FM18: Serie A - The home of Calcio

stgahoy

@Marius_R could you recommend which of the u20 keepers would be the best to step up to the senior team, Berni is out of contract and the end of the year and I want to promote a youngest to keep my home grown tally complete.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@lblanc I still play Handanovic, he won the best goalkeeper in the Serie A and Champions League awards and is still going strong even at 36. Bardi, Ionut Radu and Vladan Dekic are the ones that can step up, but Bardi will throw his toys out of the pram every 3 months for not getting enough playing time. I`ve used him mostly in the cup and in 1-2 Champions League group stage games, that`s enough to keep him happy.

5 minutes ago, Marius_R said:

@lblanc I still play Handanovic, he won the best goalkeeper in the Serie A and Champions League awards and is still going strong even at 36. Bardi, Ionut Radu and Vladan Dekic are the ones that can step up, but Bardi will throw his toys out of the pram every 3 months for not getting enough playing time. I`ve used him mostly in the cup and in 1-2 Champions League group stage games, that`s enough to keep him happy.

Oh yeah Handa is still going to be my undisputed number 1 and Padelli has done brilliantly in the cup for me so he is number 2.

Radu is one i've had my eye on alright (not 100% sure if he coming back in the summer though) I know Bardi is decent (from previous Inter saves in FM) but i'm thinking of previous cashing in on him during the summer or at least loaning him out again as you say he does moan and I don't want to stand in his way.

This is my team at the start of the 4th season (2020-21):

GK: Handanovic, Bardi, Radu

DR: Thomas Meunier, Danilo D`Ambrosio

DC: Milan Skriniar, Eliaquim Mangala, Alessandro Bastoni

DL:  Emerson, Davide Santon

DM:   Matias Vecino, Marcelo Brozovic, Assane Gnoukouri

DM:  Roberto Gagliardini, Geffrey Kondogbia

AMR: Antonio Candreva, Felice D`Amico, Domenico Berardi

AMC: Joao Mario

AML:  Antony Martial, Ivan Perisic, Frank Kouame (newgen)

ST:  Andrea Pinamonti, Florin Andone, Facundo Colidio

I`m looking for another defender, there`s no one in the Under20s or Under18s good enough to act as backup, and another AMC, Joao Mario`s contract runs out next summer and he isn`t looking interested in signing a new deal, so I`ll just have to cash in while I still can. As a replacement, Marco Asensio is unhappy at Manchester United, especially as they now signed Dybala and Christian Eriksen, but they haven`t transfer listed him (yet). Gabriel Jesus is also transfer listed and available for 50M, but I don`t know how effective he is as an AMC.

In terms of out going transfers, all my defenders are wanted by other clubs, but the only ones I`d look to sell are Mangala and Meunier, Mangala is already 29 and I`d make a decent profit on him (signed him for free, now valued at 55M) and Meunier isn`t my type of defender, I`m looking for a Maicon type of player on the right side and he just isn`t what I want. Also might make some profit for him, signed him for 36M and I`ve rejected offers of 40M from Barcelona and Chelsea.

I'm currently looking at my plans for next year already as I have a 19 point gap at the top of the league thought it would be the right time to see where i can improve.

I want to definitely improve the right side hand

I've been unsettling Berardi since November and he currently unhappy looking to move to a bigger club( ME!!) on last day of the window I agreed (well not fully ) at 23m fee with Sassuolo for him but obviously didn't have the funds to accept it but I'm hoping to revisit that in the summer.

A right back to compete or perhaps take over D’ambrosio is something I’m looking at too, Darmian is unhappy at Man U and given he can play both sides I’m tempted but would prefer someone younger.

A new cb is on my list too, Tonelli has done well as backup for the first part of season and has stepped up nicely since Miranda left (currently rotating with Caio who I do have high hopes for) but i'm 50/50 about whether to activate the 4m clause I have for him as I think there will be better options come the summer.

My central mid options are fine Brozo, Vecino, Gagliardini, Joao Mario, Valero*, Kongdobia and the incoming Mazzitelli will all compete and rotate. Gnoukouri too may feature.

*will most likely transfer list him in the summer given he is 33

I might sell Eder and Perisic in the summer mostly due to the first being very moany and the latter just to 1) raise funds 2) being offered Luan for 15m and to give Kluivert more chances next year.

Up top I’m happy with Icardi and Martinez and Pinamonti who I loaned out to Genoa and so far he has scored 3 in 5 for them so he’ll 100% be back in the mix next year which unfortunately means I’ll be sending Vietto back even though he has single handily won me games since he came in but I don’t want to hinder Pinamonti. If Man City and Chelsea follow up their interest in Icardi then maybe I’ll  look to bring him back in but for now that is set. Colidio is another who is knocking on the door after a successful loan spell this season.

What I’m not looking forward to the influx of loan returns always one thing I dislike about Serie A saves after the first season the amount of dead wood which returns to the club and the difficulty at which it takes to get them off the books

Just finished 2nd in my first season with Lazio, pretty happy with that, was 4 points off winning the title.

Immobile was the Top Scorer in the League with 26 goals in 34 games.

Here is my team:

(5-3-2 WB)

Strakosha

De Vrij - De Ligt (£35m) - Lucas (Loan)

Marusic                              Lulic 

Lucas Leiva - Milinkovic-Savic - Parolo

Immobile - Santi Mina (Loan)

Very impressed with Mina and Marusic, my 2 stand out players other than Immobile.

Just got past the transfer deadline and I've also added Gabriel Jesus to my Inter team, one season long loan with an option to buy for 35M Euro. My attack now consists of D'Amico - G. Jesus - Martial and Pinamonti as ST. First two games of the season, 2-0 away to Juventus and 6-0 against Napoli. Not bad.

So it has eventually happened my unbeaten Serie A run is over

image.png.4db71e70f431aabeccb9e2e406f3356c.png

Fair play to Lazio though they deserved it we were shocking over the 90 minutes. Also lost 3-2 to Juve in the second leg of the cup but my 5-2 win in the San Siro was meant I go through to the cup final against Roma.

I'm also managing Ireland too and having qualified for the World Cup without losing a game and not playing any November friendlies this has happened

image.thumb.png.e2c0a878395839fd42b67242171d28f2.png

Got drawn into a World Cup group with Mexico, Slovakia,Tunisia

With 6 games left to go I've clinched the title

image.thumb.png.c5234acc45262248efe0c718f6e89900.png

A Very Dramatic way to win it too

image.png.a21eb71f63291f4a0edbba7de9da4c85.png

4 minutes of injury time and it was still 0-0 , going into stoppage time I went to overload as I had faith in my boys that we could get the win. A nice one-two with Candreva and Joao Mario who whipped into the box...LAAAAUUUTTTTAAARRRRRROOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100 points is now my target

So end of season one

image.thumb.png.75661debbded8b29e7b3721d4bc1ad3c.png

Didn't quite make my 100 point target but was champions by a good margin so very proud, and look at that against figure 19!!!

which brings me to the biggest travesty of the season

image.thumb.png.3a91fb867bdefb5e9171f9431b3852b1.png

How on earth did Buffon claim that above Handanovic I will never know. I got a nice clean sweep of the defenders (surprised with Miranda given he left in Jan) and Midfielders of the year.

Done the double too with once again Lautaro Martinez grabbing a stoppage time equaliser and then forcing Juan Jesus to put through his own net to bring the cup to Milan

image.png.714bf0ecc3d1f5a8e7671368cd951f7b.png

Also confirmed my big summer signing

image.thumb.png.14c167c4ddd58a7f7f61c3f2184b0a25.png

I think i'll have a slight rebuild next year and probably a change in formation as I don't think i got the best out Icardi this year only 18 league goals I expected a lot more from him.

Until the start of next season FORZA INTER!!!

3 minutes ago, lblanc said:

@stevecummins78

I see you now seem to be getting the best out of Lautaro, did you retrain him as an Advanced Forward or still playing him Complete?

Advanced forward. But he got injured again in the very next game, out for 4 weeks. Lost 0-1 at home to Genoa. Awful performance.

0-2 down at Udinese but got back to 2-2. Now 8 points behind Juventus after 15 games. Always asking a lot for my new young team (average age 23) to win the title in their first campaign. Next two games at Lazio and Napoli, need results for the fans and to consolidate top three place.

About to start second season with Inter, a few in's and out which i'll detail more later, the big news is after a very successful World Cup campaign with my native Ireland were I finished 4th I got offered the Italian job it was a very tough decision and one I had to actually really think about as I would have liked to continue as Ireland manager and build on the success but the opportunity to rebuild the Italian team after their disastrous World Cup (knocked out in Last 16 by Ukraine), I accepted and resigned as Irish manager.

A quick look at the squad for them and they're a good young squad who can really go places.

Anyone had any experience of managing them?

Any tips to best formation and players to use. Only glaringly obvious lack of quality appears to be left back but I do have a regen for Inter who is highly rated so he may be one for the future.

Bastoni is great.
Zinho can also become a good rotational defender.
Those two, Škriniar and another CB should set you up for 10 seasons or so.

Dimarco is a solid player, can be Dalbert's backup.
Karamoh can also be solid.
Pinamonti is potentially a world class striker.

Which patch are you on?
Is Rafinha there?
Did you get Kondogbia and Mario back?

Unless you bring reinforcements, after two seasons or so you need new wingers.
I just stared an Inter save, bought Lautaro (he already signed irl).
Going to try 4-4-2 in the first season.

If I get all of my midfielders back from loans, I'm thinking of trying 4-1-3-2 with 3CM in the second season.
Gagliardini+Brozović,Mario,Kongodbia, Rafinha looks promising.

If you're interested in wingers, Felipe Anderson, Živković and Chiesa would be my recommendations. Berardi is also fairly cheap.

Normally I would not sell Spinazzola. Very good back fb who play both side and is Italian, but Chelsea offered me 50 million upfront and 20 million in bonus. I was completely shocked then hit the accept button right away. 

Is there a problem with the non-eu registration?  I signed Jorge in April, but would on join the team when transfer window opens in july. No problem there...... When he joined on I believe July 1st he did not could be registered. I sent on loan my non-eu or released any surplus non-eu players I had on the team. He still could not be registered. I signed Akinfev as back up goalie . He was registered as a non-eu.  This is extremely bizarre. 

This happened at the end of the second season. 

9 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Bastoni is great.
Zinho can also become a good rotational defender.
Those two, Škriniar and another CB should set you up for 10 seasons or so.

Dimarco is a solid player, can be Dalbert's backup.
Karamoh can also be solid.
Pinamonti is potentially a world class striker.

Which patch are you on?
Is Rafinha there?
Did you get Kondogbia and Mario back?

Unless you bring reinforcements, after two seasons or so you need new wingers.
I just stared an Inter save, bought Lautaro (he already signed irl).
Going to try 4-4-2 in the first season.

If I get all of my midfielders back from loans, I'm thinking of trying 4-1-3-2 with 3CM in the second season.
Gagliardini+Brozović,Mario,Kongodbia, Rafinha looks promising.

If you're interested in wingers, Felipe Anderson, Živković and Chiesa would be my recommendations. Berardi is also fairly cheap.

Careful with Bastoni, I got tricked, he joins only on July 2019. :lol: And don`t forget D`Amico, he`s on loan at Inter with an option to buy for only 625k. That`s your Candreva replacement sorted out.

I just started my 4th season at Inter and for the first time in years, I`ve won the first 8 league games of the season, 27-1 goal difference (conceded from a penalty against SPAL, beat them 5-1 in the end). Signed Anthony Martial on a free transfer and he`s been superb, 9 goals in 7 games, and also added Gabriel Jesus on loan, so now my attack consists of D`Amico - Gabriel Jesus - Martial with Pinamonti as ST. I`m glad Icardi left in a way, because him staying would`ve restricted Pinamonti`s playing time and hinder his development. He`s a world class striker now and after 3 seasons of training, he`s an excellent Complete Forward, with 4 goals and 8 assists in 10 games. Gabriel Jesus is hit and miss as I still haven`t found his best role as AMC, whilst D`Amico is just overpowered, he`s like Messi ffs. My 2nd string line-up is Candreva - Joao Mario - Perisic and Andone/Colidio, not bad, plus Berardi and Kouame (newgen), plus another 18-year old AMR with 5-star potential on loan at Brescia.

Sadly though, I have little competition in the league, Juventus aren`t even close to challenging for the league, Milan and Napoli are on a roaller coaster, one great season and you think "hey, next season it`s between us and them", then mid-table the next season, Roma are mid-table at best, whilst Lazio, despite keeping most of their key players, just don`t perform. Sassuolo have had the highest number of top 4 finishes than any other club besides me and Juventus, and Sampdoria and Torino are Italy`s teams in the Champions League. :D

14 ore fa, Juventus ha scritto:

Is there a problem with the non-eu registration?  I signed Jorge in April, but would on join the team when transfer window opens in july. No problem there...... When he joined on I believe July 1st he did not could be registered. I sent on loan my non-eu or released any surplus non-eu players I had on the team. He still could not be registered. I signed Akinfev as back up goalie . He was registered as a non-eu.  This is extremely bizarre. 

Send him on loan to an italian team and recall him straight away. That will clense him of the status and be registered by the loanee team. It happens a lot irl (but usually they stay on loan for at least a window), and i'm happy this year it is finally represented in game

4 hours ago, Raymond85 said:

Send him on loan to an italian team and recall him straight away. That will clense him of the status and be registered by the loanee team. It happens a lot irl (but usually they stay on loan for at least a window), and i'm happy this year it is finally represented in game

I figured as much. Thank you for the tip. 

5 ore fa, Raymond85 ha scritto:

Lol, I didn't even realize was possible in the game ahahah I'll try for sure
I lost many players because I didn't know this ahahha 

20 ore fa, Juventus ha scritto:

Btw there is a difference between non-eu players that played at least 5 matches in the national team or 2 in the last year and non-eu players that played less in their NT.

Been keeping an eye on this forum for a while but I have been doing a different career. As a Juventus fan Serie A is always a league im extremely interested in and I decided to start a 2nd main save.

The team I decided to select was ATALANTA B.C and the reasons behind this were quite simple
1.Never won the Serie A or any European Competition
2.Amazing youth setup and prospects
3.The freedom to build a team without the pressures of challenging for the title.

I have already just got past the halfway stage of the season and let me just say things have been a little crazy!
They say a picture is worth a thousand words well..............................
705E055DE0613019D891437EB3A4A5BD71538E52
I mean look at this table!!!!! Apart from our amazing form which im struggling to beleive. I mean im a hardcore FM gamer but even for me this is crazy impressive. JUVENTUS still unbeaten which is amazing. But look at FIORENTINA WHAT!!!! HOW???? Then
theres TORINO near the bottom LAZIO just above them ROMA 13th NAPOLI 9th and BENEVENTO sitting in 8TH!
DFDC505A653AF1666CB73D8E5F924DACE9D8119F
My only 2 defeats in the league and both away from home to 2 fantastic teams. Highlights obviously the results against both MILANS.
And finally to add to the crazyness Ronaldo or Messi didnt win the first Ballon d'OR of my save it went to Italy.....
11A6CD7D86C6DF4F9704BCA4C2101D5909004D69
As far as signings etc go I have only purchased 2 young regens who REAL MADRID and MANCHESTER CITY were in for so had to offer them a little more wages than I would have liked for there age. And literally a week ago in January we
got Jean Michael Seri for £10m upfront and another £10m over 12month he has only played 1 game since joining.

In the Italian Cup we had a shocker and went out in the 1st round to Serie B side FOGGIA.
And in the Europa League we are in the 1st Knockout Round against Lokomotiv Moscow.

So just before I kick off my 2nd season with the Italian Super Cup here is an update on my squad for this season.

GKs- Samir Handanovic, Nicola Leali, Ionut Radu,

Lb- Yannick Gerhardt $, Dalbert

Cb- Rodrigo Caio, Milan Škriniar, Mattia Caldara $, Alessandro Bastoni *

Rb Alessandro Florenzi $, Danilo D'Ambrosio

Cm- Roberto Gagliardini, Marcelo Brozovic, Matías Vecino, Geoffrey Kondogbia, Assane Gnoukouri

W- Ivan Perišić, Stephan el-Shaarawy $, Antonio Candreva, Domenico Berardi $, Justin Kluivert, Felice D'Amico.

ST- Mauro Icardi, Lautaro Martinez, Andrea Pinamonti

$-New Signing

I’ve retrained Candreva to play as an Attacking Midfielder so my main starting formation is a 4-2-3-1 

* A lot of mid table teams want him on loan, if I can bring in another cb perhaps on loan I might be tempted to let him go out and get some games under his belt as he is 4th choice for me at the moment but obviously has great talent. (Also, the 2019 loan thing must be January update because he came back for me end of season.

Here is my full transfer history for new season

image.thumb.png.e31e2e211aa8ecf8ac3b7ce1de84c05b.pngimage.thumb.png.60a522e0a61f8c61cfb294abd10d2c41.png

Letting Joao Mario go was difficult but the initial fee which I negotiated to 46.5m plus the below add ons eased the burden and he wanted to go.

image.thumb.png.f51aab7120b03aca3f37bfe8bcb3c541.png

So just an update after Transfer Window has closed.

No New Signings have come in and no major departures either so squad is as it was above

A pretty handy and convincing 3-0 win in the Italian Super Cup gives me another piece of silverware to add to last years double

image.png.d4185b9a643ca939b62199af0c0d8d52.png

Also Champions League Draw was made, I'm happy with draw, I think i'm well capable of topping that group and also meeting Board Expectation of at least a Quarter Final place.

image.png.9f83260adb69cc6b10605200b1ff2b19.png

While of course it would be nice to win CL eventually I will save myself 15m in transfer fees if I don't do it until 20/21 season as Caldara and Gehardt have potential clauses for 10 and 5m respectively.

12 hours ago, lblanc said:

So just before I kick off my 2nd season with the Italian Super Cup here is an update on my squad for this season.

GKs- Samir Handanovic, Nicola Leali, Ionut Radu,

Lb- Yannick Gerhardt $, Dalbert

Cb- Rodrigo Caio, Milan Škriniar, Mattia Caldara $, Alessandro Bastoni *

Rb Alessandro Florenzi $, Danilo D'Ambrosio

Cm- Roberto Gagliardini, Marcelo Brozovic, Matías Vecino, Geoffrey Kondogbia, Assane Gnoukouri

W- Ivan Perišić, Stephan el-Shaarawy $, Antonio Candreva, Domenico Berardi $, Justin Kluivert, Felice D'Amico.

ST- Mauro Icardi, Lautaro Martinez, Andrea Pinamonti

$-New Signing

I’ve retrained Candreva to play as an Attacking Midfielder so my main starting formation is a 4-2-3-1 

* A lot of mid table teams want him on loan, if I can bring in another cb perhaps on loan I might be tempted to let him go out and get some games under his belt as he is 4th choice for me at the moment but obviously has great talent. (Also, the 2019 loan thing must be January update because he came back for me end of season.

Here is my full transfer history for new season

image.thumb.png.e31e2e211aa8ecf8ac3b7ce1de84c05b.pngimage.thumb.png.60a522e0a61f8c61cfb294abd10d2c41.png

Letting Joao Mario go was difficult but the initial fee which I negotiated to 46.5m plus the below add ons eased the burden and he wanted to go.

image.thumb.png.f51aab7120b03aca3f37bfe8bcb3c541.png

I thought about moving for Berardi myself. How are you playing him?

Suprised you got Florenzi from Roma. He is their vice captain and a club legend!

Very surprised myself tbh, I think Roma must have been massively in debt as a lot of there players were listed . They finished 14th the season before, lost the Europa League final to Lazio too so bad year for them.

He is in last year of his contract too so it may have been another reason why it was so easy to get him, I've got an 8.5m option to buy him out right too (which I may not use if I get potentially get him for free in the summer.

I'm playing Berardi as an inside forward on the right hand side done well in pre season and linked up really well with Icardi and Candreva in the Super Cup so looking forward to seeing how they do in the future.

In terms of Eder I offered him out without putting him on the transfer list with a 16m price tag (his value was 8) Real Sociedad offered 7 I managed to mingle it up to 10.75 somehow.

5 hours ago, stevecummins78 said:

Can anyone recommend a good BWM for my Roma side? I’ve sold Strootman, Gonolon and Nainggolan and need a bit a steel in there alongside a DLP.

Lucas Tousart from Lyon is one of the best around imo. 

8 ore fa, lblanc ha scritto:

For the BWM If looking for someone homegrown and Italian Sturaro is a beast.

I use him as mezzala but

first season: 40 apps, 7.32, 11 goals, 3 assists, 9 POM
half second season: 20 apps, 7.40, 7 goals, 0 assists, 2 POM

20 ore fa, stevecummins78 ha scritto:

Can anyone recommend a good BWM for my Roma side? I’ve sold Strootman, Gonolon and Nainggolan and need a bit a steel in there alongside a DLP.

Season? I didn't try many players because I put to myself the rule to buy only players suggested from my scouts. Btw that can play in that role and cheap I bought Ruggiero (2000) that in my carrer atm is 18yo and already regularly start in the national team U21 and after 17(1) serie A matches (in loan) he has 7.04, pass accuracy 86%, tackles won 79% and aerial duels won 76%. 
If you want midfielders a bit more complete give a look to Guendouzi and Ndombele. I have both and they can play in many roles.
Later btw I look better in my shortlist I have a ton of players and I'll be able to tell you more names :) Tousart, Linetty (if you want something cheap), Coulibaly, Danilo Pereira etc are sure good examples

3 minuti fa, Aizo4576 ha scritto:

Is damaged cruciate ligaments something players on fm struggle to come back to? Rodrygo has been out for half a year now and I'm scared it's over for him

Dybala broke his foot twice in like 1 year in my career.. Pjaca instead start already injured, he didn't even played 1 match and got injured again for 9 months and now he worths almost nothing

59 minutes ago, Aizo4576 said:

Is damaged cruciate ligaments something players on fm struggle to come back to? Rodrygo has been out for half a year now and I'm scared it's over for him

Sometimes they can come back but most of the time they become incredibly susceptible to damaging them again. In my save Alessandro Florenzi re-injured his cruciates a whopping five times He usually starts with a bout 15-16 pace/acc but he now has 11/12 at age 29. Players can certainly come back but the increased risk is always there. I would stick with Rodrygo until he injures them again, then I would probably think about moving him on. Absolute shame though man

2 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Guys that are playing with Juve, do you like Szczesny? I am finding him a bit poor and in fact if I am not wrong he's the only player of the whole team with an average <7..

Is he making a lot of errors? When I played with Juve I sold him and brought in someone young(lafont) and Someone a bit older to tutor him(Khune I think). Never really Liked Szczesny

1 minuto fa, aloshajeffers ha scritto:

Is he making a lot of errors? When I played with Juve I sold him and brought in someone young(lafont) and Someone a bit older to tutor him(Khune I think). Never really Liked Szczesny

Yes! I find him not too good in reflexes etc. He has around 65% of saves and I sure want someone better..
Lafont and Meret are of course in my shortlist, specially the first because just refused his contract then maybe I'll be able to buy him for a decent price! How much did you pay him?

Il 3/5/2018 in 14:26 , Raymond85 ha scritto:

If I let for example 5 non-eu players in loan 1 season, the next season will I be able to register all them?

Archived