FM18: Serie A - The home of Calcio

stgahoy

1 ora fa, Aizo4576 ha scritto:

Yeah, I decided on Berge as SV and Arthur as DLP.

There is an abundance of incredible striker regens in my save, so I may have to switch up my system from next year...

Thinking a 4312 or 41212 narrow diamond, any suggestions?

I play 4312 because is my fav formation even in real life. The only player really negatively affected is Cuadrado and I plan to sell him or in january or at the end of the season even if in a 433 he's amazing.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

I play 4312 because is my fav formation even in real life. The only player really negatively affected is Cuadrado and I plan to sell him or in january or at the end of the season even if in a 433 he's amazing.

I'm very much considering a switch to a 4312, the only thing is it'll potentially push 3 players (Bernadeschi, Orsollini and Fernandez, a regen) out of the side

8 minuti fa, Aizo4576 ha scritto:

I'm very much considering a switch to a 4312, the only thing is it'll potentially push 3 players (Bernadeschi, Orsollini and Fernandez, a regen) out of the side

Bernardeschi behind strikers should play more than decently, no?

32 minutes ago, Aizo4576 said:

17 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Bernardeschi behind strikers should play more than decently, no?

I had him in a 4312 with Fiorentina in FM17 and his outstanding performances masked how crap the actual tactic was. Also used him as "Messi" in Ozil's Guardiola tactic with the same club. He improves about the same as he did in the last FM so I would see no reason why you can't get him flying as a No. 10.

And I've actually decided to ditch the 4312. Last year it was my favourite formation, but I can't get it going this year at all.

I'll stick with my deep 4231 for now, but I want to maybe change up the middle three. It's just finding some combo that works amazingly for Arthur, Berge, Alena and a regen who is amazing and fairly well rounded.

My front three is a Winger (A), AF(A) and IF(S), so I need to decide how to set up around that

After 8 league games with Cagliari things are going better than planned with the team currently sitting 8th in Serie A with creditable draws against several of the bigger sides in the league most notably a 4-4 draw at home to AC Milan. Only two games lost so far a 4-0 away defeat to Lazio and more disappointly a 1-0 home reversal to Chievo. If the squad can keep this up for the rest of the season I will be happy. Playerwise I have been particularly impressed with the young North Korean forward Han Kwang-Song who was thrown in at the deep end so to speak owing to an injury to my planned 1st choice forward Sau. The lad has managed 6 goals in 8 games in all competitions and looks to be a very good bet to improve significantly over the next few seasons. Likewise the young GK Cragno is also doing well and is more than making up for the sale of Rafael. The high tempo 433 Assymetic AML tactic is developing well and the more the squad plays the more proficient and settled they are. I'm not expecting to win the league anytime soon but a good solid mid-table slot will be an excellent starting point to push forward from.  

So I'm halfway through the first season with Milan and sit top with 48 points, seven clear of Juve/Napoli.  A lot of my players want to move to clubs which are a) in the CL b) more reputable leagues but if I can offer CL football they'll stay.  I will definitely be offering this to them at the end of the year.  Could I win the league?  Perhaps.  Coutone is just hammering them in.  Does he become really special?

I've just turned down a £38m bid for Romanogli from Bayern.  Problem is I'm hemorraging about £5m a month so if I accept I'll break even from all this debt.

Hope your games are going ok!

3 hours ago, CarlosEsDios said:

So I'm halfway through the first season with Milan and sit top with 48 points, seven clear of Juve/Napoli.  A lot of my players want to move to clubs which are a) in the CL b) more reputable leagues but if I can offer CL football they'll stay.  I will definitely be offering this to them at the end of the year.  Could I win the league?  Perhaps.  Coutone is just hammering them in.  Does he become really special?

I've just turned down a £38m bid for Romanogli from Bayern.  Problem is I'm hemorraging about £5m a month so if I accept I'll break even from all this debt.

Yeah Cutrone can be outstanding - as far back as FM16 I've had him as a 30 goals per season striker but he's greatly improved in the current edition. 

Don't sell Romagnoli, he's one of the best CBs in the game! With him and Bonucci you've got one of the best defensive pairings in the game. I personally would always try to be rid of the foreigners first - the likes of Biglia, Kalinic and Bacca are on far too much money given their ages - if you can get rid of them without having to pay any wages it'll be make a great difference to your outgoings

4 hours ago, CarlosEsDios said:

I don't know about Coutone as I've never bought/had him in any of my saves (I normally stick to the English leagues). However, as has been said Romagnoli is one of the best CB in the game, I have him in one of my saves and he hasn't averaged below 7 in the 6 seasons he has been in my save, so don't sell. I personally would look to get rid of any older players on big wages. You need to bring down the wage bill not get rid of your best player if you can help it. 

10 ore fa, duds ha scritto:

Bad for you or always scores against you?

For me :D Ok, that I am not using him in his role but he's something unreal.. not able to pass, to score, not even a good header, super slow! I literally lost matches for his fault because I had Higuain. DYbala injured at the same time (a disaster even because has been like 2 months) and he simply wasn't able to score :D Fortunately january is close and I hope some manager of another team gets drunk enough to want him! I would probably even pay them to take him!

Guys do you think that replace him with a youngster as Cutrone or Dembele would be too dangerous? I mean if Higuain gets injured they would be the starter. Or do I look for some more experienced player?
The point is that as I have said I will buy just players that my scouts suggest me and then I don't have too many choices

40 minuti fa, duds ha scritto:

I’m a big fan of Cutrone and he develops really well too.

Dembele is also good but I would go for Cutrone myself - if only for the fact he’s Italian.

Do you think he would be ready to start in case Higuain gets injured? Btw Dembele's potential isn't amazing but in all career he scores ton of goals (always at least 1 goal for match)!

The Cutrone/Silva striker pairing eventually turns into pretty much the most potent in the world if you keep them together.  I finally won the league in my 5th season with AC Milan and they scored over 60 combined goals in the league alone.

Vigolo can be developed into a solid rotation option as well, and of course Kessie becomes world-class in short order.

I've just won the league and Europa league with AC Milan in my first season.  A front three of Silva/Coutone/Kalanic with Borini as and when worked wonders.

Chelsea/Man U bid around £58m for Silva but he is happy to stay as we've qualified for CL.  I'm still losing so much money though.  Bonucci on £240k per week!!!!

I've had lots of fun with my Juventus save recently. Won the Serie A 4 times in a row and just managed to defend the CL against United. We lost to them in second season on penalties but won it the following year (against United) in the 90th minute when Martial scored the winner (had bought him in the winter transfer the same season, with him having not played for 2 years). Won it again against United this year on penalties after having equalised in the 117th minute. United has just been insanely good on my FM-save.

Been trying to keep it Italian and have had some nice regens coming through Im looking to give more and more playtime. This is my first italian save in years, really enjoying it! 

Il 31/3/2018 in 15:10 , Goofan ha scritto:

I've had lots of fun with my Juventus save recently. Won the Serie A 4 times in a row and just managed to defend the CL against United. We lost to them in second season on penalties but won it the following year (against United) in the 90th minute when Martial scored the winner (had bought him in the winter transfer the same season, with him having not played for 2 years). Won it again against United this year on penalties after having equalised in the 117th minute. United has just been insanely good on my FM-save.

Been trying to keep it Italian and have had some nice regens coming through Im looking to give more and more playtime. This is my first italian save in years, really enjoying it! 

Can you post your formation? :) 

11 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Can you post your formation? :) 

Won't be able to get in the game for a while, but I play three different formations depending on opponent. It is either a classic 4-2-3-1 with Wingers running down the lings and the whole formation pushing forward in attacking mode. Then I have the 3-5-2 for tougher games (like United, Real Madrid, Napoli, Inter etc) where I need to have more control. I now play the middle three CM(A) DLP (D) CM(A)  after acquiring Verratti in the latest transfer window, with Paredes and Torreira bursting foward to support Dybala and Higuain. Final formation is a narrow one with 4-3-1-2 with either Correa or Dybala occupying the AM role and Higuain or Keane, a god-like regen I have, or an Italian Target Man I can't really remember the name of but he resides in a mid-table club in the beginning, depending on the opposition.  I usually start with "standard" and then change depending on how the match looks like.

My wingbacks are incredibly important and Alex Sandro has been one of my best player the last few years together with Zappacosta. 

3 ore fa, Juventus ha scritto:

wwTCZvP.png

I am not too sure what to with Bernardeschi, if I keep him or not. He even lost some speed too. 

Sell him without any doubt.. he never plays for you basically! There are players as Correa, Fekir and others that can replace him

Can I moan about Donnarumma?  The ***** one..

No one will have him.  He's been sat on his lazy arse for about 18 months now just picking up his £31.5kpw.  I've tried everything to get rid and he won't move/no one shows interest.

HELP!!!

2 minuti fa, CarlosEsDios ha scritto:

Can I moan about Donnarumma?  The ***** one..

No one will have him.  He's been sat on his lazy arse for about 18 months now just picking up his £31.5kpw.  I've tried everything to get rid and he won't move/no one shows interest.

HELP!!!

:lol:

1 hour ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Sell him without any doubt.. he never plays for you basically! There are players as Correa, Fekir and others that can replace him

I am conflicted, I want to sell him and I don't want to sell him. The part that doesn't want to sell him because irl I like him as a player, he's Italian and I am hoping he can turn it around. The part that wants to sell him because he's been injured for most of the last two seasons,  his attributes have decreased and his play since return has been lackluster to the say the least. 

6 minuti fa, Juventus ha scritto:

I am conflicted, I want to sell him and I don't want to sell him. The part that doesn't want to sell him because irl I like him as a player, he's Italian and I am hoping he can turn it around. The part that wants to sell him because he's been injured for most of the last two seasons,  his attributes have decreased and his play since return has been lackluster to the say the least. 

I understand but you are losing money.. which formation are you using? Do you have enough players where he plays?

I restarted my Roma save after I got sacked after only 18 league games.

Second time round I only made one major first team signing in the summer, Angel Correa from Atlético Madrid. He became Roma’s new number 10, playing in the middle of the three in a 4231 or as an inside forward in a 4123. I also signing Malang Sarr as a prospect in a cash plus Juan Jesus deal with Lille. The great Ray Wilkins also joined my coaching staff, providing an important linguistic link between me and the players.

We started the season brilliantly with three victories but the Champions League was a disaster for us. I fancied our chances in a group with Red Bull Leipzig, Tottenham and Atlético, but an opening home defeat against Leipzig set the tone, as did the 0-5 hammering at Spurs in match day two. We eventually finished bottom of the group with only four points. 

The poor European form was taken in to the domestic campaign. We started struggling to score, while always looking vulnerable at the back to late goals in games. We slipped down as far as eighth, at which point I was told we needed 10 points from five games to save my job! Fortunately for me we only just made the target and I was reprieved, but we did suffer the pain of a cup exit at home to league leaders Juventus.

There was no money to spend in January but Barcelona came in for defender Kostas Manolas for £35m, and I also managed to get the ineffective and overpaid Stephan El Shaarwary off the wage bill in a cut price sale to West Ham United. In came wonderkid defender Matthis De Ligt from Ajax, ex-Romanista Matteo Politano, and the ball playing defender Lucas on loan from Atlético Madrid.

Results have improved, so much that we are now unbeaten in seven games. After 25 games we sit third in the league, but with the top two (Juventus and Inter) far ahead and fighting for the title between them. 

1 hour ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

I understand but you are losing money.. which formation are you using? Do you have enough players where he plays?

I am playing 4-1-2-3. Dybala is currently my AMR.  I could easily replace him. I was thinking of replacing him with Chiesa. I prefer to replace him with another Italian player if I do decide to sell him. 

1 hour ago, Juventus said:

I am playing 4-1-2-3. Dybala is currently my AMR.  I could easily replace him. I was thinking of replacing him with Chiesa. I prefer to replace him with another Italian player if I do decide to sell him. 

Aww man, don't do that to Fiorentina all over again!

@CarlosEsDios Make sure Gigi Donnarumma doesn't have him as a preferred player or he'll kick off. Also, have you tried loaning him? Admittedly those are high wages but even half covered is better than nothing.

On 13/03/2018 at 20:21, CarlosEsDios said:

Aw sorry to hear this but keep u informed how your journey continues ok?!

Same thing happened to me. I had to start again as I love Roma and didn’t want another club. It’s a very tough dressing room to keep happy.

I got Sanchez on a free. To my surprise, he has been extremely mediocre at best. He's always let me down in big games. It's funny, because of his "pros" is  " Relishes big matches". I had to sub for Pavon in the Champions League final,  his average at that point was 6.3 or 6.2. 

He's now 30 and ManU is interested.  Anyone recommend a young, under 24-25 aml? 

14 ore fa, Juventus ha scritto:

Higuain sold? Btw I didn't even finish the first season and the board reduced the % I'll get by selling players to 55%! And I only renewed Rugani contract!!!!

Btw I think I am the only using the 41212 with Juve :D 

7 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Higuain sold? Btw I didn't even finish the first season and the board reduced the % I'll get by selling players to 55%! And I only renewed Rugani contract!!!!

Btw I think I am the only using the 41212 with Juve :D 

I sold him in the winter transfer of the second season. 

4 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

For me he's by far the best player. Until now in a 41212 he played 2240 mins, scored 29 goals and made 11 assists

He had an amazing first season. His second season was horrible, average rating was pretty low and he did not show up when I needed him the most. Dolberg, in his second season with us, was outscoring him. 

23 hours ago, zlatanera said:

Aww man, don't do that to Fiorentina all over again!

@CarlosEsDios Make sure Gigi Donnarumma doesn't have him as a preferred player or he'll kick off. Also, have you tried loaning him? Admittedly those are high wages but even half covered is better than nothing.

I really really appreciate the response but he ain't having it.. I moved him to the under 20s squad and then when i asked my ass man for guidance for a CL team, he suddenly appeared!

I want to find out his address, cover his front door in concrete and cut the phone lines....

2 hours ago, CarlosEsDios said:

I really really appreciate the response but he ain't having it.. I moved him to the under 20s squad and then when i asked my ass man for guidance for a CL team, he suddenly appeared!

I want to find out his address, cover his front door in concrete and cut the phone lines....

That sucks man. To be fair, in context of Milan's ridiculous wages his £31k/week isn't notable. Who is your backup keeper? Perhaps loan them until Antonio Donnarumma's contract expires. 

Still going strong with Cags it's now February and the winter transfer window has closed. The team has hit a rough patch going 9 games without a win but thanks to the early season form we are still in 11th position. My main forward Sau is having a nightmare season with a massive one goal in 15 games good job on loan Pavoletti (I'm tempted to try get him on a permanent deal at the end of the loan if my board will let me) and the young North Korean Han are scoring regularly to keep up the aim of avoiding the drop into Serie B.  I've picked up a few young players from the bigger clubs all for less than £500k each and got rid of older players in the form of Pedro and Andreolli for around their values so am easily in credit financially. As a result of major injuries to Cragno (GK who was developing nicely until his injury) and Visconti (LMid) I've had to get a couple of loanees from SPAL (currently bottom in the league) the young GK Marchegiani(the youngest and stats wise probably their best GK) and from Leicester City the 20 year old midfielder Harvey Barnes. Barnes looks to be a decent young player who if he continues to play well should do well in the Premiership. Hopefully the second half of the season will go as well as the first and the prediction of relegation is proven to be totally incorrect.

Can someone explain the registration rules as I’m having a nightmare.

i used both my slots in the summer but then in jan I signed an argie striker because he was amazing thinking I could use him the following year. The new pre season has just started and I still can’t register him. Could anyone think why this is? Do they need to play a certain amount of international games? 

Had a really good second half of the season with Roma. Lost only once and had some big wins along the way, including a fan pleasing 1-0 at home to champions Juventus. Finished third, ahead of Milan courtesy of the head to head rule.

No money to spend so have to sell to buy. I’ve already sold Radja Naingolan to Chelsea for €60m and I am trying to offload Diego Perotti and Bruno Perez. Manchester United also want Kevin Strootman, who I do not want to sell but he has a €45m release clause.

Only 25% of transfer revenue is made available to me so I have to buy well. Looking at midfield signings to build a side around Lorenzo Pellegrini. Anyone know how good Nicolo Barella can be? I am also looking at Stuttgart’s Santiago Ascacibar, who looks like a real hard nut midfielder. Ruben Neves could be a long term replacement for Danielle De Rossi.

@stevecummins78 Barella can be a solid Serie A performer - had him in my old Fiorentina save. I'd also look at Benassi from the aforementioned side, if they haven't got Europe should be reasonably easy to unsettle, and he'll only be on something like £22k/week as well. Never had Ascacibar but yeah he does look solid. 

3 hours ago, stevecummins78 said:

I am also looking at Stuttgart’s Santiago Ascacibar

I just finished my first season with Stuttgart and I have to say that I was disappointed with Ascacibar. He looks like the next Gattuso, but he's a really dumb (no other way to put it) player.
Too many unnecessary cards, even with instructions to not be so aggressive. Can't play as DM because of his lack of height, nothing special with the ball in CM role.
Got offers for nearly 20mil€ for him at the end of the season and just sold him. Got Kramer and Delaney from Gladbach and Bremen, 10mil€ each, because they both got relegated.

Barella is a better option.

Archived