that being specified by a specific amount - the game would suggest fill the cup with the necessary amount of teams left.

Edit: Saw that there was a Coupe de France (FFM) in the editor too and I edited the same teams there. Did not work eighter, so reverted back to Claassen's original file.

Seems like editing is a bit more difficult than I hoped ;)

See image for where to find the nations.

Though I'd probably utilize the "Team Pool" and have it grab random teams from it in the group stage if you're not going to have the same qualifiers every time.

FMM is FM Mobile, I believe. French Cup is probably smaller in that version due to processing and database size reasons.

I might take a look at what you're doing with the French Cup and try it on my end. Again, part of it could be because it's a built in comp. It also might be how you have the teams qualifying organized. If you didn't change the structure for the cup to accommodate more teams, it might be trying to grab them in order you have listed.

Annotation.png

My cup don't have to accomodate more teams, just less amateur teams from the lowest level. I do not really care if some unplayable team is not there, but as far as I know, all DOM/TOM (Outre-Mer) nations are allowed to participate in the Coupe de France. So why wouldn't we add all of those nations? ;) 

So what I did was copy the entries that were much alike what I wanted, lets say "second best team of competition" in Guadeloupe, copied to create "second best team" in Coupe de Tahiti Nui, where I shifted the order of entries only to fit a copied one, with an already available one. So the copied Guadeloupe/Martinique/Guyana was then send to follow the already available Tahiti one. I am no native English speaker. Is it a bit clear what I mean? I even made sure that at my 2nd try, I did the same for the FFM version. Well, maybe not exactly copying the same, as, as far as I know, some entries were already almost the same (only the nation/league was different) so I guessed it did not make any difference which one to copy and alter. But in the end, the entire list of entries was exactly alike in the normal Coupe de France and the FFM one.

If you can try yourself for the Coupe de France that would be great. I like cups very much and if I can edit this to my liking, it would be very nice! :) 

My cup don't have to accomodate more teams, just less amateur teams from the lowest level. I do not really care if some unplayable team is not there, but as far as I know, all DOM/TOM (Outre-Mer) nations are allowed to participate in the Coupe de France. So why wouldn't we add all of those nations? ;) 

So what I did was copy the entries that were much alike what I wanted, lets say "second best team of competition" in Guadeloupe, copied to create "second best team" in Coupe de Tahiti Nui, where I shifted the order of entries only to fit a copied one, with an already available one. So the copied Guadeloupe/Martinique/Guyana was then send to follow the already available Tahiti one. I am no native English speaker. Is it a bit clear what I mean? I even made sure that at my 2nd try, I did the same for the FFM version. Well, maybe not exactly copying the same, as, as far as I know, some entries were already almost the same (only the nation/league was different) so I guessed it did not make any difference which one to copy and alter. But in the end, the entire list of entries was exactly alike in the normal Coupe de France and the FFM one.

If you can try yourself for the Coupe de France that would be great. I like cups very much and if I can edit this to my liking, it would be very nice! :) 

Edit: I checked rsssf.com and apparently Saint Martin, Wallis & Fortuna and Saint Pierre & Miquelon did not participate in the Coupe de France. Although I think they are allowed, they just did not do that. Saint Barthelomey isn't even in the database, but that might be because of it's non affiliation to any football organisation. It's not even a member of CONIFA. I also checked Claassen's France file in the editor. It seems he has all the right nations, including the right amount of participant for Guadeloupe, Martinique, Reunion and French Guyana (all 2) and just 1 for Mayotte, New Caledonia and Tahiti. Mayotte (no leagues nor cups in the db → best team) and Reunion (only leagues, no cups → league winner and runner up) are as real as they can be. So perhaps, I must not want the others in the Coupe de France ;)

Another question: what happens if I load all the necessary files for the CONCACAF (CONCACAF + Mexico + 7 central american countries) but not use them in my game right away?

I am thinking of participating in a challenge, but loading 8 extra leagues will slow my game down obviously. Of course, I can choose them as view only, but I am curious as what to expect when I don't activiate them in the game at all.

As long as you have the Mexico/Central American league files active, you don't have to load the leagues.

If you're not planning on using those leagues in a particular save, all you'd lose by having all of them turned off is the CONCACAF league.

Strange thing happened. Marakei (Kiribati) appointed Tim Williamson as new manager and exactly one minute later, he already resigned. Those 2 news items appeared directly after eachother.

Is this a bug in FM, something to do with this league world pack, or something else?

Changes to 20/08/2018:
- 8 new competitions:
International: ABCS Tournament, Commonwealth of Independent States Cup, Windward Islands Tournament
Continental: Caribbean Club Shield, Copa ABC, Livonia Cup, Mapinduzi Cup, SAFF Club Championship
- Suruga Bank Championship: remove from Japan and put in continental competition (it's more logical)
- CFU Championship: divided into 2 parts as in reality: Caribbean Club Championship & Caribbean Club Shield
- Bolivia: new format for Apertura Stage, from season 2018
- Colors more legible on certain competitions

Edited by claassen

On 16/11/2017 at 10:01, claassen said:

MEGAPACK 279 UPDATES:

https://files.manageronline.fr/claassen/FM18/megapack-leagues-fm18-by-claassen.rar

Changes to 20/08/2018:
- 8 new competitions:
International: ABCS Tournament, Commonwealth of Independent States Cup, Windward Islands Tournament
Continental: Caribbean Club Shield, Copa ABC, Livonia Cup, Mapinduzi Cup, SAFF Club Championship
- Suruga Bank Championship: remove from Japan and put in continental competition (it's more logical)
- CFU Championship: divided into 2 parts as in reality: Caribbean Club Championship & Caribbean Club Shield
- Bolivia: new format for Apertura Stage, from season 2018
- Colors more legible on certain competitions

Changes to 13/07/2018:
- 7 new competitions:
International: Concacaf Nations Leagues A, B, C ; World Cup 2018 with real groups, South American Games, WAFU U-20 Championship, Baltic Cup U19 and Arabian Gulf Cup U19.
Continental: Campeones Cup

- Fix El Salvador for compatibility with new update
- Fix AFF-U19: Australia don't participate

@claassen Thanks for updating this! :thup: 

Would you consider changing the particpants of the Francophone Games and Lusophony Games a bit? Like always having France and Portugal qualified as both cups are named after them, and the other teams randomly drawn from the member nations. I tried to do it myself, but I wasn't able to do it.

Also, I holiday'd your USA file a few years. I noticed that LAFC was added to the MLS, but Miami, Nashville and Cincinatti weren't. Would you consider adding them too?

Jorgen,

an example of Francophone Games rules with random participants. HIdden stages can be used. Nations are in this file grouped into three categories:

- the ones that seldom participate to Francophone Games

- the ones that sometimes participate to Francophone Games

- the ones that nearly always participate to Francophone Games

Franco_games_jm.fmf

6 hours ago, jeje20031 said:

Jorgen,

an example of Francophone Games rules with random participants. HIdden stages can be used. Nations are in this file grouped into three categories:

- the ones that seldom participate to Francophone Games

- the ones that sometimes participate to Francophone Games

- the ones that nearly always participate to Francophone Games

Franco_games_jm.fmf

Thanks, I'll definitely check your file.
Is it Claassen's file, plus your edits, or an entirely new file?

• 4 weeks later...

There's also a method I've used for the Francophone Games but it only uses two of jeje's categories, regular participants and occasional participants.

Under the comp's "qualified teams" you check "qualified teams" and select "get random teams from team pool". I have it set to 5, and the comp's "team pool" has 17 teams who are all nations who have participated sparingly.

Under the first stage itself's "teams" I have the 5 random teams accounted for by adding "lowest seeded qualified teams - 5", and then 11 specific teams who are regulars (Canada, France, Congo etc).

Edited by themodelcitizen