FM18: Serie A - The home of Calcio

stgahoy

I bought Abouchabaka because he's a good youngster available super cheap at the start of the game. Decided I would eventually have him take over the AMC position from Dybala (or Özil, as it would turn out).

20 apps in the league this season, 10 goals and 9 assists at the age of 18. He's been absolutely killing it on the left wing, not even at AMC! I thought he was too slow to play out wide but he has been developing really well.

Lots of interest in Dybala.... going to see how large the offers are. If I let him go, a trio of Abouchabaka - Özil - Bernadeschi could be amazing.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Second season is over, overall I'm happy. Won the league again, and got the cup (which I didn't manage in my first). Went out to Barca in the first knockout round of the CL, which I am gutted about. Had Real in my group and I didn't manage to top them. Really have to do better in Europe next season

My best player was the 19-year old Abouchabaka out at left wing, 16 goals and 16 assists in 30(+8) games, avg rating 7.62. Unsurprisingly, Higuain (top scorer, 33 in 43), Dybala and Özil were the next three best.

Going to capitalise on the interest in Dybala, Barca are desperate for him (even Messi has gone to the press), hopefully get a lot for him. Will also look to move on Cuadrado and Pjanic, as they are getting on and aren't in the team so much. Khedira and Marchisio still my two defensive mids, although again both are getting (very) old so I will need to bring someone in soon. Arthur is my top target

1 ora fa, Aizo4576 ha scritto:

Going to capitalise on the interest in Dybala, Barca are desperate for him (even Messi has gone to the press), hopefully get a lot for him. Will also look to move on Cuadrado and Pjanic, as they are getting on and aren't in the team so much. Khedira and Marchisio still my two defensive mids, although again both are getting (very) old so I will need to bring someone in soon. Arthur is my top target

Revolution :D after post here the transfers :) 

14 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Revolution :D after post here the transfers :) 

Of course :) Very happy with how they're going so far

12 minutes ago, craigd84 said:

I would encourage you take no less than 100million or dont sell, the guy is amazing and will dominate well into his mid 30's.

Barca have been going in to a full on frenzy trying to get him. He really wants to go, and I think even if I tried to keep him he'd hate me.

The money will be well spent!

b06a23c4219dac10f56604a20a0065dd.png

Super happy with this so far. Can't believe Arthur was available for that price, my scouts rated him at 86! His agent is a ***** though.

Carlos Alena was unhappy at Barca, so for that price i have amazing back up and eventual replacement for Özil.

Abel is a very decent looking regen, who will eventually replace Marchisio.

On 08/03/2018 at 06:24, ParanoidBuddha said:

@saosinfan4 and everyone else

Can you please post (under spoiler) the CA and PA that changed for Milan and Inter players?

I do not see much change. Mostly small downgrades

Hello everyone,

I was browsing the forums desperately trying to find an AC Milan team guide but stumbled across this one.  I'm so glad I did.  It's really interesting seeing who everyone is managing, how they are getting on etc.  Also, everyone seems to pitch in to what others are posting, not just posting their own stuff so that's great to see.  I'll try to be an active member ok!

I've never managed in Serie A despite loving all the C4 stuff back in the 90s but I'm starting with Milan.  I'm going to be using a tactic downloaded from another FM site as I don't have time time/patience to tinker about but any tips/hints would be great, especially at the start of the season.

So far I've sent all my foreigners on intensive language courses and organised some friendlies.  The board want me to reach the final of Europa League yet only qualify for Europa League in the league so I've decided to offer high bonuses to the players in the Europa League. I'll be playing with 3 at the back, (2 BPD and 1 CD), 2 WBs, 2 CMs and 3 AFs.

I'm getting rid of a few players to free up the wage bill but this is a long term challenge for me.  I want us to become more financially secure.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing back from you all and hopefully I can knock Juve off their perch!

PS I'd like a Milan background on my game, can anyone point me the way?

I've played every FM since 2011, and quite a few from before then, and I think Gjoni is one of the best regens I've ever had

3d6158ee76557e19502e96bb3e61ee13.png

Only just turned 17 a month or so ago, he managed to grab his first couple of goals to help us win the Supercoppa, and most importantly he has finally picked up the Perfectionist personality from Higauin!

Sacked by the Roma board in December. My first sack in FM18 and I can´t say it came as a surprise. We didn´t find the rythm the whole season and no tactic seemed to work for me. I feel a little hard done though because although I´m sitting in 9th place, I´m only 8 points off the top and was finally about to recover Nainggolan and Florenzi from injuries, whom both failed to make a single appearance under my management. I also had a really difficult Champions League group, and the board didn´t like us only getting 3rd place. It is what it is.

5aa7cb9d0d46a_ScreenShot2018-03-13at13_02_15.thumb.png.78183a357828b4a75bf59aa94dbb10ef.png

5aa7cb9b9069d_ScreenShot2018-03-13at10_40_59.thumb.png.397f09f988dcbe556d9c354467aec07b.png

I preferrably want to continue to coach in Italy and will try to get a Serie A job before the next season starts.

5 minuti fa, Sysiphus ha scritto:

Sacked by the Roma board in December. My first sack in FM18 and I can´t say it came as a surprise. We didn´t find the rythm the whole season and no tactic seemed to work for me. I feel a little hard done though because although I´m sitting in 9th place, I´m only 8 points off the top and was finally about to recover Nainggolan and Florenzi from injuries, whom both failed to make a single appearance under my management. I also had a really difficult Champions League group, and the board didn´t like us only getting 3rd place. It is what it is.

5aa7cb9d0d46a_ScreenShot2018-03-13at13_02_15.thumb.png.78183a357828b4a75bf59aa94dbb10ef.png

5aa7cb9b9069d_ScreenShot2018-03-13at10_40_59.thumb.png.397f09f988dcbe556d9c354467aec07b.png

I preferrably want to continue to coach in Italy and will try to get a Serie A job before the next season starts.

Well, super unlucky in CL!!

8 minutes ago, Sysiphus said:

A bit harsh imo, especially since you didn't have the two best players in the team. Still, try again, I'm sure you'll do better!

I had the same kind of issues with my first Roma save. Was successful second time round, so defo go for it again! 

I'm currently into January first season with Napoli. Enjoyable save so far. The biggest challenge apart from winning titles will be replacing the older players with younger players who can become as good as key figures in the squad. 

I finally got round to starting a Fiorentina save as part of the Poacher tactical challenge...mixed bag to say the least. 

Starter out playing this 5-2-3 as my imitation based off one article about Roma 2000-01

5aa7fa9b63b01_ScreenShot2018-03-13at16_17_24.thumb.png.a9a3d091b89c45fdef92ea7e9aa1e84b.png

The challenge had two parts: #1 Poacher is top scorer for the team & #2 Meet (or preferably exceed) board expectations and I was successful on both counts, but more on that later. 

5aa7fae9be08b_ScreenShot2018-03-13at16_20_22.thumb.png.6d2e9535f5e3f0f8ad0a5bdefde4fd2a.png

Very little on the transfer front, particularly in summer. I activated the automatic contract extension for Badelj just to prevent clubs bidding too low and got a pretty decent deal from PSG. Makarov was terrible so shipped him out whilst I could. Gustavo Gomez came in as I needed more centre backs in order to play 3 at the back as the squad was built for a 4 man defence (which was what they played in real life until recently). Of my many loan options it seemed that Pezzela at the back was one of the least affordable as well so I bought for the first team rather than depth. 

In winter, Thereau went out as he'd only made 3 appearances - although in those only 1 was a start and he had a goal and assist he was just never going to get a game as Chiesa, Simeone and Falcinelli were up front with youngester Gabriele Gori when needed. Eysseric literally didn't make an appearance but that loan fee will help us recoup our money, neither did Zekhnini but he's one for the future. Diakhate, one of my (remaining) favourites from FM17 doesn't look quite as good this time but still made 10 appearances. However, the chance to bring in young Lorenzo Dickmann meant Dabo would now be a backup option at centre mid instead of full back so he wasn't going to get the game time. 

Now onto results:

5aa7fc0fa7171_ScreenShot2018-03-13at16_19_53.thumb.png.5a6f1acdda1f44dc0b6b194bbd749f2e.png

Other than a Rodrigo de Paul screamer ruining our first day it went very well for us and so we were actually Winter Champions! That hammering by Cagliari was worrying but other than that things were very promising. At one point Vitor Hugo outscored my attackers as he dominated off of set pieces in the first 10 games, and as that dried up Simeone (Poacher) and Chiesa (Complete Forward) struck up a very promising partnership. We were bottom of the possession stats but near the good ends in goals scored and conceded, the only black mark being nobody performing in the Trequartista role (the only time anyone got over 7.0 was away to Milan due to the ratings bump when you score 4). As you might guess by my opening line, things didn't stay this good forever:

image.png.3372b838d07eeb5191aff7e56e8e4c78.png

Simeone didn't score in January, but that was fine as Harry Kane still hasn't scored in August. Going out of the cup to Lazio on penalties was gutting but I thought at least it meant we would be able to play our strongest team even more in the league! haha. Going into February Simeone put 4 past Milan and Lazio and I thought we'd fixed it...we hadn't. As has been suggested in the Poacher thread, most likely teams found us out and I do leave a huge gap between my defence and midfield...although it manifested itself in giving too many guys enough time on the ball to score screamers rather than us just being scythed open on the regular. Anyway, for my last 3 games I changed tactic to this

5aa7fd8604304_ScreenShot2018-03-13at16_18_33.thumb.png.4f10aa6946ef5633422e772c1c003ca5.png

A very simple 4-4-2 taking "inspiration" (its like 90% rip off) from this guy and I honestly believe that we could've risen up the table were it not for 3 goalkeeping howlers costing us clean sheets in three of the last four games. Anyway, we were only 10 points from Lazio in 4th by the end and had we defeated Torino we would've been 6th...instead we're 10th. 

Big questions going into next season - which formation do I iterate on to try and avoid becoming the next Alan Pardew? Will I get any money to supplement the agreed signings of Sportiello, Lo Faso and Saponara? I'll go figure it out, but one thing I know is I need to see more of this next year

image.png.4ea95a03addeb4205d1f654e16ecaaad.png

After almost snapping Mattia Perin's hand clean off with a first time shot earlier in the game (he played the entire game with a knock) Simeone then scored a FIFA controller-breaker of a poacher's goal - Biraghi winning it back for VItor Hugo to punt it forward putting Chiesa one-on-one with Perin where he then chose to unselfishly square it for Simeone to hit it so hard it would've probably finished his job on Perin had he not been stranded. 

I don't know if its just because I'm a Manchester United supporter and our manager loves it but I'm beginning to warm to this anti-football football...

7 hours ago, Sysiphus said:

Aw sorry to hear this but keep u informed how your journey continues ok?!

Wow! We've done it! After a LONG time, we've managed to win the CL vs none other that Man United. It was completely undeserved, but that just makes it better, especially the fact that they beat us last year. Now nothing else is left except the CWC, but man it feels good to bring the CL to his historical club. We also scored an incredible 132 goals in the league, beating Torino's 100 year record in the process.

image.thumb.png.e8a0d5fb716cc9bbf3a47b69f9613fec.png

image.thumb.png.80990482776b4c09171ca2888dfa444e.png

image.thumb.png.500d81143e5463c171ebe1cc9649b4a5.png

I´ve had multiple offers for job interviews but this job was the only one that interested me. Parma were predicted to be 6th this season but have been underachieving and I´m the man the board has chosen to lead the team into the top half of the table. The team is paying well over their wage budget and are heavily reliant on loan players and older player (average age of the squad is 29.7 if I exclude the loan players), so I will have to do some remodeling this summer (given I last until then).

This is the Serie B standing as I take over in February.

5aa932e81701e_ScreenShot2018-03-14at14_04_58.thumb.png.cd90c9a768d8e89ed5a02add639faa80.png

This was the star of my last intake.

I finally have my Batistuta.... Tarantino cranks out talent after talent.

So chuffed with this guy. 

He even broke Amadei's youngest goal scorer record... and would of broke youngest player record too if it wasn't wrong on the game.

They have Amadei appearing at 14 years 317 days then a week later he magically ages to 15 years 287 days when he scores his goal.

20180315_005412.jpg

I have just started a Lazio game. I am thinking about moving forward with a 4312 formation (Immobile as a poacher, Sergej as a mezzalla), anyone else have any luck with them? Lost  Alberto for three months, Felipe Anderson is also out for 4-6 months. Gonna have to use Sergej as my CAM for a bit

8 hours ago, craigd84 said:

This was the star of my last intake.

I finally have my Batistuta.... Tarantino cranks out talent after talent.

So chuffed with this guy. 

He even broke Amadei's youngest goal scorer record... and would of broke youngest player record too if it wasn't wrong on the game.

They have Amadei appearing at 14 years 317 days then a week later he magically ages to 15 years 287 days when he scores his goal.

20180315_005412.jpg

Great to see my Roma save has inspired others, Taranito is definitely absolutely world class for bringing in talents! 

2 hours ago, FlairRA said:

Great to see my Roma save has inspired others, Taranito is definitely absolutely world class for bringing in talents! 

I normally do one but reading your post made me leave my Liverpool save for now and start this save earlier than normal.

I just started my regular save in Italy with one of the Italian teams I have a soft spot for Cagliari (I'm not one for the bigger clubs) hopefully I can keep them in Serie A and slowly build a squad capable of challenging the bigger clubs. It's seems a lot of their better players are currently loaned out  but a few tweaks here and there should get the team performing. My first aim is to get a half decent young back up defender and a left midfielder, the squad has too many over 30's for my taste so a couple of them will have to go most noteably Raphael the 35 year old Brazilian GK the two younger keepers hopefully will develop in to respectable Serie A players they have the potential. Thankfully Palmeiras feel he can still do a job in the Brazilian league and who am I to complain at £1milion plus add-ons.

Meanwhile 2 of my 4 signings have come in on a free (Giovanni Amoroso and Thomas Gaydu both forwards and still teenagers), Tozzo who will be my back up GK for one season (he isn't really first team material to be honest but Crosta my third senior GK is still only 19 and a little raw at the moment) was brought in from Sampdoria for £105k so I'm not going to lose much sleep if the transfer doesn't work out. In defence I picked up Raphael Diarra from AS Monaco for £250k he will also be back up for my main DC's and as a bonus he can play DR as well. Finally I 'stole' the young winger Visconti from Inter for £300k a bit pricey for a 17 year old but considering his compenstation payment would have been over £800k I think it is worth a punt.

In this first season I'm looking to easily avoid the relegation spots hopefully getting into a safe mid-table position whilst going as far as I can in the cup.  

Third season has been a bit of a mixed bag so far. Made £150m profit in the transfer window

I'm 1st in the league but it's definitely tight up there, with Udinese and Fiorentina surprisingly being my biggest rivals right now. Milan are hovering just above the relegation zone, with Inter and Lazio both struggling in mid table. I made it out of my CL group (Atletico, Lyon and Celtic), so interested to see who I get in the draw

My scouts have told me that Sander Berge is available on the cheap, and they rate him at 97! I have Khedira, Marchisio, Arthur and a regen in those two spots though so I decided to make an offer of £19m and for him to sign at the end of the season (at which point Khedira and Marchisio will be 33 and 34 respectively). I also have a number of regens joining me on the cheap

Wonderkid Gjoni is starting to break in to the team and has 10 goals and 5 assists in his 5(7) games this season. (He's an academy grad who just turned 17 a few months ago so I am very excited!)

50e69fb3d952a577d150b8abca337bad.png

However there has been another surprise star this year, and again it's on the left wing! Only turned 18 a couple of months ago but so far he has 12 goals and 8 assists in his 12(4) games so far, making him both top scorer and top assister. Very surprised given his stats aren't out of this world

5441018a715a93f3c1b39634898013c3.png

I noticed that I finish to manually scout/buy always same players because I know them in real life. I decided then to restart a new career (again with Juve) and to buy only players/staff suggested. 
In this way will be harder because I'll have limited choice but even funnier because I'll discover new players. Let's see :) 

Started as Bologna, quite a funny save, transfers disabled for the first window as usual in my saves

Expectations are low (predicted to be 14th) but you inherit a quite a nice squad with some nice strikers like Palacio, even if he's already 34 he still bangs them in !

Mattia Destro a player i always liked in FL is still there and you have a really good IF Simone Verdi !

Currently at the end of January, sitting comfortably 4th in the league and still in Coppa Italia :)

Juventus is obviouly leading the Serie A

And it's over, we beat COR in the CWC final on penalties after thrashing Sydney FC 8-0 in the semis. Slightly undeserved but considering we had 3 of our first choice midfielders out and play a 4-3-3, I'll take it. In other news, we got taken over by an Australian tycoon who's given us a frankly astounding 133 million transfer and 1.14 million wage budget, a far cry from the 3 million I was getting for the first few seasons! :lol:

image.thumb.png.f9e376ae154a73d247286c4bb20d0e6d.png

Also, somehow Alex Di Maria hasn't even reached the top 3 in the World Player of the year, despite hitting 56 goals in 53 games... and winning the CL. Still the boyhood Roma supporter is an absolute beast! :)

Edit: Now he's hit the 400- appearance mark and 300 goal mark!

image.thumb.png.e4fdad00043b1f5c8a487794197aede0.png

1 hour ago, BradleyCook90 said:

I have started a save as Roma, I am 7 games in 2nd behind Juve but im struggling to get Dzeko involved! any suggestions?

Im playing 433 two wingers.

Going to need more than that mate, show us your tactics please!

16 hours ago, FlairRA said:

And it's over, we beat COR in the CWC final on penalties after thrashing Sydney FC 8-0 in the semis. Slightly undeserved but considering we had 3 of our first choice midfielders out and play a 4-3-3, I'll take it. In other news, we got taken over by an Australian tycoon who's given us a frankly astounding 133 million transfer and 1.14 million wage budget, a far cry from the 3 million I was getting for the first few seasons! :lol:

image.thumb.png.f9e376ae154a73d247286c4bb20d0e6d.png

Also, somehow Alex Di Maria hasn't even reached the top 3 in the World Player of the year, despite hitting 56 goals in 53 games... and winning the CL. Still the boyhood Roma supporter is an absolute beast! :)

Edit: Now he's hit the 400- appearance mark and 300 goal mark!

image.thumb.png.e4fdad00043b1f5c8a487794197aede0.png

He looks a beast. I see the shoots with power works for this lad then haha. 

19 hours ago, BradleyCook90 said:

I have started a save as Roma, I am 7 games in 2nd behind Juve but im struggling to get Dzeko involved! any suggestions?

Im playing 433 two wingers.

I had the same problem with Icardi in a 4-2-3-1DM Wide tactic, he scored only 2 goals in 9 games until I got my tactic working (fiddled around with roles and instructions for about 2 months in-game time), I found to be most effective as Complete Forward with attack duty, with an Att midfielder on support duty with roam from position and play risky passes instructions behind him and with the AMR (Candreva or Karamoh) as winger with support duty and cross from byline instruction. He now has 22 goals in 33 league  games and 3 more in the Coppa Italia, all scored from inside the box.

Like others above me have said, we`ll need to see your tactic, but most importantly, you need to ask yourself what do you want him to do? I don`t want Icardi to get involved an awful lot with build-up play (he does so occasionally, as that`s what the CF role does), I want him to be in the box when there`s a cross or a through ball getting there and score goals. Is Dzeko scoring for you? 

Looking at him and Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria, both teams are likely to go down at the end of the season, so they should become unhappy and available for a lower price. 

I also want to recommend Felice D`Amico, he`s on loan from Palermo at Inter for the first season, I paid his optional fee and will join us permanently for only 625k. Fantastic player, and can play pretty much anywhere in the AM strata. Funny thing is I found him by accident, I had Candreva, Cancelo and Karamoh injured (pretty much every player that can play AMR) and didn`t have who to use, so I played him from the first minute, he assisted Icardi twice on his debut and then scored his first goal the next game.  Had a closer look at him after the game and immediately made the move permanent.

34 minutes ago, Marius_R said:

I had the same problem with Icardi in a 4-2-3-1DM Wide tactic, he scored only 2 goals in 9 games until I got my tactic working (fiddled around with roles and instructions for about 2 months in-game time), I found to be most effective as Complete Forward with attack duty, with an Att midfielder on support duty with roam from position and play risky passes instructions behind him and with the AMR (Candreva or Karamoh) as winger with support duty and cross from byline instruction. He now has 22 goals in 33 league  games and 3 more in the Coppa Italia, all scored from inside the box.

Like others above me have said, we`ll need to see your tactic, but most importantly, you need to ask yourself what do you want him to do? I don`t want Icardi to get involved an awful lot with build-up play (he does so occasionally, as that`s what the CF role does), I want him to be in the box when there`s a cross or a through ball getting there and score goals. Is Dzeko scoring for you? 

i also have the same problem with icardi,usually in first 10 games he just scores 2-3 goals. but after that when he start scoring again,he just can not stop. i'm curious that is his hard-code lol

1 hour ago, Marius_R said:

Looking at him and Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria, both teams are likely to go down at the end of the season, so they should become unhappy and available for a lower price. 

I also want to recommend Felice D`Amico, he`s on loan from Palermo at Inter for the first season, I paid his optional fee and will join us permanently for only 625k. Fantastic player, and can play pretty much anywhere in the AM strata. Funny thing is I found him by accident, I had Candreva, Cancelo and Karamoh injured (pretty much every player that can play AMR) and didn`t have who to use, so I played him from the first minute, he assisted Icardi twice on his debut and then scored his first goal the next game.  Had a closer look at him after the game and immediately made the move permanent.

D'Amico is a god. Unbelievable talent. I always buy him. But because I start with the first window off I always have to pay upwards of 10mil.

4 hours ago, craigd84 said:

He looks a beast. I see the shoots with power works for this lad then haha. 

Yep, he's got the two PPM's my central striker ALWAYS needs: Shoots with Power and Takes First Time Shots, these two create a load of goals, as shown by him now grabbing 60 in 46 appearances. Also knocked in 4 in a record 10-0 destruction of Wolfsburg!

image.thumb.png.a933d2b20d909f61b1e4508644e70061.png

Well that was embarrassing..

image.thumb.png.6928fd198e0126c6550ead1de1489f9d.png

Doesn't potray the scoreline at all though, my style is usually to destroy teams at home while having a narrow loss away, but as you can see it didn't work here. Namely because they scored all their chances at their home while we did this in ours...

image.thumb.png.9f56bde13d30849a83247e9665b6c768.png

It should have been a cricket score line, haha!

3 hours ago, craigd84 said:

I love "tries first time shots"

It would be good to see some of your goals. 

Sure mate, I'll upload Roma 10-0 Wolfsburg (case in point for the destroy teams at home!) as soon as I can!

Well ten games into my season with AC Milan and I've finally reached the summit unbeaten.  Only loss in all competitions was at home in the Europa league against Sion with a weakened team.  Juve surprisingly lost at home to Cagliari yet Bologna are performing credibly in 3rd.

Roma underachieving in mid table.  SPAL  conceding over 3 goals a game, marooned at the bottom with 3 points.

What is annoying me though is that no one will leave.  I've players on £31.5k p/w yet no one will take them.

Season 3 is done! Another league title, supercup and cup. Got to the final of the CL, but lost 1-0 to United so I'm absolutely gutted

Not a pleasant transfer window so far... Ordiozola, Bernadeschi and Higuain all want to leave however I only want to sell Hig. Doing what I can to keep the others, but Higuain has damaged his achilles tendon which is incredibly annoying. Will have to see what happens there. I've also had Marchisio retire, and Chiellini and Khedira both drop their squad status. Only new signing so far is Sander Berge, who will take over from Khedira.

I'm not sure what way round to play Arthur and Berge. One will be a DLP, the other a Segundo Volante, just not sure which will be which

14 minutes ago, Aizo4576 said:

I'm not sure what way round to play Arthur and Berge. One will be a DLP, the other a Segundo Volante, just not sure which will be which

If they've both got most of the required attributes - I'd be looking at Acceleration, Pace, Stamina and Natural FItness. If one of them is higher on 3/4 that's the one you want - the speed to get up and down, stamina to keep doing it and natural fitness for recovery. 

On 19/03/2018 at 15:51, zlatanera said:

If they've both got most of the required attributes - I'd be looking at Acceleration, Pace, Stamina and Natural FItness. If one of them is higher on 3/4 that's the one you want - the speed to get up and down, stamina to keep doing it and natural fitness for recovery. 

Yeah, I decided on Berge as SV and Arthur as DLP.

There is an abundance of incredible striker regens in my save, so I may have to switch up my system from next year...

Thinking a 4312 or 41212 narrow diamond, any suggestions?

Archived